Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.2 [Update 10/1/14]

Postby assShapedBoggart » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:29 pm

I have gotten used to the new pictures now... well mostly, demons were a lot cooler before. they look better than the old ones to me now. However does anyone else find that huge thing that suddenly appears (holstauros x demon) disturbing? I think you should only use the full-body-view for the mating scenes and try to keep them somewhat the same size. (except of course if its something like midget x midget vs giant x giant) It will give the game a better sense of unity. Preferably also for other scenes and you should at least have a better build-up, unless of course its surprise-tentacle-butt-rape, in which case make it as surprising and disturbing as possible. ( it worked with Emi Ibarazaki )
assShapedBoggart

Postby Albedo28 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 am

I never thought I'd actually end up missing some of the old art. The new sex scenes have a style that really appeals to me but until they have the fun variation of successful insemination versus unsuccessful they'll be missing that certain something for me.
Albedo28

Postby Stevenator » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 am

(long time lurker finally made account)

I really dislike the newer art. Not to be mean but almost all the models are too...fat, I don't mind there being fat ones at all it's not really my thing but it can still be sexy but basically all of them are I just don't see what's so attractive about them all having tree trunk sized thighs.
It's just like all those MNF games where the women have oversized like Z cups or something, bigger isn't just infinitely better.

Still enjoy the game though for a long time it seemed like it was going to be dropped glad it wasn't I just hope they add in a few more monster models that are to my tastes, they don't seem like they're catering to that wide a range of people now at all.
Stevenator

Postby doll » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:44 am

I have to agree with you, Stevenator. I also noticed in an increasing trend for fat fetishism for nearly all models. It's not like all characters are obese, but nearly none of them are truly thin or approaching normal sizes, especially in the bust department (excepting 1 or 2 novelty monsters). They are really more catering to the, in my opinion, mindless "BIG TITS, BIG BUTTS" crowd which is sad to see.
doll
Newly Registered

Postby CranicalHead » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi,
I agree with you guys, Stevenator and Doll, but if I understood correctly, the devs are going to redo the entire coding of the game, I read it in the 1st of September update. So they might change the drawing and animations and make them completely different in the next Public Release, let's hope so. You can also check http://breedingseason.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ if you want, it's FAQ made by a contributor but it seems pretty reliable.
CranicalHead

Postby manticore912 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:11 am

I personally like the new looks of the art and characters, but it's an ever evolving game so expect things to change, a lot. I don't mind seeing people giving real constructive criticism about art in a game but a lot of what I've read here, and on the devs tumblrs, are just peoples opinions. This game is being made in a way that the devs and artists love and they are trying their best to make everyone happy but they won't be able to, I just hope peoples comments on the art and whatnot don't bring down the devs at all. Would hate for this to become another of those promising but unfinished games that haunt the LoZ forums due to folks like us saying 'we don't like change, change it back'.
manticore912
Newly Registered

Postby Hound Archon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Stevenator Wrote:(long time lurker finally made account)

I really dislike the newer art. Not to be mean but almost all the models are too...fat, I don't mind there being fat ones at all it's not really my thing but it can still be sexy but basically all of them are I just don't see what's so attractive about them all having tree trunk sized thighs.
It's just like all those MNF games where the women have oversized like Z cups or something, bigger isn't just infinitely better.

Still enjoy the game though for a long time it seemed like it was going to be dropped glad it wasn't I just hope they add in a few more monster models that are to my tastes, they don't seem like they're catering to that wide a range of people now at all.

As an opinion piece from a fellow long-time lurker, I actually appreciate the changes to the models. There are two things approaching fat in the (currently available to non-Patrons) game, and neither are particularly surprising, namely Holstauri and a singular NPC known in-canon for being exceptionally busty. Cat-girls lean on the unreal proportions, but they always have, and elf girls have decidedly normal, if slim, proportions. Not to discount Harpies either, whom embody slender features. If I were to reach into the Patreon content, I guess Ogre Princess fills the bill too, but I guess I'm not seeing the excess fat you're talking about, could you detail it more? The descriptor for the models leaning on the fat side is a bit (forgive my pun) slim.

In response to animations lacking, well, it's a WIP, and they are making strides in that direction as a team from what I understand off the blog. There's already a backlog of combinations that have no animation, and only a handful of the existing animations are of the newer variety still.
Hound Archon

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

Postby Mintykiss » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:39 am

Recently discovered this gem of a breeding game, so made a forum account to post here. I *love* the art, which suspiciously reminded me of Shwig, who made the BroQuest project come alive with his art until it was discontinued... and so, after a little searching, I realized S-Purple IS Shwig. That makes me love the game even more! Keep drawing bountiful boobs, gigantic cocks and pretty guys for me to Breed, Shwig/S-Purple <(*ε*< ).

Donating a buck to Patreon seems like the easiest thing in the world. :3

Anyway, I wanted to mention version 5.3 which has the most annoying bug right now with not being able to view the renamed "Stallions" page in the breeding pen. Ugh, please fix that immediately. x.x

But I like the new Seraphs! It's nice having a breeding monster that doesn't procreate normally... that way I can focus on breeding male monsters only. There needs to be a male version of the Seraph now so I can breed my females singularly, too.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I found my Seraph in Roxie's Monster Shop a day after I finished the quest *and bought the aviary upgrade*. I heard the Item Shop will randomly sell the potion, too, but I haven't seen it yet.
Mintykiss
Newly Registered

Postby tyler_eli » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 pm

@Hound & stevenator;
I don't find the new art repulsive, with the exception of the Holstauruses' unusual tapered waist, and the new art and GUI gives a feel of an upgrade from a plastic connect-4 game to an xbox. But the old art has one up when it comes to having more finished animations, and consistency: The new monster art came with new color palettes, some monsters have colors that others don't, as a result, if you bred a cyan-haired demon with a red catgirl you get either a cyan-haired demon or a red catgirl, but never a cyan catgirl or vice-versa. That was something available in the old version where all monsters had each other's colors.

@Minty;
I, on the other hand, have been following BS since its earliest v4, though I only found out today that H-bomb had a thread in these here forums. S-purple is a good and fun artist,but I dunno what's come over him these last couple of weeks.

About the stallion tab bug, I wouldn't worry about it too much, they only have 1 animation with holstauruses and a half-baked one with ♀-elves. The bug will be fixd in the next update/rehaul in a week if you're a patreon, or more than a month if you ain't.
tyler_eli

Postby ElPresidente » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:19 pm

I think the elves could use thinner legs...and no stockings. Those white open stockings are meh.
ElPresidente

Postby Mintykiss » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:10 pm

"DUDE he's totally pocketing the money and not doing a damn thing. WHY ARE YOU ALL SHEEP! BUNCH OF FURRIES! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

I gotta say, the amount of trolling and imaginary/fantastical expectations H-Bomb AND S-Purple gets is ridiculous. So what their patreon receives almost 24k a month? People have been criticizing it, as if he should lay down and die because he's not working fast/hard enough. As if shoving money at him makes him superman and everything is suddenly all-knowable, all-doable. Instantly, amazing artists, animators, and programmers appeared out of nowhere. There was no hiring process, no need for background checks! NONE of them were money-hungry assclowns lying about their abilities and trying to get a piece of Breeding Season's "windfall" of Patreon cash and then pissing off to who knows where ("I'll get right on that man..."). Also, none of them turned him down because they didn't think a game like "Breeding Season" on a resume wouldn't look strange anywhere else. In this dreamworld the trolls have imagined, there is no taxman. Patreon doesn't take a cut. Suddenly, the team of three turns into a whole production on par with Bioware or Bethesda.

All right, so I'm ranting a bit and adding a bit of my own imaginary flourish. Meh :/

FYI US State taxes will actually take at least half of all the patreon revenue, if not more because its fucking ridiculous. Also, Patreon takes about 8-10% cut (I think). Not sure if there's any other asshats with palms open, like Amazon. If you go through Kickstarter, Kickstarter with take a cut of 10%. Then Amazon will come by and demand 10% just because they're Amazon. I wonder if all those people who made money on Kickstarter got the surprise of a lifetime when they realized that, not only does Kickstarter AND Amazon demand a percentage, but the US state department of Taxation your butthole hard comes by with a fine of about 50% of the total made.

Damn. I sound like an old man ranting at this point.

Anyway.

I also hate how cruel people are to S-Purple, though, even though he posts Breeding Season stuff regularly and only has nice/funny things to say, people leave "Asks" on his tumblr saying shit things, like discrimination or what have you. I don't know why he responds to them publicly, except to showoff the assholes to everyone and how they don't get to him.

IN OTHER NEWS

I'm glad H-Bomb has been keeping up with the updates on his blog. And I sure hope he posts the new build today for Patreon supporters. I'm looking forward to it.
Mintykiss
Newly Registered

Postby Schulzelchen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:30 am

Mintykiss Wrote:"DUDE he's totally pocketing the money and not doing a damn thing. WHY ARE YOU ALL SHEEP! BUNCH OF FURRIES! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

I gotta say, the amount of trolling and imaginary/fantastical expectations H-Bomb AND S-Purple gets is ridiculous. So what their patreon receives almost 24k a month? People have been criticizing it, as if he should lay down and die because he's not working fast/hard enough. As if shoving money at him makes him superman and everything is suddenly all-knowable, all-doable. Instantly, amazing artists, animators, and programmers appeared out of nowhere. There was no hiring process, no need for background checks! NONE of them were money-hungry assclowns lying about their abilities and trying to get a piece of Breeding Season's "windfall" of Patreon cash and then pissing off to who knows where ("I'll get right on that man..."). Also, none of them turned him down because they didn't think a game like "Breeding Season" on a resume wouldn't look strange anywhere else. In this dreamworld the trolls have imagined, there is no taxman. Patreon doesn't take a cut. Suddenly, the team of three turns into a whole production on par with Bioware or Bethesda.

I don't really understand where the drama comes from. People will complain on the internet. Complaining about complaints seems foolish.

Otherwise, this Patreon seems like a way to donate money to people. I don't think people donating to charity care that they don't get anything out of it. People shouldn't donate to a Patreon if they want a product out of it. Patreon seems like a place to put money if you like someone, not like buying a game.
Schulzelchen
Newly Registered

Postby derpaderp314 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 am

So, I've just reached breeder nirvana in my first playthrough: fertile 10 + true breeding 10 + breeding stock 10 equals unlimited high quality monsters. I can now quite easily hit all of the gold/silver/bronze targets and make a ton of money. I've also finished the elf quest line and unlocked the seraphs. What else is there to do after this point other than hit each monthly repayment? What's up with that feral lady that appears in the beginning of the game, can you do anything with her?
derpaderp314
Newly Registered

Postby jfenly » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 am

Just found this game, and I'm having fun with it. I encountered a bug that seems pretty obscure, so I'm posting it here with the save file.

Version: 5.3
1. Load save (inside zip--it wouldn't let me attach a .sol file).
2. Breed Ennis (Demon, Gentle trait, FER- among other mods) to Martica (Harpy, Resemblance trait, various mods).
Result: Martica loses 106 FER.
Expected: Gentle trait should prevent loss of stats.

This doesn't happen with any other pairing I've found, including others with Gentle and FER-. Maybe it's an edge case where the stat loss exactly equals the monster's stat amount? (FER became 0, but growth mod didn't change.)
Attachments
00000001.zip
(17.26 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
jfenly
Newly Registered

Postby ScarletSky » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:09 am

Started getting into this game as of late. Any good tips for getting a decent flow going in the beginning? It seems like a grind fest to even get the first two plans (monster homes).
ScarletSky
Newly Registered

Postby Monkey_Zombie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 am

I've been playing it for a short while now and when Margo gives me the support money sometimes my game freezes. Other times events load on top of one another like the catgirl random encounter will appear on top of a successful breeding where offspring was produced. Is there any place I could report these bugs?
Monkey_Zombie
Newly Registered

Postby Furman12 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:53 pm

any chance for the 5.4 demo? its been some time shins us who are unable to donate seen anything new
Keep the blue fox alive in are hearts never let her be forgot
Furman12

Postby truelty » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 pm

I still don't understand why there is still no diversity with the nipples. Not everyone likes pregger nips.
truelty
Newly Registered

Postby DrDefault » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 am

Mintykiss Wrote:Recently discovered this gem of a breeding game, so made a forum account to post here. I *love* the art, which suspiciously reminded me of Shwig, who made the BroQuest project come alive with his art until it was discontinued... and so, after a little searching, I realized S-Purple IS Shwig. That makes me love the game even more! Keep drawing bountiful boobs, gigantic cocks and pretty guys for me to Breed, Shwig/S-Purple <(*ε*< ).

Donating a buck to Patreon seems like the easiest thing in the world. :3

Anyway, I wanted to mention version 5.3 which has the most annoying bug right now with not being able to view the renamed "Stallions" page in the breeding pen. Ugh, please fix that immediately. x.x

But I like the new Seraphs! It's nice having a breeding monster that doesn't procreate normally... that way I can focus on breeding male monsters only. There needs to be a male version of the Seraph now so I can breed my females singularly, too.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I found my Seraph in Roxie's Monster Shop a day after I finished the quest *and bought the aviary upgrade*. I heard the Item Shop will randomly sell the potion, too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Hey, how did you get the quest to obtain the Seraphs
DrDefault
Newly Registered

Postby Free-kill » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:50 am

Minor bug spotted in 5.3; when breeding a stallion with a cow, the order you pick them affects their appearance. I only noticed because my holstaurus is green one way, and purple with a different hairstyle the other. I only have one cow atm, so I know it's the same one. Looked closer and the stallion is also a slightly different colour.
Free-kill
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects