CYOA Tales of Lona: 'Under the hood' thread

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: CYOA Tales of Lona: 'Under the hood' thread

Postby Omnimek » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:15 am

After getting the full job list (Which we may have) Should Mana run around to each employer to learn more about them or should we commit and hammer through one at a time?
Omnimek

Postby VintageBass » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:42 am

Omnimek Wrote:After getting the full job list (Which we may have) Should Mana run around to each employer to learn more about them or should we commit and hammer through one at a time?

I would think of going at it one at a time. At least get something done and out of the way, have some extra gold to save up and spend, and work towards the next. After all, we could exhaust ourselves running about and learning everything before taking things on. :P But it's kinda unlikely.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby m3rchant » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:18 am

Two questions:
First, and I think I already know the answer to this, but when the magical artifact demands that it's user please at least one of every kind of being before they can use it, is Mana aware that it didn't specify that they all had to be men? Also, if she is aware, would she be willing?
Second, although he\she\it (we never did decide, did we?) isn't exactly a new species, thanks to his\her\its new intelligence, would Nickey count as someone Mana will need to put on her 'to do' list?
If it exists, I have it for sale! If it doesn't exist, I probably have it for sale!
m3rchant

Postby Omnimek » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:52 am

m3rchant Wrote:Two questions:
First, and I think I already know the answer to this, but when the magical artifact demands that it's user please at least one of every kind of being before they can use it, is Mana aware that it didn't specify that they all had to be men? Also, if she is aware, would she be willing?
Second, although he\she\it (we never did decide, did we?) isn't exactly a new species, thanks to his\her\its new intelligence, would Nickey count as someone Mana will need to put on her 'to do' list?

Nicky doesn't count, if I remember from one of my earlier questions.
Omnimek

Postby VintageBass » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 am

Omnimek Wrote:
m3rchant Wrote:Second, although he\she\it (we never did decide, did we?) isn't exactly a new species, thanks to his\her\its new intelligence, would Nickey count as someone Mana will need to put on her 'to do' list?

Nicky doesn't count, if I remember from one of my earlier questions.

I don't remember seeing it, but if he isn't then it's likely he won't count. Sure he might help in the heat, but I dunno. Odds have to be in place for that to happen. Then again, as a slime, he doesn't have a set gender, even if we're defaulting to male pronouns (like I'm doing). Kinda hard to do something when you don't know what the creature is... but then again, that's what make slimes awesome. They're so malleable!

Nicky: *looks around in confusion, wondering just what is going to happen to him*
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Omnimek » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:44 am

Aww, I was hoping they were "reproductively opportunistic". Speaking of slimes since we heard at one point a mention of slimes and Ano it makes sense to ask him about how to deal with a slime infestation then do that job 2nd.
Omnimek

Postby Vhexo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:16 pm

If we want to do the slime job we should defininetly ask Ano for help.
Vhexo

Postby coyoteredmoon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:55 am

update ahoy!
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby VintageBass » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:12 am

And now begins the long wait until the next post, which should be good to discuss whether or not to go through with the job, discussing details on capturing the thief, or do something else.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby coyoteredmoon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:36 am

lol, yeah. Sorry that the weekend is such a long wait, but that's when i do the majority of my work. XD
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby Omnimek » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:35 am

I say we try to catch the thief, win or lose.

We know Neko are flexible, sneaky bu a bit on the weak side and with a real hormonal weakness. I'm guessing smearing some loot in a contact heat inducing medicine/ aphrodisiac near to a trapped toy or trapped Mana would be cost prohibitive.

Sticky trap ? Food with sleeping powder?...! Would there be a way to use slimes from the slime mission?

Stake out may be the best way.
Omnimek

Postby VintageBass » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:49 am

Omnimek Wrote:We know Neko are flexible, sneaky bu a bit on the weak side and with a real hormonal weakness. I'm guessing smearing some loot in a contact heat inducing medicine/ aphrodisiac near to a trapped toy or trapped Mana would be cost prohibitive.

Or get some cat nip, but that does risk getting Mana hooked on the stuff as well. On the one hand, it'll be somewhat an idea to have Mana pounce and deal with the thief via sex, since she can leave him alive, but I am going to guess things aren't going to end well if they don't do anything to slow him down. Having something to slow the thief is going to benefit in capturing him, either in Mana getting them or the owners do.

Omnimek Wrote:Sticky trap ? Food with sleeping powder?...! Would there be a way to use slimes from the slime mission?

I'm guessing that the slimes so far aren't that sticky if they don't leave a mess behind them. Considering that if Mana found any slime back at Ano's place, then she would have gone after the assistants. Plus not all slimes leave a trail, it's just how they are made sometimes.

Plus a bonus is always great, and if getting the thief horny enough to where they can't move and it leads to Mana checking Neko off her list, then I'm for that.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Vhexo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:53 pm

By the way, RM, is Lona the only place we'll be using? Or are there more lands?
Vhexo

Postby coyoteredmoon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:41 pm

I didnt plan on going any further than the boundaries of Lona, Mostly because inventing an entire world is a monstrous pain. XD
I quite routinely DM for dnd, and have attempted that endevour before. Shaping worlds is tough stuff.
coyoteredmoon

Postby Omnimek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:06 am

Should we get Mana some needful things for this mission? Some rope and or cuffs, a non fatal weapon like a whip perhaps?
Omnimek

Postby VintageBass » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:55 am

Omnimek Wrote:Should we get Mana some needful things for this mission? Some rope and or cuffs, a non fatal weapon like a whip perhaps?

If we can get prices, then possibly. I don't want to spend too much on stuff, wanting to keep above a certain range, even if we're getting paid to balance out our spending. Rather not be wasting all that gold on stuff for a one-time thing (excluding the whip), plus having a good amount can benefit if something goes wrong.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Omnimek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:58 am

VintageBass Wrote:
Omnimek Wrote:Should we get Mana some needful things for this mission? Some rope and or cuffs, a non fatal weapon like a whip perhaps?

If we can get prices, then possibly. I don't want to spend too much on stuff, wanting to keep above a certain range, even if we're getting paid to balance out our spending. Rather not be wasting all that gold on stuff for a one-time thing (excluding the whip), plus having a good amount can benefit if something goes wrong.

Well, even if its only for kinky funsies in the future or a chance for waiting out a heat by restraining yourself somewhere supervised and man free. Rope and cuffs are useful. I'm sure there will be other scared or initially hostile targets like Etim. The ability to settle someone down, have a friendly chat and or administer the fun tonics such as aphrodisiacs or the stretchy stuff.

The cost may be prohibitive, but I think of it as an investment in keeping Mana from failing.
Omnimek

Postby m3rchant » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:48 am

Yay, my computer's back!

One thing I don't think anyone is taking into consideration with the whip idea is that although such a weapon can be fun, actually hitting something other than yourself with it in the midst of combat is quite a feat. I suggest that when it's time to grab one, we make sure that the one selling it to us either shows Mana how to use it properly, or lets us have it at a discount. Then, as soon as we can, we should maybe get some target practice on the leaves of a tree on the outskirts of town. So in other words, I don't mind if she whips it... So long as she can whip it good.

Side note: Don't know if Mr. Redmoon is still taking suggestions on this subject, but if he is, something that could be added in the general skills, haggling.
If it exists, I have it for sale! If it doesn't exist, I probably have it for sale!
m3rchant

Postby Omnimek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:16 pm

On the topic of money, If Mana only does one each of those males on the list she only needs minimum four contraceptives so far. One for Neko, Human, Goblin, Elf. Other races don't count as humanoid. But I'm all for research on permanent answers.

On the topic of work, if the 'Mare' job is the same as it was for Heikya, Figuring if the well equipped Equiros is doable, comfortable to do without magic help and repeatable may be a good way to snag income, a place to sleep and a baby safe treatment for heat.

If the Equiros is too much, we may want to look into permanent ways to make the ride more fun and comfortable. Starting the basics of race research with Ano could let Mana know what to look for on the other adventures.
Omnimek

Postby coyoteredmoon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Update!

Also: haggling has been added to the character skills section :D
coyoteredmoon

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion