Advanced Animation Help

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Advanced Animation Help

Postby TheFriendlyGuy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Greetings good people!
Im new on this forum. so hello by the way!

Recently I saw some work of the talented creator of meet and fuck and i was truly astounded by way he makes his works look 3d like in flash.
This gave me inspiration to make my own game of which you guys will certainly hear about in the future aswell.(it will be something you havent seen before)

Anyway Im wondering if anyone here knows what techniques/programs/tools he uses to get the results he has, If he uses some sort of 3d tool in flash for example, or if he paints it in illustrator then exports it to flash. whatever information you have it will be useful to me.

I have tried multiple things to get the same amount of wobblyness he achieved, like: i tried to use the bone tool on my drawn penis, but the lines and everything became very clunky and overlapped eachother. I tried the distortion and envelope tool aswell but the image would become really weird and go inside out in the tween. And... Those are pretty much the only ways I know how to animate in flash basically.

As I told you before I started recently and I dont know alot about flash yet. And i had a hard time finding tutorials containing what i seek precisely. And thats why im hoping to find some answers on this promising forum. :)

So yea. as much information about how this works will be greatly appreciated by me, and if you can, dont skip out on any details! If you dont know everything, you can tell me what you do know! i would appreciate anything to put me on the right path! :mrgreen:

Here are some examples of what i mean btw (I hope it is allowed)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):
TheFriendlyGuy

Re: Advanced Animation Help

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:49 pm

I'd say stay with shapetweening. It allows you to use enveloping and distortions. You're problem with the outline is that it's a line. Your solution will be to make the outline an entire shape layered behind your base shape.. The best way to go about this is by converting it to a union. This allows you to treat it as a group but preserving the ability to distort, envelope and change color. Let me know if you need help how to unionize shapes, create outline shapes or any of the hooplah, i'll start a private skype with you and walk you through the process. I don't know how meet n fuck does their anims though. They look great though, lol.
Terrantor!!!

Postby TheFriendlyGuy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:I'd say stay with shapetweening. It allows you to use enveloping and distortions. You're problem with the outline is that it's a line. Your solution will be to make the outline an entire shape layered behind your base shape.. The best way to go about this is by converting it to a union. This allows you to treat it as a group but preserving the ability to distort, envelope and change color. Let me know if you need help how to unionize shapes, create outline shapes or any of the hooplah, i'll start a private skype with you and walk you through the process. I don't know how meet n fuck does their anims though. They look great though, lol.

I'd really appreciate a privateskype. I also think that he used 2 shapes, that it seems like its a line but actually is a slightly bigger shape behind it. Although converting it to an union or the best way to approach this is not known to me so I could definitely use some pointers. Should i pm you my skype?
TheFriendlyGuy

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:12 pm

TheFriendlyGuy Wrote: Should i pm you my skype?

... About that. You're just shy of getting to PM, so you might want to do get some posts in before you can send them.

However, you can receive them, so I'm sure it can still work either way!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby TheFriendlyGuy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:27 pm

I guess i could stroll around the forum a bit and post here and there. No problemso!
TheFriendlyGuy

Postby MegaPlayboy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:13 am

I don't know anything about animation, art, or drawing. But I would assume that the further back you go in the background,the more you should blur the display. A character in the foreground should be crisp in HD, something such as a bar/counter behind them should be slightly distorted, and something like a wall far in the back should be hard to see clearly. I'd also recommend adding slight bobbing animations to characters, a subtle up and down movement to add life. That's just my two cents though.
"Thank you Mega-playboy! You make us complete and we will love you forever!!"
MegaPlayboy

Postby TheFriendlyGuy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:05 am

MegaPlayboy Wrote:I don't know anything about animation, art, or drawing. But I would assume that the further back you go in the background,the more you should blur the display. A character in the foreground should be crisp in HD, something such as a bar/counter behind them should be slightly distorted, and something like a wall far in the back should be hard to see clearly. I'd also recommend adding slight bobbing animations to characters, a subtle up and down movement to add life. That's just my two cents though.

Thanks, Im sure your tips will come in handy in the future. 2 cents appreciated! :D
TheFriendlyGuy

Postby Digitally-Deviant » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:20 am

It's a mixture of frame-by-frame and tweening. It's simplicity, meaning lack of shading makes it easier to animate as hiding overlap is no problem. That animation is definitely not 3d, but does take a good amount of skill to do.
Digitally-Deviant

Postby TheFriendlyGuy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Ye thought so. Thanks mate!
TheFriendlyGuy

Return to Tutorials