Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.1.1 [Update 9/5/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby Mechaphantom » Sun May 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Justapuppet wrote:
HartistaPipebomb wrote:...
3. Butts - 'Nuff said


thank


YAY FOR BUTTS! Looking forward to that.
Mechaphantom
 
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby eroticgrapefruit » Mon May 13, 2013 3:08 am

HartistaPipebomb wrote:3. Butts - 'Nuff said


You missed a big opportunity to have this on the donation voting, I'm sure it would've raked in a couple hundred bucks :P
User avatar
eroticgrapefruit
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:58 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby DraconisOminous » Mon May 13, 2013 3:52 am

eroticgrapefruit wrote:
HartistaPipebomb wrote:3. Butts - 'Nuff said


You missed a big opportunity to have this on the donation voting, I'm sure it would've raked in a couple hundred bucks :P


You could say it would have been a major asset.
DraconisOminous
 
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby eroticgrapefruit » Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 am

DraconisOminous wrote:
eroticgrapefruit wrote:
HartistaPipebomb wrote:3. Butts - 'Nuff said


You missed a big opportunity to have this on the donation voting, I'm sure it would've raked in a couple hundred bucks :P


You could say it would have been a major asset.

http://instantrimshot.com/
User avatar
eroticgrapefruit
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:58 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby DraconisOminous » Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 am

eroticgrapefruit wrote:
DraconisOminous wrote:You could say it would have been a major asset.

http://instantrimshot.com/


I don't know how instant it would be to the rim. Though given the monsters in the game, I think it would still be quite sudden though it would take a while to finish.
DraconisOminous
 
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby fivesteaks » Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 am

DraconisOminous wrote:
eroticgrapefruit wrote:
DraconisOminous wrote:You could say it would have been a major asset.

http://instantrimshot.com/


I don't know how instant it would be to the rim. Though given the monsters in the game, I think it would still be quite sudden though it would take a while to finish.


I think you're thinking of rimjob
fivesteaks
 
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:14 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby DraconisOminous » Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 am

I know what I was thinking of, I was twisting words. I was combining rimjob and cumshot. Hence the 'length' comment as well.
DraconisOminous
 
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby eroticgrapefruit » Mon May 13, 2013 5:10 am

fivesteaks wrote:I think you're thinking of rimjob


Some of these should be included in the butt update.

Butt update. I like the way that sounds.
User avatar
eroticgrapefruit
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:58 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby Mechaphantom » Mon May 13, 2013 7:14 pm

I have no idea what a rimjob is, I'll have to look that up.


1. Rimjob

the act of orally stimulating the external anal sphincter to cause sexual arousal

My girlfriend puked while giving me a rimjob so i slapped the bitch.



I not sure if I can get into that. That something I'd never do or want done to me :P.
Mechaphantom
 
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby insignificant » Tue May 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Hello all, i like this game, but how can i have the 6th monster?
insignificant
Newly Registered
 
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby DraconisOminous » Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm

insignificant wrote:Hello all, i like this game, but how can i have the 6th monster?


Here is the answer I have gotten from asking much the same question.

The monster is coded in, but not actually in the game itself.
DraconisOminous
 
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby Mechaphantom » Tue May 14, 2013 8:51 pm

The 6th monster not playable yet it just in the data it going to be demon place holder till it or a male monster wins the donation month.
Mechaphantom
 
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby dickwolfbreederpro » Wed May 15, 2013 2:29 am

There is no incest warning when the player is involved even if she is the mother of the animal.
dickwolfbreederpro
Newly Registered
 
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby Ironvein » Wed May 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Hmm, a child that inherits 'Human Intellect' from a parent doesn't seem to be able to learn any other traits from the parent through breeding. So it seems anyway.

And of course the First Breed after posting that transfers the remaining trait. :oops: nm.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein
 
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 am

FPTP Voting Systems

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Okay, so just a warning in advance that this post is going to get pretty political.

The system currently used for donations is pretty much a First Past the Post (FPTP) system. The feature with the most votes wins (I will refer to the amount donated to each idea as votes for simplicity). The thing is that FPTP is a terrible voting system in that it has three major flaws: 1) It encourages tactical voting; 2) There are wasted votes and 3) Similar ideas have separate votes, meaning that votes are split between them.

Let me show you how these three stop the donation system from working properly. I have played your game a lot, across multiple versions, and as such I am pretty bored of the content that is already in the game, so I want to vote for more content to be added. I don't have either of the fetishes that are being voted for (Neoteny and Futanari) and I'm straight, so I M/M animations don't appeal to me. What I really want is for a new species to be added in. I don't care too much which one, but Bunnygirls is probably my top choice.

Here comes the first flaw of FPTP. To maximise the chances of (or minimise the time until) a new species being added, I have to vote for Alarunes, not Bunnygirls. This is tactical voting: I have to vote for something other than my top preference, because my top preference has less chance of getting in.

This links in with the second flaw, because all votes that don't go to the top ideas are essentially wasted. Admittedly you account for this by having multiple voting rounds, but something like Dragons won't get added for several months, if it ever is.

The third flaw is the worst, and is the cause of the other two. Because each idea has it's own voting pile, regardless of how similar it is to the others, ideas that are unique do better than ones that are similar. This month, "Winners were Male/Male Animations with $170 and Neoteny with $165", and that sounds fair when you think that Alarunes only got $50, but when you total up all the new species donations and see that $182 was donated to add a new species in (something that everybody benefits from) it seems a bit wrong to be adding a fetish option that only had $165 donated for it.

My solution to this would be to group ideas into categories, and the at the end of each month total up the donations for each category and add the most wanted feature of the most donated for category.
IrrelevantComment
 
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: FPTP Voting Systems

Postby deathreaper711 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 am

IrrelevantComment wrote:Okay, so just a warning in advance that this post is going to get pretty political.

The system currently used for donations is pretty much a First Past the Post (FPTP) system. The feature with the most votes wins (I will refer to the amount donated to each idea as votes for simplicity). The thing is that FPTP is a terrible voting system in that it has three major flaws: 1) It encourages tactical voting; 2) There are wasted votes and 3) Similar ideas have separate votes, meaning that votes are split between them.

Let me show you how these three stop the donation system from working properly. I have played your game a lot, across multiple versions, and as such I am pretty bored of the content that is already in the game, so I want to vote for more content to be added. I don't have either of the fetishes that are being voted for (Neoteny and Futanari) and I'm straight, so I M/M animations don't appeal to me. What I really want is for a new species to be added in. I don't care too much which one, but Bunnygirls is probably my top choice.

Here comes the first flaw of FPTP. To maximise the chances of (or minimise the time until) a new species being added, I have to vote for Alarunes, not Bunnygirls. This is tactical voting: I have to vote for something other than my top preference, because my top preference has less chance of getting in.

This links in with the second flaw, because all votes that don't go to the top ideas are essentially wasted. Admittedly you account for this by having multiple voting rounds, but something like Dragons won't get added for several months, if it ever is.

The third flaw is the worst, and is the cause of the other two. Because each idea has it's own voting pile, regardless of how similar it is to the others, ideas that are unique do better than ones that are similar. This month, "Winners were Male/Male Animations with $170 and Neoteny with $165", and that sounds fair when you think that Alarunes only got $50, but when you total up all the new species donations and see that $182 was donated to add a new species in (something that everybody benefits from) it seems a bit wrong to be adding a fetish option that only had $165 donated for it.

My solution to this would be to group ideas into categories, and the at the end of each month total up the donations for each category and add the most wanted feature of the most donated for category.


The first flaw that you've listed is simply fixed by donating more. If you want to be cheap and donate less, then sure, Alarunes would be the choice to go. If you don't care about the cost, then simply donate more and get the option that you would prefer in, sooner or later it will be put in. This flaw is simply based on how much you personally make and how much you're willing to donate. The people who donate more, deserve to get the options that they spend their money on, in.

Second flaw that you've listed, this isn't true. Neoteny was at 0$ for the longest time during the first round of voting. By your logic, it would have been an "essentially wasted" vote/donation. But it wasn't. In the second round of voting it amassed a large amount quickly due to the competitive nature of the voting, which nets Hartista more money. Furthermore it's already been stated that almost all of the options will be put in eventually, and those that simply donate enough for that round of voting will have the feature they want. This is also donating, to keep the project alive, whether your option wins or not, it's a contribution to the author, who was doing this for free, and is now accepting options or features, or various other things, in return to those that pay the highest. This is very fair for both parties, maybe if you're not donating much and are entitled enough to believe you're owed more.

The third flaw doesn't even make any sense. It's varied like it is for people who WANT specific things, INCLUDING female/male monsters. I can't even begin to fathom how you believe everything is similar when it comes to races. For example bunny girls, or dragons, or minotaurs aren't the same as alarunes or even "similar". Why would you even amass a group of differing things and have people who donate MONEY and may want something specific rather than what a large group wants? Personally i would be pissed if i spent over a hundred dollars and the vote in the same "category" donated half or even less got in, simply because someone rigged the votes or maybe even more people wanted it. Either way the person who individually gives more, should get more. Furthermore why would you be catered to in wanting a new species when the creator said that he mostly cares about his own preferences and the preferences of the donators? Considering you're complaining about the fact that people donated a large amount of money for features they wanted and are now receiving (and features "you" don't want), it doesn't really give much merit to the fact that you're mostly just having a dressed up argument that makes literally no sense and is mostly "I don't like it, do what i want, this is why".

This isn't some form of pity voting system where the person who donates the lesser amount should get the most or the amassed amount of a plethora of varying options should have all of their options in, or options that you personally want in, or hell even if a larger group wants them in, just because you think it's unfair. Hartista obviously wants to be paid for his effort, and have the people who donate for things they want be rewarded for their generosity, especially since both donations amassed almost 200 dollars per. As a donator i find it incredibly baffling that people such as yourself and on the commenting section of the blog are actually complaining to this extent. Also if what you're saying is even remotely how you feel or what you believe, then what about this with last month's votes? Where was your "Hark thee, injustice on my porn! My preferences in porn mean more than those who pay for it!"?

Also your "solution", cuts out the individual with preferences that are also optional for everyone (If you don't like it, don't enable it). If a person chooses to donate 100+ dollars for something they find arousing, and they win? Then they deserve their option, because in most cases a majority of people may not want the same thing. As a donator if it was amassed into groups, i would stop donating. What you're proposing is truly unfair, especially to the individual who actually donates more. I'm already incredibly grateful that Hartista has this system in place, so that people who want specific things, can be catered to, whether it's at an exorbitant cost or not.

One last thing is, he's also adding Demon's and a plethora of other stuff per month besides the donation votes, so again, your entire argument makes no sense, other than entitled complaining. I still find it incredibly ridiculous that those who were incredibly generous are berated (Not you berating anyone mind you, i mean on the blog comments.), or complained against, if you don't like something added, then donate more and disable it, and wait. The world will not end because you have to wait a month or two, i assure you.
deathreaper711
 
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby SapphicKatherine » Thu May 16, 2013 1:41 am

I don't want to see another dick any more than you do, IC, but your argument is a bit flawed.

On one hand you say that it's a problem that something specific will have to wait several voting rounds, but then you suggest to put everything in categories. If "New Species" is a category, how is it decided what the new species would be? Most people aren't going to want to put money down on a feature if they aren't sure of what they're getting. If you put money down hoping for bunny girls and wound up getting an octophallus tank instead, you got your new species, but it sure isn't what you were hoping for, was it?

Personally I think that Alarunes should be taken off the voting page if for no other reason than Hatista has already put some work into them and seems close to ready to put them in anyway. Might as well just put them in and let the votes go toward another feature.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few gameplay options getting some love. Would people be willing to skip adding fetishes for a month or two if that meant they would get a guild with different stat building/trait acquiring features, or a shop that sold permanent items/upgrades?

As long as we're wishing, am I the only one who wants to see the other Holstaurus scenes? I can't wait to see my cows get milked in the harvest scene.
SapphicKatherine
 
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:39 am

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby Lucky777 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 am

The current system has its simplicity to commend it.
It's perfectly true that single, broader categories have an advantage over multiple narrower options, in polls like the one set up for the "donation voting".
But I certainly don't see that as a reason to change the system so that an item with less cash ascribed to it takes precedence over an item with more cash ascribed to it.

Not all the options were weighted evenly, but Hartista is entitled to weight them unevenly, according to his own convenience, preference, or arbitrary wish.

There is no problem here.
User avatar
Lucky777
 
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 am
Location: Chambers: Bandit Division

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Thu May 16, 2013 3:17 am

SapphicKatherine wrote:I don't want to see another dick any more than you do, IC, but your argument is a bit flawed.

On one hand you say that it's a problem that something specific will have to wait several voting rounds, but then you suggest to put everything in categories. If "New Species" is a category, how is it decided what the new species would be? Most people aren't going to want to put money down on a feature if they aren't sure of what they're getting. If you put money down hoping for bunny girls and wound up getting an octophallus tank instead, you got your new species, but it sure isn't what you were hoping for, was it?

Personally I think that Alarunes should be taken off the voting page if for no other reason than Hatista has already put some work into them and seems close to ready to put them in anyway. Might as well just put them in and let the votes go toward another feature.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few gameplay options getting some love. Would people be willing to skip adding fetishes for a month or two if that meant they would get a guild with different stat building/trait acquiring features, or a shop that sold permanent items/upgrades?

As long as we're wishing, am I the only one who wants to see the other Holstaurus scenes? I can't wait to see my cows get milked in the harvest scene.


Demons and Alarunes will be going into the game relatively soon regardless of whether they win the voting. However, I won't be able to put in their animations just due to time constraints. Once I've put them in as a gameplay element, the voting will be specifically for their animations to be included. For the most part, I'll be continuing to add new gameplay-associated things completely separate of how the voting goes and the voting will be primarily just about new art and sex scenes.

Also, new holstaurus scenes are going to be in the next update! Since I had to push it back a bit I might (might) be able to finish all of them.

I'm still considering possible changes to the way the voting system works. One of them would be having it so that features that would take me less work to do get more bang for their buck on the voting page; as in, donating the same amount of money to a feature that will take me 10 hours to complete over a feature that will take me 20 hours to complete will raise it higher on the ranking than it would've otherwise. A benefit of this system is that if I can complete it faster I can get more other stuff into the game too, so possibly I will just take a certain number of hours worth of the features at the top of the voting rather than exactly two (as in, four 10 hour features vs two 20 hour features). Of course those numbers are just placeholders I'm not sure exactly how long it takes me to complete things so this month I'm paying closer attention to that.

The other thing I'm considering is having a separate "gameplay features" voting list and doing it such that I take the top feature from the "art and animations" list and the top feature from the "gameplay features" list each month. This will allow you guys to have more control over what kind of gameplay-related things go in next.

Of course, before I do any changes I'll make sure it's done in a way that's fair to the people who've already donated.
HartistaPipebomb
 
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:24 am

Re: FPTP Voting Systems

Postby IrrelevantComment » Thu May 16, 2013 9:08 am

deathreaper711 wrote:The first flaw that you've listed is simply fixed by donating more. If you want to be cheap and donate less, then sure, Alarunes would be the choice to go. If you don't care about the cost, then simply donate more and get the option that you would prefer in, sooner or later it will be put in. This flaw is simply based on how much you personally make and how much you're willing to donate. The people who donate more, deserve to get the options that they spend their money on, in.


Flawed logic, if I have $10 I'm willing to donate, and say Alarunes are on $50 and Bunnygirls are on $40, then at best I can make Bunnygirls equal to Alarunes. Your logic is that if I want to improve those chances I can donate more? Okay, so I have $20 to donate. My options now are either to make Bunnygirls go to $60 or Alarunes go to $70. No matter how much money you put in (unless you can afford to single-handedly send an idea to the top of the list) it is beneficial to vote for Alarunes.

And yes, of course there will be some people who want Bunnygirls much more than Alarunes who wont see it this way, but some people will, and it discourages people like me from making donations.

deathreaper711 wrote:Second flaw that you've listed, this isn't true. Neoteny was at 0$ for the longest time during the first round of voting. By your logic, it would have been an "essentially wasted" vote/donation. But it wasn't.


You haven't addressed the issue at all. While it may be possible for an idea with no donations to be popular enough to go straight to the top, that doesn't mean that all features can or will do that. The less popular ones will still be wasted votes.

deathreaper711 wrote:This is very fair for both parties, maybe if you're not donating much and are entitled enough to believe you're owed more.

No, I've never voted. I'm not acting entitled, simply saying that the current voting system discourages me from voting.

deathreaper711 wrote:The third flaw doesn't even make any sense. It's varied like it is for people who WANT specific things, INCLUDING female/male monsters. I can't even begin to fathom how you believe everything is similar when it comes to races. For example bunny girls, or dragons, or minotaurs aren't the same as alarunes or even "similar".

If Alarunes are added, we get a new scene for each current monster. If Dragons are added, we get a new scene for each monster. Someone who just wants new animations (ones that aren't M/M, Futa or Neoteny) simply wants a new species to be added. If you want to differentiate between female and male monsters in your groupings, then fine. Each one is still more popular than they are currently represented as being.

Personally i would be pissed if i spent over a hundred dollars and the vote in the same "category" donated half or even less got in, simply because someone rigged the votes or maybe even more people wanted it. Either way the person who individually gives more, should get more.

Personally I would be pissed if I gave $50 to one idea and somebody else gave $50 to a similar idea, and we both lost because somebody gave $70 to a different idea.

Furthermore why would you be catered to in wanting a new species when the creator said that he mostly cares about his own preferences and the preferences of the donators? Considering you're complaining about the fact that people donated a large amount of money for features they wanted and are now receiving (and features "you" don't want), it doesn't really give much merit to the fact that you're mostly just having a dressed up argument that makes literally no sense and is mostly "I don't like it, do what i want, this is why".

Not much here worth responding to. The fairness of a voting system is independent of the result; this has nothing to do with what has won in the past or what I wanted to win.

This isn't some form of pity voting system where the person who donates the lesser amount should get the most or the amassed amount of a plethora of varying options should have all of their options in, or options that you personally want in, or hell even if a larger group wants them in, just because you think it's unfair.

Thanks for summarising my argument, oh wait, that wasn't what I said at all. Nice Strawman.

Hartista obviously wants to be paid for his effort, and have the people who donate for things they want be rewarded for their generosity, especially since both donations amassed almost 200 dollars per.

Yes, I am suggesting no-one should pay to vote. Clearly I am not trying to suggest a fairer voting system that might encourage people to donate. Nice Strawman.

Also if what you're saying is even remotely how you feel or what you believe, then what about this with last month's votes? Where was your "Hark thee, injustice on my porn! My preferences in porn mean more than those who pay for it!"?
Because a month ago I didn't realise there was anything wrong with it? And look, another Strawman.

Also your "solution", cuts out the individual with preferences that are also optional for everyone (If you don't like it, don't enable it). If a person chooses to donate 100+ dollars for something they find arousing, and they win? Then they deserve their option, because in most cases a majority of people may not want the same thing. As a donator if it was amassed into groups, i would stop donating. What you're proposing is truly unfair, especially to the individual who actually donates more. I'm already incredibly grateful that Hartista has this system in place, so that people who want specific things, can be catered to, whether it's at an exorbitant cost or not.
It doesn't cut out anything. Clearly there's something you are failing to understand about my argument if you think I am advocating the removal of any feature.

One last thing is, he's also adding Demon's and a plethora of other stuff per month besides the donation votes, so again, your entire argument makes no sense, other than entitled complaining.
uhhh... this doesn't address my argument at all.

I still find it incredibly ridiculous that those who were incredibly generous are berated (Not you berating anyone mind you, i mean on the blog comments.), or complained against, if you don't like something added, then donate more and disable it, and wait.
AGAIN, you seem to think I have a problem with the content being added. I don't.

SapphicKatherine wrote:On one hand you say that it's a problem that something specific will have to wait several voting rounds, but then you suggest to put everything in categories. If "New Species" is a category, how is it decided what the new species would be? Most people aren't going to want to put money down on a feature if they aren't sure of what they're getting. If you put money down hoping for bunny girls and wound up getting an octophallus tank instead, you got your new species, but it sure isn't what you were hoping for, was it?

But the money doesn't reset each month. Say you vote for Bunnygirls, and as a result the New Species category gets into first place with $200. The month ends, and the top species, Octophallus, wins. Not what you were hoping for, no, but it's better to you than Neoteny (otherwise you would have voted for Neoteny). So say next month New Species wins again. The money that you put into Bunnygirls helps that become first place.

The advantage of this is that your donation to Bunnygirls helps the new species category in every round until Bunnygirls is chosen, so even if you vote for something like Dragon, which has hardly any votes, you are still contributing and affecting the voting each round.

Lucky777 wrote:But I certainly don't see that as a reason to change the system so that an item with less cash ascribed to it takes precedence over an item with more cash ascribed to it.

Not all the options were weighted evenly, but Hartista is entitled to weight them unevenly, according to his own convenience, preference, or arbitrary wish.


Those sentences are complete contradictions.
But I agree with the second one, Hartista is entitled to weight them so that similarity between ideas is taken into account, if he chooses to do so.
IrrelevantComment
 
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bugley, Google [Bot], MPLDAM9919