Art Critque

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Art Critque

Postby Jingzy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:29 am

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I didn't know where to post this but I was looking for some guidance. I sketched some files and wanted to know what i needed to do better. I drew them in photoshop so if there are any tricks or a process in which you find shading/sketching/line work easier or better and it doesn't look like i'm doing it, please tell me!
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
Jingzy

Re: Art Critque

Postby iswain » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:28 am

I suppose one of the bigger things you should start with is anatomy, when you shade you sort of rely on knowing the forms of the body.

You don't really know how to draw feet and I think hands which are a really common problem among starting artists, you need to work on the proportions of the hand as they are really small in relationship to the body.

With lineart, the best way to improve is to bite the bullet and try to do it in as few strokes possible and over time you will improve.

A way to cut down on time with blocking the colors out is to close off whatever you are colouring and use the magic wand tool to select everything outside it, then right click and click select inverse and fill it with the paint bucket tool so you don't have to worry about coloring inside the lines.

How did you make those cumstains by the way?
iswain

Postby Jingzy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:40 am

iswain Wrote:I suppose one of the bigger things you should start with is anatomy, when you shade you sort of rely on knowing the forms of the body.

You don't really know how to draw feet and I think hands which are a really common problem among starting artists, you need to work on the proportions of the hand as they are really small in relationship to the body.

With lineart, the best way to improve is to bite the bullet and try to do it in as few strokes possible and over time you will improve.

A way to cut down on time with blocking the colors out is to close off whatever you are colouring and use the magic wand tool to select everything outside it, then right click and click select inverse and fill it with the paint bucket tool so you don't have to worry about coloring inside the lines.

How did you make those cumstains by the way?

They're actually all hand drawn with "shape dynamics" turned on.
Jingzy

Postby inkhryptedQuery » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:34 pm

As a disclaimer, I'm not really mainly an artist, but I think you'd benefit a lot from minute anatomy structure. In the forearms and around the crotch area. Those are the main points that you need to lighten up your hard lines. There are a few more tips here, but I think those would be the next best step to work on

Good job.
inkhryptedQuery

Return to Tutorials