Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby Goryokaku » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:28 pm

i like the voice test and the expressions test but have you noticed how out of all the face liru's the only one who looks then same when she's in a trance :p but as i said before pretty swanky.
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby ANooB » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Gotta say i appreciate u sticking to ur gunz on this project. It's looking better, everyday. Only prob i'm experiencing is lack of control in sex battle. It's pretty much just wait it out til all the monsters are done with you. Perhaps you can give the char some time to get away, like in Contra. Or even tap a button to fuck the creature back, wearing down the mojo bar.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Lol@Liru

Ai, on the higher healthed monsters, it's rather a long wait. Think it's been brought up earlier though
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby SamusRaper » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Game is great would just like to ask for rougher rape scenes maybe sone gagging on those cocks and hair grabbing if it can be done, thanks.
I was thinking it would be good if when you do the taunt the bad guys get angry and give her a rougher fucking.
SamusRaper

Postby banana » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm

I've found that having controls to hit during a rape scene just gets in the way of my ability to jerk off to them. It's also a conflict of interest, since trying to escape means I end up making the scene shorter :(

I like how the samus platformer did it, where if you do things right, you can take a dominant position and control the action, but if you fuck up you get stuck in the submissive position waiting until the monster is done with you.
banana

Postby Captain Twinkie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Corta first of all i would like to say that you are doing an amazing job. All the games i see on this forum keep getting better and better but yours is by far the best in my opinion. Top notch quality. Keep up the good work im rooting for you. I was never really into hentai flash games but you, along with other individuals like playshapes and blargh changed that. Quick question, When are you gonna release the next update for this game?
Captain Twinkie

Postby bmn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:31 pm

@digfree: The mutalisk penis design is great ^^ Can't wait to see the mutalisks in action.

@Corta: The bug with the hydra progressbar is still in the 11th version. At the first time I play, the progressbar is not there, but it appears if I try enter the SC room a second time.

@banana: Why should it be a conflict of interest? I would love to see rape scenes, where your key-controls make her struggle. I don't think that the scene will then be shorter because the monsters are stronger than her.
bmn

Postby corta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 am

again, a tiny snippet of an update..

the first level of a game usually takes the longest to make, so it'll be alot longer than the rest. (making intros, graphic collections, tutorials, plot, etc.)

But, I wanna show how things are going,
The level design is a breeze, but making the graphic set soaks up the most time. (almost done, it's mostly trace-jobs.)

I've heard a few people crying about not being able to beat the hydralisks (probably because they don't know how to shoot..) so that's why there'll be a quick tutorial in the first room.. (yawn, rite?)

anyway, here's some proof that things are still moving.. ;)

Tutlevel.png

no real fights planned for the first room, but the rest of the game will be about as baddie-filled as the leviPit.

Melee tut will be getting out of the jammed escape pod,
learn about Jumping on the rocks
and Platforming basics at the dip
but, I still need a contrived reason for a shooting tut... was thinking a tentacle, a root or something blocking the way in the tunnel..
I hate drawing something that'll only get used once, so... I'm open to better ideas

Goryokaku Wrote:liru's face is the only one that looks then same when she's in a trance

.. guess hadn't given her a new eye for that.. thanks for spotting that one.

ANooB Wrote:lack of control in sex battle

your 'fight back time' is before you get downed in combat.

banana Wrote:I've found that having controls to hit during a rape scene just gets in the way of my ability to jerk off to them. It's also a conflict of interest, since trying to escape means I end up making the scene shorter :(

I like how the samus platformer did it, where if you do things right, you can take a dominant position and control the action, but if you fuck up you get stuck in the submissive position waiting until the monster is done with you.

agreed, agreed, taunt system (future update)

SamusRaper Wrote:hair grabbing if it can be done

20 costumes, some with long hair, some not.
I avoid adding stuff that will look weird with alot of the girls.

ByHisBillowingBeard Wrote:Ai, on the higher healthed monsters, it's rather a long wait. Think it's been brought up earlier though

.. huh?
are you complaining about the hydralisks having too much health?

bmn Wrote:rape scenes, where your key-controls make her struggle

this one again?
as an animator, no. (it's a pain to make)
as a pervert, nope. (get-out-of-rape mechanics defeat the purpose. - especially when I've taken out game-overs.)

bmn Wrote:The bug with the hydra progressbar

If you're talking about health-bars, I can't see a problem..
if you mean that they fade, it's meant to be like that.
they're only supposed to show when they take damage and then they fade back.

..and I'm off. - smell ya later.
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby bmn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

@Corta: I am talking about the "health"-bar when the hydra is having sex with her, showing when he is about to cum. It is sometimes there and sometimes not. When I enter the SC lounge directly, the progressbar is not there. When I restart the SC lounge, the health-bar is there again.
bmn

Postby Digfree » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:51 pm

corta Wrote:but, I still need a contrived reason for a shooting tut... was thinking a tentacle, a root or something blocking the way in the tunnel..
I hate drawing something that'll only get used once, so... I'm open to better ideas

Easy, make a wide hole in the wall (giggity) that she can not walk through, on the other side make a button with health, that you need to destroy to advance in the room. Only your range attack can hit it, and if you have 3 of them, one high, med, and low, that would cover aiming the projectile. If you don't get what I mean I could draw up an example.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby BlueLight » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Well Digfree idea makes sense however you said you didn't want anything you would use once so i think you should replace the button for a alien of some kinda.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby corta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Digfree Wrote:a button with health, that you need to destroy to advance in the room.

BlueLight Wrote:replace the button for a alien

both would only get used once, but I have the answer!

SteelSaurus' Metroid egg. somehow I missed this way back when, but luckily I was scouring for graphics earlier.. (much love, steel.)
I'll pop these on the ceilings every once in a while, shoot 'em for a ka-blooey. (..or I might hide them, instead..for unlocks, and bonus cool stuff..)

and yeah, one thing I'd like to hear some discussion on: Ambient sound, aye or bye? (hullo or uh-oh?) [ "You got me" or H.I.V? ]
corta

Postby Digfree » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Well here you go, cause I am awesome, zerg eggs :3 These can home zerg units untill you get close, are killable, and make good background art and adds to the level. hope you use. I guess you could have these on zerg levels, and the metriod ones on the metriod level.

I made a very rough exploding egg so when something hatch or it gets kill, it's not too sudden. sorry it sucks, but I suck at frame by frame and didn't want to spend much time on it.

P.S comes with a optional patch of creep under the egg, up to you.

*edit* Corta, I can help you find some good background music off of newgrounds that will fit, or you could just put in ambient, but should not be empty
Attachments
zergegg.fla
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

zergegg.swf [ 77.79 KiB | Viewed 10269 times ]

ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby BlueLight » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:32 pm

corta Wrote:
Digfree Wrote:a button with health, that you need to destroy to advance in the room.

BlueLight Wrote:replace the button for a alien

both would only get used once, but I have the answer!

So i was thinking of using one of the already made enemies but your plan works to. Just wanted to clear that up.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby chimi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 pm

As for future reasons to shoot down, perhaps add Spine Crawlers or something that are "hidden" with some indicator, that will jump up if you attempt to run over without shooting them?
chimi
Newly Registered

Postby Digfree » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:17 am

chimi Wrote:As for future reasons to shoot down, perhaps add Spine Crawlers or something that are "hidden" with some indicator, that will jump up if you attempt to run over without shooting them?

I was thinking about spine crawlers, but the tentacle part of it is the problem. I was also planning to make my upcomng roach unit move slowly at you underground then leap up and tackle you.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby ABCD » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Have you thought about the possibility of more than one creature at a time? i know it might be hard but it could improve the design alot. just a thought, good work!
ABCD

Postby ABCD » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:56 pm

oh, and the ability to change her expressions is really cool
ABCD

Postby corta » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 am

GAME UPDATE

##Update: June 16th.
Added: Cavern graphics, starter room, most player sound-systems, zerg eggs, etc.
Fixes/Tweaks: loads of other junk

so, I've been getting 503 errors at LoK for the last two days, but at long last here's an update.

some sound-systems thrown in, (sound-effects only, voices later.)
a new tutorial level, complete with interactive cutscene and sounds. (warps back to menu after.)
graphics for caves, VERY re-usable.
'splodable zerg eggs are working,

and for later, sounds for enemies and sexy bits.

doesn't look like much, but expanding on what I've got is alot easier than starting from scratch on every level..

ABCD Wrote:more than one creature at a time?

The animations for pirates to do so are done, It'll be added in eventually.

Digfree Wrote:zerg eggs :3

love 'em!

Digfree Wrote:I can help you find some good background music off of newgrounds that will fit, or you could just put in ambient, but should not be empty

decided against BGM, but I do have a decent collection of ambient sounds from all my modded game installations :)
corta

Postby Digfree » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:50 am

lol great job corta, first level is great. But 3 suggestions.

1. When you get to eggs, and it shows you how to shoot, it last for like 2 secs, a newbie prob will not see the buttons that were flashing. make it flash a bit longer
2. Perhaps you should give eggs a little more life and a life bar, hard to tell if your hitting them (well besides when they explode lol)
3. I noticed dark elve is default character, just saying samus or nova would be a more natrual default *cough* nova *cough*, lol just pointing that out, no big deal.

keep up the awesome work mate.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects