Red (Warning: Bongo drums)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Red (Warning: Bongo drums)

Postby darkxhitman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:44 am

couple of questions is there any scenes with the mermaid in the beginning? also with the drunk guard is there anything on him if so everytime i click on him nothing happens... also i have had trouble going through the red curtain to the bar i click on that and nothing happens ive once made i through there but now i have problems... also i havent been able to activate the orgy scene that also isnt working im not sure where you are suppose to click but some feedback would be much appreciated thanks
darkxhitman
Newly Registered

Postby DD-209 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 am

darkxhitman Wrote:couple of questions is there any scenes with the mermaid in the beginning? also with the drunk guard is there anything on him if so everytime i click on him nothing happens... also i have had trouble going through the red curtain to the bar i click on that and nothing happens ive once made i through there but now i have problems... also i havent been able to activate the orgy scene that also isnt working im not sure where you are suppose to click but some feedback would be much appreciated thanks

I don't think there are any mermaid scenes implemented yet, same with the drunk guard. Are you "dirty" when you try to pass the curtain? If so, go to the mermaid pool and click on it to clean up, then you can enter. Not sure why you can't activate the bar cave orgy, you should be able to highlight and click somewhere near the center of the scene (where the elf is taking a monster from each side).
DD-209

Postby Trogdor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:41 am

DD-209 Wrote:
darkxhitman Wrote:couple of questions is there any scenes with the mermaid in the beginning? also with the drunk guard is there anything on him if so everytime i click on him nothing happens... also i have had trouble going through the red curtain to the bar i click on that and nothing happens ive once made i through there but now i have problems... also i havent been able to activate the orgy scene that also isnt working im not sure where you are suppose to click but some feedback would be much appreciated thanks

I don't think there are any mermaid scenes implemented yet, same with the drunk guard. Are you "dirty" when you try to pass the curtain? If so, go to the mermaid pool and click on it to clean up, then you can enter. Not sure why you can't activate the bar cave orgy, you should be able to highlight and click somewhere near the center of the scene (where the elf is taking a monster from each side).

I think DD-209's pretty much summed it up. The game is still buggy as HECK, but all the scenes that can be played should be playable -- though sometimes in the wrong order. No idea why that happens, but I'll figure it out.
Trogdor

Postby Trogdor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:55 am

danowka Wrote:"Red" is the only game i'm looking for on this forum! Do the best game ever, Trogdor. I really love the main character) More blowjobs and titjobs!

Oh, and now you can buy some Cola for your pizza from DD-209 =)

Thanks Danowka!
Trogdor

Postby Trogdor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:57 am

Also, thanks to all the folks who've donated. I really appreciate it, guys and gals.
Trogdor

Postby Ariel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:45 pm

I love the new scene, especially the tied up spanking part. Thanks again for the great scenes, you seem to keep making ones that are exactly the type I like.

Edit: I do have one request though if it isn't too much trouble. The flashing background during the Grommian Boar scene kinda gives me a headache, if you could try to slow down the flashing or use a different effect or something I would appreciate it. Of course it isn't too much of a huge issue, I just quickly choose a new scene during that section so if you're partial to that effect it isn't a real big deal. Thanks again.
Ariel

Postby happytriggz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:33 am

yo trogdor, I know a thing or two about sound editing and mixing. If I could got a hold of a sound library of sample, I could sync up sounds with your animation. Can you pop in a mp3/wav and script it to play with flash functions (button presses, area, etc )? I dabbled with flash for a very brief time, so my knowledge of it's capabilities is quite limited. I'd love to help out with this project, and since my credit card is currently loaded, this is the next best thing to donating for more animating fuel.
happytriggz

Postby Borkenone » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 pm

The texts are a little hard to read since they proceed out of player's control.
Borkenone

Postby Monkraso » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Loving the work so far mate!

Well excited for any troglodyte action :D any plans?
Monkraso
Newly Registered

Postby DD-209 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 pm

I like the environmental detail you've added to proto2 - stuff like that makes the world feel more alive.
DD-209

Postby Bmx » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 pm

So I have no idea how to activate the bar scene. Anyone know how?
Bmx
Newly Registered

Postby jerkface » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:45 am

This has good content and is actually being developed at a decent pace, but ugh, that ground stutter is annoying and your game generally controls like molasses. But the fix isn't impossible. Your two best options are to either fake the physics or spend forever tweaking your character controller and rework the physics engine so you're properly computing the ground's normal force. I would personally opt for faking the physics because your content doesn't seem to need it.
jerkface

Postby Trogdor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:19 pm

jerkface Wrote:Your two best options are to either fake the physics or spend forever tweaking your character controller and rework the physics engine so you're properly computing the ground's normal force.

Buddy, if you're assuming I know what either of those things means, you're assuming waaaay too much.
Last edited by Trogdor on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trogdor

Postby Trogdor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Bmx Wrote:So I have no idea how to activate the bar scene. Anyone know how?

In the second scene of the bar (gotta walk to the left of the area with the dark elf and sleeping troll) there are three trolls sitting at tables. Click the middle one.
Trogdor

Postby Trogdor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Monkraso Wrote:Loving the work so far mate!

Well excited for any troglodyte action :D any plans?

Yesssssss great and terrible things
Trogdor

Postby Trogdor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Borkenone Wrote:The texts are a little hard to read since they proceed out of player's control.

Can you elaborate on this Borkenone? Do you mean that they're going off-screen, or that they change too quickly for you to read?
Trogdor

Postby Trogdor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm

happytriggz Wrote:yo trogdor, I know a thing or two about sound editing and mixing. If I could got a hold of a sound library of sample, I could sync up sounds with your animation. Can you pop in a mp3/wav and script it to play with flash functions (button presses, area, etc )? I dabbled with flash for a very brief time, so my knowledge of it's capabilities is quite limited. I'd love to help out with this project, and since my credit card is currently loaded, this is the next best thing to donating for more animating fuel.

Hey happytriggz, I appreciate the offer but editing sound is somewhere down a long looong laundry list of stuff that needs to happen on this game. I'll touch base with you later about this if you want, when I've got some of my other boxes checked.
Trogdor

Postby happytriggz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Trogdor Wrote:
Hey happytriggz, I appreciate the offer but editing sound is somewhere down a long looong laundry list of stuff that needs to happen on this game. I'll touch base with you later about this if you want, when I've got some of my other boxes checked.

mos def Trog. Just gimme the word and I'm on it!
happytriggz

Postby jerkface » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Trogdor Wrote:
jerkface Wrote:Your two best options are to either fake the physics or spend forever tweaking your character controller and rework the physics engine so you're properly computing the ground's normal force.

Buddy, if you're assuming I know what either of those things means, you're assuming waaaay too much.

Faking the physics you need in 4 easy steps:
1) Hard set your character's Y position.
2) Create variables to contain your character's MovementSpeed and CurrentVelocity.
3) Set CurrentVelocity based on what keys are pressed. (If right arrow down: CurrentVelocity = MovementSpeed. If left arrow down CurrentVelocity = Movementspeed * -1. If neither down: CurrentVelocity = 0.)
4) Each frame, get the frame time, multiply that by your current velocity and then add that number to your character's X position. (Position.X += CurrentVelocity * FrameTime)

There are a few more things you need in order to get it working really smoothly, but that's the basic gist of it. Let me know if you're still confused/have more issues.
jerkface

Postby Trogdor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:18 pm

jerkface Wrote:
Trogdor Wrote:

Faking the physics you need in 4 easy steps:
1) Hard set your character's Y position.
2) Create variables to contain your character's MovementSpeed and CurrentVelocity.
3) Set CurrentVelocity based on what keys are pressed. (If right arrow down: CurrentVelocity = MovementSpeed. If left arrow down CurrentVelocity = Movementspeed * -1. If neither down: CurrentVelocity = 0.)
4) Each frame, get the frame time, multiply that by your current velocity and then add that number to your character's X position. (Position.X += CurrentVelocity * FrameTime)

There are a few more things you need in order to get it working really smoothly, but that's the basic gist of it. Let me know if you're still confused/have more issues.

Cool, thanks for elaborating. I'll take another crack at it.
Trogdor

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects