That Man's Game design Question/Problem

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: That Man's Game design Question/Problem

Postby that man » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Alright then, I Just had a horrible idea about what I wanted to do with the card game idea...and, it is a horrible, Japan based idea:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Moe World Conquest!
...gender bent versions of famous generals from history...

So...should I go forward with the idea then, or just focus on the older one?
that man

Postby that man » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Okay, I managed to scratch some code together that is currently deprived of a battle engine. The reason for this is because I can't figure out how to link the two together. If someone could look at it, and tell me a possible way where by I could link the two, it would help me out a lot. I know there are probably going to be other mistakes, I was just wanting to deal with that first.
Code: Select All Code
<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <SCRIPT>
    var Entity = function (hp, mu, sp, pp, fp, re, de, sl) {
       this.hp = hp;
       this.pp = pp;
       this.mu = mu;
       this.re = re;
       this.fp = fp;
       this.de = de;
       this.sp = sp;
       this.sl = sl;
    };
    var Mina = new Entity(15, 15, 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3);
    var RH_Whelp = new Entity(15, 15, 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3);
    var BC_Whelp = new Entity(15, 15, 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3);
    var SS_Whelp = new Entity(15, 15, 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3);

var names;

var randomnumber = Math.floor(Math.random(10)*10);

var selectedmonster;
    if (randomnumber <= 3){
       selectedmonster = RH_Whelp;
       names = "Red Hand Whelp";
    }
    else if (randomnumber <= 6, > 3){
       selectedmonster = BC_Whelp;
       names = "Blue Chest Whelp";
    }
    else if (randomnumber > 6){
       selectedmonster = SS_Whelp;
       names = "Sand Stalker Whelp";
    }

var battle = 1;
    var monsterdead = 0;
    var playerdead = 0;
    var playerempty = 0;
    var monsterempty = 0;

var playerturn = 1;
    var monsterturn = 0;
       while (battle == 1){

while (playerturn == 1){

<form action="game_unkown.html" method="get">
        Choose your action:
        <button name="R_A" type="submit" value="RA">Ranged Attack</button>
        <button name="C_A" type="submit" value="CA">Close Attack</button>
        <button name="R_E" type="reset" value="RT">Retreat</button>
    if ((isset($_RA['']) {
    }

playerturn = 0;
    monsterturn = 1;
    }

while (monsterturn == 1){

playerturn = 1;
    monsterturn = 0;
    }

if (selectedmonster.hp < 0){
       monsterdead = 1;
       battle = 0;
    }

if (Mina.hp < 0){
       playerdead = 1;
       battle = 0;
    }

if (Mina.mu < 0){
        playerempty = 1
    }

if (selectedmonster.mu < 0){
        monsterempty = 1
    }
    </SCRIPT>
    </HEAD>
    </HTML>
that man

Postby that man » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:32 am

Alright then, this is going to be an odd thing, but I have an oddly horrible idea. And, I mean the idea is horrible...just read what it is, as I'm trying to figure out what exactly I should do with this idea:

Long after the last great general came to the world, the world was invaded by an unknown species known calling themselves the Kurome Sonye Jia. No one knew if they were daemons, ancient spirits, or simply Alien invaders, but what was clear was that none of the convention forces were effective against them, as they quickly conquered almost half of the known world. However, during one of the great battles, some soldiers disturbed the tomb of a great general, and in the process, discovered that some fluid from a Kurome Sonye Jia brought them back to life long enough to kill one of the enemies. Frantically excited at this news, Scientists immediately set about digging up the bodies of old generals, commanders, warlords, and other such people and brought in the body of the dead Kurome Sonye Jia, using all the fluids from the creature they could to bring back the any one of them. Eventually, they succeeded in bringing back a copy of Alexander the Great...but then quickly discovered three facts:

1. They were unable to replicate another general with the available fluids they had
2. Alexander required someone to direct his actions in battle
3. Alexander was now a Girl

After using and directing Her to destroy more Kurome Sonye Jia, it was discovered that rebirthing each of the generals required different types and amounts of fluids from the creatures, and that it was only by pure luck that the one creature had enough for Alexander, with their secondary attempts failing massively. Attempting to bring back the other generals revealed similar results, with each of them requiring large amounts of fluids and each one being the opposite gender of the person they once were. Regardless of those facts, enough of the Commanders were brought back to stem the tides of the Kurome Sonye Jia, and the project was declared a success.

Now, you have been selected to lead a detachment of these commanders, keeping their personalities in line and directing them towards a total victory over the Kurome Sonye Jia, and save the world!

Yeah...I almost have an engine done for it, but right now I'm looking to see if anyone would even be interested in playing a game with that description...so, would anyone?
that man

Postby that man » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:43 am

Alright then, I decided to try and make a different game, though I do have two ideas as to how things might actually go with later on, but I am not sure about what to do with the character designs, because...well, just look at her(NSFW):

sketch 3.png
This is a sketch of the main character and some possible ways to show damage.
sketch 3.png (26.62 KiB) Viewed 763 times

While I would need feedback on her design, as I am not sure if it is way too busy or not for this type of thing (especially the different colored sleeves and stockings), but I was also looking for comments on the enemy designs I have done so far, though I won't add many more until I know what more I am going to do with it. I'm stuck between the basic "go right and try not to be raped" or with the much more advanced "go around a creepy house and steal things while not trying to be raped". Either way, feel free to tell me what you think about them:

20150217_160407.jpg
Douple Mirror type enemy
20150217_160400.jpg
Ancient Scroll type enemy
20150217_160339.jpg
Maid Doll type enemy
20150217_160330.jpg
Domination Ring's type enemy.
20150217_160319.jpg
Will-o-wisp type enemy
20150217_160305.jpg
Frog type enemy
that man

Postby oneeyezero » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:37 am

Keep it simple both in gameplay and character design. Easier to program and animate.
I say go for the simple walk one direction and avoid getting raped.
I like your enemies (especially the vore frog), good potential for H-scenes. I’m curious how that scroll enemy works. What exactly does it do to the main character?
Got some stuff for yah. Sorry it took so long (been dealing with a lot of crap) but here is some stuff I've been working on. Think I'm getting better at this drawing thing, no more THAT FACE :D .....still suck at hands and feet though.....
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

xelastage.swf [ 143.21 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

xelaanimationsrebuild1.swf [ 166.52 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]

img040.jpg
img042.jpg
img044.jpg
img047.jpg
oneeyezero

Postby that man » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:14 pm

oneeyezero Wrote:Keep it simple both in gameplay and character design. Easier to program and animate.
I say go for the simple walk one direction and avoid getting raped.
I like your enemies (especially the vore frog), good potential for H-scenes. I’m curious how that scroll enemy works. What exactly does it do to the main character?
Got some stuff for yah. Sorry it took so long (been dealing with a lot of crap) but here is some stuff I've been working on. Think I'm getting better at this drawing thing, no more THAT FACE :D .....still suck at hands and feet though.....

Well, I really do enjoy the animations that you created, and wish that I had a way to use it for a game on my own. The only problem I have is with the design have the teddy bear, as the other designs work perfectly. Thanks for doing that.
that man

Postby that man » Tue May 12, 2015 12:34 am

...Ok

I was thinking of doing a visual novel staring a Crossdressing Shimakaze from Kantai Collection (sort of like this NSFW picture):
https://cs.sankakucomplex.com/data/a3/37/a33721016a41bcc4da9405151e30660b.jpg?4299049

It would be a visual novel type thing, and is mainly to see if I could do it. So, would anyone be interested in seeing how this turns out? I'll try to have a prototype up by Friday or so, nothing fancy.
that man

Postby that man » Thu May 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Okay then, this is mainly a test to see if I can actually release the game I made, since I managed to get it to work off line and on my computer. At the same time, I don't know if the Flash works, since there should be animations, sounds, and you should only be able to advance by clicking on the buttons. If it doesn't do that...then could someone tell me what I did wrong, or help me figure out how to make it happen?
Attachments
Shimakaze.odp
Source file
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Shimakazekun001.swf [ 857.95 KiB | Viewed 611 times ]

that man

Postby Off Topic » Sat May 16, 2015 10:13 am

It works!
I had no problems playing it, though I haven't went too far from the first scenes! I say it's not bad to feature a crossdresser, not bad at all! Nice!
eticapatetica ~ now with +37% of gayness!
Off Topic

Postby that man » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Well, I just had a random thought for a game when I was looking at RPGs, and was wondering what other people thought about it:
Having a class based system rpg, but having the classes be things like "Maid", "Slave", "Stripper", "Sacred Prostitute", "Mistress", and other such things like that, with the general idea being of a world where Daemons, Monsters, and such could only be defeated by the holy powers of the several different goddesses, all of which only grant their powers depending on sex (and I debating using real goddesses like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanaya). Other then that, I would honestly like help with this project since:

1. I'd like there to be around 16 classes for the game, and I'm not sure which ones would work best for this.
2. While I have an idea as to how I can write the rules for a combat system for an RPG (Power, Resilience, Wisdom, Charm, Libido, Willpower, Life Points, Lust Points, Skill Points), I'm not entirely sure how to code it properly.
3. There were probably going to be races such as Elf, Human, Mannequin, Kitsune, Mermaid, Zombie, Slime, Drow, Orc-(the problem is I was trying to figure out which ones I wanted to cut it down to for the main characters, and also the ideal party size for a game like this.)
4. This just seems like a fun thing to work on as a group.

Other then that, Just let me know if you like the idea, or are interested in it, and have a nice day.
that man

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:59 am

The idea sounds interesting, though I lack any means to do any coding. Writing in general I could help with though.

As for the Classes, I had the thought you could instead have 4 main classes... and then which have 3 sort of advanced classes to go with it.

Maid classes could be the more innocent and Holy based class, while Stripper could be a sort of rogue class. Not sure about the others.
Kuragari

Postby that man » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:41 am

@Kuragari
While that system does seem easier (and would be easier to use), that also depends on the combat system that is chosen. Other then that, these are the classes I had thought of so far:

-Maid/Bunny Girl (Jack of all trades, but still not being all to good with sex)
-Slave (capable of taking high amounts of pain/wearing out enemies)
-Mistress (Fast, deals high amounts of pleasure)
-Stripper/Dancer (...not sure, other then good at distracting)
-Sacred Prostitute (has holy magic, can heal with sex)
-Amazon/Barbarian (Good at resisting pleasure, great at causing pain)
-Seior/Witch (Dark Magic, corrupting pleasure)
-Call Girl (Not as good a Jack as Maid/Bunny Girl, but better with sex)
-Alchemist (good at drugging up other people for combat/sex, but requires ingredients)
...more classes that I'm trying to figure out/try to get help with.

Speaking if the combat system, the main three I managed to narrow it down to are:

-FF system (team of 4 members who all fight at once)
-Pokemon type system (party of up to six, with only one fighting at a time (easier for sex, and skills)).
-Formation type (like early Persona, where you have a formation that effects character's skills and weapons).

Either way, I kind of like Persona 1's system where you could talk to your enemy (and yes, there was an option to seduce some of them in game), and I figured a combat system like that would work.

For the Races...I've got to many to count, so here are all the ones I'm thinking of using so far as the playable characters:

-Human
-Drow
-Elf (High/Wood)
-Kitsune
-Zombie/Mummy
-Mermaid
-Slime Girl
-Harpy
-Siren
-Echidna
-Orc/Amazon
-Doll/Mannequin

For the sex, though...a little more shaky, as there will be reward, death, and Game Over sex screens either way, but I'm confused with which ones I should do:

-mini slideshow type thing for successes/failures
-sprite sex
-minigame (either balancing the person's pace for max Points on a time line, or button mashing to escape)

Do you guys like these ideas so far, and what else do you think I should do? I might have a couple of character designs done, if people want, but don't expect anything fancy...especially since this seems like it would work best on some sort of template system (because a sprite sheet would be more or less useless due to this math you can ignore:

As a note, it takes me about 20 min to make a sprite (on average) and 25 min (on average) for the template character, 15 for the outfits.

sprite system:
16 classes
x12 races
=192 different combinations

8 Walking
4 standing
1 "dead"
2 Attack
2 special
2 sex
+2 being sexed
=21 bare minimum sprites per combination

192 combinations
x 21 sprites
= 4032 sprites needed, just for the playable characters.
total time=1344 man hours, or 56 days

Template system:
16 classes would require 16 different outfits to be designed (240 min)
12 races need 12 character templates (300min)

Bare minimum is 28 different drawing would be needed, for about 540 min, so about 9 man hours total.

Sorry about the ranty nature of all this.
that man

Postby that man » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Okay then, I managed to redo the class system, and managed to come up with something a little better, and more complete, then the old one is, especially since it has a much more complete relationship to each class:

Bunny Girl-Maid-Personal Servant (Jack of All trades)
Prostitute-Performer-Dominatrix (Best at dealing damage and lust damage, but no magic)
Shrine Maiden-Priestess-Sacred Prostitute (Holy Magics)
Witch-Summoner-Succubus (Dark Magics)
Slave-Masochist-Sex Toy (Good at taking Damage, which causes the attacking enemy to take Lust and also keeps team safe)
Herbalist-Chemist-Alchemist (DOT, status effects)

Also, here are a couple of thing I drew for it:
-possible enemy designs

20150714_141625.jpg
A possible enemy design

Daemon Girl.jpg

-A possible world map

20150714_141714.jpg
The Map

Other then that, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I should probably just use RPG maker for this, but I'm not exactly sure how to implement sex then.
that man

Previous

Return to Discussion