Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby napala » Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 am

Justbecause Wrote:Dont know what to do once i get to the Chief part, he wont show up, What do i do Corta or anyone that knows

Did you even read my post?
napala

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER -- SWaRM controls finally done?!

Postby KiWolfGirl » Mon May 25, 2015 7:01 pm

lol i was just about to say hasnt that question been answered numerous times here?
KiWolfGirl

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER -- SWaRM controls finally done?!

Postby napala » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 am

KiWolfGirl Wrote:question been answered

Zeus bless my signature.
napala

Postby corta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 am

It must be time for a little update, right?

I've been having some fun with the sprite sheet, there's LOADS of new stuff..

5 new warcraft girls, 3 new clothing layers, more coloured hairs, more bust sizes and plenty more that you probably wont actually notice.. but that's fine! :D

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 6.87 MiB | Viewed 2413 times ]

couldnt fit it in this weekend, but I feel like finally getting around to synching all the voices
.. we'll see how far I get with that.. there's SO MANY :shock:

also, we've come up to magical character number 69.
-- WHO SHALL IT BE ? --

KiWolfGirl Wrote:lol i was just about to say hasnt that question been answered numerous times here?

and you guys haven't even seen my mailbox. :?
I'd add it to the header post, but then I'd start to miss out on all this juicy community interaction. :P
and I need something to bump this thread while I'm working, huh?

it's about time, I guess. :?
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER -- SpriteSheet mini update.

Postby Nobudi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:33 am

Good God Corta.
I think this is more options than Xenoblade Chronicles X has for their character creation.

At this rate, you may wanna invest in a better UI.
Nobudi

Postby KiWolfGirl » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:13 am

Yay, tail and head accessory layers!
KiWolfGirl

Postby Valithan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:18 pm

also, we've come up to magical character number 69.
-- WHO SHALL IT BE ? --

I’d be in super favor of it being Chun-li (former queen of the internet prons) or that chick from Guardian Legend.

Once I find my pencils (that are suddenly missing -,-) I’ll get some sketches made to tries to helps out.
Valithan

Postby Myuu » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Valithan Wrote:I’d be in super favor of it being Chun-li (former queen of the internet prons) or that chick from Guardian Legend.

Once I find my pencils (that are suddenly missing -,-) I’ll get some sketches made to tries to helps out.

I may as well handle the backlog of character requests for Corta. As much as I have confidence in his ability to make characters, the more other people contribute/do things for him, the more time he can slave on code!

I'll pay attention to the 'plans -> requests' section and work my way on down.

The problem here is that Corta may need to invest in a better UI :0

Also, yay tails! Now I can work on proper anthro/furry characters... whenever those things happen.
Myuu

Postby Biles » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:58 pm

There was something slight off regarding the orc design and I just found out what it was. She's missing tusks. Also, I've come to think about clothing parts that shouldn't be separated, particularly when it comes to sleeves and pant legs. If an article of clothing covers more than one parts of a body (i.e. leggings that extends from the calf to the thigh) then perhaps they shouldn't be separated if the design is too integrated IMO. This could be something you could consider when you make your next overhaul update on the dress-up system.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Valithan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Here’s my Chun-li draft. While its a psd, I composed the image in Gimp, so I’m not sure how traceable it’s going to be. I did separate each item into a different layer, and while I couldn’t change the name of the layers (i can’t figure out how to get Gimp to ignore toolbox shortcuts to type stuff -,-) I tried to at least order the layers to match-up with the order they follow on the Spritesheet.

Lemme know if I need to change the file-type or whatnot so it can be the useful.

edit note: okay, raw .psd isn’t allowed for upload, so I’ll try posting as a zipped psd
Attachments
Chun_model.psd.zip
(349 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Valithan

Postby Anarchic Doktor » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Have you ever considered putting the characters into groups of 8 and making little tabs that would allow the player to access not only the characters they want but also the mess bit? Because if you make anymore characters, players would not be able to access said new characters. Not even full-screen mode can help. I didn't want to come off as rude, good sir. I am merely making a suggestion for any future updates.

One more thing! Are you still taking character suggestions?
Anarchic Doktor
Newly Registered

Postby corta » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:50 am

Valithan Wrote:Here's my Chun-li draft.

plenty of requests, but here's out winner -via CHEATING- :lol:
sorry lara/jill/pokemon fans, but I'm a sucker for easy work. :P
also, I guess she's earned it for being oldest.

Valithan Wrote:Lemme know if I need to change the file-type or whatnot so it can be the useful.

she's simple enough, should be fine.

Anarchic Doktor Wrote:Have you ever considered putting the characters into groups of 8 and making little tabs that would allow the player to access not only the characters they want but also the mess bit?

nope, never.
everyone has got different resolutions, and I get the impression that yours crops out part of the screen, right?
that's an HTML thing - the file has everything in view, try opening it in a tab or downloading it.

Anarchic Doktor Wrote:Not even full-screen mode can help.

I always use fullscreen and I can't see anything wrong ..what's the problem, here?
and I'm sure I've said it before, but all the in-game costumes are going to be presets, so don't worry too much about all the buttons.

Anarchic Doktor Wrote:One more thing! Are you still taking character suggestions?

there's a system:
If I like it, it goes on the list.
If I love it it gets done pretty quick.
and if neither it slowly get buried under the comments.

.. so, what'cha got? :)

Biles Wrote:She's missing tusks.

yeah, I know.
I -could- force them in, but it'd mean a new hovering sprite on the main timeline to make sure it moves with the mouth at all times.
..not worth the effort or the lag.

Biles Wrote:Also, I've come to think about clothing parts that shouldn't be separated

by design.
have a little look at how things have changed now that arms and hands got split, now I can make more unique gloves and not have to worry about every costume I'd ever want to make using those arms.
variety goes WAY up at the cost of a single click.
I think it's better.

Myuu Wrote:slave on code

..a- and tweens! :? :| :(

Myuu Wrote:The problem here is that Corta may need to invest in a better UI :0

it's meant to be functional, I'm not that worried about how it looks. that's why there's a gallery of disembodied floating hands! :P
I'm sure size is the main concern, though.. and using the full-screen is the only real option.

Myuu Wrote:Now I can work on proper anthro/furry characters... whenever those things happen.

I got krystal's face working.. that's a start .. right?
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Biles » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:44 am

corta Wrote:
Biles Wrote:She's missing tusks.

yeah, I know.
I -could- force them in, but it'd mean a new hovering sprite on the main timeline to make sure it moves with the mouth at all times.
..not worth the effort or the lag.

Well out of curiosity, are there extra accessories that are currently integrated into the jaw?
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Re: Character Template

Postby Tenebrys » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:40 pm

corta Wrote:
CORTA'S CHARACTER TEMPLATE

@corta : Just to let you know I have started the translation to AS3 :)

edit : a first release !
it's all about the left forearm... all the armors, skin colours, mess and mess colours. please tell me if you see something wrong :p

edit2 : new upload with some corrections. Now skin colour buttons are working.
I need to update Mermaid (unusual forearm) and Kerrigan (unusual skincolor)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template AS3 0.02.swf [ 174.62 KiB | Viewed 2345 times ]

It looks like the forum flash player is not loading the AS3 :/ O_o!
Or am I doing something wrong perhaps?
Last edited by Tenebrys on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tenebrys

Postby palandus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:52 am

Oh sweet, replies. I'll first go through the replies before adding my current comments for SWARM.

1) Hair Colors Changeable (although it does work in SWARM, so cool)
2) More Participants
-> Platformer being discontinued makes these a moot point now.

3) Accessories
-> Would still love a separate slot for the horns and the panty if possible (for SWARM)

4) Extra colors (Since Platformer is being discontinued, how about putting it in SWARM)
-> By show you, do you mean images, or would HTML color codes be sufficient (ie #000000 [Pure Black Color] on this webpage = http://html-color-codes.info/)
-> If it is by HTML Color Codes then... (If HTML codes are insufficient, I'll see about figuring out the RGB color values instead)
Hairs = 1) #FF0000 [Bright Red], 2) #FFFF00 [Bright Yellow], 3) #FACC2E [Golden Yellow], 4) #F2F5A9 [Platinum Yellow]
Skin = 1) ##FF0000 [Bright Red], 2) #886A08 [Dark Gold], 3) #B45F04 [Dark Orange], 4) #61210B [Dark Brown]
Lips = 1) ##FF0000 [Bright Red], 2) #000000 [Pure Black], 3) #F78181 [Dark Pink], 4) #0B610B [Forest Green]
Specific Eyes =
1) Demonic Solid Eye Color [http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/255/c/3/path_to_terror___diablo_3_contest_by_pertheseus-d6lzugj.jpg; the eyes of this Diablo picture are a solid color as a reference to what I mean]
2) Demonic Smoking Solid Eye Color [http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/File:Diablo_Head.jpg; the eyes of this Diablo picture are a solid color with wisps of smoke rising off of the eye as a reference to what I mean]
3) Demonic Speckled Solid Eye Color [https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.carthrottle.com/workspace/uploads/comments/975-54baed846b80c.jpg; the eyes of this Diablo picture are a solid color with little specks of a separate color throughout the eye as a reference to what I mean]

5) Other Stuff (Discontinue Platformer is Discontinued, nuff said)

6) Final Point
-> I do get what you are saying BUT having the good sexy bits as the failure states encourages a player to fail rather than succeed. Just like in CoC or TiTS. At least in CoC, the player can choose to rape their defeated foe and thus keep their own agency. However, rape steals a player's / character's agency.
-> For example, take the "rape" scene in Tomb Raider. Were people touching themselves while watching that (probably not as it was a stupid QTE and you were probably button mashing to get out of it)? It might have touched their hearts, but it didn't touch their hearts in a good way, and certainly not in the way the developer had intended for it to be taken as. That scene didn't really add to the game by being there... its not like Lara could be raped (she just dies in a myriad of horrible ways depending on which QTE you failed at); instead all it did was steal her agency as a tough badass and most fans thought it was tacked on.
-> Rape can yes be a powerful way to reach someone's heart... if done well. But when the whole point of the game is to get raped, it basically nullifies any potential benefit of providing an emotional effect for the player; desensitizes the act if you will.
-> If however, the player played the game as the rapist, rather than the raped, then the game would encourage the player to get the sex scenes by playing the game properly. That way the player would keep their agency and reinforce the idea that they are a badass.
-> The only kind of game I'd personally suggest rape as a failure state for would be a Stealth Game. As a stealth game is best done by stripping a player of their agency which thus encourages the player to remain stealthy (as they wouldn't think they could accomplish the game any other way) then I'd say rape as a failure state would be a great idea as it would help to reinforce your character's lack of agency.
-> Just my two cents. I think SWARM will be good irregardless of my rant... I'm just looking at it from a game design perspective is all. Anyway...

-----

Comments regarding SWARM:

1] 69th Character: (1 most preferred, 3 least)
1) SD Chan from SDT, 2) Lydia from Skyrim Blowjob or, Girl from Kaiju's Gloryhole Game

2] Bring back the Presets from Platformer = Demon, Drow, and High Elf

3] Will SWARM include the "Personalities" from Platformer? And if so, will it also have an effect on the emotions portrayed by the characters during sex?

4] Blush doesn't show up on Red Skin (as blush is red as well). Consider making blush brighter on reddish skin tones?

5] Cum Highlights; ie a darker color within each cum stain that makes it look for 3D rather than flat 2D? Something like SDT's Strand Shaders (except not strand shaders) or something like Zone's Cum?

6] Double Bar Nipple Piercing (Kneesocks Preset Nipple Piercing, where both nipples have a Bar piercing rather than just one nipple)

7] Bigger Loop Piercing (Eva Preset Nipple Piercing, where both Loops are about twice as big)

8] Should be Shoulder Pieces (So that some of these could be combined with pieces that fill up the whole upper Arm to make the upper arm look more filled up if a player so desired) = 1) Hellguard Preset Upper Arm, 2) Kerrigan Preset Upper Arm, 3) Roman Preset Upper Arm, 4) Rikimaru Preset Upper Arm, 5) Blood Elf Preset Upper Arm, 6) Orc Preset Upper Arm,

9] Bring back the Slave Wrist Shackles from Platformer (the New Slave Preset lacks them)... and maybe apply them to other forearms that might look good with them on.

10] Dark Elf Preset = Dunno if intentional or not, but the Acc 2 and Accessory both have a Black Panty in them, both for the Dark Elf Preset.

11] I see you got rid of the Demon Horns from Platformer. Maybe possible to re-add the Demon Fantasy Preset would be nice (as suggested above, but suggesting again, as the Horns do not exist anymore... or the wrist shackles)

Hmm... I think that's enough suggestion overkill for now... I'll probably mention more later.
Cheers!

PS: What is SWARM going to play like anyway?
palandus

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 pm

palandus Wrote:6) Final Point
However, rape steals a player's / character's agency.

In no way even remotely a downside; I'm here to watch alien monsters gangbang whatver the player character is.

palandus Wrote:But when the whole point of the game is to get raped, it basically nullifies any potential benefit of providing an emotional effect for the player; desensitizes the act if you will.

Objectively incorrect; the player-subservient scenes remain enjoyable whether there are options for the player to be dominant or not.

palandus Wrote:irregardless

Regardless.
Lucky777

Postby palandus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Interesting... so irregardless isn't a word. Thanks for pointing that out; learned something new today. Cheers!
palandus

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:53 pm

*Thumbs up*
Lucky777

Postby KiWolfGirl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 am

Yeah i have to say I much prefer being the receiving end in these games and it somehow makes it more rewarding when its as a result of being attacked by an enemy, just like cortas first game.
KiWolfGirl

Postby Tenebrys » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:30 pm

I think the left forearm is complete now.
There are the skin textures, skin colours, underwears, accessories, clothes/armors.

edit : add of the left upper arm and the left hand fist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_u1ay ... sp=sharing
Tenebrys

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects