Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER -- SpriteSheet mini update.

Postby FzySideUp » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:56 am

It's been over a year since the last update :/ I've been waiting soooo long! Good work though!
FzySideUp
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:37 am

The splatformer is being scrapped while I work on SWaRM
napala

Postby FzySideUp » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:40 am

TL;DR Can someone give me a synopsis of what's going with SWaRM?
FzySideUp
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:41 pm

FzySideUp Wrote:TL;DR Can someone give me a synopsis of what's going with SWaRM?

If I'm not mistaken, Corta is working on a new game based on the Platformer, but with a new and improved engine, with classes and stats.

Here's the last release of SWaRM (mind you, it's only an engine test, not even a game):

download/file.php?id=22112&cache=1

Work at this point is kinda slow but steady.
napala

Postby palandus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Hey Corta,

Is this still being worked on? Been over a month, almost 2 months since last post, which was working on environments!
palandus

Postby KiWolfGirl » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:16 am

^ These are the worst kinds of posts to see when you get an email about a new post on a thread you watch
KiWolfGirl

Postby warcrusherr » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:22 am

so it's been 1/4 of a year..... you still alive or what corta? i really wish you'd comment more just so we know your still around.
warcrusherr
Newly Registered

Postby SemIdeia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Good evening fellow gamers and developers. I know this may sound like a noobish question but since my flash player doesn't open at all I was wondering: is there a command do make the browse-uploaded version of the game open in fullscreen? Thanks for reading and even more thanks if an answer comes :D
SemIdeia

Postby napala » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:47 am

SemIdeia Wrote:Good evening fellow gamers and developers. I know this may sound like a noobish question but since my flash player doesn't open at all I was wondering: is there a command do make the browse-uploaded version of the game open in fullscreen? Thanks for reading and even more thanks if an answer comes :D

Try with dragging the link of the game to your url bar, then make your browser go fullscreen (F11)
napala

Postby SemIdeia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:42 am

Apalapan Wrote:
SemIdeia Wrote:Good evening fellow gamers and developers. I know this may sound like a noobish question but since my flash player doesn't open at all I was wondering: is there a command do make the browse-uploaded version of the game open in fullscreen? Thanks for reading and even more thanks if an answer comes :D

Try with dragging the link of the game to your url bar, then make your browser go fullscreen (F11)

Thank you for the assistance. Tried on the Google Crhome and I.E., but no success. So my best shot would be to get my flash player back to work, right?
SemIdeia

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Should be able to just right click the link, download the .swf, right click the .swf, "open with" your internet browser, and fullscreen that.
Lucky777

Postby rrai2008 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:00 am

You can also view source if the above doesnt work
rrai2008

Postby SemIdeia » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:27 am

Good morning everyone!! Writting here in order to ask: How is the "SWaRM" game going? Any developers' page that I might access? Any progress?

By the way, great work so far Corta, really well done.
SemIdeia

Postby VirusWar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Greetings, I know that I should have probably read the comments before posting but there are 111 pages of them, so bear(grills) with me. I've found this game, and tried to play it, everything working fine, but I noticed that I have really slow gameplay, like everything is in slow-motion. I need to hold, example, right movement key (D) for around 4 seconds to get my character get out of the speeding up animation and start running, and it feels REALLY slow, like moving through jell of something like that. This is the only game that showed this kind of problems, all the other flash games i tested worked fine. I dont know if this is maybe due to the coding, cause I read this game production is paused due to making of the game "SWaRM", and it's just like this in this stage of development?
Is this only me or did this happen to anyone else?
This is a 2D flash game, so I dont think specs matter that much, but here they are: AMD Athlon x2 250 3.0Ghz, 6GB RAM, R7 260X 2GB DDR5.
Is there something I could do to speed it up? Or make it run smooth...

Thank you, whoever is making these games, awesome job!
VirusWar
Newly Registered

Postby KiWolfGirl » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:31 am

I think it has to do with the fact there's just so much level loaded at once. I believe each section is loaded in its entirety and even though its not on the screen, flash is still processing it. I also get very slow performance when playing the game.
KiWolfGirl

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:12 am

I've had success downloading the game and then just shrinking the window I play it in rather than full-screening it.
Maybe interfering with the quality setting would help too but I don't remember if this was one of those games you could change that in.
Been a while.

I seem to remember something about "Hardware acceleration" affecting game performance, though it seemed like enabling it made the games run better for some
And worse for others.

I never got that shit entirely figured out though, so that's gonna be the end of my questionably useful attempts to help.
Lucky777

Postby Arilou » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:09 am

This game is very exciting, how can we help to continue it?
Arilou
Newly Registered

Postby tantaluss » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:10 am

Bit of a shameless bump, but this thread had disappeared off the front page since Corta is back, I thought it was worth a shot to get an update.
tantaluss

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 am

tantaluss Wrote:Bit of a shameless bump, I thought it was worth a shot to get an update.

th- .. they do care.. :cry:

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 7.01 MiB | Viewed 2946 times ]

some new stuff, but most of it is technical behind-the-scenes stuff.
Fixed a lot of voice stuff to work with mouths so I can inject more EMOSHUNS.
biggest thing was getting the 'multiples' working, so I can have more than one character on screen at a time. (check the "mults" button, top right.)
works.. 90%. but, there's another couple hundred lines of code I've got the change from "name" to "namealt1" "namealt2" etc.
naturally, that's when you drop everything to do some other nonsense .. right?

as for "lol, didnt work" :
I can't port AS2 to mobiles (I'm still thinking of making a mobile-styled game, but being stuck with PC power is probably a blessing)
I still refuse to learn AS3.
I can't port the template into unity.
..and I'm not instantly great at SFM, so it isn't any fun for me. :|
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:47 am

I'm curious, if we were to make something like this character template using 3D graphics, is that something people would be able to contribute to or even able to use? Flash can do 3D graphics, but it's not the best and probably requires AS3. Artistically, there is a lot more you can do with a 3D graphic, but you'd be limited to people who know how make 3D art and program 3D games.
AcetheSuperVillain

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects