Sakyubasu no Tatakai II (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai II

Postby Lucky777 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Gorepete Wrote:--- Fixed a bug where splash damage hitting a protected unit didn't have its damage reduced
---- Note: if the main target has protect and the splash damage hits an unprotected target for 0, this is not a bug
----- Impact does splash damage for 50% of the damage the main target RECEIVES, not the damage the attacker is capable of

So what, if you curse a unit and then hit it with direct splash-capable damage, you'll do more splash damage to the surrounding units?
It doesn't seem to make much sense that the damage the target unit receives should dictate the splash damage.
But hey, your game, your call.

Will play later.

I haven't had a chance to check this out since Beezy sprang into action, but it sounds like all I missed out on was some hella strange bugs XD.
Lucky777

Postby loshi1505 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:29 pm

meh I say I agree that splash should be relative to the damage the unit can dish rather than the one receiving it... just makes sense that way... but hey mages are pretty damn beefy as is~

btw GP have you though about having the units sent to base having a direct affect on eva's health as the main perk? I'm sure you have others planned out but I'd just think the more followers the damage resistant the commanders would be. ;P maybe even have it boost unit overall health for every 20 or so units captured and sent to base or something too~

hmm.... how far are you planning on going with part 2 anyways? seeing as updates and bug fixes are coming so fast are you planning of making the whole series before 2016?!? O_o
loshi1505

Postby TebiCake » Sun May 31, 2015 6:58 am

Why hello there, Gorepete.

I have a new catch:

When I sent a rune-equipped illosa to the base, the rune disappeared. There's sadly no way to get it back. I thought it would be intelligently unequipped before I sent her (so that I could use the rune with someone else). It wasn't, lol.

Also, I have too many armor pieces left over.

I'm sure that will be rather easy to fix: add a bit of code in the 'send to base' button, blahblah. (Shouldnt it be the case that the succubus gains power through people that are sent to the base?)

What keeps me hooked to the game, apart from the sex animations, is the progress available through itemization and customization of the army. I really like it. Keep it up <3
TebiCake
Newly Registered

Postby loshi1505 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 am

http://gyazo.com/48dcacdc5db22f1a9b0a00bbdf6d0da5 - minor graphics bug.

also saw what you did there with the splash damage being relative to the potential damage dealt GP! I approve~! :mrgreen:

this only 2 units classes per species is going to take some getting used to though. >_> gonna need to change a few of my strats.. >_< you're soo~ keepin' me on my toes~! :D
loshi1505

Postby tomboom » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:07 pm

How can i download this?
tomboom
Newly Registered

Postby thanatos7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Hey Gorepete, just first wanted to state you are probably the whole reason why I have an account on this sight now and I was a huge fan of Sakyubasu no Tatakai 1, but on to the whole reason of why I made this account, I ran across a bug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

error - The Hive.PNG

This happens at "The Hive" after the whole training with beezy where you can go back to farm for more gorgers, and to be honest I probably wouldn't have even gone their if it wasn't for you putting that limit to unit races/classes because I was trying to get more healers.

I think it might be the bug that you fixed on later levels that involved the enemy side freezing on its turn and not doing anything, but that's just a guess. Still big fan and can't wait for this to be done, Cheers!
thanatos7
Newly Registered

Postby KaijuImp » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Amazing update speed :) keep up the awesome work!
KaijuImp

Postby loshi1505 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:47 pm

http://gyazo.com/50a468ffcadc13f3b521df7725f4aa76

enemy not idle? >_> more like the game froze just before the enemy's turn this time.. :?

huh... seems as though the length of the special skills in the description of the army menu doesn't match with the description in the unit overview when in battle.... in army view it basically say 1 turn for all specials.... but in battle unit overview it say 2... and everything lasts for 2 turns... the turn it's first activated and the turn after...

on the special skills note would it not be a good idea to have regen last 3 turns? first turn when player applies it and the following two turns after? or might it be better to give regen a delay until the unit takes damage to activate... I think I like the latter idea better personally... I do know however a simple 1 turn delay without damage recognition would harm the player and AI more than help.... idk just spitballing~ :P

poison & protect are working just fine... have yet to fiddle with curse again... and damn is the mana 2 specials useful~ like seriously! :D

and they're not exactly over powered either since I easily lose a game or two with them if I'm careless or ever so rarely out classed. :P
loshi1505

Postby SixthDragon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:03 am

I found another bug, and this is likely a quick fix too, if you try to summon using someone that has no equipment on it will repeat the cut in animation forever and show no animation.

Also great work :D
SixthDragon
Newly Registered

Postby blazebird3 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:38 am

i have to ask did you consider the stage where the enemy units have reduced dmg taken by 2 for 2 turns when you limited the number of each type of unit you can have, because it's kinda hard to kill them now since more than half your units are unable to damage them and you can't fit more than a few of the one's that can into your army.
not trying to be a dick or anything, i've enjoyed your games but i think you made that stage so much harder that it needed to be since it's only like the third one.
blazebird3

Postby loshi1505 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:02 am

blazebird3 Wrote:i have to ask did you consider the stage where the enemy units have reduced dmg taken by 2 for 2 turns when you limited the number of each type of unit you can have, because it's kinda hard to kill them now since more than half your units are unable to damage them and you can't fit more than a few of the one's that can into your army.
not trying to be a dick or anything, i've enjoyed your games but i think you made that stage so much harder that it needed to be since it's only like the third one.

thus why the stage just before it has the poison skill.... just saying. >_>

though personally I think the damage reduction of protect at it's lowest level could be safely dropped to 1 damage protection... so I will agree with you on that point... though it's less necessary than you make it out to be as it's technically the 4th stage. >_>
(you can replay the tutorial stage)
loshi1505

Postby papragu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:13 am

yep, the 3rd stage (shadefall) in crystal forest is really tough. Most of the units cant even damage the enemy.
papragu
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 am

loshi1505 Wrote:http://gyazo.com/48dcacdc5db22f1a9b0a00bbdf6d0da5 - minor graphics bug.

Think I fixed this, let me know if you still see it happening. Basically, the game cycles the y value of the units and rearranges them accordingly to make sure their depths are overlapping correctly. When the units next to each other had the same y value, it would flip them back and forth as it arranged them. I tweaked the y values so they should not be equal anymore (+/-1 with adjacent grid spots)

tomboom Wrote:How can i download this?

Right click -> save as the file on the first post

thanatos7 Wrote:This happens at "The Hive" after the whole training with beezy where you can go back to farm for more gorgers, and to be honest I probably wouldn't have even gone their if it wasn't for you putting that limit to unit races/classes because I was trying to get more healers.

Hmmm I will keep an eye out - had the enemy stopped summoning units prior to this? (ie you murdered or converted the rest of her deck and ran her dry?)

loshi1505 Wrote:enemy not idle? >_> more like the game froze just before the enemy's turn this time.. :?

Same as above

loshi1505 Wrote:huh... seems as though the length of the special skills in the description of the army menu doesn't match with the description in the unit overview when in battle.... in army view it basically say 1 turn for all specials.... but in battle unit overview it say 2... and everything lasts for 2 turns... the turn it's first activated and the turn after...

Display bug, should be fixed

SixthDragon Wrote:I found another bug, and this is likely a quick fix too, if you try to summon using someone that has no equipment on it will repeat the cut in animation forever and show no animation.

Good catch! Fixed

blazebird3 Wrote:i have to ask did you consider the stage where the enemy units have reduced dmg taken by 2 for 2 turns when you limited the number of each type of unit you can have, because it's kinda hard to kill them now since more than half your units are unable to damage them and you can't fit more than a few of the one's that can into your army.

YOU HAVE MOVED MY STONE HEART WITH YOUR PLIGHT... it is a bit overtuned for the 4 level, I guess. I reduced the chance of the enemy units having protect by 50%.

papragu Wrote:yep, the 3rd stage (shadefall) in crystal forest is really tough. Most of the units cant even damage the enemy.

Good! Shadefall is supposed to be a pain in the ass
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:46 am

KaijuImp Wrote:Amazing update speed :) keep up the awesome work!

Why, thank you. Unless there is a gamebreaking bug, this (6/1) might be the last update for the next week. I have a fairly large chunk of work to do for the Vanorel fight and to lay the groundwork for future boss battles. Glad you are enjoying it, though!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby EroMangaKing » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:04 am

OMG, I just noticed that this was a thing. This was so much fun to play, I am very much looking forward to seeing this play out. I already loved the story and the gameplay from the previous entries, and now I can enjoy more. Thank you very much Gorepete, keep up the good work.
EroMangaKing
Newly Registered

Postby loshi1505 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40 am

Gorepete Wrote:
thanatos7 Wrote:This happens at "The Hive" after the whole training with beezy where you can go back to farm for more gorgers, and to be honest I probably wouldn't have even gone their if it wasn't for you putting that limit to unit races/classes because I was trying to get more healers.

Hmmm I will keep an eye out - had the enemy stopped summoning units prior to this? (ie you murdered or converted the rest of her deck and ran her dry?)

loshi1505 Wrote:enemy not idle? >_> more like the game froze just before the enemy's turn this time.. :?

Same as above

yes I do believe I killed or converted all the other troops... or at the very least killed most of them.... >_>

still weird though that the idle animation wasn't playing like usual compared to other times...

also... seems the groger on groger rank 3 animation with bridg isn't a rank 3 one at all... bug or might you have something special planned?
Last edited by loshi1505 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
loshi1505

Postby thanatos7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 am

Gorepete Wrote:

Well yes I do believe that she summoned everything that she could but that was my second time doing that battle for farming for gorgers and the first time all of the units where also destroyed but no problems occurred then, while the second time she summoned the last gorger she could (at least to my belief since there were still two squares still open to summoning on her side.) it froze on the enemy's turn with her summoning no more units but not finishing her turn.
thanatos7
Newly Registered

Postby Beria » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 am

would be very cool if we could choose targets for heal because it is sad to see when healer heal someone and die from poison
Beria
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Could be a feature and not a bug, like with the summons stupidly wandering forward instead of being able to stay back and guard, but... yeah it'd be nice.
Lucky777

Postby napala » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:07 am

Gorepete Wrote:Good! Shadefall is supposed to be a pain in the ass

It was actually easier than I thought, it took me 2 tries to beat it, and in my first try I realized Beezy's special raised an unit's attack.
By no means I'm telling you to make it harder, it's a nice "puzzle" level that teaches you to make the most of your units skills, and that "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" strat. is not always going to work.

In other news, I noticed that units do their "power-up" animation when poisoned, and receiving poison damage.
napala

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop