Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Small Update 3.7 [Game Update 8/4/2013]

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:12 am

All this unnecessary work just to get some loli in the game, sigh.
I'm looking forward to when you're done with this and can work on some good stuff like more varied gameplay.
unnecessaryaccount

Postby DraconisOminous » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:26 pm

unnecessaryaccount Wrote:All this unnecessary work just to get some loli in the game, sigh.
I'm looking forward to when you're done with this and can work on some good stuff like more varied gameplay.

It'll be used for a bit more than just Loli's, you know. And I'm sure a few people really don't care for Male/Male animations either (like me). So why complain? You might not call it complaining, but you sure are being passive aggressive about the whole situation.

Also, varied gameplay? Ummm, what. The gameplay can't really get much more varied. Just more of.
DraconisOminous

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Male/male is just animations. This required a whole code overhaul.
And there are many ways to add to gameplay. From more monsters, to an actual story line, more things to do in the town, more locations, some sort of quests, more interaction with monsters, more monster statistics, different client system.

To give a far-fetched example:
You could harvest/feed/breed monsters, but also "pet" them to keep them happy. "Grooming" could also come with some price increase benefits but also "accidental coitus" from time to time. Clients might be moved into the city so you'd have to actually walk to town with the monster(s) in tow. Random events like a pack of dickwolves spooking your catgirl onto a tree and then attacking the player instead could happen. You'd have quests like breeding a super special looking pink buttstallion with a dick longer than his body to finally satiate the lust of that cumwhore tribal lady that popped around early in the game. There could be a whole "auction house" building where you'd see the monsters on sale instead of a list. Tons of options that were possible even with the current system which would add to the gameplay instead of making lolis. But hey. I'm not judging. I know it's about donated money so he has to fill out his promise.
unnecessaryaccount

Postby ElPresidente » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Your suggestions...they aren't bad.
ElPresidente

Postby Mechaphantom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:26 am

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
Lurkingchar Wrote:Alright Harista you better have it done this time. I'm getting sick of your shit.

Haha, do you have some guys who are going to come and break my knee-caps if it's not done?

Here's the deal: Neoteny is being a pain in the ass currently and not working right. It's complicated because it's a trait that essentially makes your monster a new monstertype, but still capable of giving birth to monsters without the trait, and on top of that has to be optional such that it can be turned on and off. The truth is that this conflicts very strongly with the way I have monstertypes set up in the game right now, so I'm having to rewrite a lot of the code for how monstertypes work, and every bit of code dependent on monstertypes. The upside of this is that once this is finished it will support a lot of new types of traits (the futanari trait, in particular, will be a lot easier to add in, though it will require a ton of animation work). Today I'm releasing a very small update with bugfixes, and pushing back the rest of the content until next Sunday. Sorry, I just don't have control over it.

*Holding a sledge hammer* Don't mind me or the hammer...

On a side note I havn't been checking this site in a few months do to the content slowing down and the content not being to my tastes but do to a fluke the nao what sit perk is being added over the futa. This makes me interested in seeing the new monsters so I back to stay.
Mechaphantom

Postby DraconisOminous » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:17 am

unnecessaryaccount Wrote:Male/male is just animations. This required a whole code overhaul.
And there are many ways to add to gameplay. From more monsters, to an actual story line, more things to do in the town, more locations, some sort of quests, more interaction with monsters, more monster statistics, different client system.

To give a far-fetched example:
You could harvest/feed/breed monsters, but also "pet" them to keep them happy. "Grooming" could also come with some price increase benefits but also "accidental coitus" from time to time. Clients might be moved into the city so you'd have to actually walk to town with the monster(s) in tow. Random events like a pack of dickwolves spooking your catgirl onto a tree and then attacking the player instead could happen. You'd have quests like breeding a super special looking pink buttstallion with a dick longer than his body to finally satiate the lust of that cumwhore tribal lady that popped around early in the game. There could be a whole "auction house" building where you'd see the monsters on sale instead of a list. Tons of options that were possible even with the current system which would add to the gameplay instead of making lolis. But hey. I'm not judging. I know it's about donated money so he has to fill out his promise.

Nor was I suggesting that Male/Male would make coding issues, just saying they are something I don't care for but I'm not complaining if other people want it. I was pointing out that the coding overhaul was in fact something that will increase options later on, including the Futanari stuff that Harista mentioned.

I just meant that the variations on having more monsters isn't really making the gameplay more varied, just adding more of it. The base of the system really doesn't have more in terms of variance to add, nothing major anyway. It could, theoretically, add more and more, but that would be adding new facets. Adding Loli's technically adds more variance as well from your opinion on varied gameplay. While I admit that adding locations and quests 'could' vary the gameplay, but by my opinion on what variance is, it is unlikely. Random events could help though.

Every new monster adds animation exponentially to be done. Not only does that monster need more animations, but you have to factor in every breed that came in before it as well. I have no idea what I was going with when mentioning this, but yeah, new monsters are going to be a pain, and adding Loli's basically doubles the 'monster' count. It may be a superficial change, but it is a change equivalent to adding five new monsters at once, with the additional coding.

Anyway, just saying that while the issue of classes and how monsters work came up with Neoteny,it does actually help in the long run. It would just be time now versus time later. And who knows, maybe the code and class overhaul will make it easier to add other things like you suggested. (Like the Increda-tals class or whatever that gives the monster an increased bust/dick that is positively humongous, which wouldn't work with the last code system most likely as they would require different animations)
DraconisOminous

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 pm

You wanted examples. I gave you examples of what I think is more varied gameplay. If it involves more than selling/breeing then it's additional gameplay to me.

And while I understand the new system is more flexible, stuff like "huge dick" could be just a simple statistic. Right next to Fer or Str you'd have "dick" and no animations would be needed. It would be purely text.
unnecessaryaccount

Postby DraconisOminous » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:48 pm

unnecessaryaccount Wrote:You wanted examples. I gave you examples of what I think is more varied gameplay. If it involves more than selling/breeing then it's additional gameplay to me.

And while I understand the new system is more flexible, stuff like "huge dick" could be just a simple statistic. Right next to Fer or Str you'd have "dick" and no animations would be needed. It would be purely text.

I agree, that is your opinion. Never said it wasn't, just gave mine and pointed out how your examples allowed for the Trait to be additional gameplay, technically, by your own opinions.

Still would involve coding work, maybe easier coding, but coding all the same. And without knowing his actual code, we can't say how easy anything really would be comparatively, for Harista to do. Although having 'dick' and not 'breasts' and 'pussy' or some random female variable would be a bit odd.

Also, we could say everything could be text only or purely text that come up, but that way madness lies. I admire that Harista is going out of his way to make physical changes like Neoteny actually visible in the animation, rather than just slapping it and making it text only in this case. The breeder need not get visibly pregnant in animations either, but Harista added that in. Sure, the change might not be the greatest, but it still is there in the animations.

As it is, good luck and keep up the good work Harista.
DraconisOminous

Postby Ironvein » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Just a reminder of some of the existing gameplay issues:

1) Clients can still popup a trait requirement on the first try. At the beginning of the game it can be an insurmountable obstacle. Clients with a WIL < X can also prove problematic early game. Maybe disallow trait and less than requirements until a few months have passed.

2) Shop monster beginning stats in the midgame are still too high on average. The point of the game is to breed a better monster, but a lot of the time you can just buy the monster you need to fulfill client requirement. It begs the question of why the clients need the breeder rather than just going to the store.

3) Growth is still unbalanced. Too large early and it tapers off for no reason, making it annoying for players that like to max characters. It doesn't make sense for say a monster with STA + and STA 0 to suddenly get a 300pt boost from breeding with itself. The 'natural' function or whatever you have been trying to use is just NOT working.

Those are the gameplay flaws that really standout right now.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby WonderGamer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:44 pm

So I have a question: In cases like in the attached screenshot, does the highest value take priority (in this case, All) or does the singular values actually lower the requirement when they are lower than the All value?
Attachments
Breeding Season (conflicting stats).jpg
Singular stats lower than All stat.
Breeding Season (conflicting stats).jpg (60.48 KiB) Viewed 4552 times
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Belzaboo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:49 pm

I think the highest stat always takes priority, yeah.
Belzaboo
Newly Registered

Postby Ironvein » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:07 am

WonderGamer Wrote:So I have a question: In cases like in the attached screenshot, does the highest value take priority (in this case, All) or does the singular values actually lower the requirement when they are lower than the All value?

Yes it does, the higher value needs to be meet (the single stat no longer applies, it's a bug). I'm not sure what would happen in the case of a stat being a less than and an All stat though.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby DashBoard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 am

WonderGamer Wrote:So I have a question: In cases like in the attached screenshot, does the highest value take priority (in this case, All) or does the singular values actually lower the requirement when they are lower than the All value?

Since all the stats have to be above the "all stats" limit, the specific stats also have to be above the limit. In other words, All stats takes precedence over any specific stat.
DashBoard

Re: Breeding Season: Update 3.8 [Game Update 8/18/2013]

Postby Videl Lover » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 am

Well I've only just started to try and play this update but I'm unable to access the Monster shop. I click it but the menu doesn't come up even after I give it a couple seconds. I've tried it while it's in it's own tab and while it was on the thread page and can't access it. Though I can access the Ranch upgrades and I can access the 'Sell' option of the Consumable shop but not the 'Buy'. Again this is a fresh new game of course since Saves don't seem to transfer from update to update yet.(or might just be me).

I have tried several times by refreshing the page and even tried a different browser (IE, I know kill me) than my default which is Firefox(which is up to date). I've even tried it on Harista's blog site on both browsers and it won't access on either one. I've even cleared my cache and the sort and still doesn't want to let me access the monster shop. Then again it might just be me.(hope not)
Videl Lover

Postby DraconisOminous » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:50 am

Videl Lover Wrote:Well I've only just started to try and play this update but I'm unable to access the Monster shop. I click it but the menu doesn't come up even after I give it a couple seconds. I've tried it while it's in it's own tab and while it was on the thread page and can't access it. Though I can access the Ranch upgrades and I can access the 'Sell' option of the Consumable shop but not the 'Buy'. Again this is a fresh new game of course since Saves don't seem to transfer from update to update yet.(or might just be me).

I have tried several times by refreshing the page and even tried a different browser (IE, I know kill me) than my default which is Firefox(which is up to date). I've even tried it on Harista's blog site on both browsers and it won't access on either one. I've even cleared my cache and the sort and still doesn't want to let me access the monster shop. Then again it might just be me.(hope not)

Yeah, same here.
DraconisOminous

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 am

am I missing something I cannot use the shop to buy animals I cannot buy any consumable

or I don't understand mostly the text the creator wrote ( because I'm French )

or there is really a bug at the very beginning of the game and we cannot do a thing except buying an harpy ariary
FloraMeriadoc

Postby bandit747 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:50 am

Is it just me or is something wrong with the monster shop?

when I click on it nothing happens
bandit747
Newly Registered

Postby DashBoard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

Videl Lover Wrote:Well I've only just started to try and play this update but I'm unable to access the Monster shop. I click it but the menu doesn't come up even after I give it a couple seconds. I've tried it while it's in it's own tab and while it was on the thread page and can't access it. Though I can access the Ranch upgrades and I can access the 'Sell' option of the Consumable shop but not the 'Buy'. Again this is a fresh new game of course since Saves don't seem to transfer from update to update yet.(or might just be me).

I have the same issue, both in the downloaded version and in the browser version.
DashBoard

Postby TinCheese » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 am

Well I've only just started to try and play this update but I'm unable to access the Monster shop

Same
TinCheese
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:55 am

I know what the shop issue is, I'll have a hotfix up tomorrow morning.
HartistaPipebomb

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects