Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.3 [Update 2/28/14]

Postby buz_scooter » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:02 am

Hi

Just been playing both this Alpha and the previous one (4.2). Generally it's an interesting concept, but I think the following need addressing.

The control system is all over the place! this is a big problem in playability. It's all very fiddly.

I would suggest the animation screens are closed just by clicking anywhere in them not having to find the X in the top corner.
It's fine to have a continuation arrow If there is another animation to follow, but to exit out it should just be a click anywhere else on the panel
The feeding/Harvest in each pen might be better with a screen similar to the breeding or buy screens, these are much easier to use.
at the very least, it could be an idea to have a next monster option so you don't have to exit back to the main pen to select another monster to feed/harvest.
The current mechanism makes feeding/harvesting lots of monsters quite hard work with lots of clicks.

Generally you are using all types of buttons and controls to do jobs like exiting a screen/panel. Try to keep to just one consistent type and keep them in the same location on the page. Switching from top-right to bottom-left is a real usability pain in the rear.

As the game progresses, you need to have some consideration for the player. He/She needs to be able to quickly manage all their monsters. Potentially they could have 30+ monsters on the books.
It might be worth having everything on one screen, incorporating breeding, feeding and harvesting. You only need to go to the pens just for the view/atmosphere.

Like I said, I quite like the concept you have and the animations for the various interactions are great.

I've thrown several ideas in here and not all of them work together, but you do need to make some consideration to playability before you progress any further, graphics can come later. With a nice to use interface in place you can then concentrate on the fun bits like drawing what happens when you harvest a kittengirl or a demon :-)

finally , just a comment
I think I liked the graphic style in 4.2 over 4.3 ... sorry to your collaborators on that.
Maybe have the graphic style for the backgrounds similar to the animations style (if possible).

Keep up the good work.
buz_scooter
Newly Registered

Postby Uncle Sciz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:26 am

Congrats on reaching your $2k goal. Hopefully you guys can keep the ball rolling for just a little bit longer to hit the $3k goal.
Uncle Sciz
Newly Registered

Postby dekel10 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:51 pm

what's the debug code ?
please i really like this game but it's hard
dekel10
Newly Registered

Postby Ironvein » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:17 pm

dekel10 Wrote:what's the debug code ?
please i really like this game but it's hard

the current and only debug code is 'givememoney'. It adds 1000 gold every time you enter it.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby lostboy79 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:26 pm

I was curious is the trait "Too Strong" no longer in the game? I hadn't played since version 3.8 so I picked up 4.3 and started out playing for a while and I can't find that trait on any monster in the shop, I've found the "too Stronk" trait but no "Too Strong" I really liked having that trait since it made breeding so much easier.
lostboy79
Newly Registered

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 am

lostboy79 Wrote:I was curious is the trait "Too Strong" no longer in the game? I hadn't played since version 3.8 so I picked up 4.3 and started out playing for a while and I can't find that trait on any monster in the shop, I've found the "too Stronk" trait but no "Too Strong" I really liked having that trait since it made breeding so much easier.

I don't remember that trait, but perhaps too strong become too stronk or perhaps you thought it was wrote all the time

too strong but was actually too stronk
FloraMeriadoc

Postby Obsidia » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:04 am

So guys, i have been curious about something:

Is there anyway to interact with the marchioness right now? i mean go to the place that they mention when they appear at the first time?
Obsidia
Newly Registered

Postby zero139 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:47 pm

you know what would be nice? A list of all the animations that are currently available.
zero139
Newly Registered

Postby Ulgar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 pm

not sure if hartista is still checking here but i just saw the april fool post and i think that actually can be something really interesting in it. the arena combat sounds really cool and maybe in 3d with the right style could be even better.

i can take care of the 3d modeling, rigging and animation. if you are interested send me a pm and i'll show you some previews and ideas
Ulgar
Newly Registered

Re: Breeding Se ason: Alpha Version 4.3 [Update2/28/14]

Postby JaxPiper » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 pm

i have read your blog about changing this one of a kind game into a common RTS. now i see you are trying to make it family friendly but what you have is one of a kind and people donated for that game not battle breeders. you may not read this but keep that in mind
JaxPiper
Newly Registered

Re: Breeding Se ason: Alpha Version 4.3 [Update2/28/14]

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 am

JaxPiper Wrote:i have read your blog about changing this one of a kind game into a common RTS. now i see you are trying to make it family friendly but what you have is one of a kind and people donated for that game not battle breeders. you may not read this but keep that in mind

The post was meant as an April Fools' day joke.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Zio-san » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:43 am

zero139 Wrote:you know what would be nice? A list of all the animations that are currently available.

Although it's already in this thread somewheres,here's all the animations that are available to free users as of today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

breeding-gallery.jpg
aren't i awesome for reposting?
Zio-san

Postby Tymon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:44 am

This looks interesting... I'll check it out.
Tymon

Postby The4thSecret » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:44 am

Question (sorry if this has been asked before), how does the PC get pregnant? Also, does the Hol Milk increase chances of PC getting pregnant?
The4thSecret
Newly Registered

Postby The4thSecret » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:04 am

Huh, my other reply didn't seem to post: I wanted to know how the PC can get pregnant, I tried using the "harvest" option but no pregnancy yes.

Also, I encountered a very nasty glitch with the gold clients: I have all the requirements but it also states that "no negative effects" are needed. However, the monster in question doesn't have any negative effects, but it won't let me turn the monster in.
The4thSecret
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:35 am

The4thSecret Wrote:Huh, my other reply didn't seem to post: I wanted to know how the PC can get pregnant, I tried using the "harvest" option but no pregnancy yes.

It's not through the harvest option, it's through normal breeding. You need to use the same monster twice in order for you to breed with the PC, and then it's only a matter of the odds being in your favor.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby napala » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:45 am

The4thSecret Wrote:Also, I encountered a very nasty glitch with the gold clients: I have all the requirements but it also states that "no negative effects" are needed. However, the monster in question doesn't have any negative effects, but it won't let me turn the monster in.

Wait, it says "no negative effects" or "no downsides"?
Because one is something I've never seen before, and the other is a trait, that each monster you buy has a small chance to get.
napala

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Zio-san Wrote:Although it's already in this thread somewheres,here's all the animations that are available to free users as of today

Hmmmmm.....so we have up to 53 free scenes from a total of 195?
Are registered users already having access to all 195 scenes?
If I remember, most of the scenes are only one loop. I am saying that because it would be nice to keep pressing space to see other loops (a total of 3 in each scene at least, the last one being the cum loop). ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Colette » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:39 am

Uh, my first time posting here, and I just wanted to say that the game is looking pretty good! Not only the art, it's progressing quite nicely.

I'm here just to ask about this content replacement. Is it really happening, or going to happen? I like the dickwolf and buttstalion a fucking lot, and I'd really like for them to stay. Seeing them being replaced by furries would be an incredible joykiller. Yes, I know other people will like it, but the point stands, it's basically just changing one audience with another.

If they really are changing it, I guess I'd just like to know how anthro these anthro are going to be. As long as the face and torso are human instead of snout+100% fur, I'm fine with it. IMO, however, Monsterboys would fit quite nice with the current monstergirls, even if a bit more bestial then the girls.

I'd still prefer to be able to keep the dickwolf and buttstalion. An option to switch to them, that would be great. On the other hand, more work to do.
Colette
Newly Registered

Postby The4thSecret » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:00 am

@Vintage Bass: Thank you, I never would have thought about that on my own.

@Alphapan: That's what I meant, "no downsides." But the problem is that the monster didn't have and special traits (and the proper stats), so it may be a fault on my part or a glitch.

@Colette: I haven't seen new concept art for the Buttstalion yet, but the art change is more a styalistic choice on their part: it would look kinda odd having the old art with only two creatures. Still, it would be nice if (later on) they made an option in the start up menu for the style of creatures like the Buttstalion and the Dickwolf (that would also appeal to a wider audience).
The4thSecret
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects