Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER -- SWaRM Menu MANIA

Postby Pram » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Allsop2604 Wrote:Wow, between the amount of customization and fluent animation/movement I'm awestruck.

I know right? That's why Corta's probably my favorite flash-er here, his animations are way smoother than all the other games I've seen around here, and there's tons of customization.
Pram

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby Biles » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:26 pm

koraland Wrote:"also, serious question -- are gun upgrades dumb?
I hate wasting time and gamebucks upgrading stuff that I think I'll be trading in later on.. but.. some people seem to enjoy it.."

I personally don't like gun upgrades because when I come across a better gun I feel like I wasted my time upgrading it which then makes me hesitant to upgrade in the first place. btw the option wheel looks awesome as well as everything else and I'm looking forward to see how this project comes together!

Then wouldn't it make sense to increase the resell value of upgraded guns?
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby supersatanson » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:12 am

I really like all the detail on the movement and animations, and the overall feel!
I wish I had downloaded the swf before, since I'm away from home and I can't download many things, but for all I played before leaving, it's pretty awesome. Can't wait to get good internet to play it for real!
supersatanson

Postby Pram » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:04 pm

supersatanson Wrote:I really like all the detail on the movement and animations, and the overall feel!

Completely agree. Splatformer is my favorite game here, every animation feels like it really has -weight- to it you know. Too bad corta hasn't touched it in a while. Hopefully he'll get around to it eventually.
Pram

Postby narrowPath » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:13 pm

First of all, im here since 2009(or 10. Whatever. Nobody cares) as unregistered user, and you are the one of the most talented people who working with flash i've ever seen. Your project's always high quality, and im really impressed with it. Keep up your great work. ;)

corta Wrote:
there's a few frames of lag that happen when you use the melee attack or jump.
it's ruining my "game feel" and I've still got no idea what's causing it.

My guess it's your vCam (if it is vCam). Anyway, yeah, it's camera thingy. You can jump without freezes, but only if you do jump without camera moving.

One last thing. As i remember, somewhere, sometime, there was the list of characters(i can't find it), that you wanna add to game(and template), but you don't have time to draw them. I can do it. Just PM me(or post here) some of list, when you got time.
narrowPath
Newly Registered

Postby corta » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 pm

aint it funny that whenever I drop something into one of my threads, it's a different one that gets the posts.. :lol: :? :(

narrowPath Wrote:As i remember, somewhere, sometime, there was the list of characters(i can't find it), that you wanna add to game(and template), but you don't have time to draw them. I can do it. Just PM me(or post here) some of list, when you got time.

it's tacked onto the character template under "plans" aka. the section nobody else cares about.

it's hardly a 'vote' system and things aren't in any particular order..
but I can work with just about anything thrown my way :D

anything take your fancy?
OC and generic stuff is always welcome, too.

narrowPath Wrote:My guess it's your vCam (if it is vCam).

that makes sense.. it's been a while since I played with the "hard" parts of the script, though.. maybe I just hadnt noticed the lag frames for a long, long while..
you might have saved this project (after I'm done with otherSM, 'course.)
I was -thiiis- close to re-coding everything with 2.5d brawler controls. (I still might, but now I'm not forced into it.)

kind words

:oops: <3 :mrgreen:
I've created some sort of a scene.. I've no idea what it is, but it can't be anything good, can it..?

Biles Wrote:Then wouldn't it make sense to increase the resell value of upgraded guns?

I'd want to avoid making a whole barter system..
working with an "unlock" system, as opposed to an inventory is so much easier to deal with.

Allsop2604 Wrote:I hope you're resolve the programming issue as quickly and as stress-free as possible.

whenever there's a single problem I spend more than two solid days on, then it's usually time to play around with something else for a little while before coming back.
I'd go crazy if I didnt have all these whacky side-projects and vidya gamez..
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Nikag » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:15 pm

I always liked Samus...

Corta, do you know if sounds (like faping) are free to use after PlayShapes?
Nikag

Postby corta » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:29 am

Nikag Wrote:Corta, do you know if sounds (like faping) are free to use after PlayShapes?

yup, it's totally fine to use any of his stuff.
it's what he wanted.

really though,the audio that people like us use are all stolen from somewhere..
the only no-no I've found so far is pinching sounds from well-known big-name projects like SDT.
corta

Postby Pram » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:27 am

corta Wrote:well-known big-name projects like SDT.

Superdeepthroat? That thing hasn't updated since 2013.
Pram

Postby deathmeat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Is there a page like a gallery for the updates? I keep losing track of comments here (finally made an account, maybe that will make it easier) but I was wondering if there is a page for only updates more than menu and animation parts.
deathmeat
Newly Registered

Postby giga3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Hey Corta. You are doing awesome job with the Corta's platformer ;)... Are you going to make more scenes to the gallery? Please..... Something with Krystal ;)...
giga3
Newly Registered

Postby Digfree » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:53 pm

sorry cotta haven't visited this thread in a bit, are you making a new game around the zerg units?

Does this mean I might be able to make more units for you some point?
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby giga3 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Digfree Wrote:sorry cotta haven't visited this thread in a bit, are you making a new game around the zerg units?

Ow sorry, maybe I don't understand correctly. This was for me?
giga3
Newly Registered

Postby corta » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:20 am

Digfree Wrote:sorry cotta haven't visited this thread in a bit, are you making a new game around the zerg units?

I've already got more than I can deal with :oops:

honestly, this one is stuck in a bit of a rut.. I've gone through so many game ideas and I'm still undecided..
new plan is for a tower-offense / monster-box arena dealie, but it's still vidya-games time. (these divinity games go on quite a bit, don't they?)
also, it seem that people arent as bored with otherSM as I thought. I'll try and wrap that up quickly, first.

giga3 Wrote:Hey Corta. You are doing awesome job with the Corta's platformer ;)... Are you going to make more scenes to the gallery? Please..... Something with Krystal ;)...

new game, new stuff comin.

and I've really got to stop animating EVERYTHING like I did with ol' platty..
note to self: use screen wipes.

deathmeat Wrote:Is there a page like a gallery for the updates? I keep losing track of comments here (finally made an account, maybe that will make it easier) but I was wondering if there is a page for only updates more than menu and animation parts.

we really need a search option for "has attachments"
HEY RENNY!

Pram Wrote:
corta Wrote:well-known big-name projects like SDT.

Superdeepthroat? That thing hasn't updated since 2013.

it has.. fans.
corta

Postby Myuu » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:36 am

corta Wrote:I've gone through so many game ideas and I'm still undecided..

Who needs plot anyway!

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I'm sure everyone will settle for a simple dungeon/reward game.

Go to a dungeon -> Get the prize at the end -> Sell at a shop or something

But that would also imply that there'd be a currency system in the game.

...er, let me toss a quick plot at you.

Maybe the only way to get off the ship is via beacon to contact a passing vessel. So we go about getting Ridley's beacon (making use of what we already have) and set it up. Some time passes and, yay, someone comes! But... they want money. Money you don't have. So they ask for a huge amount and tell you to reactivate the beacon when you have the amount, or otherwise they'll leave the planet and never come back.

Anywho, with a new goal now in the game, you go off dungeon-crawling and doing what you must to get off the planet. Before all that however you talk to the chief, who gives you a home (among other things)... but wants you to pay rent. This will help to level off play-time.

Anywho, from there you can focus on dungeon-building for end-dungeon loot. You can set up a shot to sell said loot and either keep it or buy crap (armor, health, new costume, services(?) etc). Heck, you could use that bridge as a high point. Fixing/Finishing it would help advance some mysterious plot you've cooked up as it leads to a new land/territory... or expansion?

Or it could be a mad-ass dungeon (I regret nothing) with equally cool loot... and baddies >.>

Thus making buying things and the end-game closer!

...but that's just my two-cents for a 'let's not get in over our heads with plot there, FF13' plot >.>
Myuu

Postby corta » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 am

Myuu Wrote:Who needs plot anyway!

I gots plot fo' days.
we talkin' game.

basically, I wanna be able to get away with making levels that are either short boxes or repeating hallways.
the splatformer route had me working for weeks on a location that you'll just run past in 20 seconds..

the only real thing I've got to do is make the enemies a bit dumber, because right now it's impossible to fight against a 'swarm' of 'em.

..and I'll get to that when I've got all this other stuff out of the way. ;)
corta

Postby Pram » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Why not make it turn based with randomly generated dungeons like Xcom or Darkest Dungeon ?
Pram

Postby CloakNDagger » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm

corta Wrote:

I gots plot fo' days.
we talkin' game.

basically, I wanna be able to get away with making levels that are either short boxes or repeating hallways.
the splatformer route had me working for weeks on a location that you'll just run past in 20 seconds..

the only real thing I've got to do is make the enemies a bit dumber, because right now it's impossible to fight against a 'swarm' of 'em.

..and I'll get to that when I've got all this other stuff out of the way. ;)

Well, an easy solution would be to make them weak enough where a 'swarm' situation is not quite an 'insta-lose' scenario.
Anyway, where's the updates on this new project you're working on? Are they horribly lost in the previous posts? Think it might be wise for you to just make a separate thread for this game? Or has that been explained in the sea of messages that I'm too lazy to skim through? ^_^
CloakNDagger

Postby Digfree » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:28 pm

corta Wrote:

Simple solution to this is to add a panic bomb, like in a top down shooter. You hit a key to cause a large explosion around you either killing or stunning all enemies around you. Could have a long cool down or limited number. I can't imagine it would be overly hard to program/animate.

Or even simpler a panic shield that works a lot in the same way making you invincible, but only lasting long enough to either kill most of the swarm or escaping
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby brucevon » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:51 am

I can't open the full character template.fla I have adobe flash player and it's updated, but every time i open it, it keeps trying to make me re-download the file. i don't know what the problem is.
brucevon
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects