Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.4.1 [Update 4/6/14]

Postby ElPresidente » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:03 pm

So..as I was saying. The current problem with the store is that it's damn hard to find a good monster, even if you only have 2 pens.. Let's say you are looking for futa catgirl. You can easily refresh the store several times before gettign even one (who might have bad stats).
Imagine how much difficult it is to find one when you have more pens. And given the cost of refreshing goes up and up it become madening.

So, proposed changes for store:

1) there are tabs for each monster type. Each monster type has 8 monsters in stock. Refreshing can refresh the entire stock (all mosnters) or jsut the specific monster type (cheaper). Tabs of monsters you dont' have pens for are greyed out.
This way, you know that you'll ALWAYS have 8 catgirls, 8 dickwolves, 8 elves, etc... to choose from

2) Keep the faces, not the monster icons. they can be used for mosnter tabs, but are unnecessary within a tab. In fac,t given that many people purchase monsters because of the specific look, a face is more informative.

3) Same applies to the breeding window. Faces, no icons. Use the sceen space avialable.

As seen above, use the screen with. Move the monster filter to the top row, and push both windows to the sides.
Add locks so the monster in the window is locked and any click will only update the unlocked window.
The free space you gain in the center could be used for aditional info (like parents for a monster)
AND the very center you can use to dispaly stats of the monster your mouse is hovering over. That way one can easily browse trough the list and have all relevant information.

Also, do something about the color/contrast. The current UI lacks sharpness.
ElPresidente

Postby Destrocto » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:05 am

Holy shit you did overhaul the UI and art man So far I love it.
Destrocto

Postby avrie00 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:59 am

Hi All,
Not a great place to post this I know ... I also posted on the Patreon site. I found it tough to keep track of which monsters carried which traits ... Etc. and got sick of writing notes on the back of envelopes ;-) Here's a handy little spreadsheet that lets you keep track of who has what trait, for anyone who would like it. The only thing I didn't bother tracking separately was the breeding Mods ... It Works either way I just tend to type in the + in color. I found that by the time you need this the stats are high enough, and change quick enough that it didn't pay to keep up with the numbers. Enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86_3F ... sp=sharing
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
avrie00

Postby eroticgrapefruit » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:29 am

donkeykon174 Wrote:Win^ So much win. I love the game so much it's ridiculous. My only request is for more m/f anal scenes.

Why the discrimination? Girl/girl and futa/girl anal scenes need love, too.
eroticgrapefruit

Postby VintageBass » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 am

eroticgrapefruit Wrote:
donkeykon174 Wrote:Win^ So much win. I love the game so much it's ridiculous. My only request is for more m/f anal scenes.

Why the discrimination? Girl/girl and futa/girl anal scenes need love, too.

And M/M?
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Duraiken » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:43 pm

I've been following this game for a few weeks now, following a link to it from a monstergirls encyclopedia board I frequent, and I've enjoyed what there is of it so far. I've come across something annoying though. When I first started playing it, it was on the computer of a family member (they had knee surgery and I've been helping them recuperate.) Yet I bring home on my computer and my virus scanner, Norton unfortunately, aggressively deletes it automatically, claiming it's a security risk but not giving any more detail I can understand. I've managed get it exempt from that, and a normal virus scan doesn't turn anything up. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I've used flash-based hentai games before, like fenoxo's TITS and Corruption of Champions, as well as the more dated Ero-Night, and never had problems like this before, or is this just Norton being Norton?

Also is there a wiki or guide or something along those lines yet? I have trouble getting enough money together to get past the first payment, and meeting the requirements for breeding sellable monsters has been annoyingly tough.
Duraiken
Newly Registered

Postby Darthan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Duraiken Wrote:I've been following this game for a few weeks now, following a link to it from a monstergirls encyclopedia board I frequent, and I've enjoyed what there is of it so far. I've come across something annoying though. When I first started playing it, it was on the computer of a family member (they had knee surgery and I've been helping them recuperate.) Yet I bring home on my computer and my virus scanner, Norton unfortunately, aggressively deletes it automatically, claiming it's a security risk but not giving any more detail I can understand. I've managed get it exempt from that, and a normal virus scan doesn't turn anything up. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I've used flash-based hentai games before, like fenoxo's TITS and Corruption of Champions, as well as the more dated Ero-Night, and never had problems like this before, or is this just Norton being Norton?

Pretty sure that the problem is Norton. I use Kaspersky and have never had any virus reports and I don't remember anyone else saying they had a problem, so the most likely culprit is Norton. God I hate that AV program. :lol:
Darthan

Postby Duraiken » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Darthan Wrote:
Pretty sure that the problem is Norton. I use Kaspersky and have never had any virus reports and I don't remember anyone else saying they had a problem, so the most likely culprit is Norton. God I hate that AV program. :lol:

About what I figured, I mostly wanted as many other opnions I could get, and maybe an idea on how to deal with it so I don't need to worry about it when it's time for updating the game. The options I changed in Norton I think will do the job (to stop doing automatic deletion of "untrustworthy programs" without asking me first,) but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I'm having trouble getting the stats of monsters up for even bronze category sales. Anyone have any advice? I've mostly been sticking with Catgirls and Dickwolves.

Also has the Donate Monsters to the Monster Store feature been put in, and if so how do you do it?
Duraiken
Newly Registered

Postby InfoMan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Further Issues-

Pixelation.
it is some what obvious that it is intentional that some of the work is done at a smaller size and then scaled up to the game producing some pixelated images, giving the game a 'retro' look. However, there is a limit and this game is currently skirting dangerously close to going over it. It is going from 'retro' looking to 'lazy' looking, so toning it down, even if only in option form, is highly suggested.

Menu.
Visual cues are great... but they are not universal. As such, the 4 buttons on the in game option menu (save, load, options, main menu) are actually confusing until you actually press them to figure out what they do. Not only that, these buttons have no click confirmation, which means a minor missed click (which is easily possible as mentioned in my previous post in that selection fields are not highlighted so you don't actually know what you're clicking) can result in you over-riding a save file or loading out of a decently progressed game.
InfoMan

Postby Twichie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Darthan Wrote:
Duraiken Wrote:I've been following this game for a few weeks now, following a link to it from a monstergirls encyclopedia board I frequent, and I've enjoyed what there is of it so far. I've come across something annoying though. When I first started playing it, it was on the computer of a family member (they had knee surgery and I've been helping them recuperate.) Yet I bring home on my computer and my virus scanner, Norton unfortunately, aggressively deletes it automatically, claiming it's a security risk but not giving any more detail I can understand. I've managed get it exempt from that, and a normal virus scan doesn't turn anything up. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I've used flash-based hentai games before, like fenoxo's TITS and Corruption of Champions, as well as the more dated Ero-Night, and never had problems like this before, or is this just Norton being Norton?

you can set up a directory that norton will ignore, assuming your using 360
open your Norton window

Click Settings then click Antivirus and open the Scans and Risks tab
scroll down to Exclusions / Low Risks and configure a directory in both the
Items to Exclude from scans
Items to Exclude from Auto Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection

however setting this up may also lead to an actual virus if one does slip in a file or flash program accidently
Twichie

Postby seraph12 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 am

so why wouldn't you keep the old designs of the animal pens until you're completely finished with the new ones?
seraph12
Newly Registered

Postby The4thSecret » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 am

I'm having trouble getting the stats of monsters up for even bronze category sales

It took me a while also, if you want to increase the stat cap of monsters you need to breed one with another that has higher stat caps. For example: if you have a harpy that needs STR 100 but the only one you have has a STR cap of 40 breed it with a Dickwolf with a STR cap that's 100 or higher (works the other way around too).

As for actually increasing the stats, breed monsters with similar stat boosts to get a slightly better boost by the child (inbreeding is the easiest way, but only do so once or twice). If a monster with stats/perks/boosts that you want to keep has a negative stat effect all you need to do is breed it with a monster with boosters that can negate the negative stat change (it will take a couple tries). Example: Bob the Dickwolf has a will boost, but a dexterity reduce. So all I need to do is get Cindy the Catgirl, who has a dexterity boost, to breed with him and the child won't have the stat reduce! If it doesn't work then try until you get a critter with results that please you.

so why wouldn't you keep the old designs of the animal pens until you're completely finished with the new ones?

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. Still, the derpy workers are amusing.
The4thSecret
Newly Registered

Postby freepheonix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 am

Ive always been a interested in the lok games posted on this site but ive never been interested enough to make an account until I played this game. So yeah just wanted to let you know that ur awesome
freepheonix
Newly Registered

Postby Livingshadow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi, I've only just started playing this game, in other words...I am a major noob on it.
umm, just basic questions really...

Though I don't want to cheat right the way through the game (it takes the fun out of it)
What are the debug codes for it exactly?
Are there any other breeders? because you have a guild for them...

And am I stuck being a female character? or am I doing something wrong...I don't mind playing as a female (because I myself am one) was abit curious since for your options, you can choose something like: female/female, male/male or female/male...

Was abit confused, since clicking on the female/female option so I wouldn't have to see female/female action, but having a main female character...still see her, well farming when it comes to my female breeders.

Am I doing something wrong?
Livingshadow
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Livingshadow Wrote:And am I stuck being a female character? or am I doing something wrong...I don't mind playing as a female (because I myself am one) was abit curious since for your options, you can choose something like: female/female, male/male or female/male...

Was abit confused, since clicking on the female/female option so I wouldn't have to see female/female action, but having a main female character...still see her, well farming when it comes to my female breeders.

Am I doing something wrong?

Those options are more towards the animations with the monsters themselves (and maybe yourself with said monsters), not to choosing your gender or anything else. Well at least with the breeding scenes are concerned, the farming animations are a bit different, so I don't think those count. So those options at the beginning are more towards those in the breeding, not anywhere else.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby avrie00 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 pm

And am I stuck being a female character? or am I doing something wrong...I don't mind playing as a female (because I myself am one) was abit curious since for your options, you can choose something like: female/female, male/male or female/male...

Just to add to what VintageBass said, H-Bomb has already hinted that there will eventually be male and female player characters, but right now the game is early in development and He and S-Purple are concentrating on the new artwork and animations. I'm not positive but I'll stick my neck out and say that a few updates in the future you should be able to choose your gender.
avrie00

Postby toradrow777 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 am

I know that the debug codes are supporters only, but could someone at least share at least the code for more money, assuming it's in the game right now?
toradrow777
Newly Registered

Postby FurrinGok » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:48 am

toradrow777 Wrote:I know that the debug codes are supporters only, but could someone at least share at least the code for more money, assuming it's in the game right now?

That code has been shared somewhere, I don't know if it's been changed since, but it's pretty easy to guess if it's the same.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby VintageBass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:53 am

FurrinGok Wrote:
toradrow777 Wrote:I know that the debug codes are supporters only, but could someone at least share at least the code for more money, assuming it's in the game right now?

That code has been shared somewhere, I don't know if it's been changed since, but it's pretty easy to guess if it's the same.

I think it's "givemoney." At least I think it is. I know it's been mentioned plenty of times, a search through the topic would make things easier.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby avrie00 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:08 pm

I know that the debug codes are supporters only, but could someone at least share at least the code for more money, assuming it's in the game right now?

The old code was "givememoney" but that doesn't work anymore. I don't want to get in trouble with the team, but I did post a formal request to H-Bomb on the Patreon site to please share that code again. I agree you really need that one code to survive Delilah and play the game. But just in case you you were not aware; you can simply choose to continue the game even if you don't make the payment, and when you do have enough for the payment it picks up right where you left off without skipping a beat.

As soon as he reply's with permission I'll post It here.
avrie00

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects