Legend of Krystal AE (from G) - 1.02 ALPHA (ON HIATUS)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Legend of Krystal AE (from G) - 1.01 ALPHA (36 July 2014

Postby dark441 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:40 am

looking awesome hot^^
Now even a front view and it is perfect. 360 view
Fan<<<of your work and Gorepete
dark441

Re: Legend of Krystal AE (from G) - 1.01 ALPHA - 26 July 201

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 pm

dark441 Wrote:looking awesome hot^^
Now even a front view and it is perfect. 360 view

Well, a 'full 360' view is not expected (the game is not 3D), neither 'isometric 3d' (that is, 6 poses), but at least SIDE, BACK and FRONT are plenty possible and its on the way ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Re: Legend of Krystal AE (from G) - 1.01 ALPHA (206 July 201

Postby konamicode13 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Her backside so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Her hands are twisted around too far, the smaller fingers should be closer to the player. I know you're reusing the hand assets, so sorry if this isn't helpful. Also sorry about not really knowing how to quote pictures, if a mod or someone can fix this let me know and I will.
konamicode13

Re: Legend of Krystal AE (from G) - 1.01 ALPHA -23 July 2014

Postby VintageBass » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 pm

konamicode13 Wrote:
krystal backside so far.jpg

Her hands are twisted around too far, the smaller fingers should be closer to the player. I know you're reusing the hand assets, so sorry if this isn't helpful. Also sorry about not really knowing how to quote pictures, if a mod or someone can fix this let me know and I will.

... EGAD! That is TERRIFYING!

Also to answer your question, it'll be easy to do it if it wasn't an attachment. I'm not entirely sure about how to go about you quoting the picture, so that's all you can do. Sorry.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Re: Legend of Krystal AE (from G) - 1.01 ALPHA (206 July 201

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:52 pm

konamicode13 Wrote:

If you can pick up the image source (right click and say "view image" for most browsers), you can post an [img] link to the image in question.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 pm

konamicode13 Wrote:Her hands are twisted around too far

VintageBass Wrote:... EGAD! That is TERR.....

I always let the hands to be made in the end.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby VintageBass » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
konamicode13 Wrote:Her hands are twisted around too far

VintageBass Wrote:... EGAD! That is TERR.....

I always let the hands to be made in the end.

Then again her hands aren't the only things that are twisted in the back pose... her arms look like they're twisted as well. God that looks painful! >.<
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:46 am

Ok so I think I got some creativity to make HER FRONTSIDE FACE!

krystal backside so far2.jpg
krystal backside so far2.jpg (102.29 KiB) Viewed 2603 times

All energies were used.....time to rest.

VintageBass Wrote:Then again her hands aren't the only things that are twisted in the back pose... her arms look like they're twisted as well. God that looks painful! >.<

I've made / remade all hands.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby VintageBass » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:04 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
VintageBass Wrote:Then again her hands aren't the only things that are twisted in the back pose... her arms look like they're twisted as well. God that looks painful! >.<

Well from what I'm seeing, you don't have a back view of the hands. I'm just saying, there's no physical way to have the thumb like that from a back view.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:17 am

VintageBass Wrote:Well from what I'm seeing, you don't have a back view of the hands. I'm just saying, there's no physical way to have the thumb like that from a back view.

You're right. Well, the second hand from the second row 'suffits', I'll use it.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby el zilcho » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 am

I'll make a tenth post here then lol.

answers to questions in spoiler

Oh yes, the "export to frame 2, 3, or 'n' thing". It may work in both games. But for sure, PASTING entire assets in a given frame doesnt work when we have a huge game like MIM PUT. It crashes when saving, destroyng the save file too!

Depending on how your preloader is coded you shouldn't need the assets to be on any of the main frames.

Which file? Another FLA? An already compiled SWF?

By AS3 file I mean just that. one FLA and the files containing the Action script 3, I use Flash developer to code and Flash CC to compile and animate/etc.

Thank you! Well, google is not always my friend... There were some problems (even an old one regarding a front layer that could be moved to a background layer. I wasted almost an hour along 100+ pages of google with no avail. I ended up putting the same object in those two layers, making visible=true to one of them when the character is in front of it, and visible=true in the other if not.)

Yeah google can be full of both helpful things and straight up shit.

you can set an objects Z value when spawned, and put them in-front or behind other objects (parent.setChildIndex(childObject, i)) "i" being the Z index. moving layers them selves is not possible normally. a whole set of objects can be spawned in a container movie clip, you could change its Z index. This requires that your being aware of all your objects Z index. (symbol1.swapDepths(symbol2);) would switch one objects depth with another, (symbol1.swapDepths(_root.getNextHighestDepth());) would get the next highest depth. (symbol1.swapDepths(symbol2.getDepth()+1);) self explanatory.

I'm trying to finish university over a summer course that ends mid August so I'll be more active then, I kinda wanna get back into flash. I'm doing more design oriented stuff right now.
el zilcho

Postby Asion » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:22 pm

First of all, congratulations for your work so far and good luck with your future work.
I read the previous post and I found a lot of good ideas, but I do not understand why no one think a wider selection of jobs.
The five origins are well built and goods, but if we're planning (or so I interpreted your words) to expand the playing field, it could be new jobs as well the village construction and development, teaching of dinosaurs farm works, and the wolves are supposed to play a greater role ensured.
If I wrote something stupid or obvious then I apologize, I'm new here.
Asion

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Ok so I think I got some creativity to make HER FRONTSIDE FACE!

krystal backside so far2.jpg

All energies were used.....time to rest.

She looks very good but may be add some blue part on her front face to look her more like

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 00_yuo.jpg

And may be to try to make it not as paper white but a little more darker white :mrgreen: ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 pm

To add to what succuby said, I'd also rotate the eyes a bit, they look too slanted as they are in her head right now.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 pm

el zilcho Wrote:Depending on how your preloader is coded you shouldn't need the assets to be on any of the main frames.

I really dont know how to do this :/

el zilcho Wrote:By AS3 file I mean just that. one FLA and the files containing the Action script 3, I use Flash developer to code and Flash CC to compile and animate/etc.

Oh okay.... the .AS files (in general).

el zilcho Wrote:Yeah google can be full of both helpful things and straight up shit.

Yes :/ We're in an era that google is not always your friend, mostly with specific problems. You just cant find them, or if you do, it's a 'heck' of harder.

el zilcho Wrote:you can set an objects Z value when spawned, and put them in-front or behind other objects (parent.setChildIndex(childObject, i)) "i" being the Z index.

Yes, just like swapDepths in AS2? But in regard to AS2, we have to use getDepth of this MC first, then use swapDepths with the character.

el zilcho Wrote:Moving layers them selves is not possible normally. a whole set of objects can be spawned in a container movie clip, you could change its Z index.

Yes, provided they are all in the smeae layer, right?

el zilcho Wrote:I'm trying to finish university over a summer course that ends mid August so I'll be more active then, I kinda wanna get back into flash. I'm doing more design oriented stuff right now.

Great! Thank you!

Asion Wrote:First of all, congratulations for your work so far and good luck with your future work. I read the previous post and I found a lot of good ideas, but I do not understand why no one think a wider selection of jobs. The five origins are well built and goods, but if we're planning (or so I interpreted your words) to expand the playing field, it could be new jobs as well the village construction and development, teaching of dinosaurs farm works, and the wolves are supposed to play a greater role ensured.

Possible, but I just have to be careful about the 'stats' (charisma, temperment) yet, otherwise it can wreak havoc. The original developer (Gorepete) uses a 'array' system of events, like:
Code: Select All Code
inc1 = Math.round((jobStats[dayJob][1] * (1 + (charStats[2][9] / 300))) * 100) / 100;
inc2 = Math.round((jobStats[dayJob][3] * (1 + (charStats[2][9] / 300))) * 100) / 100;
dec1 = Math.round((jobStats[dayJob][5] * (1 - (charStats[2][9] / 300))) * 100) / 100;

So I dont want to break them. But we can get new jobs in no time if things get better over time (better code, more time)...

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:She looks very good but may be add some blue part on her front face to look her more like...

Ok i'll check that.

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:And may be to try to make it not as paper white but a little more darker white :mrgreen: ?

Well, white is pure, clean, it reminds 'clouds' and other clean things ;)

trunks2585 Wrote:To add to what succuby said, I'd also rotate the eyes a bit, they look too slanted as they are in her head right now.

Ok I'll make a comparison (side to side) when I make her soon.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 pm

How about now?

krystal faces.jpg
krystal faces.jpg (70.48 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Bartangelus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Isn't her furr on her cheeks a little bit to long in front side?

I think she looks less "noble" and nostalgic like that.

Hard to explain.

But very good work still.
Bad english spotted !

~~ Creative corner's flash project are awesome ~~
Bartangelus

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Krystal from SF:Assault

Krystal from SF:Adventure

Her chin is a little bit more defined, and the fur at the sides of her face isn't so fluffy. The fur at the sides of her face also transition smoothly into the base of her ears.
Zeus Kabob

Postby VintageBass » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Krystal from SF:Assault

Her chin is a little bit more defined, and the fur at the sides of her face isn't so fluffy. The fur at the sides of her face also transition smoothly into the base of her ears.

Approved of the first image so much, and also she looks more confident there as well. That isn't to say she isn't that in the second one... I just don't like the outfit all so much :/ Also, it's weird that the backside model doesn't have the drape covering her crotch.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:48 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:How about now?

krystal faces.jpg

The new face looks amazing! I like the one on the left better.
MPLDAM9919

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects