Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - not so secret mini-character-update.

Postby Biles » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Futanari... Just because this thread needed to have a keyword in it. :D I've always wanted to know whether or not there could be such an option for one, or would that be too much work.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby Digfree » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 pm

I am back from da beach. Nice to see ALL the hard work that went on here with me gone for 5 days.

corta Wrote:
Digfree Wrote:On a relevant note going to the beach for 5 days :F so prob not be on for a bit.

better bring me back that sand I asked for this time :x

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Zeus Kabob Wrote:
corta Wrote:MODS, MODS!
ren's probably mad about the image bandwidth, RIOT GEAR!

Code orange from Ren, we're going in boys!

Um sir, thats a huge pic you posted, but you look new here so I'll let you off with a warning this time, but try not to kill the server in the meantime.

On another note anything going on you guys need help with now? I guess I have to try to be productive too every now and then
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby Myuu » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:24 pm

corta Wrote:costumes coming together, asari gets a few flavours, and shep, lexine, tali and EDI got their own weapons.
midna was a huge mess, but she's just about under control.
and I'm still messing around with adjutant's feet.. :|

Such effort. Much wow.

corta Wrote:cautiously hopeful for this idea.. as long as we can keep it simple

Unlike the other varren (which you wanted to scale down) he'd be the 'original' height. Nothing big -3-

corta Wrote:like.. uhh .. an infested terran boss?

Ooh I can do that too~ Just look at all those tentacles! This is a big leap for your efforts, Corts! But I'm not one to deny your genius!
Myuu

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 am

I registered just to say this.

ObsidianVoid I see that you have Jibril avatar and sig.. but why you no make Jibril for this game yet XD

I do admit that I have ulterior motives like playing Jibril.

And well, Corta I'm glad to see you're back, because I remember seeing this years ago and I accidentally found out this got resurrected a little again because I just felt like playing samus in an hentai game. Was a lurker. I blame Jibril and obsidianvoid for making me register and your return.
Callonia
Newly Registered

Postby Pram » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Callonia Wrote: but why you no make Jibril for this game yet

I'm gonna try to not sound like a dick here but I would rather see work done on enemies/areas than yet another character put in. Especially this one. I looked her up, she looks really generic. Can't you just set pink hair and put any clothes on and use your imagination?

Of course, not my decision. It's the team's since they put all the work into these nice characters, I just find it a little annoying when someone goes ADD (blank) PLEASE with little to no constructive criticism.
Pram

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Pram Wrote:
Callonia Wrote: but why you no make Jibril for this game yet

I'm gonna try to not sound like a dick here but I would rather see work done on enemies/areas than yet another character put in. Especially this one. I looked her up, she looks really generic. Can't you just set pink hair and put any clothes on and use your imagination?

Of course, not my decision. It's the team's since they put all the work into these nice characters, I just find it a little annoying when someone goes ADD (blank) PLEASE with little to no constructive criticism.

In other words I see that you haven't watched No Game No Life and is lacking in knowledge of how awesome that anime is. I shall pity you now. XD

And criticize? What is there to criticize at the moment?

Lets see, combat seems to work well enough, aiming in corta's platformer is kinda annoying so I just punch enemies to death unless I catch the enemies faraway then I can aim and blast them.
Good hentai animations though. Test arenas is just empty, after pwning everyone in it you have to exit and reenter cuz they don't respawn. As for campaign thingie.. I do find it fun just to keep on running and running from time to time. :P
Callonia
Newly Registered

Postby Myuu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:56 am

Callonia Wrote:ObsidianVoid I see that you have Jibril avatar and sig.. but why you no make Jibril for this game yet XD

GASP. My secret! She is out! >.< But I'll probably get on Jib a little after the game/monster (over)haul

Callonia Wrote:I do admit that I have ulterior motives like playing Jibril.

Ulterior motives are the fathers of inventions. Just look at those bananas. Who can think back a couple thousand years to the man/woman who first looked at a banana and went, "I want that inside me"?

===THE MORE YOU KNOW==☆

Callonia Wrote:I blame Jibril and obsidianvoid for making me register and your return.

Yay, I'm promoting server activity. Someone stop me before I exceed our data usage~

Now Pram, play nice. Everyone gets a character -3-

Although If I took your suggestion and resorted to only making hairs at this rate, we could cover every character in existence in a little under a week, so there's a thought... but is Midna truly Midna without her hood and runes?

On a final note: Blasted LOKBot, not sending me thread updates -3-
Myuu

Postby Auzzi Soda » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi, I'm trying to get a diploma in Interactive Games Design and I was wondering if a project like the Splatformer is difficult and/or if it just takes time?
Auzzi Soda
Newly Registered

Postby Digfree » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 am

Auzzi Soda Wrote:Hi, I'm trying to get a diploma in Interactive Games Design and I was wondering if a project like the Splatformer is difficult and/or if it just takes time?

Depends to be honest, Corta takes some time on this cause he doesn't just program but does a lot of art and animation for it too which is time consuming and mentally consuming. Void, I and others try to pitch in here as much as we can but in the end he takes the bulk of it. If you spent like 6 hours on this in a row I would assume you could get a lot done but I think Corta is a busy person so process is slow.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby corta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:45 pm

alrighty, I'm back from quiet time once again. coding makes me real mad these days, I guess.. :x

controls are still pretty bleh and we're missing melee attacks 'n' stuff.. but getting guns and aiming (kinda) working is a good enough milestone.
so, guns can fire deadly actionscript intergers and baddies go 'ow'

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

swarmLivePrototype.swf [ 2.78 MiB | Viewed 5806 times ]

still playing around with the shoot angles, so animations will jitter around a little bit.. also, there'll probably be animations for turning around when crouch-aiming. (the angle, animations and walky-lock code were all made today and I aint done that much testing..)
also, I made the double-tap rolling like an hour ago alright, an hour before I started typing, but anyways .. seemed too easy, anyone got problems?

Auzzi Soda Wrote:Hi, I'm trying to get a diploma in Interactive Games Design and I was wondering if a project like the Splatformer is difficult and/or if it just takes time?

everything is easy when you know how.
if you're smart and you plan everything out, you'll never have a problem.

that being said, I almost never plan ahead and I re-invent the wheel every time I need something to work.

things are only gonna be as difficult as you let it.
we make what we make and that's all there is to it. ;)

Digfree Wrote:Depends to be honest, Corta takes some time on this cause he doesn't just program but does a lot of art and animation for it too which is time consuming and mentally consuming. Void, I and others try to pitch in here as much as we can but in the end he takes the bulk of it. If you spent like 6 hours on this in a row I would assume you could get a lot done but I think Corta is a busy person so process is slow.

I've spent HOURS making tiny, tiny details and I've made leaps and bounds in mere minutes..

time != progress.
standards - skills (and luck) = progress.

ObsidianVoid Wrote:I'll probably get on Jib a little after the game/monster (over)haul

I got the code grumpies. :x
varren and hydra time next ;)

ObsidianVoid Wrote:Someone stop me

oh vee ~ 2014-2014 :lol:

ObsidianVoid Wrote:Although If I took your suggestion and resorted to only making hairs at this rate, we could cover every character in existence in a little under a week

you could cover them in a week, but I'd be tracing all year :lol:

I've got a few spare assets floating around.. and there's plenty of people who've asked for more generic and OC costumes.. hmm..

Callonia Wrote:aiming is kinda annoying so I just punch enemies to death unless I catch the enemies faraway then I can aim and blast them.

it's the only effective strat, I know..
I'm trying real hard to make things more interesting without getting too complicated.. hopefully guns are a bit more fun now. ;)

Callonia Wrote:Test arenas is just empty, after pwning everyone in it you have to exit and reenter cuz they don't respawn.

still deciding how the maps are gonna be set up, it'll either be arena boxes al-la nano crisis or same-ol-BIGMAPS with heaps more enemies.

Pram Wrote:I'm gonna try to not sound like a dick here but I would rather see work done on enemies/areas than yet another character put in. Especially this one. I looked her up, she looks really generic.

and that's why there's no 'voting' system. :mrgreen:

Digfree Wrote:I am back from da beach. Nice to see ALL the hard work that went on here with me gone for 5 days.

corta Wrote:
Digfree Wrote:On a relevant note going to the beach for 5 days :F so prob not be on for a bit.

better bring me back that sand I asked for this time :x

[pic]

yeah, get 'em bird jesus!

Digfree Wrote:On another note anything going on you guys need help with now? I guess I have to try to be productive too every now and then

BAAACKLOG :(
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - "shootyguns" prototype.

Postby Nobudi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Hey corta, tried your prototype. Pretty good, and I don't know if you intended it or not, but if you crouch with down and press the direction key opposite of where the character is facing (i.e A when facing right, D when facing left), the character does a small backflip evasion.

Edit: Turns out that crouching when not aiming does combat rolls.
Nobudi

Postby Danteftw » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 pm

And i thought that you abandoned this game Corta :D
Bring the fables from thy tomb
Sporadic doom as knights loom
Does clergy support this passion?
Pure wrath of the winged assassin
Danteftw

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Should prolly be (Skill+Luck) - Standards = progress per timeperiod, 'cause the higher your skills the faster you go, and the lower your standards the faster you go, mang.

Also, the new system seems fun, but will it be forever lacking chargebeams, or will those just be toggle-able?

Also, as to specific different melee weapons, are they going to show up in the Splatformer as well, or will they be reserved for the new game?
Lucky777

Postby Biles » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Oddly, I was expecting the aiming motion to be directed and controlled by the mouse movement. In anycase, shouldn't you have both arms straightened out completely when holding one or two handguns? Also, maybe the elbow should somehow be bent below the arm, or in any position that doesn't put itself behind the back. Looks awesome so far.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby 9911MU51C » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm actually surprised Moxxi hasn't been added yet o.O
9911MU51C

Postby corta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 am

*groan*

alright, turns out that it takes A MILLION YEARS longer to re-draw something than to start from fresh...
at least I dont have to animate or code it again..

also, I played this today,
I wanted to steal it's mechanics and make a lizgirl bordello, but .. there's enough stuff that I should be doing, already.. :?
so, free game idea, I guess..

Nobudi Wrote:Hey corta, tried your prototype. Pretty good, and I don't know if you intended it or not, but if you crouch with down and press the direction key opposite of where the character is facing (i.e A when facing right, D when facing left), the character does a small backflip evasion.

Edit: Turns out that crouching when not aiming does combat rolls.

first rule of show business: make it look easy -- so easy that it almost looks like a mistake! :lol:

Danteftw Wrote:And i thought that you abandoned this game Corta :D

8-)

Lucky777 Wrote:lacking chargebeams, or will those just be toggle-able?

WAY later down the track, I'll try for more traditional 'beam' weapons that have a little warm-up charge and shoot until released.
I'm going to have to balance everything with ammo counts, too.

Lucky777 Wrote:Also, as to specific different melee weapons, are they going to show up in the Splatformer as well, or will they be reserved for the new game?

I'd like to only work on one game at a time, so the weapon stances and all the new attacks will (probably) only be in swarm.

Biles Wrote:shouldn't you have both arms straightened out completely when holding one or two handguns?

maybe I didnt try hard enough the first time I made the animation, but it looked weird when they were perfectly parallel all the time.

*shrug*

Biles Wrote: Also, maybe the elbow should somehow be bent below the arm, or in any position that doesn't put itself behind the back. Looks awesome so far.

talkin about the heavy pistol animation, right?

9911MU51C Wrote:I'm actually surprised Moxxi hasn't been added yet o.O

that's maybe the 2nd request for her..
grats, you've bumped Tyris Flare Daemonette (that was a terrible idea..) off the list.
corta

Postby 9911MU51C » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 am

corta Wrote: that's maybe the 2nd request for her..
grats, you've bumped Tyris Flare Daemonette (that was a terrible idea..) off the list.

Woo, I'm a list bumper :D
9911MU51C

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

corta Wrote:also, I played this today,
I wanted to steal it's mechanics and make a lizgirl bordello, but .. there's enough stuff that I should be doing, already.. :?
so, free game idea, I guess..

Didn't know you were so kinky, Corta. :3

I also didn't know this guy existed. He makes cool stuff, and I like his modular modeling structure and randomized models.
It also helps that he shares my fetishes :3
Zeus Kabob

Postby corta » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:59 am

alright, quick one because I didnt get a chance to post this over the weekend..

it's a thing and it can do some of the stuff that I want it to.

ooh it's gumbychef.png
ooh it's gumbychef.png (17.91 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

if you can't tell what pokemon it is, then I've made some terrible mistakes..
SO LET'S HEAR THOSE WHACKY GUESSES!

still drawing and playing video games and not focusing, blah, blah, blah.
also, taking tips for make-better-itude
corta

Postby konamicode13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I really hate to nitpick, but the rifle and shotgun positions are very wrong. The guns should be braced on the shoulder, putting, the scopes at eye level. Right now she's sighting through her shoulder.
konamicode13

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects