Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/18) - HIATUS

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: MiM 'Mim Ae version' (XXX) 1.6q

Postby Biles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm back kinda. I've been caught up with some other stuff. LOL all it takes is one day for me to take a break in monitoring the process and already I'm far behind XD. In anycase, redoing Peach will be an interesting challenge. Aside from optimizing and redesigning her somewhat, I'd also like if we can take the opportunity first to see if we can better implement the mechanics of her animation further, this includes a better way of being able to add article of clothing on her and especially head gear because of her volume of hair. Playshapes' original clothing might be the culprit though when it comes to a number of curves or anchor points for decreasing performance.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Biles Wrote:Redoing Peach will be an interesting challenge.

Interesting and lovely to her and the players ;) She will have a much more cute face for our imagination. And a more innocent face. The best of all: its compatible with her entire body, with the same proportion.

Biles Wrote: I'd also like if we can take the opportunity first to see if we can better implement the mechanics of her animation further, this includes a better way of being able to add article of clothing on her and especially head gear because of her volume of hair

You say, jumping, walking, swimming? I dont see any problem with them (btw, this week I will be implementing the animations you did). For about a better way to add articles, you say, in the developer's view? the problem adding new clothing is that we need to create a new clothing part to every part, left/backside/frontside (3x the amount of parts). There is no way to optimize these more because each pose is a different one. Its not possible to use, for example, the same side body to the frontside view (it will be weird). But again, we dont need to re-do all her clothing right now. Maybe only her dress (skirt, vest and shoulder).

Biles Wrote:Playshapes' original clothing might be the culprit though when it comes to a number of curves or anchor points for decreasing performance

You bet! Almost 1500 curves just for her skirt. :evil:
Ivan-Aedler

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't know. I like the original Peach face. Maybe make it an option to change the face.
MPLDAM9919

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm

MPLDAM9919 Wrote:I don't know. I like the original Peach face. Maybe make it an option to change the face.

It could be! No problem! Anyway, this priority (new Peach face) will only be raised up further is that's a really 'must' add-on.

Oh! Another advantage of using Pen tool 100% of the time: in almost all images you create, if you try to optimize it, no matter what settings you choose (smooth curves, of a 100% optimization power), it will fail. Why? Because yours is already ultra optimized ;)
PS: Hmm actually I can optimize it further (manually). Each circle is made using 4 curves, not 8 (8x3=24). Ignore the white circle. Its an object.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

advantages of using pen.jpg
advantages of using pen.jpg (16.56 KiB) Viewed 4477 times

Ok!!! This is even better.
LESSON: Don't create circles using the own flash ELLIPSE tool. REUSE your circles (save them), cutting out four vertices, then adjust its bezier curves. It will not be a PERFECT circle, but a convincing one (90% circle).

advantages of using pen2.jpg
advantages of using pen2.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 4475 times

I decided to optimize the spine too. From 87 to 15 curves.

spines - 87 to 15 curves.jpg
spines - 87 to 15 curves.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 4472 times

Next victim: LAVA (183 curves). I'm remaking it now, from scratch (before and after)

lava.jpg
lava.jpg (11.88 KiB) Viewed 4471 times

lava2.jpg

Puff, enough ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Now, Ivan. You are an amazing coder and a rather skilled artist.
However, I'll think you agree that your writing skills are rather... lacking. It's clear what you wrote and what you copied from the game itself. :lol:
Therefore, I took the liberty to rewrite the text for 9-1.
P= Peach
T= TEC-XXX

Peach wakes up in "her" room:
P:"What happened? Wait a second... This room seems familiar."

Peach goes to the bathroom. When she enters it, she says:
P:"I remember! This is the room I was held in when those X-Nauts kidnapped me."

When Peach checks to the bath:
P:"Shall I take a quick rinse, for old time's sake?"
Then the option "yes" or "no".

Remove the camera dialog in the bathroom with TEC. It kills the surprise factor. Keep the camera though.

When she comes back and walks towards the right door it opens. Peach says:
P:"Huh?! The door opened? It... it couldn't be?!"

Remove the X-Nauts in the room towards TEC. Kills the ambiance and if they'd see Peach they'd bring her back to her room.

Upon entering TEC's Room, here's the dialog:
P: "TEC! It is you! I thought you were erased!"
T: "I was Princess Peach. I got reformatted and received an upgrade. I'm now TEC-XXX. But you can still call me TEC."
P: "But how do you remember me? Didn't they erase your knowledge of me?"
T: "I secured all details about you in a hidden database before my erasure. But I did not call you here for small talk. I need you to go to the concoctionator room again."
P: "Why is that?"
T: "You'll need to become invisible and enter Sir Grodus' room again. There's some info he hasn't entered into my system yet."
P: "Okay. How do I get there?"
T: "Just like last time. Take the elevator up and await further instructions there."
P: "Okay TEC."

Once Peach approaches the door again.:
P: "You're still a weird computer TEC."

Then she leaves.

After she's taken the elevator up: (Or once she gets there)
T: "Go to the second room on your left upon leaving the elevator. It's the room with the green light above it."

Inside the room:
P: "Do I have to make an invisibility potion again, TEC?"
T: "Yes. The room has changed a bit since last time, so you'll have to refigure it out again. Pick up the bottles with X then places them into the room by pressing 'up'. When all screens show the word "correct", (will this part change?) press the rightmost red button. Only drink it if you're absolutely sure. Some "odd" effects can happen if you mix up the order."

Upon finishing the potion:
T: "Are you sure this is correct, Princess Peach?"
Option "yes" or "no".

Upon no:
T: "Then take out the bottles and reset them."

Upon yes:
T: "Then please drink it."
Effect will happen.

If Peach gets any other effect:
P:"What happened?! I feel strange. What do I do now, TEC?"
T: "You'll need to wait it out Princess. Or you must do something else to get rid of it. Once you're back to normal, please return to this room." (This allows Peach free movement except for Grodus' room. She can find X-Nauts to fuck to get rid of some effects. The effects are currently being discussed by Asian and me via PM.)
If Peach turns invisible:
P: "Oh! I think I did it, TEC."
T: "Good. Now please take off your clothes."

Maybe I'll write different dialog depending on Peach's "slut level". For now let's go with embarassed:
P: "What?! Oh... right. I remember. My clothes don't turn invisible, right?"
T: "Correct. Please take them off quickly, the effect only lasts a short time."
P: "But last time I just had to take a potion."
T: "The concoction has changed since last time. Now hurry."

Peach takes off her clothes. Afterwards:
P: "Can you see me now, TEC?"
T: "No. You are completely invisible. Please exit the room and go right. At the end of the hallway is Sir Grodus' room."

I'll finish the rest once you've finished the level.
I'll also rewrite various sex texts if you'll let me.
QuizmasterBos

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Lets hope those new faces wont turn into another Sakyubasu incident...A lot of people complained about new face art hahaha. I think the new ones are a bit creepy...espcially if you have them next to another person with the older version... It's like "Did Peach get dropped when she was little?" On and off button for the new faces would be good...
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 pm

AsianP3rsuas10n Wrote:Lets hope those new faces wont turn into another Sakyubasu incident...A lot of people complained about new face art hahaha. I think the new ones are a bit creepy...espcially if you have them next to another person with the older version... It's like "Did Peach get dropped when she was little?" On and off button for the new faces would be good...

It will depend on me, Biles and/or a designer who knows what he will be doing :twisted: Yes, If I design the face, it will have an Classic/Peachy button. But really, I need more feedback. As for a 'creepy face', I think this feeling is due to the fact I've not scaled her face well. Its just for illustration, anyway.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:However, I'll think you agree that your writing skills are rather... lacking. It's clear what you wrote and what you copied from the game itself. :lol:

Well, I really wanted to maintain the same feeling of that game. I've copied those on purpose. But, yes, yes, we can do better. A more and unique style. So I appreciate your writings! I will analyse your text and I can apply them right away. Anyone agrees?

As for the rocky bricks, I tried to make like the left (tiled), but they dont tile correctly. I've only got the 'only column of rocks' version. Okay to that? Then I would change them. I've reduced it from 302 (left) to 42 curves (each of the three figures on the right). So, it will need 8 of these figures to exceed 302 curves. 80% savings!

grey rocks fail.jpg
grey rocks fail.jpg (17.34 KiB) Viewed 4442 times
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 pm

ivanaedler Wrote:
Well, I really wanted to maintain the same feeling of that game. I've copied those on purpose. But, yes, yes, we can do better. A more and unique style. Then I'll appreciate your writings! I will analyse your text and I can apply them right away. Anyone agrees?

grey rocks fail.jpg

I agree.

Also, is there an animation where Peach puts her clothes BACK ON after she puts the disk in the computer? And maybe a way to play any level without playing the whole game agian so people can see the updates?
MPLDAM9919

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

MPLDAM9919 Wrote:Also, is there an animation where Peach puts her clothes BACK ON after she puts the disk in the computer?

Well, she can do that when she takes a given powerup, unlike Mario games.I'm just imagining here...Peach making that at every powerup, in normal levels (putting the frog suit on, etc). It may be interesting, or not. As for x-naut level, at this stage, Peach is not able to dress again because her clothes have been locked up in the locker (you will notice that if you go back to the laboratory). I may even add a puzzle (make her find a new key).

MPLDAM9919 Wrote: And maybe a way to play any level without playing the whole game agian so people can see the updates?

Eureka! I can do that. I will create a load/save game window in a way people can at least retain the last level played. In this same window, it will appear a direct way to access the level (a table: world1, world2, world3, then a list of playable levels in blue). But as for score points, horny bar, current powerup, I will do that later.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I think I've maintained the same feeling the original game had overall. I tried at least.
If anyone thinks I can improve some parts, just say it!
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:53 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:T: "The concoction has changed since last time. Now hurry."

I prefer not to mention that, as Peach will discover it won't last, then TEC-XXX will say: 'huh...well I dont know why it didnt work as expected'. And Peach will be even more surprised (and embarrassed).

As for the bricks, I'm here thinking...... hmmmm... why not have them UPWARDS/ facing straight UP? Its better to tile this way.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 pm

ivanaedler Wrote:
MPLDAM9919 Wrote:Also, is there an animation where Peach puts her clothes BACK ON after she puts the disk in the computer?

Well, she can do that when she takes a given powerup, unlike Mario games.I'm just imagining here...Peach making that at every powerup, in normal levels (putting the frog suit on, etc). It may be interesting, or not. As for x-naut level, at this stage, Peach is not able to dress again because her clothes have been locked up in the locker (you will notice that if you go back to the laboratory). I may even add a puzzle (make her find a new key).

Peach: OH NO! I can't open the locker that has my dress and earings!
TEC-XXX: I forgot to tell you, the lab has a high-tech lockers. You'll need a key to open it.
Peach: Where could I find said key?
TEC-XXX: All keys for the lab lockers are with Lord Crump. The best way to get one is if you offer him sexual intercourse.
Peach: Wait...YOU WANT ME TO FUCK HIM?!? NO WAY!!!! .....still. I guess I could find another way.
TEC-XXX: It's always good to have options. But don't give your hopes up.
MPLDAM9919

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 pm

MPLDAM9919 Wrote:Peach: OH NO! I can't open the locker that has my dress and earings!
TEC-XXX: I forgot to tell you, the lab has a high-tech lockers. You'll need a key to open it.
Peach: Where could I find said key?
TEC-XXX: All keys for the lab lockers are with Lord Crump. The best way to get one is if you offer him sexual intercourse.
Peach: Wait...YOU WANT ME TO FUCK HIM?!? NO WAY!!!! .....still. I guess I could find another way.
TEC-XXX: It's always good to have options. But don't give your hopes up.

Hmmm interesting.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Biles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 pm

ivanaedler Wrote:You say, jumping, walking, swimming? I dont see any problem with them (btw, this week I will be implementing the animations you did). For about a better way to add articles, you say, in the developer's view?

No it's not those animations I'm concerned about, it's Peach's head that I'm more focused on. I'm considering that all the eye pieces should be consolidated into a single symbol and that other eye expressions should be made separate rather than trying to symbolize individual pieces to be shared by other eye expressions. As for her hair, maybe we should start treating her entire hairdo (ponytail included) like a headgear just like the others so it's easier to swap. Ideally, I want to know if it's possible to animate Peach's side view of her mouth without having to split up her cranium for the process such that it is currently right now. At least this way, if an MC includes Peach's both angle and side view head, it makes it easier to swap between angle and side view heads. Don't take me the wrong way, it looks good, but as this game is getting bigger, boosting the game's performance in any ways possible will be taking a much more higher priority than aesthetic graphical designs. And finally, we need to better organize the library. Those are my 2¢.

ivanaedler Wrote:PS: Hmm actually I can optimize it further (manually). Each circle is made using 4 curves, not 8 (8x3=24). Ignore the white circle. Its an object.

Leave it up to Adobe for not efficiently writing the Flash program better. :/

ivanaedler Wrote:As for the rocky bricks, I tried to make like the left (tiled), but they dont tile correctly. I've only got the 'only column of rocks' version. Okay to that? Then I would change them. I've reduced it from 302 (left) to 42 curves (each of the three figures on the right). So, it will need 8 of these figures to exceed 302 curves. 80% savings!

grey rocks fail.jpg

Say I was wondering how to get the tiling function to work in Flash seeing that we're likely gonna have to use that method eventually. As for not tiling correctly, You're just tiling that brick individually and intact. The tile template has to be designed differently to have the effect you want. Unless of course Adobe has a way of offsetting and shifting tile designs in way that Macromedia did with Freehand.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm

ivanaedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:T: "The concoction has changed since last time. Now hurry."

I prefer not to mention that, as Peach will discover it won't last, then TEC-XXX will say: 'huh...well I dont know why it didnt work as expected'. And Peach will be even more surprised (and embarrassed).

Alright, just change the line a bit and move it to when Peach loses her invisibility:
P: "Huh?! I am visible again?!"
T: "It seems the effects changed a bit since last time. And I have bad news: Guards just arrived in the hallway."
P: How will I escape now?
T: "I have no idea. The rooms have altered since last time. The complete floor plans haven't been added to my database yet."
P: "So it looks like I'll need to find a way to escape myself, huh?"

How about that?

Actually, this might work because Peach can decide to go out and fuck the guards or find a way out of the room in a different manner.
If you fuck enemies, TEC will like it and might ask Peach to come to his room and please him or else he's going to lock her up (or something, haven't given it much thought yet).

I'll write up a slight change later. Don't insert the lines just yet, okay?
QuizmasterBos

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Geez, is anyone else getting all these 500 internal errors? Its annoying as hell.
Anyways, I managed to do the flower, though I'm not quite happy with it. Whaddya think?
I did what you said and made a separate layer for each petal and then combining them into one. I'm not sure if it looked better before I optimized it or after.

P.S it needs shadowing before it will look right I know.

flower.png
flower.png

Oh and I'd like you guys to see something when you get the chance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axzmUN90i7M
This here is Brush art to the extreme. Now if anyone can do this, I will pay you because this is freakin amazing. Takes forever but completely awesome.
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby Biles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Not bad on the flower bit but given the thickness of the outline of the original design, I say your best bet is to create a solid dark green silhouette of the flower and then draw in the shapes that make up the flower. The white part of the flower doesn't need to be changed at all.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 pm

These things will be added in or be rewritten. First is the old line, then the changed line.

T: "I secured all details about you in a hidden database before my erasure. But I did not call you here for small talk. I need you to go to the concoctionator room again."
T: "You'll need to become invisible and enter Sir Grodus' room again. There's some info he hasn't entered into my system yet."

T: "You'll need to become invisible and enter Sir Grodus' room one more time. There's some info he hasn't entered into my system yet."
Reason: The word again is repeated and doesn't sound as good. I've used a synonym instead.

T: "Correct. Please take them off quickly, the effect only lasts a short time."
P: "But last time I just had to take a potion."
T: "The concoction has changed since last time. Now hurry."

T: "Correct. Please take them off quickly, in case guards will enter the room.
Reason: Ivan doesn't want Peach to know about the limited time a potion works yet.

This part gets added.
When Peach enters Sir Grodus' room:
P: "Huh?! I am visible again?!"
T: "It seems the effects changed a bit since last time. And I have bad news: Guards just arrived in the hallway."
P: How will I escape now?
T: "I have no idea. The rooms have altered since last time. The complete floor plans haven't been added to my database yet."
P: "So it looks like I'll need to find a way to escape myself, huh?"
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Biles Wrote:No it's not those animations I'm concerned about, it's Peach's head that I'm more focused on. I'm considering that all the eye pieces should be consolidated into a single symbol and that other eye expressions should be made separate

Hmm no. Each eye symbol (eyeleft and eyeright) is a mirror of the other, from which has its own types (lidded, closed...), and inside of their types, character types.

Biles Wrote:I want to know if it's possible to animate Peach's side view of her mouth without having to split up her cranium for the process such that it is currently right now

Its still required to split her cranium (actually, her jaw), but we can put this jaw INSIDE her head object, with some styles (CLOSED - will not appear), SEMI OPEN (will appear a little in the botton) and FULLY OPEN. This will cancel the necessity of aligning the jaw, but will require me to code the animation and tell them 'hey, use the semi-open...now use the open'.
I dont see any difficulty from using the actual process, however.

Biles Wrote:At least this way, if an MC includes Peach's both angle and side view head, it makes it easier to swap between angle and side view heads. Don't take me the wrong way, it looks good, but as this game is getting bigger, boosting the game's performance in any ways possible will be taking a much more higher priority than aesthetic graphical designs. And finally, we need to better organize the library. Those are my 2¢.

Yes, you're right. But I can organize the library using the required items needed to change, so I ease the process. Or I can send to you only the required parts. Its REALLY easy to separate them. I didnt organize the library because it takes time...maybe hours :/

Biles Wrote:Leave it up to Adobe for not efficiently writing the Flash program better. :/

I miss macromedia :/

Biles Wrote:Say I was wondering how to get the tiling function to work in Flash seeing that we're likely gonna have to use that method eventually. As for not tiling correctly, You're just tiling that brick individually and intact. The tile template has to be designed differently to have the effect you want. Unless of course Adobe has a way of offsetting and shifting tile designs in way that Macromedia did with Freehand.

I will search for this function. Maybe an app. HMMM http://www.vecteezy.com/ !
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Biles Wrote:Not bad on the flower bit but given the thickness of the outline of the original design, I say your best bet is to create a solid dark green silhouette of the flower and then draw in the shapes that make up the flower. The white part of the flower doesn't need to be changed at all.

What do you mean? I cant seem to interpret what you are trying to say. Make another flower but dark green and then draw over it to make the same flower? hahaha. Please explain. I'm not very good at visualizing things in text.
AsianP3rsuas10n

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects