Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Update 3.8 [Game Update 8/18/2013]

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:23 pm

gosh that's seem to be a big prob for you for now as for me I sold all my creatures except 2 I've got a wolf with challenging

max stats I wanted to have a different kind of fun and more colors too since all my creatures became Albino when I breeded

one creature that had mutagenic and the other one had human intellect at 100 % my cowgirl still have Albino but since she

also have " are you sure you are not adopted yet " I can have new colors but it doesn't work because of the bug with

challenging so I guess I'll go buy a new creature without challenging utill it's fix
FloraMeriadoc

Re: Breeding Season: Update 3.8.2 [Game Update 8/26/2013]

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 am

a little bug I notice if it's one, all creatures say incest, they are not related yet, new buy at the shop with unknown mother/father well at least 4 of my 5 monsters have unknown father/mother
FloraMeriadoc

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 pm

I never understood the point behind the INCEST status anyways. I know what it means, but does this cause some kind of penalty/bonus when breeding? Or is it there just for kicks?

I have a suggestion, but it seems you aren't taking suggestions without a donation, so I'm just going to throw this out here & see how many people agree with it: When you choose the same monster twice, it ends up breeding with you. In the case of male monsters, there's a small chance that you yourself could become pregnant. I might suggest that you get a creamshot animation when you do become pregnant from a male monsters (I can only image the look on your characters face when this happens, LOL), similar to how male/female animations work when your monsters become pregnant.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Privateer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:10 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:I never understood the point behind the INCEST status anyways. I know what it means, but does this cause some kind of penalty/bonus when breeding? Or is it there just for kicks?

I have a suggestion, but it seems you aren't taking suggestions without a donation, so I'm just going to throw this out here & see how many people agree with it: When you choose the same monster twice, it ends up breeding with you. In the case of male monsters, there's a small chance that you yourself could become pregnant. I might suggest that you get a creamshot animation when you do become pregnant from a male monsters (I can only image the look on your characters face when this happens, LOL), similar to how male/female animations work when your monsters become pregnant.

First part, it does, after a generation or two

Second part, in the off chance you're serious (after several moments of resisting the urge to snark), that's already a mechanic, though the "Creamshot" aspect is not.
Goood goood
Privateer

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Privateer Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:I have a suggestion, but it seems you aren't taking suggestions without a donation, so I'm just going to throw this out here & see how many people agree with it: When you choose the same monster twice, it ends up breeding with you. In the case of male monsters, there's a small chance that you yourself could become pregnant. I might suggest that you get a creamshot animation when you do become pregnant from a male monsters (I can only image the look on your characters face when this happens, LOL), similar to how male/female animations work when your monsters become pregnant.

Second part, in the off chance you're serious (after several moments of resisting the urge to snark), that's already a mechanic, though the "Creamshot" aspect is not.

That's what I'm getting at. The first part was an explanation of what we have now:
WonderGamer Wrote:When you choose the same monster twice, it ends up breeding with you. In the case of male monsters, there's a small chance that you yourself could become pregnant.
The second part (creamshot animation for breeder) was the suggestion:
WonderGamer Wrote:I might suggest that you get a creamshot animation when you do become pregnant from a male monsters (I can only image the look on your characters face when this happens, LOL), similar to how male/female animations work when your monsters become pregnant.
Make sense now?

While we're on the topic of impregnation of the player, how about switching it around & allowing the player to play as male as well. This would mean breeding with female monsters would yield a small chance of impregnation of the monster as well. Only issue with this is the storyline would have to be changed a bit to reflect the gender of the player. :idea:
Last edited by WonderGamer on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WonderGamer

Postby Campo92 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Little bug found, this can be easily avoided but better show it: when inserting your name, if click Spacebar instead of Enter o "Enter" button, if you skip the dialogue, the game freeze with a dark air
Campo92

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:I never understood the point behind the INCEST status anyways. I know what it means, but does this cause some kind of penalty/bonus when breeding? Or is it there just for kicks?

some like incest in the game it doesn't give much penalities unless if the father and daughter or mother and son

have negative stats the othr thing is if you keep breeding by incest and don't have incorrigible the baby born will

be retarded again no big penality and you can't sell them to clients I know I tried for fun :P
FloraMeriadoc

Postby DashBoard » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Incestuous breeding does lead to lowered stats, not to mention the Herp-Derp trait which lowers stats even more. That said, I like the idea to add the creampie to breeder-breeding as well, even if only for consistency's sake. That, and it is hot.
DashBoard

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:11 am

Please include a button to close the active window. Even a button to close all active windows would be great.
Zeus Kabob

Postby devron » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 am

Spacebar closes active window - makes things much quicker.
devron
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:10 am

Oh my, nice updates Hartista. I have a reason to come to LoK again lol.
FruitSmoothie

Postby DashBoard » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:46 pm

minor feature request: have the little windows that say that you released a monster go away if you click outside of them.
DashBoard

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:54 pm

devron Wrote:Spacebar closes active window - makes things much quicker.

Thanks for that.
Zeus Kabob

Postby t4d44 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Very good game here. Lots of potential.

What I'm wondering about is if it's possible to attach some kind of status effect notifier to the creatures so that you know what consumable they are under the effect of? Like a little tab to the side with icons that go solid when effects are on and transparent when they're off. It would make it much easier to keep track of things.
t4d44
Newly Registered

Postby CrazyMoFo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 am

OP, please PM me, I would like to make a donation. I have a couple of VISA gift cards I can mail.

Thanks.
CrazyMoFo
Newly Registered

Postby t4d44 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Another question.

Why don't the male creatures have balls? Kinda trivial I know but it seems kind of weird they don't have them in a game like this. I think giving the male creatures balls can help spice up animations (Give the girls something to fiddle with :P). Also, I wonder if their size could be effected by STA so that higher STA = bigger balls?
Last edited by t4d44 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t4d44
Newly Registered

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:24 pm

t4d44 Wrote:What I'm wondering about is if it's possible to attach some kind of status effect notifier to the creatures so that you know what consumable they are under the effect of? Like a little tab to the side with icons that go solid when effects are on and transparent when they're off. It would make it much easier to keep track of things.

While we're on the subject of consumables, I've noticed it is pretty hard to tell what consumables actually have a gain to them if it's extremely minor. I would like to see a color difference in the text when you are looking at stat modifiers on consumables. I figured blue would be good enough, then I got thinking maybe green would be better, where red could indicate a penalty in the stat modifier if it lowers it instead of raising it (currently not part of the game, but the color difference opens up the possibility of it).

WonderGamer

Postby Justapuppet » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 pm

I assumed all consumables would have a positive effect or advantage for using them (as they do right now), because there are probably only a couple of possibilities for negative effects that would ever be worth actually using.
However I've thought since the start that catgirl squirts are hardly useful at all, as their only real effect (aside from raising modifiers a little, as with all consumables) is to make it as though you hadn't used it at all :P
Justapuppet

Postby Residentlover2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:13 am

why all the males breeding scenes are so long and the ones with woman aren`t? THIS IS DISCRIMINATION (just kidding) lol I just asking for longer FxF scenes...
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

Postby Ironvein » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:15 am

I think I've discovered an unintended consequence of 'Human Intellect' (not sure if I'd call it a bug yet). HBomb originally made HI to copy traits off other monsters and then later hampered it further because it was too easy to collect traits that way by making it a rated stat to lower the chance of it happening early on.

I don't think it really fixed the issue because HI can still replace traits with higher rated versions of the same traits (including HI itself). What is happening is if you breed a monster with a higher rated trait than an HI monster, the HI monster can override it's current traits and absorb the new one (regardless of the level of HI or the trait itself, it just takes longer with a low level HI). This gives you a way to avoid the chance of HERP_DERP by just having the parent copy and beneficial traits off their offspring and then just getting rid of the kid. I don't think this was the intention of HI (correct me if I'm wrong HBomb).

I think the best way to fix it would be having the HI level also be the 'cap' of the strength a trait can be copied.

Say you have a HI monster with a rating of 1 and another monster with Hungry of 6. Currently although the chance per breed is low, the HI monster will eventually copy Hungry 6 (then mate the 6s to get a 10 and then copy that). My proposition is that the HI1 can get Hungry, but only at a max of level 1 (the same as HI rating). That'll also prevent monsters from boosting their HI level in this fashion as well. This should not effect HI monster born with traits with higher levels than it's HI level (since they were born that way).

The current way the Human Intellect is working just seems counter-inituitive to me for a breeding game, so I'm just bringing it up.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects