Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Update 3.8 [Game Update 8/18/2013]

Postby Ironvein » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 am

Why does this keep happening? You add something new and it breaks a whole lot of unrelated items, stuff that really shouldn't break at this point. How did the new trait have anything to do with the consumable shop? I assume that anyone with that chibi trait still produces their base consumable so what gives? As a programmer myself, I don't see how this kind of mistake can happen.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby Krios2401 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:49 pm

I can't access the monster shop or consumable shop.
Krios2401

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Krios2401 Wrote:I can't access the monster shop or consumable shop.

he already knows he is working on it I was one of the first one to try the new version and I already posted

that noone can have access to the monster shop
FloraMeriadoc

Postby DraconisOminous » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Ironvein Wrote:Why does this keep happening? You add something new and it breaks a whole lot of unrelated items, stuff that really shouldn't break at this point. How did the new trait have anything to do with the consumable shop? I assume that anyone with that chibi trait still produces their base consumable so what gives? As a programmer myself, I don't see how this kind of mistake can happen.

Harista tried to unlock all consumables from the start, so I assume that somewhere in the code, it broke down. So, no, it likely isn't because of Neoteny.
DraconisOminous

Postby chijon72 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Consumables got messed up because he tried to make all consumables available from the start, as stated in the first post.
chijon72

Postby adog80 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 pm

The monster shop won't load when you click it in the town. A but i just find.
adog80
Newly Registered

Postby pepidu13 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

i can't accesss at the monster shop but i can for the consumable
pepidu13
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Ironvein Wrote:Why does this keep happening? You add something new and it breaks a whole lot of unrelated items, stuff that really shouldn't break at this point. How did the new trait have anything to do with the consumable shop? I assume that anyone with that chibi trait still produces their base consumable so what gives? As a programmer myself, I don't see how this kind of mistake can happen.

Truth is the thing that broke this time didn't actually have anything to do with Neoteny itself, it was just a mistake I made transferring it from development to production version. I work with external XML documents that contain monster definitions/stats/etc when I'm making the game, and then copy those inside of as3 classes when I make the version that I release. It's designed this way because it's easier for me and might allow me to add mod-ability later on. This time I just forgot to do that :P. The fixed version is already up.

As for why not having monster definitions would break the consumable shops: in order to make a consumable it actually generates a monster and then bases the consumable off that monster, rather than randomizing the stats on the consumable. Generating a monster isn't particularly taxing computationally or memory-wise, and doing it this way the strength of store-bought consumables is always in line with the strength of store-bought monsters and lets me have consumables in the shops that are influenced by consumable traits, etc.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Lordofall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm noticing an issue with the player character being pregnant due in 1 day the game takes forever to move on to the next day and when it does you're still due in 1 day.
Lordofall
Newly Registered

Postby Feshtof » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 pm

So Dickwolfs are not spawning with +Sta and all the clients want very high stats for the beginning of the game, a lot higher than any other time I played, were requirements or stats tweaked? Makes it very hard for me to get animals the clients actually want.
Feshtof
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am

Feshtof Wrote:So Dickwolfs are not spawning with +Sta and all the clients want very high stats for the beginning of the game, a lot higher than any other time I played, were requirements or stats tweaked? Makes it very hard for me to get animals the clients actually want.

I think you're just unlucky. In the future I want to try to iron out the randomness a bit so you don't end up in impossible situations so often.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Videl Lover » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 am

OK so I think I've found a bug with the Changeling trait which doesn't seem to want to work for me. When I have a monster who has it and I get the impregnation animation I don't get sent to the new monster window and instead get sent back to the breeding window. I've had Dick Wolves Harpys Butt Stallions and Cat Girls who all had it and the same thing happens every time. Though if it works if I successfully impregnate the player.

I have tried saving then reloading, saving and completely refreshing the page and it still does it.
Videl Lover

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Videl Lover Wrote:OK so I think I've found a bug with the Changeling trait which doesn't seem to want to work for me. When I have a monster who has it and I get the impregnation animation I don't get sent to the new monster window and instead get sent back to the breeding window. I've had Dick Wolves Harpys Butt Stallions and Cat Girls who all had it and the same thing happens every time. Though if it works if I successfully impregnate the player.

I have tried saving then reloading, saving and completely refreshing the page and it still does it.

Yeah, this is definitely a bug introduced by changes to monster types. Also the fact that kittengirls are not recognized as catgirls by the clients. Both of these things should be fixed in the update on Sunday.

Keep rolling in the bug reports, guys, it helps me out a lot.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Justapuppet » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Well I wasn't planning to test it much just yet, but I decided to give it a little go and just have one concern that I've noticed so far.

When a new monster is born, it only gets raised stat caps in the stats that that new monster has positive growth modifiers for. Has it been like that for a while and I just haven't noticed?
Justapuppet

Postby Videl Lover » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:28 pm

I was wondering about when will the saves start to transfer over cause restarting tends to get a bit frustrating/annoying(but understandable) when you're just starting to get rolling then an update comes along and you have to start all over. Though seeing as I know as much about Java, Flash and the sort as much as a spider knowing how to tap dance, I have no idea how difficult it would be and mainly just curious.

Also another bug I had found was with the Neoteny trait. I had gotten a catgirl with it but the trait transferred to a newborn Butt Stallion and kind of glichted my game. I could still breed my monsters but time wouldn't reset if slept and I couldn't access the Stables. I was able to sell the Stallion and get rid of it but which fixed the glitch. I was also uable to view the stallion in the breeding menu.
Videl Lover

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Videl Lover Wrote:I was wondering about when will the saves start to transfer over cause restarting tends to get a bit frustrating/annoying(but understandable) when you're just starting to get rolling then an update comes along and you have to start all over. Though seeing as I know as much about Java, Flash and the sort as much as a spider knowing how to tap dance, I have no idea how difficult it would be and mainly just curious.

Also another bug I had found was with the Neoteny trait. I had gotten a catgirl with it but the trait transferred to a newborn Butt Stallion and kind of glichted my game. I could still breed my monsters but time wouldn't reset if slept and I couldn't access the Stables. I was able to sell the Stallion and get rid of it but which fixed the glitch. I was also uable to view the stallion in the breeding menu.

Making saves transfer is actually one of my highest priorities. I can't promise when I'll have it in the game, though, unfortunately.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Merlepee » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 am

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm sure you have a list of updates that fit your "dream" (I guess). I have some suggestions that I would like implemented. You don't have to read this or do anything about it. It is your choice to use this. I don't want you to give up:
The harpy has little boobs :D
Harvesting takes a while, so maybe there can be an orgy to collect the groups of monsters
Customizable Character (I don't care the variety, it can be 3 different variations for the hair.)
That's about it. It's a great game. :)
Merlepee
Newly Registered

Postby katie4565 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 am

The game is quite interesting so far, Can't wait to see more ^_^!
katie4565

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 am

Harista !

is it possible that one of the traits doesn't allow to have babies when one of the monsters have challenging ?

I thought because every building were full that I could not have babies but now I'm down to 2 monsters and

I can't seem to have babies with them is it normal or it's a bug ??
FloraMeriadoc

Postby DashBoard » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:30 pm

FloraMeriadoc Wrote:Harista !

is it possible that one of the traits doesn't allow to have babies when one of the monsters have challenging ?

I thought because every building were full that I could not have babies but now I'm down to 2 monsters and

I can't seem to have babies with them is it normal or it's a bug ??

definitely a bug.
Frustrating too, since my gold client requires some high stat Changeling, and I can't breed one with good max stats for that.
DashBoard

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects