Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

Postby mangleisbae » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 pm

:| I look at all the cool stuff on your BlogSpot that is only for patrons, and its just a little unfair, I mean honestly I spent 93 minutes setting up a patron just to find out that I cant use my PayPal. So yeah at least give the people who play Breeding Season, and share it with other people some credit. please. Also i'm going to admit that your my Senpai :oops: , because all the awesome things you do that I dream of doing some day. Sorry if I'm being annoying. thank you :D
mangleisbae
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:49 pm

Oh haha, sorry, I'm not on the team or anything. I just enjoyed the game a lot so I tried to resurrect the thread a little ;)
I get what you're saying but I'm not sure whether the team checks this thread anymore. Maybe occasionally, but their blogspot and patreon are probably the best places to communicate with them.

Sorry you're having issues with Patreon, that sucks :(
Shaknah

Postby siddo_sidddo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 am

My save file is not loding right. I go to import and select my file, then nothing happens even though it says save files loaded. I have tried the web and downloadable versions anyone know how I could fix this?
siddo_sidddo
Newly Registered

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Can anybody explain to me what the purpose of ordering a Trait with Guild Points is? I've looked at this a number of ways & tested several different outcomes to try & figure it out myself, but it doesn't seem to do a damn thing as far as I can tell... :x
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Shaknah » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:38 am

If you need a trait (and have it unlocked, of course), you have a few options...
1) Restock the store repeatedly until it shows up
2) Have fast breeders with "mutagenic"
3) Order it with guild points

1 can work, but it can cost a lot of gold (and the restock price doesn't go down, that I know). The odds of getting a specific trait in a batch are also pretty low, particularly if you haven't upgraded the shop size a lot. It's also a bit tricky scrolling the shop list sometimes, looking.
2 only costs time/fucks, but takes a while. And mutagenic is a relatively late unlock I think.
3 is also slow, but reliable and easy. And the guildpoint cost is very low for the first few, and you'll probably only need a few. Guildpoints are also very easy to farm, since every donated monster gives you one. (It's hard to get a lot, but it's easy to get several a day as you discard inferior stock. If you emphasize All Night Long and Greased Lightning like me, you can easily get 30ish a day.

Once you have the trait, even on a rather useless monster, you can introduce it into the rest of them and start breeding it up in quality. Incest can be problematic, but "kissing cousins" seem to work fine.

Edit: Oh and if you mean it doesn't seem to work, the order comes in like 10 days later. It tells you when you place the order (and reminds you if you try to place another order). The monster will then *show up in the shop* after that time, and you have to buy them with gold from there.
Shaknah

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:49 am

Shaknah Wrote:Edit: Oh and if you mean it doesn't seem to work, the order comes in like 10 days later. It tells you when you place the order (and reminds you if you try to place another order). The monster will then *show up in the shop* after that time, and you have to buy them with gold from there.

That would likely be the detail I didn't have, I never waited 10 days after that because the message states for the next 5 days when first ordered & figured it was never implemented when it didn't happen after the 5-day countdown finished & nothing happened. Of course I've only tryied to order a monster via trait, not an actual race; do I need to select a race along with the Trait for it to even have any effect?

Also I'll give you a tip in regards to what you said about refreshing the monster shop, you can avoid having to do it more than once in a row without buying anything by saving before doing the refresh & reloading if you don't get what you want. This makes certain that you won't have to refresh more than once in a row, however you could be doing it for a very long time trying to get a monster with the stats/traits you are looking for. When you start a new game, the monsters haven't technically been set yet, so you can save before going to town & you'll get a new stock every time you reload until you save again after visiting the shop. You used to be able to get the refresh fee to go down by donating monsters in older versions, but that was changed to giving you GP in the latest version (on these forums anyways).

WonderGamer

Postby Shaknah » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:16 am

You do have to select a monster type too, but dickwolf seems to be pre-selected. Checked in 6.0.2 and 6.4. In both cases it said the monster would arrive in 13 days, which might be hardcoded dunno.
It'll only appear in the shop after the 13 (or however many) days, and only for that one day. Some recent version (6.4, maybe?) added a notification that the monster has arrived in the shop.
Hope that helps, wish I could actually play it or anything erotic right now... On a long trip with shared rooms :x Soon... soon...
Shaknah

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:42 am

Shaknah Wrote:You do have to select a monster type too, but dickwolf seems to be pre-selected.

Ok. So you're saying you have to spend additional GP for the monster race order, not just on the Trait... Bah! The menu for that option sure makes things confusing... :?

Shaknah Wrote:wish I could actually play it or anything erotic right now... On a long trip with shared rooms :x Soon... soon...

Funny story, I was actually just on an 8-day trip with my parents in Yellowstone, I was playing this game in the back of the car & in the cabin on my laptop. Just had to make sure I kept my back to the wall where nobody would see it (didn't have internet, so I was running it from my hard drive); my parents really don't care too much about my personal hobbies on the computer, so they never really tried to look at it to find out what I was doing. :P :lol:

WonderGamer

Postby Shaknah » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Oh sorry no, you select the race and trait then pay once. There's no way to get a discount for leaving part random.

And heh, I've done that too on a different trip! I can browse pretty privately but... they can see my face so yeah.

Two more days hnng
Shaknah

Postby ValturNaa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Shaknah Wrote:3 is also slow, but reliable and easy. And the guildpoint cost is very low for the first few, and you'll probably only need a few. Guildpoints are also very easy to farm, since every donated monster gives you one. (It's hard to get a lot, but it's easy to get several a day as you discard inferior stock. If you emphasize All Night Long and Greased Lightning like me, you can easily get 30ish a day.

Not sure how the changes are in later versions but in 6.0.2 I start getting 200+ gp a day after only three months of breeding. By breeding high dex and Greased Lightning, can get negative energy costs and thus have energy levels sufficient to fully breed all monsters every day. And with Fertility and 50+ fer stats I get a new monster almost every time I breed a male and a female. I find it most critical to watch the shop for Fertility, All Night Long, and Greased Lightning. Kawaii or Too Stronk (only need one) is great for training monsters up, but with the first three I can breed 30+ monsters a day from one pair; more when stats and traits are high. After a while of breeding and raising stats, both Fertility and Greased Lightning can be dropped. In the third-fourth month I can get regular 40 stats on my bred monsters, and breed-train them to max in four days. Note this is in 6.0.2; I haven't had a chance to play 6.2 or the later versions at this time. Downloading 6.2 now to see how it changes.

I should probably mention there's a bizarre trick to breeding with Greased Lightning that I hope gets cleaned out of later versions. The energy costs of the two monsters get multiplied, not added, so if both monsters declare a negative energy cost (check the dex tooltip) they will increase the energy cost of breeding. I've seen 1k+ energy costs from a really high dex and full Greased Lightning. Breeding one monster with a positive cost with one whose costs are negative results in negative total costs, sometimes granting 500+ energy per breeding. Once the negative figures are reached, I start breeding breeders without Greased Lightning to pair with the ones who have it.

edit: I've tested the same tricks in 6.2 and they still work just the same way at 6.0, except that it's even easier to raise fully leveled monsters fast. As the exp now grants multiple levels, with full 5 Kawaii and Too Stronk both in play I see level 20+ from the first breeding. Breeding two monsters with full 5 both traits, both starting at level 1 with 10 hearts and both Greased, resulted in level 75 monsters at the end of the day. It's also become much easier to get higher level breed modifiers, and the Alraune event now gives a consumable that increase all modifiers by 1 (up to A) that day. Since the stat exp seems to depend upon leveling rapidly, that bonus is best used on the first day. There is a bug, however, that I plan to report on his site. The Pink Pearl (found in a beach event) appears to cut off any harvesting. I like the idea of a reusable consumable but I really want to still be able to milk my dickwolves.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby HohesHaus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:05 am

Shaknah Wrote:I STILL don't know what breeding power actually does!!! Anyone help :(

Asked devs in chat months ago. Breeding Power x (or + dunno anymore) Charisma = XP for breeding
HohesHaus

Postby Shaknah » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:35 am

Thank you :)
And uh... Dunno who else has 6.5, but Seraphs and things are added now... But I don't think they have any animations yet.
(Also, I could have sworn the seraphs were going to be less curvaceous...)
Shaknah

Postby Tacomancer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:31 pm

8 Wolfs and 8 Catgirls
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

All with "All night long" for more 6x hearts and "Grease Lighting" for 6x reduce energy costs to the point they give me energy. ((the two with Maid in the name are the breeders, as there not related))

Yea... note the energy and hearts for 1 of my 16 peeps. 16x8(on avg(128(avg of 30g/3840g a day/115,200 a month) semen) things to sell. and super eacy to do.

One of the Maids

15 hearts xD -556 enegry

((did some upgradeing))

Fun times xD

mmm semen

think i beat the game xD

Tacomancer

Postby adamwest69 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:41 am

I had to cancel my credit card because the Patreon customer service wouldn't communicate with me. I sent them my full CC# and told them the email I had used had been recycled for lack of use, but they still wouldn't respond or help me in any way. They did however keep charging my credit card. Ended up pay for I don't know how many months of service, before I finally got fed up and canceled. Now I have to go through everything I have set up for auto-payment and reenter all my CC info. I love the game, but there's no way I'll ever use Patreon again.
adamwest69
Newly Registered

Postby Tier5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Is there any news on them hiring more animators to speed up progress on this? I'm not just having a go but it's pretty much a fact the current workload is simply unachieveable for the current team to get the game to a level where it can be considered complete.
Tier5
Newly Registered

Postby GreenHell » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:17 am

This game desperately needs a wiki lol. How many traits can a single monster have? How do I get a monsters "Inactive" trait to be active on its offspring? Which monsters have "Neoteny" versions? Which have Futa versions? Why does the game hate the elves (can't complete any requests for specific elf genders, even tried futa)? So many questions... T_T
GreenHell
Newly Registered

Postby MaxMillion » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:03 am

I love this game so much and have been feverishly playing it since it came out, I can't wait 'til the next update :D

I just have two suggestions: the first is that there is no real purpose for releasing a monster as donating is better because you get something for donating. It would be cool if the guild wouldn't always be able to accept donations (maybe after donating 6 or 7 monster in a day they stop accepting?) and you would have to release the monster instead.

The second is just an idea I had for two traits:
"Run off 1:This monster has a 10% chance to produce a consumable when breeding" with each level increasing the chance by 10%
"Bitchy: Monsters with this trait won't breed with monsters whose stats are lower than theirs" It would add an interesting element to breeding, but I do realize that it might be a pain to implement ^^"

Anyway, once again I love the game and plan to start donating next month!
MaxMillion
Newly Registered

Postby MMazeStalker » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:01 am

@GreenHell

Traits cap : I got up to 9 traits on a single monster. It is easy enough to get them with 8 but getting that 9th trait just takes forever. I don't know if there's an actual cap but this is from experience. Assume they cap at 8 to save a lot of frustration.

Inactive : I think you can't. The feeling I have is that those are Inactive because the art for Futa Wolf, GB Fluff, Futa Fluff, etc... just hasn't been made yet, hence the "Inactive" condition. Bright side, you still can breed a GB Cat with a fluff dragon to get your first GB Wolf though, as an example.

Neoteny : Can't say, haven't reached that point yet.

Futa :
Yes : Catgirls, Holstaurus, Harpy
No : Dickwolves, Fluffdragons, Demons
Didn't try yet : Elf, Stallion, Seraph, Mandrakes

Elf Quest : Bug

Those are not definitive answers but hopefully, they will still help a little until someone else comes along with more reliable info
MMazeStalker

Postby rpgfan650 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Before my long absence I dabble a little before the the redesign. At that time, I don't think alchemy was available yet. I spent most of my time reading the blogs and not playing any of the release versions. Which brings me to the things I need to know.

Edit2: Can any one give ma a tutorial on how to use Alchemy?
Alchemy.
1) Is the large center circle the result of a successful consumable combination? If so, this design is more oriented to deconstruction than combining.
2.If I could get one recipe that includes DWJizz so I can practice? Mainly to see If I can get something to work. So far, I haven't been successful.

The fish from the ocean that are label as materials. No clue any info would be beneficial.

Thank you for you time.

Edit1: Forgot to mention started playing again with version 6.3. I'm not a patron.
rpgfan650

Postby arbitaurus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 pm

So I have created a save editor, which lets me do stupid stuff like this...

lolwut.png

Don't ask me what happened to his face. Fun little two day project!
arbitaurus
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects