Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby FurrinGok » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 pm

corta Wrote:SO LET'S HEAR THOSE WHACKY GUESSES

Uhhh.... Cloyster? Ghastly? Vileplume? Clefairy? Dewgong?
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Biles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 pm

corta Wrote:
Biles Wrote: Also, maybe the elbow should somehow be bent below the arm, or in any position that doesn't put itself behind the back. Looks awesome so far.

talkin about the heavy pistol animation, right?

No, not the handgun types, the rifle ones that require both hands and arms.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Myuu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 am

Ditto.

Technically, I'm not wrong!
Myuu

Postby corta » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:22 pm

haia
took WAY ages, but.. well.

doctor jekyll hyde-rah .. shutup.png

HYDRALISK HUNTER-KILLER (I know, I know.. but I did some research and it's legit.)
I've kinda been forcing myself to get this done for the last few days.. but, the worst part is all the bits that are missing/wrong.. :cry:
the red-fleshy bits on the head and arms came out all goofy-lookin' but I'll try again if I get yelled at :oops:
and his belly is exactly the same as before.. that got messy. ..same deal, I guess..

on the game front: internal debates continue over turn-based vs real-time.. but that's boring and nobody should care until the next prototype is ready

ObsidianVoid Wrote:

Ditto.

Technically, I'm not wrong!

I must have missed that episode. :lol:

Biles Wrote:
corta Wrote:
Biles Wrote: Also, maybe the elbow should somehow be bent below the arm, or in any position that doesn't put itself behind the back. Looks awesome so far.

talkin about the heavy pistol animation, right?

No, not the handgun types, the rifle ones that require both hands and arms.

without skewing the shapes, that's where the elbows needed to be for the motion to work with the direction.
I'll have a little play around, but unless it looks HEAPS better, I'd rather not have to re-animate everything that's based on that stance.. :(

FurrinGok Wrote:

Uhhh.... Cloyster? Ghastly? Vileplume? Clefairy? Dewgong?

partial credit for cloyster.

konamicode13 Wrote:I really hate to nitpick, but the rifle and shotgun positions are very wrong. The guns should be braced on the shoulder, putting, the scopes at eye level. Right now she's sighting through her shoulder.

all the shapes are all over the place, so I went for a happy medium.
with more details to it, those 'nitpicks' become nasty clipping.
also, she looks like doomguy when I bend her wrists like that. (possibly a feature)

same deal, I'll try.
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - "shootyguns" prototype.

Postby Myuu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 pm

corta Wrote:HYDRALISK HUNTER-KILLER (I know, I know.. but I did some research and it's legit.)
I've kinda been forcing myself to get this done for the last few days.. but, the worst part is all the bits that are missing/wrong.. :cry:
the red-fleshy bits on the head and arms came out all goofy-lookin' but I'll try again if I get yelled at :oops:
and his belly is exactly the same as before.. that got messy. ..same deal, I guess..

When in doubt, improvise! You done good, Corta~

Push it to the limit at your own will, tho. 's long as I get bigger baddies, I'm happy~
Myuu

Postby sinhunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Perhaps you can add a skill tree later as a way for players to improve their character the way they want to upgrade them.

Such as....

For improving melee Tree
- melee hits harder
- faster hit speed
- better damage resistance for HP

For range tree
- better accuracy (aka improve gun range)

For Sex tree
- better resistance to damage when having sex or being raped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also since the character can be raped a lot there should be a risk that the character can become pregnant but have some limit to how the character can become pregnant such as...
- Only become pregnant when HP reach 0 so when the character wakes up from the 0 HP she feels funny as a sign she is pregnant.... (would prefer this method since it would allow players to obtain different endings if multiple endings are planned)
or
- base impregnation on a percent chance to happen so if she hits that percent chance of becoming pregnant she will fell funny.... (% chance are often risky since RNG only favors the fotunate)

then the concept of how the pregnancy will progress until the character gives birth either by...

-time frame such as around 15 to 20 minutes of play time the character will see the pregnancy progress until she starts giving birth to her baby.
or
-how many game overs before the pregnancy reach max and the character gives birth to her baby.
or
-rest waiting time where the character can go into a bed and wait until she has given birth.

OR

-Go with 2 or all 3 methods for the Character becoming Pregnant. For example, if the Character HP reach 0 they will become pregnant and given a choice to continue where they are or be brought back into town and wake up in a bed they can interact with where they can choose to rest and wait out the pregnancy until the character gives birth to avoid the negative effects of Pregnancy. If the character chosen to continue where they are raped the character will suffer continuing with a certain amount of HP and from Pregnancy, facing the negative effects that goes with pregnancy. The longer the character continues without waiting in a rest spot for the pregnency to finish the farther their pregnancy will develop through time until they start giving birth once a certain amount of time passes (such as the 15 to 20 minute time limit). Another way the character can give birth if they chosen to continue where they were raped is if their HP reach 0 again a certain amount of time (maybe 2 or 3 time for HP reaching 0) they would pass out for a bit and wake up on the time when they give birth.

There is also a concept of a negative effect for the character being pregnant until she has given brith being either...
- slower moving ability being due to her being pregnant the character will find it difficult to run or move fast.
or
- stopping issues since she is pregnant she may feel dizzy once a while until she has given birth so she will stop for a bit which makes her vulnerable to attacks.
or
- crouching issue caused by pregnancy since she can't bend down due to her pregnancy until she has given birth.

As to how to determine what the character give birth it best to limit it to specifics such as...
- if impregnated by Zerg type enemy the character will give birth to a Zerg Larva
- if impregnated by a metroid the character will give birth to a mini Metroid
- if impregnated by space pirate the character gives birth to a mini space pirate
- if impregnated by Ridley the character gives birth to a mini Ridley.

You could provide a menu slot that shows what type of creature the character given birth to or a small build in town where you keep all the creatures the character given birth to as the games little mini collecting system and a orphanage for characters to remove the mini baby creatures they don't want. You may even be able to provide some special endings for characters that have given birth to a certain amount of mini creatures or kept and collected a certain type of mini creatures such as a all zerg collection can give a Zerg Queen Ending for the complete game.

(PS Sorry for the big post but after play the the game and trying to break it many times in every way I could think of as a way to test how well the game currently handles the impregnation system appeared in my mind due to how the character status is affect by how she is handled through killing the enemy, having sex with them, or being raped by them and how the character can be raped many times but suffer no effect consequence. )
sinhunter

Postby Myuu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 pm

sinhunter Wrote:Perhaps you can add a skill tree later as a way for players to improve their character the way they want to upgrade them.

Also since the character can be raped a lot there should be a risk that the character can become pregnant..

Hold your horses, Macbeth! o(-`д´- 。)

I'd love to see this as much as the next user, but I'd prefer we spit 'n polish everything else before jumping on the mechanics wagon. We need to thicken the pillars of the splatformer before penetrating the horizon of new ideas! THEN we can worry about sowing the seeds of mechanics and arguably having those seeds penetrate our horizons themselves with their own pillars maybe.
Myuu

Postby sinhunter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:41 am

ObsidianVoid Wrote:
sinhunter Wrote:Perhaps you can add a skill tree later as a way for players to improve their character the way they want to upgrade them.

Also since the character can be raped a lot there should be a risk that the character can become pregnant..

Hold your horses, Macbeth! o(-`д´- 。)

I'd love to see this as much as the next user, but I'd prefer we spit 'n polish everything else before jumping on the mechanics wagon. We need to thicken the pillars of the splatformer before penetrating the horizon of new ideas! THEN we can worry about sowing the seeds of mechanics and arguably having those seeds penetrate our horizons themselves with their own pillars maybe.

I know but it just a possible Game Over idea I thought up while playing the current version and seeing Corta is adding in a HP system.

A unique way for a game over that doesn't make players lose their progress when they hit 0 HP but instead punish the player in 2 ways by making the character become Pregnant instead then having to choose between the 1st punishment being returning to Town and use the Bed to let the Pregnancy pass by and give birth in town so the character doesn't suffer from Negative Effects of Pregnancy or the 2nd punishment being the character can continue where they are currently raped and suffer through the negative effects of Pregnancy until the player gives birth through the time limit it takes for birth to happen, getting more Game Overs (which can happen more often if they player can't handle the negative effects), or finding a resting spot to wait out the pregnancy.

On the note about Rest Spots, the game currently has a place outside of town that can serve as a testing Rest Spot being Ridley's room in the Pirate Space Ship after you defeat Ridley. It would be a good spot to test out rest spots outside of the Town Rest Bed. Rest Points can serve as the game's Checkpoints so if players hit 0 HP they can continue from where they were raped, or continue from last checkpoint/return to town.

If the game continues to add new areas beyond the reach of the current town of this game then new Checkpoints would benefit the game by given the game more room to expand beyond current area in current version such as adding a new town or rest spots so players don't lose too much progress when loading from a saved file. Rest spots can also help restore HP back to full like basic Checkpoint/Save spots.

Though a rest spot located outside of town should have a risk factor as well since the character is resting outside of a town safety such as if the character rest in a Rest spot outside of Town they have a random chance to be raped while resting outside of town and if the character is not pregnant the event may cause the character to become pregnant and they suffer from pregnancy effect so they have a choice to wait out the pregnancy or continue.
Last edited by sinhunter on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinhunter

Postby pizzaparty2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:05 am

Does the voice sound (Multiple Choice Voice List) in the Splatformer not work? because i choose a voice then choose the always on and it doesn't seem to work.
pizzaparty2
Newly Registered

Postby sinhunter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:13 am

pizzaparty2 Wrote:Does the voice sound (Multiple Choice Voice List) in the Splatformer not work? because i choose a voice then choose the always on and it doesn't seem to work.

I believe the current version does not have the Voice function working yet.

We may have to wait until the game is updated which won't be happening until Corta gets the new combat system and Zerg area finished.
sinhunter

Postby corta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:50 am

bangbangbangbangbang.png

hopefully, this is the last thing that needs to be done before the game-making can start.
whee!

voice dun wurk

whoopsie doopsie, forgot that I changed that code around..
I'm on it.

pizzaparty2 Wrote:i choose a voice then choose the always on and it doesn't seem to work.

the % buttons actually toggle how often you'll hear lines with words in them instead of their regular 'noises'.
"talkative" probably isn't the best word to describe it with, and you can't say "verbose" when you're not wearing glasses..

way ahead of you.
leveling progression was the idea that the whole new combat system was based around.

there's gonna be two major stats: body and skill

every level in body gives you health, better resist strength (for 'wiggle around heaps' escapes), stamina, melee force+damage and better run/jump.
and putting levels in skill gives you better ranged damage/force, better reload times and armor penetration. (yeah, enemies are actually getting stats now.)
both stats will be put together for things like 'harvesting' an enemy to regain health.
there's gonna be a corruption stat, too, that lets you engage on bigger enemies and do other important stuff. (this is a plot-related skill, so you wont be leveling it yourself)

also, perks are unlocked at certain levels or when picking certain classes.
for Body, you'll be able to hold two weapons and can use melee weapons, then later learn how to use 2 handed weapons.
for skill, there's a rate of fire bonus perk, and later you'll get to use dual weapons.

there's also shields, which isn't just bonus health.
shield packs are bought and are the only naturally regenerating health.
when you get hit with shields up, nothing happens. you take damage and that's it.
when you get hit without them up, though.. you can be knocked around and enemies are able to 'grapple' you.
you'll get health back for collecting seed, but it's still game over at 0 health and you'll choose either to respawn in a safe place (costs a little bit of cash andyou'll have to start the stage again) or respawn where you are (at the cost of cash and level progress)

also, might have some sort of armor item that changes how much damage you take to health, but not shields.

I think that's a better system than having classic 'armor' items that you put on for bonuses. (easier, too.)

sinhunter Wrote:becoming Pregnant

I've said it before, that's not gonna happen.
it's neither a fetish that I own, nor something that I want to draw for the HUNDRED-BAJILLION pieces of clothing that cover the belly. (alright, it's still heaps with body, accessory, and leg-cross layers)

ObsidianVoid Wrote:'s long as I get bigger baddies, I'm happy~

;)
corta

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:56 am

ObsidianVoid Wrote:'s long as I get bigger baddies, I'm happy~

Zeus Kabob

Postby Myuu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:34 am

Imagehttp://img.fark.net/images/cache/850/s/s4/fark_s4T5TkS07LT7bw009WSwUwuElDQ.jpg?t=QjgH8pRJUQpJvOU6XCrzNA&f=1410148800
Myuu

Postby napala » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:09 pm

corta Wrote:

*Awesome game mechanics*

sinhunter Wrote:becoming Pregnant

Hell naw.

And that's why we all love you, Corta.

Oh, and btw, another thing is broken with the game, go to gallery, exit, and voilá; the screen is zoomed in and the game is rendered unplayable.
Good thing I downloaded the previous version.
napala

Postby corta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

some stuff got done with my day off, yay! :D

melee attacks and bang-bangy guns.
(some fx missing, still.. I'll get 'em tomorrow)

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

swarmLivePrototype.swf [ 2.82 MiB | Viewed 5146 times ]

few more ditties, a template upload and a splatformer patch and I'll be ready to start building some levels. :mrgreen:

Apalapan Wrote:And that's why we all love you, Corta.

:3

Apalapan Wrote:another thing is broken with the game

WE MUST MOVE FORWARD .. is what I -should- be saying..
just about got the template out of 'wuh-oh' mode, so you'll get all the fixes I can remember and awl'dah new dames soon. ;)

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Image

kyipten.jpg
kyipten.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 5146 times
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - "BxR" prototype.

Postby Nanospliccer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:53 pm

I've got an idea (I just know you instantly love me *sarcasm*)
We could please the pregnant people (heh) and the non-preg peeps with a single, relatively simple addition: infection.
As the player got raped more and more, they could get an infection or infestation. This would start small, but evolve into a final stage eventually. This is a better idea because all it would need would be the removal of certain clothing (just can't wear it anymore, man!) and adding a few things that could fit onto every character based on the template. I'm sure there are some artists here who would love to do that for you, even if you didn't want to do it yourself. You could also add dialogue for all (or a few) of the stages, but that's not as necessary.
A oversimplified fix for a complicated problem, I know, but think about it.
Nanospliccer

Postby corta » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:12 pm

##Update: September 10.
--Added: new characters, new voices (hopefully) working. sounds added to zergling capture scenes.
--Changes: new voice system moved over and fixed gallery camera?

--Notes: I've officially stopped caring about the old weapon system that's being used here, so things wont shoot the right stuff.

wooh.
alright, heaps happened over the weekend, but one little bug held things up for the last few days.. :(
anyways, new splatformer update!
and the newest template! if I can stay awake..

Nanospliccer Wrote:relatively simple addition: infection.

corta Wrote:there's gonna be a corruption stat, too

:3

Nanospliccer Wrote:adding a few things that could fit onto every character based on the template.

like what?
if you're trying to pitch an idea, being vague kinda defeats the purpose..

also: I've already figured out how transformation is going to work out.
(it's not a spoiler if nobody actually reads these posts. :roll:)

Nanospliccer Wrote:You could also add dialogue for all (or a few) of the stages, but that's not as necessary.

*shrug* maybe.
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - "BxR" proto. and splatformer mini pa

Postby sinhunter » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Not to be rude but how long before you can finally give us a working demo of the planned skill tree Corta?

From current demos give it looks like you're almost done with the new combat system.
sinhunter

Postby Nanospliccer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:06 am

corta Wrote:##Update: September 10.
Nanospliccer Wrote:adding a few things that could fit onto every character based on the template.

like what?
if you're trying to pitch an idea, being vague kinda defeats the purpose..

also: I've already figured out how transformation is going to work out.
(it's not a spoiler if nobody actually reads these posts. :roll:)

I dunno. I always try to be at least a little vague, 'cause content creators tend to create their own content, no matter what I say. I'm just giving baseline ideas.
Nanospliccer

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - "BxR" proto. and splatformer mini pa

Postby Stickasensi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 am

Hmm just throwing this idea out there but do you think you could consider adding Jessica from Dragon Quest VIII? :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Jessica Costumes.png
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects