Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

Postby RationalPerv » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:02 pm

I love your game and I honestly believe that you should sell it on steam or something (might have to hide the adult bits, but it's got a great mechanic that I love and I am very interested in.

Have a few things I'd like to mention to you guys just as some as some suggestions

First, can you allow us a way to upgrade our maximum energy we have each day from 1000 to more (like 1500 to 2000 to at most 4000). It makes trying to mate when I got numerous things difficult and brutal. Plus, It would give players something to spend money on. and it would help greatly when we have so many animals to breed

Second, can you reduce harvest to a lower number. I feel it's too ungodly high.

Third, a place to increase our rancher's stats and skills.

maybe able to buy equipment like breast milkers machines, flesh lights that get cum and stuff that can give passive bonuses to your animals'

can't wait to see what you people will make and I am so excited as to discover what will be next. Personally, i hope we get spider girls, Trolls, Banshee's, and more as well as traveling
RationalPerv
Newly Registered

Postby John Doe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:17 am

how long does it take for the character to give birth?
John Doe
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:41 pm

It's like with monsters, happens instantly. Supposedly the fertilized egg is teleported to a monster dimension where the creature grows up.

I hope someday they introduce a trait which allows a few days of actual pregnancy... Would be hot. I particularly love that the player character can breed, even though she doesn't stay pregnant for any time yet.
Shaknah

Postby mr_johnson » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:23 am

Hey guys, just tried version 6.3

Game is pretty cool but is it me or there aint many animations?

So far I've had
Wolf x cat; Wolf x F_elf
Stallion x Cat; Stalion x F_elf; Stalion x player; Stalion x Cow
Demon x cat; Demon x F_elf; Demon x player; Demon x Cow
M_elf x Cat; and that's it?
Cat x cat; Cat x player; Cat x Cow; Cat x Harpy; Cat x F_elf
Cow x player (and cat and males)
Harpy x... nothing? (except xCat)
(F_elf x males)

Which makes 17 animations
Didn't try any futa yet though... nor any gay stuff
mr_johnson

Postby Shaknah » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:51 pm

I know what you mean. You're missing a few but I don't remember clearly... Futa cow does male elf for example (which somehow gets the cow pregnant, heh). I think some animations were lost when they changed the models a ways back, making the dickwolves more anthro. Apparently the "feral" tag will make the wolves back into quadrapeds.

I kinda just won in 6.2, I had about a dozen animals with "*FN555" prefixed on their names. I "created" a system to keep track. There ought to be some sort of super-compact colored DNA strip so we can tell at a glance whether the desired traits were inherited.

My system evolved in a silly way. The first 5 meant "5 in all the important traits: Geyser, Iron Will, All Night Long". Then I added the F prefix for Futa when I decided to get that on everybody. Then I realized, oh wow, Greased Lightning is literally broken (negative energy costs at moderate levels. Wrapping back around to positive, but still worth it). So the second digit indicates Greased Lightning level. The third digit is Too Stronk, which...

I STILL don't know what breeding power actually does!!! Anyone help :(

The N was "nurturing" for 20% more inherited stats. I didn't notice that actually doing anything, but okay. The * represented Incorrigible 5, the last thing I bred for. Made breeding a lot simpler, though everyone had the same appearance pretty quick :( I should have mixed in "Mutagenic" but that would make the filtering process harder.

I think from harvests alone I would probably be making... maybe 50k a day? I haven't done the math but I think I would have won at that rate. I was very close to a million gold and my payment was only up to 12,000. I only wonder because it's exponential, like the grains of rice on the chessboard... But 6 months in the future I'd only have to pay 768,000, and at 50k a day I should have accumulated the 10million overall.

Problem is there's a bug in 6.2 that ruins the inventory. It might be due to having too many different item types, because fishing or diverse harvesting seem likely to trigger it. All the inventory disappears except for the first few rows, and further harvesting doesn't work. I didn't see anything obviously wrong in the exported savedata and I didn't nail down the exact cause, but I bet it's fixed in 6.3 so who cares. I'll give 6.3 a go sometime and see. I think they nerfed/fixed Greased Lightning, which will slow me down a little, but it should still only take a few months to make optimized cum factories now that I know what I'm doing. Plus mutagenic so they don't look like clones.

And apparently 6.3 adds a lot of harvest animations! Currently as f_breeder x monster placeholders, but still. I think I'll switch back to male breeder though... m_breeder x demon is fucking hot to me.

... But what does breeding strength/too stronk dooooo :lol:
Shaknah

Postby sdibolcrif » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Shaknah Wrote:I hope someday they introduce a trait which allows a few days of actual pregnancy... Would be hot. I particularly love that the player character can breed, even though she doesn't stay pregnant for any time yet.

They actually used to have that, before they threw out their old WIP and completely redid the game.

They used to actually have in-game instructions, too, but apparently that wasn't worth keeping T_T

On that note, how do monster stats work these days? I haven't played since the old system where they actually affected their mate's stats
sdibolcrif

Postby Shaknah » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm not sure about some parts, and they're generally less important than traits, but here goes.

The part I do know is that each stat has a starting value and a letter grade F to S. The letter grade is how much that stat increases on levelup. It's a fractional amount, so it takes multiple levels for a stat to go up (even at S I think). There used to be "dash" where a stat wouldn't increase at all, but I think that was removed. Level caps at 100, and final stats at that point, for my creatures, were about 99 for S, 80 for A, 70 for B, etc. Depends on starting values.

So level up, get stats according to the letter grades. Gaining multiple levels per fuck is possible and very common now, and it seems to work fine.

Now the tricky part, breeding. I just took a horse and a cow who both have E str and F dex. I bred them 12 times. About half the time the offspring had D str and F dex. The other half, E str and F dex just like its parents. It *never* had E dex. I think there's some weird actual genetics stuff going on there. For example, my cows are all genetically identical incorrigible futa clones now. Their unholy offspring always have *exactly* the same stat letters. (The cows all have Nurturing for "offspring inherit 20% higher stats", which does seem to slightly improve the starting stats of later generations)

So... I'm not sure how to get higher letter grades in the first place, but I think it involves careful controlled breeding over several generations, and bringing in new blood might help a lot. Fortunately it practically doesn't matter compared to traits. With "All Night Long 5" each monster gets 6X as many hearts as normal. That typically means about 10 hearts for normal starting stamina levels. So having F stamina is bad, but not really a big problem. The stat values are all pretty much eclipsed by the traits, once you get them up, and breeding for traits is more straightforward. If you breed two monsters with a trait, the offspring will have the trait and there's a chance of it improving. Very simple.

Except that just now while testing, my clone-cows had an offspring missing All Night Long. Which I was sure was impossible! Haha this game.
Shaknah

Postby Hayran » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Hello, how do I unlock more rooms?
Attachments
123456.jpg
Hayran
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:43 pm

I don't think it's implemented yet. Probably will be done by fulfilling requests, based on the stars. But for now, 3-4 star requests just unlock more traits. And in at least one case, a scene (the elves).
Shaknah

Postby sdibolcrif » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks for the info Shaknah! It'll be nice to actually have some idea what I'm doing :)
sdibolcrif

Postby majorreese » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:50 am

How do I raise happiness?
Is there some sort of guide to this game, or just in-game narrative to guide you?
majorreese
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:20 am

Happiness goes up from having sex ;) It goes up faster if they have "nymphomaniac", and goes down if their stored hearts overflow and empty (happens if you don't harvest them). There's also a trait which makes the other monster lose happiness :shock:
Happiness doesn't seem to have any effect at this point, though.

And... There isn't really a proper explanation of the game mechanics at this point. I don't think the in-game intro has been updated since several features were changed. There may be a wiki soon, last I checked it was empty.

Also to possibly answer my own question, someone said that strength increases the amount of XP the other monster gets from breeding. Kinda like charisma. I haven't checked that though.
Shaknah

Postby majorreese » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Sex = happiness. Makes sense, haha.
What about energy? Can you raise that or do you just have to feed monsters to decrease energy cost?
majorreese
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:11 pm

You can't raise daily energy, but getting "Greased Lightning" on your creatures reduces their energy costs a whole lot. Even harvesting. In 6.2 energy costs often went negative, so you kinda COULD raise your energy :lol: But then they'd wrap around to positive again if it went too far, was weird. I think that's fixed in 6.3 though I haven't checked.
But yeah... Greased Lightning lowers energy costs a whole lot. Cat squirt and stallion cum help a ton for the first few months. Huh, "stallion cum" still makes me blush :oops:
Shaknah

Postby majorreese » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Is there a spread sheet of what animations are implemented into the game or something alone those lines? I haven't found a single animation involving female breeder
majorreese
Newly Registered

Postby mr_johnson » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:31 am

F breeder + horse
F breeder + demon
F breeder + almost all female monsters
mr_johnson

Postby mangleisbae » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:24 pm

All your updates are for patrons, at least give us unlucky few who don't have money or only use PayPal some stuff. honestly you'd get more credit/money, and definitely more attention. just please take this into consideration, and give us unfortunate few some things. Ihonestly
mangleisbae
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 am

They're releasing free updates, patrons just get them sooner. About 1-2 months sooner.
Honestly they already seem overfunded. I think most people are funding just to get access to the better content, because it's worth it. But they're due for a free update soon, there was just a development slump. It hit patrons first, now it's hitting the free version.
Shaknah

Postby adamwest69 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:37 am

I wish you would choose another company besides Patreon, I was subscribing to your project for four months, the email I used for the login got recycled so I couldn't get my password reset, they refused to even respond to my requests to have a new account set up. Ended up spending $40 for nothing. I had to reset my credit card and because of all the hassle I'm not sure whether I'll resubscribe or not. Horrible customer service.
adamwest69
Newly Registered

Postby mangleisbae » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:20 am

yeah I know, but its still aggravating. I mean he should release for public like way earlier. You know what I'm saying Shaknah?
mangleisbae
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects