Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby Fapbro » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 pm

The game is looking really good so far Corta, but may i suggest zooming in when the sex scenes start? i always right click + zoom in because i can't get all the details out of it. Also are you planning on ever finishing peach's clothing? (I wouldn't mind if you keep her like this, i always select Zelda's stockings).

Keep up the good work!
Fapbro
Newly Registered

Postby ABCD » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Awesome, but two suggestions.
since you already have the space pirate animations for more than one at a time, try and find a way to put that into the game.
Two, make the space pirate animations vary from the ones in use and the ones used in the other metroid prime platformer
Thanks!
ABCD

Postby Goryokaku » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Pretty good, the flashing for the controls is pretty easy to follow even for the shooting so i don't see any problems looking forwards to the next update.
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby LouDiamonds » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm

You really seem to know your stuff. Movement and sound so far is top-notch. Way to go and thanks for keeping us updated!
LouDiamonds

Postby Nufai » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Just a quick thing I noted, for a more accurate zerg egg. The slime when it explodes is meant to be a yellow / orange mix. Awesome work so far, can't wait to see the next update!
Nufai
Newly Registered

Postby corta » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Game Update

##Update: June 17th.
Added: new room, punch sounds for levirants, etc.

Planned on having plenty more to show for today, but..
another room for you to play with, (two exits?! I know, right?)
and the baddie sound systems are coming along,

tomorrow I'll take a whack at fixing drop sounds playing on level trans and moon-walking hydras
oh, and I'll fix the lag for looping shoot sounds when I find better replacements.

but, the camera is my no.1 grief right now.. anyone got ideas on tracking a very fine hit-test with a moving camera?

Digfree Wrote:1. When you get to eggs, and it shows you how to shoot, it last for like 2 secs, a newbie prob will not see the buttons that were flashing. make it flash a bit longer

.. babby-proofed the tutorial, anyone who still needs help probably needs assistance soiling themselves...

Digfree Wrote:2. Perhaps you should give eggs a little more life and a life bar, hard to tell if your hitting them (well besides when they explode lol)

they insta-explode when hit, so a healthbar won't do much.. but, I modified the hit-area of the shots.
better?

Digfree Wrote:3. I noticed dark elve is default character, just saying samus or nova would be a more natrual default *cough* nova *cough*, lol just pointing that out, no big deal.

sure, because I love hearing "samus can (verb), why can't she just (blah)"
"nova is psychic, why can't she (groan)"
"Samus would never (...)"
"nova can't (...) because she is afraid of (thing)"
"Samus would never (...)"
"the location"
"the plot"
"non-cannon"

so-on and so-forth..
we all know that gamers (more than anyone else) love to bitch over details.
(we both know that's true.)

the answer: alignment ambiguous original character.

Fapbro Wrote:zooming in when the sex scenes start

it does zoom, how much more do you want?!

..actually, individual zooms for each scene will probably feature in a later update. the zoom is nerfed to keep the player on screen for all the current scenes.

Fapbro Wrote:peach's clothing?

I can do stockings, but there's no way the dress the dress is getting in.

ABCD Wrote:Awesome, but two suggestions.
since you already have the space pirate animations for more than one at a time, try and find a way to put that into the game.
Two, make the space pirate animations vary from the ones in use and the ones used in the other metroid prime platformer
Thanks!

does that sound just a little passive-aggressive to anyone else..? :)
I'll add them when I feel like it -- I'm in charge :mrgreen: /FistPump, /WindmillHigh-Fives, etc.

@ Lou, Goryo & Dig: cheers :D
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby rooiehaan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

hey, corta
have you found the time to make those things in the starcraft lobby penetrate any deeper yet?
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive
rooiehaan

Postby Captain Twinkie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 pm

I definitely agree, Peach should definitely get a sexy outfit, preferably one that differs from any outfits shes had on any other flash games around here. Just a suggestion, keep up the good work corta :)
Captain Twinkie

Postby Gasmask14 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Found some glitches with the new room. When you reach the exits and take the bottom exit the character makes a chopped up run down a portion of the cave. The other glitch is when you reach the very bottom of the cave and the starcraft creature (don't remember the name) appears and you run past or wait for it to attack you and choose to jump over it it'll chase you back words and will turn around only if wait for it to reach you.
Gasmask14
Newly Registered

Postby Digfree » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:28 am

lol sorry corta, I didn't mean to sound bitchy, just suggesting. But I get where your coming from.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby ANooB » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 am

You got a whole alpha build out before Funny-games even snagged a snippet of this stuff!!! O.o GJ, dude.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby magnusadder » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:19 am

bind arrow keys not wasd
knowledge is juicy and sweet like an apple, but it more addictive then even the most potent of drugs. so i ask you as eve once asked Adam and the serpent asked her before. "care for a bite?"
magnusadder

Postby viper2003923 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 am

magnusadder Wrote:bind arrow keys not wasd

or at least an option to change it to the arrows, please and thank you
viper2003923

Postby banana » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 am

Corta, I will suck your dick for everything you've done. Sorry if you're not gay. I just thought I'd balance out all the change requests with a thumbs up. You rule.
banana

Postby anonymous174 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 pm

banana Wrote:Corta, I will suck your dick for everything you've done. Sorry if you're not gay. I just thought I'd balance out all the change requests with a thumbs up. You rule.

I think Corta is female and you just came off as creepy.. D:
anonymous174

Postby Digfree » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 pm

donkeykon174 Wrote:
banana Wrote:Corta, I will suck your dick for everything you've done. Sorry if you're not gay. I just thought I'd balance out all the change requests with a thumbs up. You rule.

I think Corta is female and you just came off as creepy.. D:

Bananas are creepy anyways. Pretty sure corta is not a girl, but then again never asked. if he is a girl, well she still got a banana... right? e_e

On a nonrelated subject. The spikes on the roach are killing me, I can't get them right, cause I suck at prospective, but i'll keep trying, sorry about the wait.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby corta » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Game Update

##Update: June 18th.
Fixes/Tweaks: Tweaked camera, AI pathing, level transitions and .. something else.. (I forget.)

yep, not a huge update..
I'll be working on levi and muta scenes pretty soon.. using filler anims is starting to look a bit amateur hour now that it's been a while.

Digfree Wrote:lol sorry corta, I didn't mean to sound bitchy, just suggesting. But I get where your coming from.

oh, no. you meant well, I know that.
those are just the reasons why I can't do those things.

Gasmask14 Wrote:When you reach the exits and take the bottom exit the character makes a chopped up run down a portion of the cave. The other glitch is when you reach the very bottom of the cave and the starcraft creature (don't remember the name) appears and you run past or wait for it to attack you and choose to jump over it it'll chase you back words and will turn around only if wait for it to reach you.

fixed. - probably.

Captain Twinkie Wrote:Peach should definitely get a sexy outfit, preferably one that differs from any outfits shes had on any other flash games around here.

bit of a tall order.. I'll keep an eye out for good designs to rip off, but what options are there that won't upset the "IT LOOKS NOTHIG LOEK HUR, UTTER CRAP" sort of critics?

rooiehaan Wrote:hey, corta
have you found the time to make those things in the starcraft lobby penetrate any deeper yet?

it's a little deeper, but I noticed it poking out her back with a few armors just before I uploaded today's..
I'll make it nice 'n' pretty tomorrow.

ANooB Wrote:You got a whole alpha build out before Funny-games even snagged a snippet of this stuff!!! O.o GJ, dude.

either they're slacking off or all my updates are overworking their executive member of incorrect-file-names.

magnusadder Wrote:bind arrow keys not wasd

viper2003923 Wrote:or at least an option to change it to the arrows, please and thank you

hmm... nup.
(maybe later, and only if I like ya XD)

how do I request crazy fans with in-and-out bits? :?

Digfree Wrote:The spikes on the roach are killing me, I can't get them right, cause I suck at prospective, but i'll keep trying, sorry about the wait.

using the 3d tool and painting over the result works for me when I'm in a pinch.
..still no Idea why adobe won't let us angle-skew symbols in AS2...

night, all.
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby BlueLight » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:01 pm

New bug. So for some odd reason I could not hit the low egg in the training room with magic.
I just tried the new version picked my character i think it's called nrim. basically a cap and a bra and i believe 4 one form the right.

Any ways i hit the other eggs quite easily and when i went to attack the last egg i could hit it from where i was standing with magic so i went rightnext to and a little to the left so the hand was pointing right at it and try to attack with magic again and failed. next i tried melee just because and it worked right away.

I didn't try any levels before that and didn't run in to any aliens.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby banana » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:16 pm

I need to stop posting on forums when I'm drunk
banana

Postby haloman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 pm

banana Wrote:I need to stop posting on forums when I'm drunk

Hey man, we all do it. No need to feel bad about it :mrgreen:
Finishing the fight... one Confetti blast headshot at a time
haloman