Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:33 pm

happy weekend -- those voices sure won't stop, eh?

oh yes, it's been lip-synch time!
..and there's so, so many..

I'm about half-way into voice 3's talkies and there's -some- way to go.
(template update when it's done)
and that means it's new preview time!

have a play with chun and a few more coloured hairs (had to convert all of them over to the new colour-mask system, so look out for anything goin' on there.)

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 6.92 MiB | Viewed 3918 times ]

full-screen recommended, btw.

## whups, chun's neck doesnt change colour -- I"m on it.

Tenebrys Wrote:I think the left forearm is complete now.
There are the skin textures, skin colours, underwears, accessories, clothes/armors.

I really should check in more often..
love what you're up to and I'll try and get the next full release out for you soon.

'till then, hope you've got enough prep-work on the old version to keep you busy. (I'm sorry) :|

KiWolfGirl Wrote:Yeah i have to say I much prefer being the receiving end in these games and it somehow makes it more rewarding when its as a result of being attacked by an enemy, just like cortas first game.

hopefully I can deliver on that, but I also I wanna try and work in some 'fun' rapes that arent just game over screens..
I'll explain more once I've got the sex-dungeon fully worked out. :)

palandus Wrote:1) Hair Colors Changeable (although it does work in SWARM, so cool)

did it.

palandus Wrote:3) Accessories
-> Would still love a separate slot for the horns and the panty if possible (for SWARM)

did it, already.
acc 1 has become an 'armor spares' slot, it'll be part of main costumes.
..panties live there.

palandus Wrote:4) Extra colors

I wanted entire pallets, and the colours you gave were WAY too neon to look right.
..but, I went ahead and made most of it, anyways. (I really don't ask for much, do I? :lol: )

palandus Wrote:Skin, Lips

I have to paint those by hand, ain't making those quite so willy-nilly. :?

palandus Wrote:Specific Eye

solid? you've got it. they've taken over the 'orb/gem' eye set.

palandus Wrote:Smoking Eye

nuh.

palandus Wrote:Demonic Speckled Eye

wh-? ..nah.
won't look good.

palandus Wrote:rape steals a player's / character's agency.

that's the idea.
or, it -was- the idea in the splatformer.

I'm trying to branch out now, anyways.

palandus Wrote:But when the whole point of the game is to get raped, it basically nullifies any potential benefit of providing an emotional effect for the player; desensitizes the act if you will.

that's the thing, the whole idea was to 'beat the game' and the sexy stuff was failure state.
that's the failing of my old game design.

I tried to move the focus over to the animated cutscenes, but they were getting too troublesome with the 'fully animated' style I went for.

in swarm, I'm gonna try and make the best stuff happen as a reward, rather than a punishment.
..but, game-over-rapes aren't going anywhere. ;)

palandus Wrote: Will SWARM include the "Personalities" from Platformer? And if so, will it also have an effect on the emotions portrayed by the characters during sex?

it'll change the faces you make.
tough girls act angry and dominant, where as nice girls will look happier and even roll their eyes back, confident girls will look -you guessed it- confident, more reserved and graceful.

..still easier than writing 3 scripts, like I planned to last time.

palandus Wrote:Blush doesn't show up on Red Skin (as blush is red as well). Consider making blush brighter on reddish skin tones?

I can't do much that wont break it for every other tone,
it's the same colour for all of them, I'll need more than a slight nitpick one one skin to make it worth it.

palandus Wrote:Cum Highlights

it used to .. and I've been meaning to bring it back in.
one of these days. probably whenever I get cum layers for hands.

Biles Wrote:
corta Wrote:
Biles Wrote:She's missing tusks.

yeah, I know.
I -could- force them in, but it'd mean a new hovering sprite on the main timeline to make sure it moves with the mouth at all times.
..not worth the effort or the lag.

Well out of curiosity, are there extra accessories that are currently integrated into the jaw?

there are, but they're either on the jaw (under the head) or floating over the jaw on the head layer (that don't move with the mouth)

looks easy, I know. but it'd be a big fix for such a little thing. :(
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER -- SpriteSheet mini update.

Postby palandus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks for the replies and the additions, Corta. Some responses:

1) Panties
Panties also lives in Acc. 2 :)
-> Click on Samus (slot 1) to get an empty body, and click on each slot individually for the Dark Elf.
-> Unless you already knew that :S
-> Also, was wondering if they could get made in different colors... (a red one, a blue one, a white one, and maybe a pink one)

2) Colors
-> Too neon? That is a first. Not quite sure what that means in the context of our discussion. To me, Neon, means something that glows radiantly and emits light. ie = https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3150/2287 ... 01db_b.jpg (All of these letters are radiant and emitting light).
-> Well... thanks for adding in some of the colors at least.
-> If possible do you think you could add the Blood Elf's base Blonde Yellow color to the pallet? It is quite golden blonde... and different from the other yellows currently available on the pallets.

3) Skin / Lips
-> Ahh didn't know that you'd have to FULLY redraw them.
-> I figured they were made from a base image where there were layers of shadowing and the base image was the body or lips, and thus could just easily swap out the colors of the base body.

4) Solid Eyes
-> Not quite what I had in mind, but it works.
-> What I had in mind was the entire eye a single color, rather than an eye with a slightly off-color iris in it. Possibly not possible I guess?

5) Speckled / Smoking Eyes
-> Yah, I agree they wouldn't work either. Too much work for such a small detail.

6) Blush
-> Fair Point.
-> Could just say that Demons can't blush. Like Vampires.

7) Cum Highlights
-> Well if you can implement it, it would look great. Help to add some dimension to it.

8) Agency Discussion
-> Oh. It was intentional. Hmmm. I suppose that does make sense.

9) Demon - Fantasy Preset
-> Still would love to see it come back. Had a variety of clothing and accessories that aren't found on any of the other presets.

Keep up the great work, Corta.
palandus

Postby KiWolfGirl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:42 am

corta Wrote:
KiWolfGirl Wrote:Yeah i have to say I much prefer being the receiving end in these games and it somehow makes it more rewarding when its as a result of being attacked by an enemy, just like cortas first game.

hopefully I can deliver on that, but I also I wanna try and work in some 'fun' rapes that arent just game over screens..
I'll explain more once I've got the sex-dungeon fully worked out. :)

How were they going to work in your first game? I assume you never lost because it never got quite out of testing. Just to clarify I dont mean game over rape I mean just treating it as another enemy attack, as long as you have enough health it doesn't kill you.
KiWolfGirl

Postby White_Lighting » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Your work always impresses me. I can't wait to see the completed product. Keep up the great work.
White_Lighting

Postby RubyFuta » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 pm

I cant wait for either swarm, or cortasplatformer to be finished
RubyFuta
Newly Registered

Postby Tenebrys » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:05 pm

corta Wrote:I really should check in more often..
love what you're up to and I'll try and get the next full release out for you soon.

'till then, hope you've got enough prep-work on the old version to keep you busy. (I'm sorry) :|

Don't worry, there are many work left ^^
new release :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_u1ay ... sp=sharing

After the migration will be ended, what about we create an animations database for the characters moves. I'm sure it would be very helpful for every one :P
Tenebrys

Postby Tenebrys » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 pm

I have done some progresses !
DL link : http://www.sexpalace.gs/Cdjwt
for the next release I'm going to adjust some details with the body, work on the tails and play with a lot of boobs XD <3
Tenebrys

Postby king-cj - papa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:05 am

liked game , I kind of free style improvised a plot for my play through , was fun , turned my character into a like intersteller romanish crusader that got fucced over and marooned on ravonus planet where she became like monster cum queen until at end she fuccs aliens underground and cops a small ship to escape .. shit was exxxcelent
king-cj - papa
Newly Registered

Postby John Doe » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:10 am

are there other kinds of games like this where when you die the enemy fucks you?
John Doe
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:14 am

John Doe Wrote:are there other kinds of games like this where when you die the enemy fucks you?

When you die, life fucks you.

Now seriously, search for "Game over rape" and "run or rape" games.

I would recommend you Kurovadis, Legend of Twin Orbs, MitsukoX Space Escape, and obviously, Corta's Platformer. :P
napala

Postby KiWolfGirl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:56 am

also check ULMF they have a whole section related to h-games.
KiWolfGirl

Postby stuffstuffs » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:36 am

John Doe Wrote:are there other kinds of games like this where when you die the enemy fucks you?

If you google "List of Sprite Sex Based Games" and click the ULMF link, you'll get a full list that's updated every now and then with more and more stuff. I'm talkin' like at least a 100. The Splatformer's even listed on it.
stuffstuffs
Newly Registered

Postby tantaluss » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:34 pm

It's nice to see these updates and great that there's lots of customisation options, but I'd prefer if the focus was on levels and enemies. Not that I don't appreciate you doing all this, it's really great, I just think that if people want specific character models then they should probably make them themselves, to allow you to focus on the game itself.
tantaluss

Postby DownAbbeyRoad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Do you have some sort of Patreon or Donation page? I would love to see this project continued, sooooo many reasons to go Blind :) But a cause worth supporting
DownAbbeyRoad
Newly Registered

Postby corta » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:24 am

hia bois things are happening (slowly)

with a full house, I've been stuck playing around with the PG stuff.. so, I've been building some maps ;)

and for some reason, I started with level 2. the tunnels!

swarm map - tunnels.png

in here, you'll be fighting your way though mobs of levirants. and maybe you can fight a massive one at the end. whatever.
levels will have you fight through these rooms in a semi-generated "run" format. (replayability, yay!)
I've still got to make some variants (or it'll get boring pretty fast) but I'm sure you get the idea. :D

other than that, dialogue boxes are done and I've been working on a code for NPCs and player on the screen at the same time. exciting, I know.. :D

Tenebrys Wrote:Don't worry, there are many work left ^^

I know I've kept you waiting, but I'll get the new template out soon. :oops:

tantaluss Wrote:I'd prefer if the focus was on levels and enemies.

it happens so slowly -- things get in the way and you start thinking you've only got enough time for the little stuff.
..I really miss being neet.
I'm in charge of kicking me, and I've been slacking off. :?

DownAbbeyRoad Wrote:Do you have some sort of Patreon or Donation page?

there's a few reasons why I'm on the fence..
one, I probably couldnt keep up with demand and I'd feel guilty about it.
and two, I'd be too tempted to quit my career if I ever made enough net-bux. fun with a chance of homeless in 5 years!

in short: :|
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Nobudi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:08 am

\(-ㅂ-)/
Things are happening~!
Praise corta
Nobudi

Postby tantaluss » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks for the response and the update. It's great to see you working on levels, don't be so down on yourself. I posted that message because I was worried you were spending all your time creating custom models for people that they could make themselves and submit to you, but it looks like you've actually done a lot of work on the levels. Thanks for clearing that up and for keeping us updated on the progress.
tantaluss

Postby VOLTzz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Corta, didn't you used to have two variants of the zero suit? One where the chest area wasn't there exposing her bewbs and there was an option to chose which one you wanted. Also i think i recall another version the of the pirate zero suit where instead of the varia style feet she had the zero feet. Also i'd like to add keep up with the great work. I've been following this game for such a long time and i like to see updates and a new game!! I finally made an account to show my support of your ongoing progress.
VOLTzz
Newly Registered

Postby Emily21 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:20 pm

One of my first hentai games I've played. Pretty good :)
Emily21

Postby DownAbbeyRoad » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Super thanks for the reply, honestly wasn't expecting one and any progress being made is still progress to me so it's all good to hear xD
DownAbbeyRoad
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects