Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.8.1 [Update 7/1/14]

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 pm

pudding Wrote:So how does one get pregnant? just harvest male monsters? and how do we know we're preggers ?

If you "breed a monster with itself" (put it in both slots of the breeding menu), the monster will breed with you instead. Pregnancy chance with male monsters in this mode is half as high as standard pregnancy chance (7%), so it takes a good number of tries until it works. When you're successfully impregnated, the game gives a dialogue showing it and the player gets a tummy bulge for a short time (5 days or so, IIRC). The pregnancy mechanic is pretty much my favorite thing from this game. c:
Zeus Kabob

Postby pudding » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:
pudding Wrote:So how does one get pregnant? just harvest male monsters? and how do we know we're preggers ?

If you "breed a monster with itself" (put it in both slots of the breeding menu), the monster will breed with you instead. Pregnancy chance with male monsters in this mode is half as high as standard pregnancy chance (7%), so it takes a good number of tries until it works. When you're successfully impregnated, the game gives a dialogue showing it and the player gets a tummy bulge for a short time (5 days or so, IIRC). The pregnancy mechanic is pretty much my favorite thing from this game. c:

alright, thank you very much =D
pudding
Newly Registered

Postby k12314 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:11 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:
k12314 Wrote:Exactly! My whole idea of "corruption through divine means" could actually add depth to both sides of this whole debacle. Think about it: The government is corrupt, yes, but they're still fighting against the breeding and such because it is corrupting the human race. Whether they know or not, by trying to get rid of monsters and breeding, they could be helping people. And breeders, despite being honest working folks, are creating more monsters and spreading corruption unbeknownst to them. It adds more layers of depth to the story along with your ideas of both Breeders and the Govt. doing good and bad things.

For sure. This level of ambiguity could add a lot to the plot, and could leave the player wondering. I'm interested to see what H-bomb chooses to do with the story.

As am I. I feel like in the future H-Bomb will probably put something like the corruption/morality idea on the table. But only time will tell.
k12314
Newly Registered

Postby Free-kill » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 pm

FurrinGok Wrote:
Free-kill Wrote:Liking the game so far and looking forward to seeing where it goes... I think a 'save to/load from file' option would be real nice, though; if you're someone who clears your browser history a lot, like myself, it's irritating to have to start from scratch every time. Other than that, the game seems to be coming along nicely.

Always gotta wonder, what's so difficult about downloading the game so that your savefile is independant from your browser cache?

Doesn't work; you can download the swf and play it in a flashbox, but it still saves games as cookies unless there's a way to make it do otherwise.
Free-kill
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Free-kill Wrote:Doesn't work; you can download the swf and play it in a flashbox, but it still saves games as cookies unless there's a way to make it do otherwise.

I haven't messed with Flash Projector very much, but IIRC Adobe makes a default Flash Projector save location that is independent from your browser's cookie cache. The file format is exactly the same, and probably takes the form of a sort of cookie, but Flash Projector shouldn't save its files into your browser's private memory area.
Zeus Kabob

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:58 am

k12314 Wrote:
Zeus Kabob Wrote:
k12314 Wrote:I've read the dialogue. So far I haven't seen much about WHY monsters are there. Just, they showed up, people tried fending them off, the guild leader lady (can't remember her name) fucked a load of them despite it being illegal, and then it became not only legal, but a big business. I've always imagined there's some sort of divine involvement. Like, perhaps some God/Goddess of Chaos who planted the monsters on the planet for one of two purposes: Kill humans, or corrupt humans. And having sex with them corrupts you. Something along the lines of that. So you can choose to sex up the monsters to harvest them, or use tools (sex toys) to harvest them without corrupting yourself. I dunno, I know it's just a sex game, but there's a chance for it to have depth. I like seeing games have depth to them.

'Course the depth can come in with the conflict between monster breeders and the regressive government. The breeders are producing materials, livestock, and livelihood, whereas the government is trying to squelch the breeding profession. The depth of the story could be generated by exploring this subplot thoroughly, including the history of the government's involvement with monster breeding (there could be extensive crossbreeding projects, genetic mutation experimentation, or other such themes). I agree with you in that I want the story to develop, but the game still has that potential along the current story arc.

Exactly! My whole idea of "corruption through divine means" could actually add depth to both sides of this whole debacle. Think about it: The government is corrupt, yes, but they're still fighting against the breeding and such because it is corrupting the human race. Whether they know or not, by trying to get rid of monsters and breeding, they could be helping people. And breeders, despite being honest working folks, are creating more monsters and spreading corruption unbeknownst to them. It adds more layers of depth to the story along with your ideas of both Breeders and the Govt. doing good and bad things.

I actually do have much of the plot and back-story fleshed out already but most of it has yet to make it into the game. A lot of it I haven't been sharing because SPOILERS :P. If you ask Cordelia about monsters she briefly mentions that they were created by the goddess of chaos in response to the goddess of order taking over the world.

I am pretty adamant that the tone of the game remain lighthearted and silly but the basic themes have been in place since the beginning. I am the kind of person who enjoys goofy things that are nevertheless loaded with fun symbolism and have an over-arching message even if the message isn't necessarily very deep or profound.

The story is about balance. The empire are aligned with the goddess of order and represent stamping out and repressing your desires, the ferals and the elves are aligned with the goddess of chaos and represent giving into your desires completely regardless of the consequences, Lily and the breeder's guild are the balance between that; they try to take their desires and use them constructively/pragmatically.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby musical74 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:30 am

I like that it's goofy and funny, honestly!

A few suggestions if you can work them in. Since meeting Delilah's demands get harder each time, if you fail to pay a month instead of *you lose, want to play anyway?* have Delilah demand a monster from you or something that goes against her belief. Since she's apparently sexually repressed, it might make it funnier that way. I do like that you have made it MUCH easier to get the initial 1000 though, earlier builds it was *UGH* trying to get it to work! A second suggestion is have visitors after more than the first week. You get a rush the first week then after about 1/8 or so you almost never get anyone (outside of horny monsters). Would it be possible to have the various people from the town visit from time to time? It would break up the monotony a bit.

I do LOVE what you are doing with the game though! It kind of reminds me of Harvest Moon, breeding style!
musical74

Postby Free-kill » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:39 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:I haven't messed with Flash Projector very much, but IIRC Adobe makes a default Flash Projector save location that is independent from your browser's cookie cache. The file format is exactly the same, and probably takes the form of a sort of cookie, but Flash Projector shouldn't save its files into your browser's private memory area.

Far as I can tell, Adobe saves as plain text files just like cookies in the browser's default cache location, and there's no way to designate a new location. 'Course, that could just be this bug-addled machine that I'm on. Either way, my save files keep getting erased and now I have to start from scratch again... and I was doing so well this time. :|
Free-kill
Newly Registered

Postby k12314 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 am

Hartista Pipebomb Wrote:I actually do have much of the plot and back-story fleshed out already but most of it has yet to make it into the game. A lot of it I haven't been sharing because SPOILERS :P. If you ask Cordelia about monsters she briefly mentions that they were created by the goddess of chaos in response to the goddess of order taking over the world.

I am pretty adamant that the tone of the game remain lighthearted and silly but the basic themes have been in place since the beginning. I am the kind of person who enjoys goofy things that are nevertheless loaded with fun symbolism and have an over-arching message even if the message isn't necessarily very deep or profound.

The story is about balance. The empire are aligned with the goddess of order and represent stamping out and repressing your desires, the ferals and the elves are aligned with the goddess of chaos and represent giving into your desires completely regardless of the consequences, Lily and the breeder's guild are the balance between that; they try to take their desires and use them constructively/pragmatically.

Very interesting. I'm just hoping we see opportunities to pick sides, in a way. After playing the game for a bit I've developed this whole idea of the whole "Goddess of Chaos having an ulterior motive for this" thing, and the other ideas sort of rolled into place. I'd love to be able to choose to do things to assist the Empire, or the Ferals, or just do your own thing. It could remain lighthearted but kind of have that serious undertone you pick up on if you pay attention to dialogue and the effects of your actions. Not trying to tell you how to do your job, just tossing my ideas out in the air I suppose.
k12314
Newly Registered

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.9 [Update 7/28/14]

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 pm

got a bug with the stable, I've got an horse and I cannot click on the horse or any other place I click I thought the doors would make it work but nothing I can only click on the exit spot, in the new version 5.1
FloraMeriadoc

Postby Silverous » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Well... I just won the game... Unfortunately, winning the game makes it so you can essentially no longer continue playing.

I got the "A winner is you" page (Ha ha), which I could not click out of, meaning I had to turn the game off. No option to save of course.

I lost 5 Max Breeding Mod Kittengirls because of that. That REALLY sucks.

I mean... Once you've gotten to the end, the game is basically unplayable. I saved at the beginning of the month before I payed off the debt, which means I only have one month of play time that I can play in. Heck, if I save right before the day I pay the last of the debt, that would mean I'd only have the option to keep playing the same day over and over again, unless I wanted to start a new game and throw away all the work I just put in.

Also, it's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO WIN THE GAME. If you don't sell any monsters to clients, the townspeople apparently chip in to give you craptons of money that are just enough to almost always pay off your monthly dues.

It would be really nice if you could... Y'know... Keep playing the game after you completed it instead of getting locked out.

Sorry, that just really pissed me off after putting in all the work I put in.
Silverous
Newly Registered

Postby Blackfist » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:02 am

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the game and was wondering if there was a resource or something for players like me to learn how to play. The clients are difficult, and it's hard to have enough money in time to progress.
Blackfist
Newly Registered

Postby TiyV » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Hey if you guys are into Roleplaying. Friend started a Breeding season, still working stuff out but it is fun. We would love to have more people so please check it out if it sound like something you'd be into. http://breedingseasonroleplay.blogspot.com/
TiyV
Newly Registered

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Silverous Wrote:Well... I just won the game... Unfortunately, winning the game makes it so you can essentially no longer continue playing.

I got the "A winner is you" page (Ha ha), which I could not click out of, meaning I had to turn the game off. No option to save of course.

I lost 5 Max Breeding Mod Kittengirls because of that. That REALLY sucks.

I mean... Once you've gotten to the end, the game is basically unplayable. I saved at the beginning of the month before I payed off the debt, which means I only have one month of play time that I can play in. Heck, if I save right before the day I pay the last of the debt, that would mean I'd only have the option to keep playing the same day over and over again, unless I wanted to start a new game and throw away all the work I just put in.

Also, it's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO WIN THE GAME. If you don't sell any monsters to clients, the townspeople apparently chip in to give you craptons of money that are just enough to almost always pay off your monthly dues.

It would be really nice if you could... Y'know... Keep playing the game after you completed it instead of getting locked out.

Sorry, that just really pissed me off after putting in all the work I put in.

your main info of this game lies in the title: ALPHA version, it's not even in Beta version,

it's just a temporary ending game what you saw, the creators work hard on this game so be patient

each member have a lot of work to do many animations are left to do, all monsters will get it's new look and the

rest of the game will need as well to be completed for one expamle the story, it's not yet completed

P.S H-Bomb, I hope that you saw my PM about helping you with the story, if you still look for one person, I'm pretty sure

I can help as long as I have all the text that already exist in the game, I think it's best to keep the text with your idea

and not coming up with a new text idea, PM me what you have so far and I will start from there
FloraMeriadoc

Postby temporaryusername » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:49 am

Being fed up with constantly losing my flash save games, I decided to do something about it. As long as the game creators don't change the default *breeding*.sol save game, this script will work.

How it works: it searches for flash save game files that are named as said previously, asks the user which of the flash save games he/she wants to save from cache removal and based on that creates a new file called save_gamefile.bat. Run that file and it will create a copy of the save game you previously selected in the directory where the .bat file was created. Every time afterwards if the file is run, it will try to create the directory which the save game was in (cache removal removes the directories too), synchronizes the save games and creates a backup of the previous file. If you removed the cache, all you have to do is run the save_gamefile.bat again and it will move the copy back to the cache so you can load the game. The newest file takes priority, so if you already created a new game after a cache wipe, the script copies the new game over your old save and your old save will only exist as an "OLD..." backup file in the directory. To use your old save file, you need to remove the new sol file, rename the backup file so that the file name is the same as the removed sol file and clear your cache. Run the script again and it will copy your old save game file to the cache. The backup files are named based on date and time.

Code: Select All Code
@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
CLS
:BEGIN
IF EXIST save_gamefile.bat GOTO ERROR0
SET current_directory=!cd!
SET /A COUNT=0
ECHO Found the following save game files:
ECHO.
FOR /R "%APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\" %%a IN (*breeding*.sol) DO (
SET /A COUNT+=1
ECHO !COUNT!: %%a >> tmp.txt
ECHO. >> tmp.txt
)

TYPE tmp.txt
SET /P INPUT=Please enter the number of the file you wish to save: %=%
IF "%INPUT%"=="" GOTO ERROR1
SET FILE=FINDSTR "%INPUT%: " tmp.txt

FOR /F "tokens=* delims=%INPUT%: " %%f IN (tmp.txt) DO (
SET filename=%%f
IF "!filename:~1,2!"==":\" (

FOR %%F IN ("!filename!") DO (
SET path_to_savegame=%%~dpF
)
FOR %%F IN ("!filename!") DO (
SET savegame=%%~nxF
)

ECHO Creating save_gamefile.bat, which you can run to save the game
ECHO @ECHO ON >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO. >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO SET hour=%%time:~0,2%% >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO IF "%%hour:~0,1%%" equ " " SET hour=0%%hour:~1,1%% >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO MKDIR "!path_to_savegame!" >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO COPY "!current_directory!\!savegame!" "!current_directory!\OLD_%%date:~6,3%%%%date:~-10,3%%%%date:~-4,4%%_%%hour%%%%time:~3,2%%.sol" >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO XCOPY /D /C /Y "!current_directory!\!savegame!" "!filename:~0,-1!*" >> save_gamefile.bat
ECHO XCOPY /D /C /Y "!filename:~0,-1!" "!current_directory!\!savegame!*" >> save_gamefile.bat

ECHO Creating done, try to run !current_directory!\save_gamefile.bat
)

)

GOTO END

:ERROR0
SET /P INPUT=File already exists, remove and create a new version (yes/no)? %=%

IF "%INPUT%"=="y" (
DEL /F /Q save_gamefile.bat
GOTO BEGIN
)
IF "%INPUT%"=="yes" (
DEL /F /Q save_gamefile.bat
GOTO BEGIN
)
IF "%INPUT%"=="no" (
GOTO END
)
IF "%INPUT%"=="n" (
GOTO END
)
IF "%INPUT%"=="" (
ECHO "No input, assuming no."
GOTO END
)

:ERROR1
ECHO Error, file or number does not exist, restarting...
ECHO.
GOTO BEGIN

:END
ECHO Exiting...
DEL tmp.txt
PAUSE

To use this batch file, you need to select all text in the CODE section above (just click SELECT ALL), copy it, open a text-editor like notepad (press Windows key and r at the same time, type notepad, press enter), paste the code in and save it as something like script.bat in the directory you want to store your save games. Be sure that there's no .txt at the end of the file name, otherwise it won't run. Open the file and everything should be clear from there. I tested it on 2 operating systems as well as online and locally saved versions of the game. It should work on both the SWF and the EXE, but I haven't tested that yet. I didn't test AM/PM time notation either, so people who use that might have problems.
temporaryusername
Newly Registered

Postby tintin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 pm

There is a bug in the game that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I think it has been there for many versions. It is still in place in 4.9.
The Catgirl sqirt. gives you one extra potion that the mosnter can quaff, but at the same time it uses one potion slot. This makes the potion totally useless.
tintin
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Not a bug, working as designed. It just looks pointless for now.
kvier

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.0.1 [Update 8/25/14]

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 am

Alpha Build 5.0.1 just added.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Danteftw » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:52 pm

I don't mean any disrespect but the old models of the game looked way better then these curent ones so my advice is you keep it simple mate + the game is really laggy at times wich bothers me alot
Danteftw

Postby FurrinGok » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Danteftw Wrote:I don't mean any disrespect but the old models of the game looked way better then these curent ones so my advice is you keep it simple mate + the game is really laggy at times wich bothers me alot

We can only hope that once ferals are fixed, that they have an option for always-feral. Feral models will be the old ones, after all.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects