Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/18) - HIATUS

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: MiM: Peach's Untold Tale 1.8.7 (dec 15/12)

Postby QuizmasterBos » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Ok I decided to work on HAND 6.
Results so far. Right picture: a more smooth/optimized version. Much better when zoomed in, with nail support.

Well, you're hasty! You didn't even give me time to pick a hand!
That said, I'll give my honest opinion about them so far (prepare!)

I agree that, though the hands zoomed in look better, the hands still don't look better than the original.
There is something about the way they're positioned, that doesn't look natural. Take Peach's right hand for example:
Peach's index finger is pointing straight forward, while the other digits, except the thumb, are pointing towards herself.
However, that is not a normal relaxed hand. Instead, if you relax your hand they would be pointing towards the screen in this position, so the digits need to be about here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Hand comparison.jpg
Hand comparison.jpg (19.43 KiB) Viewed 3100 times

Try it yourself, relax your hand and turn it towards yourself so that it faces you in a similar manner as the picture.

Now for the left hand. Just take a look at the first picture you uploaded. Don't you think it arches back a little oddly? I do! No matter how I try, I cannot manage to get my hands to look like that. Again, like I said last time, isn't it better to have the back of Peach's hand facing the screen/player/viewer?
I mean, you said this:
Ivan-Aedler Wrote:I made this hand like that on purpose: its better not to show her thumb, because I can use this hand in many positions

But I still feel like it's better to show a more naturally 'falling' hand.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
Darthan Wrote:I like your revision but see a problem here. This part doesn't make sense if Peach is still a true virgin, by that I mean she hasn't laid any enemies. Peach would basically be saying she was forced to do something she hasn't done.

It will have a checking code. It Peach is still a virgin, she could say instead: 'I'm being frightened with those...dirty creatures'.
Remember I have control of the dialogs. I can change them according to certain situations.

I get what you mean, but I foresee an issue with mixing up messages a lot. There are likely a lot of variables attached to the changing of the text, so that also means it can go wrong very easily. Sooner or later we're gonna have several cases where Peach has say, not fucked anything at all, and she still says she did! So I prefer to remove this potential problem and rewrite the text to be more standardized. If I can come up with something that covers all the bases of course. We'll leave your idea for a back-up plan.
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:00 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:That said, I'll give my honest opinion about them so far (prepare!)

Ok!

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I agree that, though the hands zoomed in look better, the hands still don't look better than the original. There is something about the way they're positioned, that doesn't look natural. Take Peach's right hand for example. Peach's index finger is pointing straight forward, while the other digits, except the thumb, are pointing towards herself.

Actually, if you see the former hand (the first in the hand pictures), they all have arched fingers showing her nails (not relaxed ones).
And remember this new hand is my fisrt version so far! It may improve! Right now, its not important for us to study phisiology/mechanics/anatomy in a professional way, because we dont need that. However, I did the most to let this hand relaxed, using 3d pictures and even Blender (a 3d program) to render that hand in a way I can recreate it. It was done with success so far.
Well, I got those positions right now, using my hand ;) No hard to do. As for her hands, her left and right hand ARE THE SAME hand. Just like the old version. So, if something is odd (like her left hand - in Peach view - being a bit detached), its a problem with her old animation that placed her hand in that position, not a problem with the hand drawing.

I've taken those photos:

h3.jpg
h3.jpg (38.35 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
h2.jpg
h2.jpg (36.69 KiB) Viewed 3043 times

1) relaxed hand - but like the new hand I did
2) relaxed hand - the way you may have referred to. (I dont prefer it because its not like a 'girl' hand. Its too flat/ too steady).

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Again, like I said last time, isn't it better to have the back of Peach's hand facing the screen/player/viewer?
I mean, you said this:
Ivan-Aedler Wrote:I made this hand like that on purpose: its better not to show her thumb, because I can use this hand in many positions

But I still feel like it's better to show a more naturally 'falling' hand.

I can improve the falling hand. But I preferred not to use her thumb only in the falling hand, because I will use it in some complex positions. That new hand I created will be used in situations like when she walks or she is a slut, so not a problem to show her thumbs.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I get what you mean, but I foresee an issue with mixing up messages a lot. There are likely a lot of variables attached to the changing of the text, so that also means it can go wrong very easily. Sooner or later we're gonna have several cases where Peach has say, not fucked anything at all, and she still says she did!

I will only make options for phrases that can be interchangeable in a very controlled environment, that is, I will have control of what to change, so no problem, really.
Variables to use in those cases: 'If she's clothed(yes/no), If she's a whore (yes/no), If she's using a given dress, If she is not a virgin anymore...'
Its not complex to do that.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby QuizmasterBos » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:I agree that, though the hands zoomed in look better, the hands still don't look better than the original. There is something about the way they're positioned, that doesn't look natural. Take Peach's right hand for example. Peach's index finger is pointing straight forward, while the other digits, except the thumb, are pointing towards herself.

Actually, if you see the former hand (the first in the hand pictures), they're all have arched fingers showing her nails (not relaxed ones).
And remember this new hand is my fisrt version so far! It may improve! Right now, its not important for us to study phisiology/mechanics/anatomy in a professional way, because we dont need that. However, I did the most to let this hand relaxed, using 3d pictures and even Blender (a 3d program) to render that hand in a way I can recreate it. It was done with success so far.
Well, I got those positions right now, using my hand ;) No hard to do. As for her hands, her left and right hand ARE THE SAME hand. Just like the old version. So, if something is odd (like her left hand - in Peach view - being a bit detached), its a problem with her old animation that placed her hand in that position, not a problem with the hand drawing.

I've taken those photos:
1) relaxed hand - but like the new hand I did
2) relaxed hand - the way you may have referred to. (I dont prefer it because its not like a 'girl' hand. Its too flat/ too steady)

If I keep my own hand in a relaxed manner, my fingers point to myself. I think this may be different for each person, but I think that the hand positioning can improve. Not sure how exactly, I think it just comes down to trying. And hey, it's still quite a ways until we get this game complete! There's time to spare!

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:I get what you mean, but I foresee an issue with mixing up messages a lot. There are likely a lot of variables attached to the changing of the text, so that also means it can go wrong very easily. Sooner or later we're gonna have several cases where Peach has say, not fucked anything at all, and she still says she did!

I will only make options for phrases that can be interchangeable in a very controlled environment, that is, I will have control of what to change, so no problem, really.
Variables to use in those cases: 'If she's clothed(yes/no), If she's a whore (yes/no), If she's using a given dress, If she is not a virgin anymore...'
Its not complex to do that.

That still means a new line has to be written though. I have some time now finally. Let's see:

-Krystal: Your friend that travels through space is also a friend of mine. She asked me to help you... "relax".
-Peach: Well, I could use a cup of tea. I've been forced to...um..never mind.
-Krystal: Forced to what?
-Peach: To... to see all those vile Koopas looking at me with lust-filled eyes!
-Krystal: (embarrassing face) Well, let's relax and forget all about that.

It;s a very specific Complete Virgin line. Once Peach has performed a sexual act with an enemy of any nature or gender, it will change to the other line.
Should I rewrite that part and make it cover the bases more? I mean, a blowjob is a sexual act, but is not classified as actually having sex.

EDIT: I rewrote it just in case:

-Krystal: Your friend that travels through space is also a friend of mine. She asked me to help you... "relax".
-Peach: To... to perform sexual acts with those vile Koopas!

Actually I liked the above changed line better. So the new rewritten script, by MPLDAM9919, revised by me is:

1st Krystal sex scene: EMB by MPLDAM9919
-Peach: Who...Who are you?
-Krystal: I am Krystal of the Star Fox crew. And....you must be Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom. I hear you're searching for someone.
-Peach: I've heard of you. Well...I'm on a mission to rescue my dear Mario. But how do you know me?
-Peach: To... to perform sexual acts with those vile Koopas!
*Krystal starts making out with Peach*
-Peach:(Eyes wide open, in a surprised manner) Mmph?!!!
-Peach: (Krystal stops making out with her)I thought you were going to help me relax!
-Krystal: But don't you relax when you lie down with someone? Here, come on...
*Krystal takes off her suit then proceeds to take off Peach's dress. Peach is now covering herself with her hands*
-Peach: Aaah! This isn't what I had in mind!!!
-Krystal: My, my! Aren't you a cutie! Now, let me lick that sweet pussy of yours!
*Krystal gets on her knees and starts licking Peach's pussy.*
*Peach (in thought bubble): I can't believe this vixen is doing these embarrassing things to me! I hope no one is watching.
-Krystal: Mmm... I feel you're beginning to relax. Just let it all out.
*Peach tightly grabs Krystal's head*
*Peach: Ooh~...I don't know how much more of this fox tongue I can take! I think I'm going to cum!
*Peach CLIMAXES*
*Peach is on the floor panting and Krystal is sitting up blushing*
-Peach: Well, that was... interesting. May I leave now?
-Krystal: Of course you can! I hope to see you again sometime!

And the full-virgin line one (almost the same):

[spoiler]1st Krystal sex scene: EMB by MPLDAM9919
-Peach: Who...Who are you?
-Krystal: I am Krystal of the Star Fox crew. And....you must be Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom. I hear you're searching for someone.
-Peach: I've heard of you. Well...I'm on a mission to rescue my dear Mario. But how do you know me?
-Peach: To... to see all those vile Koopas looking at me with lust-filled eyes!
*Krystal starts making out with Peach*
-Peach:(Eyes wide open, in a surprised manner) Mmph?!!!
-Peach: (Krystal stops making out with her)I thought you were going to help me relax!
-Krystal: But don't you relax when you lie down with someone? Here, come on...
*Krystal takes off her suit then proceeds to take off Peach's dress. Peach is now covering herself with her hands*
-Peach: Aaah! This isn't what I had in mind!!!
-Krystal: My, my! Aren't you a cutie! Now, let me lick that sweet pussy of yours!
*Krystal gets on her knees and starts licking Peach's pussy.*
*Peach (in thought bubble): I can't believe this vixen is doing these embarrassing things to me! I hope no one is watching.
-Krystal: Mmm... I feel you're beginning to relax. Just let it all out.
*Peach tightly grabs Krystal's head*
*Peach: Ooh~...I don't know how much more of this fox tongue I can take! I think I'm going to cum!
*Peach CLIMAXES*
*Peach is on the floor panting and Krystal is sitting up blushing*
-Peach: Well, that was... interesting. May I leave now?
-Krystal: Of course you can! I hope to see you again sometime!
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:04 pm

-Updates not possible today, sorry.
-Blargh launched a newer update. I will try to add all the 4 Boos scenes from him before 2013. Both games (his and my) are not equal anymore, and the tendency is to be even more different due to different mechanics and body updates. A conversion is necessary.
-Voting pool nearing the END. I will analyse if its necessary to have a second round. I think not. Backside crouching already done (with a new butt) anyway.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:If I keep my own hand in a relaxed manner, my fingers point to myself. I think this may be different for each person, but I think that the hand positioning can improve. Not sure how exactly, I think it just comes down to trying. And hey, it's still quite a ways until we get this game complete! There's time to spare!

Yes, its 'person specific'. I know some women that can arch their fingers a lot more than others (like she is an acrobat or a ballerina). Well, its like I've said before. There are some positions that is even cute to be added, even being....a bit different. There are others (like a very flat finger, or a inverted thumb :lol: ) that will not be nice to be in the game as is.
Also, the 'fingers pointing to the screen' is not a cute perspective :/

QuizmasterBos Wrote:That still means a new line has to be written though. I have some time now finally. Let's see:

Thats it!! Really! And we can even change another given line (using the same virgin/not a virgin check), or , in a better case (has been in at least one enemy scene/ hasnt been in any scene).
I have control of all those variables.
I may even add a 'prologue scene' when Peach enters Daisy home/area naked and she blushes, hiding herself. Then both has the same conversation above (maybe with more unicque phrases).

In 2013, after adding more levels (maybe in world3) I will make a quick scene with Peach losing her virginity. I may not add blood (yet) but a message text and a quick song jingle, with a closed up face of Peach surprised/ashamed. Then the player presses space/shift and the game goes on. For the current date (near the end of 2012) Its obvious I will not have time to finish world2 on time.

:shock: :shock: Quiz, I'm shocked!

I decided to research more about PS3, XBOX and WII. Man, WII is TOO slow and limited (for current technologies, POST 2005) :/
CPU 729mhz, GPU 240mhz (not bad, good for high res 3D, no doubt, but dont expect a Far Cry 3 on it), memory 88Mb (forget a 'longer open field' area or more detailed characters).
The good side: Supports NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Neo-Geo, TurboGrafix16 (and CD), e Gamecube CDs/DVDs.

- XBOX and PS3 has CPUs running at 3.2ghz (3200mhz) and a twice GPU's speed/memory (may yield even 3x performance due to GDDR3).

If we want a 'astoudishing Mario game', a 'pure 3d' or a very immersive game, its possible to create this (even an unnofficial one/parody one) using a XBOX or PS3. The results would be astoudishing and make Nintendo envious. Thats because Nintendo doesnt want its titles in other consoles officlaly! What a shame :/ This could be a non-commerical project, like an academical one. But no, I dont have skills/time for that (yet).

PS: I know that Gamecube / WII have some 'incredible tricks' that make some games (halo 2?) very good on them (or clones of Halo 2). There are some examples (on the NET) of high quality games in gamecube that make you wonder: WOW, is it a x-box game? But this adds complexity for gamecube/WII game developers.

PS: Thats why I still prefer PC games. Not only FLASH games but a more operating system dependent code (C++), so the game will be astoudishingly fast in a quad core system and even faster (up to 2 times) if we make a game from a clear boot system (OUTSIDE windows / linux OSes).

I'm disappointed for WII specs :/ But yes, mario games on it are....still wonderful. It has...feelings. Even more for people who started playing classic Nintendo games ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Toyloli » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey ivan, with the hands. Is there any chance you could shoof an fla with just your hand designs in them? It would save me time with something I'm doing and help me work out my own project.
(I would ask for feet too but they likely wouldn't be compatible with the character design in my project)
Toyloli

Location: Six feet down, three feet to the left and 12 feet up.

Postby QuizmasterBos » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote::shock: :shock: Quiz, I'm shocked!

I decided to research more about PS3, XBOX and WII. Man, WII is TOO slow and limited (for current technologies, POST 2005) :/
CPU 729mhz, GPU 240mhz (not bad, good for high res 3D, no doubt, but dont expect a Far Cry 3 on it), memory 88Mb (forget a 'longer open field' area or more detailed characters).
The good side: Supports NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Neo-Geo, TurboGrafix16 (and CD), e Gamecube CDs/DVDs.

- XBOX and PS3 has CPUs running at 3.2ghz (3200mhz) and a twice GPU's speed/memory (may yield even 3x performance due to GDDR3).

PS: I know that Gamecube / WII have some 'incredible tricks' that make some games (halo 2?) very good on them (or clones of Halo 2). There are some examples (on the NET) of high quality games in gamecube that make you wonder: WOW, is it a x-box game? But this adds complexity for gamecube/WII game developers.

PS: Thats why I still prefer PC games. Not only FLASH games but a more operating system dependent code (C++), so the game will be astoudishingly fast in a quad core system and even faster (up to 2 times) if we make a game from a clear boot system (OUTSIDE windows / linux OSes).

I'm disappointed for WII specs :/ But yes, mario games on it are....still wonderful. It has...feelings. Even more for people who started playing classic Nintendo games ;)

You didn't know the Wii was underpowered?! That's incredibly well-known on the internet. That's what I get from assuming.
But yes, the Wii is just about as powerful as the GameCube is. Nintendo thought the GameCube still had enough power to last another generation. HD wasn't necessary in their eyes. The following year of its release (2006-2007), the HDTV market bloomed and soon the Wii got immense criticism for being too weak.

However, the Wii is also praised for its innovative controls-scheme. Nintendo doesn't see Sony, Microsoft or others as competition; Nintendo just does their own thing and that's what they do best.

You have to look past the graphics and enjoy the games for what they are. "How do the games play?"; "Are they fun?" are questions you should ask yourself. There are some gems to find on the Wii, I can tell you that.

So yeah, the reason all the PC, Xbox360 and PS3 games didn't appear on the Wii is because it is too weak. Don't expect to play any major third-party titles on the Wii or GameCube. (You're forced to) Keep to the first-party titles.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:If we want a 'astoudishing Mario game', a 'pure 3d' or a very immersive game, its possible to create this (even an unnofficial one/parody one) using a XBOX or PS3. The results would be astoudishing and make Nintendo envious. Thats because Nintendo doesnt want its titles in other consoles officlaly! What a shame :/ This could be a non-commerical project, like an academical one. But no, I dont have skills/time for that (yet).

You're not the first to say that. People have said before that Nintendo would be much more profitable as a game developer and not as a console developer. In a way I agree, but I'm not sure what the future would look like then. The problem is that Nintendo loves to have affordable systems, so they skimp on the technology. The Wii U has the same problem. It's only about as powerful as today's generation systems, so it is undoubtedly going to be weaker than the next Xbox and PS.

The Wii U is not doing particularly well showing off it's strength. All ports of games lag a lot, which is strange and it takes a long while for applications to load.
Let's hope a system update makes this better.

Any more questions?
QuizmasterBos

RE: OFFTOPIC - About game Consoles

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:09 pm

NEXT hand improvement done: From the left to right (version 1).

hand back.png
hand back.png (55.26 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

Working on: HAND PALM. After this, I will be making the ILY hand, then I'll stop making hands

hand palm.png
hand palm.png (52.16 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

OFFTOPIC - about consoles and answering Quiz:

QuizmasterBos Wrote:You didn't know the Wii was underpowered?! That's incredibly well-known on the internet. That's what I get from assuming.

I'm from the 286 PC era. I've owned an Atari, Phantom System, a Famicom (nintendo), a Genesis, a SNES (gift from my cousin) and that's all. I'm returning to the game arena in order to grab the most information I can, then give a contribution, before FPS games and others that have much more violence than love RULE the world! :shock:

QuizmasterBos Wrote:The following year of its release (2006-2007), the HDTV market bloomed and soon the Wii got immense criticism for being too weak.

As I've said in former posts, I dont think HD (720p, 1024p) is so needed, even nowadays, except for people who DO need perfect graphics to yield more realism, having a 40'' LCD or more. I still prefer, say, a console that can output a 'Duke Nukem forever' (even a Quake3) quality game in 480p or 600p maximum, than a Far Cry/ Halo one, with 1024p. The most important thing is still the gameplay/replay value. A thing the market wants to give less and less priority. They want a 'full-story game' to be played once. Like a movie with a full climax, emotions, a 'WOW', then game over. You will take years to be able to see it again with the same feelings. There are games that gives a true "the end", finishing the trilogy/series, like Mario is departing forever or Rogueport will not be seen anymore. This is bad because we get emotional, and miss the game. Its like the end of Lord of Rings. I dont like these endings. I prefer endings like Mario 1, which has a kind of 'transition' that makes you replay the game with more difficulty and in a different spice. Its really like you are continuing the adventure, saving the princess again. But even that concept needed more polishing, like some cut scenes showing Peach kidnapped again, or Mario leaving the final castle forgetting to take Peach with him. Then he remembers and say / show a thought bubble: 'mama mia. I have to get back and take my princess'. But, before that, with an added ability to interact in the 'ending', like Mario walking with the princess, having a meeting...until the player becomes bored and press 'Make Mario go out of the castle'.

I call this above an 'endless gameplay', like a fractal being zoomed in forever, or, in a 'XXX themed example', an orgasm that never ends. It may be less and less power, but the orgasms still continue. A game that keep giving enthusiasm.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:However, the Wii is also praised for its innovative controls-scheme. Nintendo doesn't see Sony, Microsoft or others as competition; Nintendo just does their own thing and that's what they do best.

I like Nintendo controls. And freedom/creativity to use buttons can be enticing, giving a more interactive gameplay. You know, you have plenty of buttons, one or even two analog directionals (gamecube), each with independent controls. But I still feel Nintendo games uses too few sprite poses. Nintendo tends to draw each sprite by hand, then create just a few animations with them. And, due to tradition, they still prefer to draw each sprite separately, making , say, 10 poses total (walking left/right, up, down, attacking, crouching), with, say, 12 or more full drawings at 24FPS (like making the Woodspecker move manually in a cartoon), instead of making 'living body part objects' to be reused in 40 or more poses using tween technology (faster to be done, dont need to redraw each animation like a static graphic, and it yealds more consistency). Ok, lets say the console doesnt support that. So, why not drawing more poses, even by hand? We've had 80's disney movies that were done ENTIRELY drawing at hand. Thousands of poses/animations. But this would burn developers' time.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:You have to look past the graphics and enjoy the games for what they are. "How do the games play?"; "Are they fun?" are questions you should ask yourself. There are some gems to find on the Wii, I can tell you that.

Now I agree. Its like I've said before. Former consoles were a gem because of their unicque gameplay and replay value. But I still feel a lack of 'yet more gameplay', that is, a game even more non-linear, with different endings. AND MORE! With a more participative ending (e.g. you can walk, you can make Mario kiss the princess, you can make Mario have a meeting with someone to see what changed in the new world or when the bosses get knockout)... not just a 'Everyone is happy!! YAY! (main pic of Mario team happy). THE END'.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:So yeah, the reason all the PC, Xbox360 and PS3 games didn't appear on the Wii is because it is too weak. Don't expect to play any major third-party titles on the Wii or GameCube. (You're forced to) Keep to the first-party titles.

Again, I'm just wondering if Nintendo makes a deal to have its games on XBOX and PS2/PS3. Ok, it will be like the Nokia games being developed to Iphones, but for sure Nintendo developers would be blessed with tons of new features. They would be able to create a more fairy/magic/immersive game. We dont need a 'so perfect' game with moving hair strings, destroying particles which make random roles in the walls, etc etc, but we just need a more immersive game with 'living body part' object feature and vector graphics, just like FLASH games. And dont say Flash is slow. Flash is slow because we use it in a browser, using a Operating System below it. In game consoles, 'Flash' games would run using all dedicated console resources.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:You're not the first to say that. People have said before that Nintendo would be much more profitable as a game developer and not as a console developer.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:In a way I agree, but I'm not sure what the future would look like then. The problem is that Nintendo loves to have affordable systems, so they skimp on the technology. The Wii U has the same problem.

Yes. This translates to cheaper consoles that still gives a good gameplay games (although, again, Nintendo tends to use fewer sprite animations and fewer (or none) of non-linear and elaborate endings, also due to time limitation given to developers and memory limitation!)

QuizmasterBos Wrote:The Wii U is not doing particularly well showing off it's strength. All ports of games lag a lot, which is strange and it takes a long while for applications to load. Let's hope a system update makes this better.

Oh really? :/ Nintendo is now like Sega in 2002. Sega tried to make success with Sega CD and post-consoles, then PS2 kicked in.

Now a side note part. Lets say someone gets here and asks me:

Lurker/Friend- Hey Ivan, you may be wasting your time with those console subjects. Let's continue Peach game!
Ivan- Its interesting to stop and talk about a related topic. It's like a 'happy hour'/'happy day'. So I can rest my brain in those days, while getting more ideas / eurekas while discussing about these. I may get a new stimulation / a restarted 'engine' to continue with more speed. Sometimes a good idea comes from meetings and chattings ;)
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby ironworld » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Merry christmas ! :)
Attachments
Princess_Peach_loves_her_new_toy.jpg
Princess_Peach_loves_her_new_toy.jpg (66.56 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
ironworld
Newly Registered

Re: RE: OFFTOPIC - About game Consoles

Postby QuizmasterBos » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Off-topic response to off-topic Ivan.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:OFFTOPIC - about consoles and answering Quiz:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:You didn't know the Wii was underpowered?! That's incredibly well-known on the internet. That's what I get from assuming.

I'm from the 286 PC era. I've owned an Atari, Phantom System, a Famicom (nintendo), a Genesis, a SNES (gift from my cousin) and that's all. I'm returning to the game arena in order to grab the most information I can, then give a contribution, before FPS games and others that have much more violence than love RULE the world! :shock:
Sorry for the late reply, Sunday is always a little busy and I was busy playing Darksiders 2.

That aside, let's move on to the discussion:

Well, at least you got us to give you info about particular games to aid you in the making of this game. I played various Mario games and seen videos about nearly all of them, so that knowledge comes to good use.

I'm not much a fan of FPS's either. They're too standardized for my tastes. And even then, I don't like first-person in general, since it doesn't allow me to see everything clearly; you got a small window of sight. They're also too serious and gritty, i prefer more fun games.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:The following year of its release (2006-2007), the HDTV market bloomed and soon the Wii got immense criticism for being too weak.

As I've said in former posts, I dont think HD (720p, 1024p) is so needed, even nowadays, except for people who DO need perfect graphics to yield more realism, having a 40'' LCD or more. I still prefer, say, a console that can output a 'Duke Nukem forever' (even a Quake3) quality game in 480p or 600p maximum, than a Far Cry/ Halo one, with 1024p. The most important thing is still the gameplay/replay value. A thing the market wants to give less and less priority. They want a 'full-story game' to be played once. Like a movie with a full climax, emotions, a 'WOW', then game over. You will take years to be able to see it again with the same feelings. There are games that gives a true "the end", finishing the trilogy/series, like Mario is departing forever or Rogueport will not be seen anymore. This is bad because we get emotional, and miss the game. Its like the end of Lord of Rings. I dont like these endings. I prefer endings like Mario 1, which has a kind of 'transition' that makes you replay the game with more difficulty and in a different spice. Its really like you are continuing the adventure, saving the princess again. But even that concept needed more polishing, like some cut scenes showing Peach kidnapped again, or Mario leaving the final castle forgetting to take Peach with him. Then he remembers and say / show a thought bubble: 'mama mia. I have to get back and take my princess'. But, before that, with an added ability to interact in the 'ending', like Mario walking with the princess, having a meeting...until the player becomes bored and press 'Make Mario go out of the castle'

I call this above an 'endless gameplay', like a fractal being zoomed in forever, or, in a 'XXX themed example', an orgasm that never ends. It may be less and less power, but the orgasms still continue. A game that keep giving enthusiasm.

Yes, the replay value is important. I never sell games, once bought they stay mine. Some games I end up playing over and over and some games I don't.

However, I find your reactions contradicting to your previous post. You first say the Wii is so weak and now you say you don't mind weaker games.

Now I agree with most of what you've said, but I kinda like games that end. It completes the game experience. Games that continue over and over seem "lacking" in my opinion, as if they're not finished. Most games try and tell a story and stories end. But you can play that story over and over again and it's still interesting and fun (if well done), like your favorite bedtime story as a child. That experience is what makes me like games so much.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:However, the Wii is also praised for its innovative controls-scheme. Nintendo doesn't see Sony, Microsoft or others as competition; Nintendo just does their own thing and that's what they do best.

I like Nintendo controls. And freedom/creativity to use buttons can be enticing, giving a more interactive gameplay. You know, you have plenty of buttons, one or even two analog directionals (gamecube), each with independent controls. But I still feel Nintendo games uses too few sprite poses. Nintendo tends to draw each sprite by hand, then create just a few animations with them. And, due to tradition, they still prefer to draw each sprite separately, making , say, 10 poses total (walking left/right, up, down, attacking, crouching), with, say, 12 or more full drawings at 24FPS (like making the Woodspecker move manually in a cartoon), instead of making 'living body part objects' to be reused in 40 or more poses using tween technology (faster to be done, dont need to redraw each animation like a static graphic, and it yealds more consistency). Ok, lets say the console doesnt support that. So, why not drawing more poses, even by hand? We've had 80's disney movies that were done ENTIRELY drawing at hand. Thousands of poses/animations. But this would burn developers' time.

Older games use sprite, but Nintendo also uses models a lot nowadays, even with Mario. In the NES, SNES era you couldn't make models because the technology wasn't there. And nowadays, people choose sprites by choice, because it reminds of game experiences as children. If MIM PUT used sprites, it would take a lot more time to make, so I'm glad we took that decision.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:You have to look past the graphics and enjoy the games for what they are. "How do the games play?"; "Are they fun?" are questions you should ask yourself. There are some gems to find on the Wii, I can tell you that.

Now I agree. Its like I've said before. Former consoles were a gem because of their unicque gameplay and replay value. But I still feel a lack of 'yet more gameplay', that is, a game even more non-linear, with different endings. AND MORE! With a more participative ending (e.g. you can walk, you can make Mario kiss the princess, you can make Mario have a meeting with someone to see what changed in the new world or when the bosses get knockout)... not just a 'Everyone is happy!! YAY! (main pic of Mario team happy). THE END'.

You mean the ending is controllable. Like a 'choose how you want to end" ending? That's kind of interesting. Would like to see that one day. Also, Nintendo should put in a secret porn ending in my opinion.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:You're not the first to say that. People have said before that Nintendo would be much more profitable as a game developer and not as a console developer.

Are you agreeing with me here, or do you want to hit me with a hammer?

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:The Wii U is not doing particularly well showing off it's strength. All ports of games lag a lot, which is strange and it takes a long while for applications to load. Let's hope a system update makes this better.

Oh really? :/ Nintendo is now like Sega in 2002. Sega tried to make success with Sega CD and post-consoles, then PS2 kicked in.

Wait, what?! Like sega?! Those are some harsh words there Ivan. Nintendo is doing FAR better than Sega was back then. Sega had massive failures after the Genesis, Nintendo has the profitable Wii and their strong line of handhelds with the DS especially.

Nintendo is very hit-and-miss. They either make something very good, or not so good, but never in-between. And this is usually up for debate. The Wii for instance is both a very good console and a very bad one. It gets a lot of criticism for being gimmicky, weak and supposedly having barely any good games for it (that's a lie by the way, the Wii has a lot of good games), yet it also sold a lot of copies and made non-gamers (casuals) play videogames. Who, by the way, are now playing on their tablets.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:NEXT hand improvement done: From the left to right (version 1).

Is the hand a partially closed hand, or a completely open hand? The fingers are very short, that's why I am asking. (The rest of the hand too by the way, it's missing texture.)
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 am

Console discussion: Quiz

QuizmasterBos Wrote:However, I find your reactions contradicting to your previous post. You first say the Wii is so weak and now you say you don't mind weaker games.

I've been trying to say that, for me (as a developer) WII is weak. But even being weak, I dont mind, once developers make good games with that limitation (like TTYD and others). But are these games still weak? Yes, regarding CPU speed and memory limitation. But they can be strong in regard to gameplay. I call this 'game optimization to maximize gameplay'. This increases human-hour to finish the game, but results are amazing.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Most games try and tell a story and stories end. But you can play that story over and over again and it's still interesting and fun (if well done), like your favorite bedtime story as a child. That experience is what makes me like games so much. (...) You mean the ending is controllable. Like a 'choose how you want to end" ending? That's kind of interesting. Would like to see that one day. Also, Nintendo should put in a secret porn ending in my opinion.

Yes but it will be better if the ending is not a TRUE ending. Something that:
1) tell us that a sequel is expected (even it never comes). THIS can entice our imagination to play the game again, or to MOD them.
2) put a non-linear ending (yes, like I said before. A ending that make us choose how the new beginning will be).
3) Replay the game using other flavors (like the same levels but with new monters, in different places, aside with that idea we talked earlier about using a final dialog with Mario, then both will be in the restaurant again and everything starts again. I can even think about randomization technicques to put Mario in different places in the last castle, with different female bosses (Wendy , a blue Birdo, or Bowser himself). So every new game will have new tastes, like a new adventure quest.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:If MIM PUT used sprites, it would take a lot more time to make, so I'm glad we took that decision.

Much more time. Imagine with 13 different outfits and 4 character sets. I would need to draw EVERY frame of EVERY pose, using EVERY combination of character+outfit (13x4).
So, if Peach has 20 different poses/scenes, with 2 seconds each, I would need to create 20x2x 22(current FPS) x 13x4 ! :shock:

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Are you agreeing with me here, or do you want to hit me with a hammer?

Lol! :lol: I'm agreeing with you (not hitting you, dont worry).

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Wait, what?! Like sega?! Those are some harsh words there Ivan. Nintendo is doing FAR better than Sega was back then. Sega had massive failures after the Genesis, Nintendo has the profitable Wii and their strong line of handhelds with the DS especially.

Sorry I've used an extreme example. I only wanted to explain that Sega became the second, then third, then fourth place in the 'technology' race. So, Nintendo is also losing some positions. But yes, Sega was worse. Nintendo may not lose any more positions because, as you've said, their target audiences are a bit different from PS3 and XBOX. There are handhelds, and there are children (you may agree with me on that one. Nintendo games are more targetted for children. Ok, there are exceptions).

By the way, I was researching the prices of WII (used) and XBOX (used). I've found a WII (good condition) for $50, and a XBOX 360 (with 40gb HDD) for less than $120 ($80 without a HDD but I can plug my 320GB notebook SATA HD in it, using some programs). From the prices, which one are you taking?

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Is the hand a partially closed hand, or a completely open hand? The fingers are very short, that's why I am asking. (The rest of the hand too by the way, it's missing texture.)

A bit closed. Like the original hand (which is crap, I admit). My goal is to improve them over time. Some shadows may do the trick. I may not include much more different shapes inside the hand and on her fingers because it may create artifacts.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby QuizmasterBos » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:00 am

Console discussion

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:However, I find your reactions contradicting to your previous post. You first say the Wii is so weak and now you say you don't mind weaker games.

I've been trying to say that, for me (as a developer) WII is weak. But even being weak, I dont mind, once developers make good games with that limitation (like TTYD and others). But are these games still weak? Yes, regarding CPU speed and memory limitation. But they can be strong in regard to gameplay. I call this 'game optimization to maximize gameplay'. This increases human-hour to finish the game, but results are amazing.

Yes, the Wii is weak developing-wise, but that doesn't matter to you, does it? You're not making a game for it and even if you would, the hardware can easily run this flash game. (Or are you thinking of developing a game for a console once?)

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:Most games try and tell a story and stories end. But you can play that story over and over again and it's still interesting and fun (if well done), like your favorite bedtime story as a child. That experience is what makes me like games so much. (...) You mean the ending is controllable. Like a 'choose how you want to end" ending? That's kind of interesting. Would like to see that one day. Also, Nintendo should put in a secret porn ending in my opinion.

Yes but it will be better if the ending is not a TRUE ending. Something that:
1) tell us that a sequel is expected (even it never comes). THIS can entice our imagination to play the game again, or to MOD them.
2) put a non-linear ending (yes, like I said before. A ending that make us choose how the new beginning will be).
3) Replay the game using other flavors (like the same levels but with new monters, in different places, aside with that idea we talked earlier about using a final dialog with Mario, then both will be in the restaurant again and everything starts again. I can even think about randomization technicques to put Mario in different places in the last castle, with different female bosses (Wendy , a blue Birdo, or Bowser himself). So every new game will have new tastes, like a new adventure quest.

I like your viewpoint at making a Mario more interesting. In fact, this falls in line with what Shigeru Miyamoto (the man who made Mario, in case you miraculously don't know) wants, he once said he likes to create a game that makes the experience different for each person. It's as if they're not playing the same game, but they are.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:If MIM PUT used sprites, it would take a lot more time to make, so I'm glad we took that decision.

Much more time. Imagine with 13 different outfits and 4 character sets. I would need to draw EVERY frame of EVERY pose, using EVERY combination of character+outfit (13x4).
So, if Peach has 20 different poses/scenes, with 2 seconds each, I would need to create 20x2x 22(current FPS) x 13x4 ! :shock:

A quick calculation later reveals that you would need to draw no less than 45760! Separate! Frames!!!

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:By the way, I was researching the prices of WII (used) and XBOX (used). I've found a WII (good condition) for $50, and a XBOX 360 (with 40gb HDD) for less than $120 ($80 without a HDD but I can plug my 320GB notebook SATA HD in it, using some programs). From the prices, which one are you taking?

That's a difficult question to be asking me, Ivan. It all comes down to what games you like to play. From what I can gather from the Xbox 360 is that it has a LOT of shooters on it. All the other games are serious and gritty as well, with a couple of exceptions, but these aren't very well-known. The price is quite good, but still a tad expensive in my case, considering it being second-hand and all.

The Wii has the Virtual console section, which as you know allows you to download NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis and Turbografx16 classics for a cheap price (varying from 5 dollars to 10). That and you can play GC and Wii games on it. So you have a system that can play a LOT of different games. The price is very good, 50 dollars is almost no money.

Considering how many great Mario games you're missing and you can play for research purposes and the good price, the Wii seems like a good deal to me. But before you buy it, can you show me the link? I need to see if it's a "good version" Wii first.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:Is the hand a partially closed hand, or a completely open hand? The fingers are very short, that's why I am asking. (The rest of the hand too by the way, it's missing texture.)

A bit closed. Like the original hand (which is crap, I admit). My goal is to improve them over time. Some shadows may do the trick. I may not include much more different shapes inside the hand and on her fingers because it may create artifacts.

Alright then. The original isn't even all that bad honestly, I've seen far worse than that. And hey, we can only improve from here, right?
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:27 am

Console discussion

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Yes, the Wii is weak developing-wise, but that doesn't matter to you, does it? You're not making a game for it and even if you would, the hardware can easily run this flash game. (Or are you thinking of developing a game for a console once?)

Wait, wait! WII hardware is not able to run a flash game. No way!(like Peach says to TEC). I'll have to use an alternative. But programming sprites? No, thanks. They're so archaic, that is, you cannot re-use its parts. Its like...a drawing on a paper. To make Peach with clothes you have to....draw it all over again. Even if you say 'but its the same picture, only with clothes', you will have to create ANOTHER separate drawing with her clothed.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I like your viewpoint at making a Mario more interesting. In fact, this falls in line with what Shigeru Miyamoto (the man who made Mario, in case you miraculously don't know) wants, he once said he likes to create a game that makes the experience different for each person. It's as if they're not playing the same game, but they are.

Now, this time, I know who Miyamoto is 8-)
Well, its easy to think about increasing replay value using new different experiences, ONCE WE MASTER RANDOMIZER actions. That is, birds that fly in a different way, a level that has goombas (in another match, shyguys appear instead), those couple of toads in level 1-2 of MIM PUT, that could be placed in different areas at each game start.....those ARE possible to do. And non-linear actions, like Peach getting new experiences according to her horny bar and embarassed/slut/whore situation.

But , for sure, i'll make them later in game development. Otherwise I'll be overflowed :/

QuizmasterBos Wrote:A quick calculation later reveals that you would need to draw no less than 45760! Separate! Frames!!!

Bingo! :shock: :?
Even Disney cartoonists are not able to do that on time. (Wait!! They ARE!)

QuizmasterBos Wrote:That's a difficult question to be asking me, Ivan. It all comes down to what games you like to play. From what I can gather from the Xbox 360 is that it has a LOT of shooters on it.

I hate shooters. Again, TOO SHAME for nintendo and other titles who can make fairy games, RPG games and other interesting adventure games , all those producers being apart of Microsoft/PS3 world. Maybe because...they charge ...too much money? All about competition! :evil:

QuizmasterBos Wrote:That and you can play GC and Wii games on it. So you have a system that can play a LOT of different games. The price is very good, 50 dollars is almost no money.

Hmmmmm.....

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Considering how many great Mario games you're missing and you can play for research purposes and the good price, the Wii seems like a good deal to me. But before you buy it, can you show me the link? I need to see if it's a "good version" Wii first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Wh ... 53f2276208
(with controllers) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Wh ... 2ec12e016e

(remember I'll buy a separate GAMECUBE controller) Regarding that, I can use that controller for WII games as well?

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Alright then. The original isn't even all that bad honestly, I've seen far worse than that. And hey, we can only improve from here, right?

It should, because, if not, I'll have to recreate a new hand over and over, until the desired pose.
Before making new hands, I'll put some samples here, so we can analyse better.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby QuizmasterBos » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 am

Even more console discussion

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:Yes, the Wii is weak developing-wise, but that doesn't matter to you, does it? You're not making a game for it and even if you would, the hardware can easily run this flash game. (Or are you thinking of developing a game for a console once?)

Wait, wait! WII hardware is not able to run a flash game. No way!(like Peach says to TEC). I'll have to use an alternative. But programming sprites? No, thanks. They're so archaic, that is, you cannot re-use its parts. Its like...a drawing on a paper. To make Peach with clothes you have to....draw it all over again. Even if you say 'but its the same picture, only with clothes', you will have to create ANOTHER separate drawing with her clothed.

Seriously, the Wii wouldn't even be able to run flash hardware-wise?

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:I like your viewpoint at making a Mario more interesting. In fact, this falls in line with what Shigeru Miyamoto (the man who made Mario, in case you miraculously don't know) wants, he once said he likes to create a game that makes the experience different for each person. It's as if they're not playing the same game, but they are.

Now, this time, I know who Miyamoto is 8-)
Well, its easy to think about increasing replay value using new different experiences, ONCE WE MASTER RANDOMIZER actions. That is, birds that fly in a different way, a level that has goombas (in another match, shyguys appear instead), those couple of toads in level 1-2 of MIM PUT, that could be placed in different areas at each game start.....those ARE possible to do. And non-linear actions (like Peach getting new experiences according to her horny bar and embarassed/slut/whore situation.

Interesting, I'll foresee some issues with this though, but I like to see it nonetheless. It's not a feature that NEEDS to be in the game. Maybe people prefer something a bit more predictable, like the real Mario bros. games?

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:That's a difficult question to be asking me, Ivan. It all comes down to what games you like to play. From what I can gather from the Xbox 360 is that it has a LOT of shooters on it.

I hate shooters. Again, TOO SHAME for nintendo and other titles who can make fairy games, RPG games and other interesting adventure games , all those producers being apart of Microsoft/PS3 world. Maybe because...they charge ...too much money? All about competition! :evil:

All the more reason not to go with the Xbox 360 then. It's the same reason I don't have one, not enough games to warrant a buy in my opinion.

And be glad there is competition. If there wouldn't be, games would be shorter and cost much more money. Remember when Nintendo had a monopoly with the NES? 50 bucks for a game you can beat in one afternoon. Nothing you could do about it, until Sega gave them a run for their money.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:Considering how many great Mario games you're missing and you can play for research purposes and the good price, the Wii seems like a good deal to me. But before you buy it, can you show me the link? I need to see if it's a "good version" Wii first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Wh ... 53f2276208
(with controllers) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Wh ... 2ec12e016e

The Wii with the controllers looks the way it should. There is something wrong with the other one, I think it's been modded. So if you want to know what to go for, pick the one with the controllers, it's a "good" Wii from what I can see. It also states it supports GC discs, so that further confirms it. This is the one you should buy, if you choose to.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:(remember I'll buy a separate GAMECUBE controller) Regarding that, I can use that controller for WII games as well?

It depends on the game. Every game has a picture on the back of the cover depicting what controllers work for it. There are a few games, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Muramasa the Demon Blade that support Gamecube controllers. Almost all Wii games use the remote, though there are also a few that work with the classic controller or classic controller pro.

Every single Virtual Console game is compatible with the GC controller, so don't worry there.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:Alright then. The original isn't even all that bad honestly, I've seen far worse than that. And hey, we can only improve from here, right?

It should, because, if not, I'll have to recreate a new hand over and over, until the desired pose.
Before making new hands, I'll put some samples here, so we can analyse better.

It's going well Ivan. You deserve a break soon.
Real meaning:

DON'T EVEN DARE WORKING ON THIS GAME ON CHRISTMAS!
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:20 am

Hands so far! (UPDATED). Comparison of old hands (left) and new ones (right). Of course, more improvement is needed (in the future).

peach hands.jpg
peach hands.jpg (43.81 KiB) Viewed 2415 times

Yet Even More Console Discussion (YEMOCODIS)

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Seriously, the Wii wouldn't even be able to run flash hardware-wise?

Hmmm yes, yes, its possible, using Opera or any internal browser of WII. HOWEVER. As it runs at 700mhz, its required to check if its REALLY possible to run a flash game with full bells and whistles!
Its almost certain I would have to pixelate the background for that to work. If you look at online WII games, a lot of them are....too simple.
http://wiiplayable.com/

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Interesting, I'll foresee some issues with this though, but I like to see it nonetheless. It's not a feature that NEEDS to be in the game. Maybe people prefer something a bit more predictable, like the real Mario bros. games?

It could be. We will only know later in the development.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:All the more reason not to go with the Xbox 360 then. It's the same reason I don't have one, not enough games to warrant a buy in my opinion.

It has a great quality (almost like a PS3), but the games are...too FPS oriented :/

QuizmasterBos Wrote:And be glad there is competition. If there wouldn't be, games would be shorter and cost much more money. Remember when Nintendo had a monopoly with the NES? 50 bucks for a game you can beat in one afternoon. Nothing you could do about it, until Sega gave them a run for their money.

Good old times (except for the money waste) :evil:

QuizmasterBos Wrote:The Wii with the controllers looks the way it should. There is something wrong with the other one, I think it's been modded. So if you want to know what to go for, pick the one with the controllers, it's a "good" Wii from what I can see. It also states it supports GC discs, so that further confirms it. This is the one you should buy, if you choose to.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it closely ;)

QuizmasterBos Wrote:It depends on the game. Every game has a picture on the back of the cover depicting what controllers work for it. There are a few games, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Muramasa the Demon Blade that support Gamecube controllers. Almost all Wii games use the remote, though there are also a few that work with the classic controller or classic controller pro.

Oh great!! :/ There are games that dont recognize gamecube controllers. :/ It should work because there are many people who prefer the gamepad. But everything has its reasons.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Every single Virtual Console game is compatible with the GC controller, so don't worry there.

At last! ;)

QuizmasterBos Wrote:It's going well Ivan. You deserve a break soon. Real meaning: DON'T EVEN DARE WORKING ON THIS GAME ON CHRISTMAS!

I promiss!

christmas OUTSIDE the PC.jpg
christmas OUTSIDE the PC.jpg (29.32 KiB) Viewed 2655 times

PS: Its not me!
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Darthan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:41 am

Console stuff

QuizmasterBos Wrote:The Wii with the controllers looks the way it should. There is something wrong with the other one, I think it's been modded. So if you want to know what to go for, pick the one with the controllers, it's a "good" Wii from what I can see. It also states it supports GC discs, so that further confirms it. This is the one you should buy, if you choose to.

The one without the controllers looks like it is missing the door that covers the Gamecube controller and USB ports. My cousin removed that door on his but he homebrewed his and took the door off so it was easier to plug the external HD into it. So you are likely right, it is probably modded.

As far as the hands are concerned, they seem off to me. I don't really know how to explain it, there is just something that doesn't seem right.
Darthan

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 am

Darthan Wrote:As far as the hands are concerned, they seem off to me. I don't really know how to explain it, there is just something that doesn't seem right.

Maybe the wide outlines. But those outlines are needed in order for us to see her hands at a distance, without tearing.
Also, her fingers are a bit fat, but they're that way to be seen better at a distance (same case above). Anyway, as I've said, I'll test them more, and I'll put in the game. Further editings are possible.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:08 am

Is there going to be an update before X-mas? Or and update AFTER X-mas?
MPLDAM9919

Re: MiM: Peach's Untold Tale 1.8.8 (dec 24/12)

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:11 am

Version 1.8.8 uploaded.
LAUNCHED a remake of Charlieton. He will be a shameless seller which will do nasty things to Peach, using her innocence to get advantages. He will be used in MIM PUT and Cute Peach games. Coincidence or not, his clothing resembles...Santa Claus :D

charlieton.jpg
charlieton.jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 2468 times

Ok! Done!

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

NPC - Charlieton.swf [ 3.08 KiB | Viewed 2442 times ]

New hand to be made: ILY.
EDIT (8 hours later): Ok, time expired, I'm making the hand (sorry, I just want to finish this at once)
Now, 11 hands total (updated the image of all hands in the above post).

ily.jpg
ily.jpg (6.85 KiB) Viewed 2509 times

Interesting enough (but expected), MIM game size shrank instead of increased, even with 3 new hands.
The cause: all was done using pen tool.

comparison.jpg
comparison.jpg (10.71 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

MPLDAM9919 Wrote:Is there going to be an update before X-mas? Or and update AFTER X-mas?

I may have some time on day 24th (today). I will try to update all hands still today. (DONE!)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby QuizmasterBos » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Version 1.8.8 uploaded.
LAUNCHED a remake of Charlieton. He will be a shameless seller which will do nasty things to Peach, using her innocence to get advantages. He will be used in MIM PUT and Cute Peach games. Coincidence or not, his clothing resembles...Santa Claus :D

I don't see him as one who would do nasty things to Peach; He's a merchant who loves to get money and switch around his wares every five minutes. Does everything in this game need to fuck Peach? No, at least not in my opinion. Why don't we make Charlieton the guy that randomly appears in places and just sells you vibrators and the like? That's already sexually related.

See, there is such a thing as too much sex. With the enemies, Toadsworth, the special toads and the princesses, we already have enough sex as is. And it makes the game more interesting, since if you put in too much sex, you're going to get a lot of similar scenes and that must be avoided as much as possible.
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I don't see him as one who would do nasty things to Peach; He's a merchant who loves to get money and switch around his wares every five minutes.

That's why he will make Peach do everything to buy his things. He may offer a slighly better price for something else in addition.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Does everything in this game need to fuck Peach? No, at least not in my opinion. Why don't we make Charlieton the guy that randomly appears in places and just sells you vibrators and the like? That's already sexually related.

It could be. But I'm NOT the only one who fantasizes about how a given scene with him should behave. ;)
Just imagine that text:

Charlieton: Sourvenirs! Powerups! Electric Toys! Here! Sourvenirs...
Princess Peach: Hello, Mister. Which kind of items do you sell?
Charlieton: Hello my dear! Well, I have right now:
(messagebox)
1- Pink vibrator...............4-A pill (not a powerup! Random action on enemies when thrown)
2- Black ass plug..............5- A potion (random action on Peach when swallowed)
3- Milk for Boob inflation....6- Shadow Queen outfit

Choose one:
(if 1 to 6 is choosen:)
Charlieton: This costs 15 coins.
Princess Peach: 1) I want it. 2) No, I dont want it
(if not enough money) Charlieton: Too bad, my beauty, you dont have enough coins.
Princess Peach: 1) Insist/bargain 2) Left him
(if INSIST) Charlieton: Well, dear, just bend over , your back facing me
Princess Peach: Huh??
(....)
continues.

Another scene:
- Peach is next to Charlieton, which walks a bit to left and right (normal behavior). Then, IF PEACH IS NAKED/BOTTOMLESS, Charlieton sneaks to Peach, having a surprise buttsex, then go back to his place quicly, whistling a jingle like nothing has happened.
brainstorm.jpg
brainstorm.jpg (3.28 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

Ok it could be with another NPC/Friend. But I imagined to use him like that because he uses to be outside, wandering with his sourvenirs.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:See, there is such a thing as too much sex. With the enemies, Toadsworth, the special toads and the princesses, we already have enough sex as is. And it makes the game more interesting, since if you put in too much sex, you're going to get a lot of similar scenes and that must be avoided as much as possible.

No, I dont want a '100% sex on everything' game. But there will be more enemies like cheep cheeps that will do a scene (like biting/milking Peach nipples) and Thwomps that blow tons of cum on Peach like TREX on Krystal. The objective is to make different scenes, but interesting ones, really. each enemy/friend, at least one scene, some of them having the ability to be avoided. Then the player can have a more adventure, less sexual game.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects