PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Pokemon: Pink Version [Update 5/25]

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:29 pm

As I understand it, lolicon is about the appearance of pre-teen or early teen girls (whether actually that age or under-developed). Small breasts and hips, thin bodies, round faces. Head size is somewhat larger than adults because children's heads are actually bigger, and in cartooning this is exaggerated even more to make them cuter.

That said, the head and breast size for your loli both seem a little too big to me, and I think the hip curves should be very slight. But it's not a game killer for me; I'll happily go with your artistic taste. It does at least say lolicon, in a cartoonish way.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:17 am

I tried redoing it to more traditional loli standards but....I don't think i have it in me. Everything just came out really weird looking to me.....weirder than they already do. At least I like the previous artwork enough to allow them to stay. If there's a big enouh outcry about changing them then I can always do so later.

I'm sad to report that I haven't made any progress in the artwork department as it's been a very busy week for me. However, I am happy to say that Val has began fleshing out the maps for chapter 2 which should cover Pewter and up to just before Vermillion. We're adding a few more details and tweaks to chapter one which should be out later this month.

Edit: Added a poll. It'll be up u til the end of the month.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:50 pm

I was thinking about other Pokemon that are technically male only, such as Hitmonchan/Lee as well as pokemon like Mr. Mime. That made me think back to Red, Blue and Yellow which only had Nidoran male and females separated. For other pokemon I saw differences that could make them male or female of the same species. Examples would be Hitmonlee as a male and Hitmonchan as female and Mr. Mime as male and Jynx as female. I'd like to apply that outlook and give the original "male" only pokemon the Nido family treatment.

We'll also be explaining in game why these pokemorphs were effected and why regular pokemon with both genders had males that were not effected....at least not to the same degree.
Last edited by Dapper Gent on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dapper Gent

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:I was thinking about other Pokemon that are technically male only, such as Hitmonchan/Lee as well as pokemon like Mr. Mime.

Except that the Japanese have Mr. Mime with a more gender neutral name and once the genders were introduced in Gen II... the name is more or less a bit of lack of foresight. Plus in the anime, the Mr. Mime that's usually shown is also gender neutral, meaning that even with the introduction of genders, it'll be safe and it's up to fans to decide what Mimey is. The English dub, on the other hand, just went with it.

Not to mention that there is also a baby version, which does require incense to get, and I'm pretty much rambling at this point. So far I haven't kept track of this, but seeing this is bringing out my inner nerd. I would like to say that while I'm for a potential shemale/futa/herm Mr. Mime, the idea kinda scares me a bit.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Technically 98% of the original pokemon could have been seen as gender neutral, even in the anime. Though truthfully, I should probably research the differences between the Japanese and English versions of both the original games and anime. Right now my view and knowledge are both a bit biased. As I said, that's just how I remember it when I played red and blue.

And...right? The idea of a Mr. Mime like that is intriguing, even if I'm not a personal fan of shemale/futa/herm, yet also terrifying. I might to do a version just to see it....and potentially scar myself for life.
Dapper Gent

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Dapper Gent Wrote:And...right? The idea of a Mr. Mime like that is intriguing, even if I'm not a personal fan of shemale/futa/herm, yet also terrifying. I might to do a version just to see it....and potentially scar myself for life.

Well there is the matter of Nidoran Male being a futa, so I just figured why not do something similar, or even do the same for Hitmonchan or Tauros (the latter I can definitely see). Just throwing out a suggestion, even if what I'm suggesting is going to leave me with nightmares...
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:47 pm

I thought about Taurus but I plan on taking the Humbirdo's route there. We'll have a mini-event with them but won't be as fleshed out as his. I figured of the the two Hitmonlee would be the futa as Hitmonchan is more feminine....at least to me. I mean, she has a sports bra and skirt already.

But yeah, I appreciate the input and suggestions, very much so. :) I'll hold off on the Mr. Mime and hold a poll for it when Mime is relevant.
Dapper Gent

Re: Pokemon: Pink Version [Poll 9/8/15]

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Val and I decided that it would be idea to look for a second artist for the scene art so that we don't overburden Bubba when he gets get back.

Scene artists work on the base of pictures of events that require 1-4 scenes. An example would be our Cosplay Pikachu scene which is currently in complete.

Example scene art:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03h6pssodw9q ... g.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gowtfjracirbb ... 8.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3usr82c5gpis5 ... 1.png?dl=0

Additionally, we're still in need of a sketch artist who will be doing Reed's art throughout the game. We don't have any examples of this just yet but Reed will essentially be our local Pokemorph Researcher and Watcher.....mostly just a Watcher....he's a perv.
Dapper Gent

Postby hpfan123 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:23 pm

i like that you are adding more to the pikachu scene, the second one looks like it would have a very interesting back story to how charmander got into that position, and how did brock know where to put his dick or does he just go around fucking the ground and accidentally stumbled upon the diglette
hpfan123

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 pm

The Charmander scene has been changed. It'll be a different Pokemon when it's relevant. I just used it as an example. That's not Brock, it's his dad Flint. And....you'll just have to wait until chapter 2 to find out what he's doing. :P
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:18 am

Added a full set for Porygon, NidoranF and Voltorb to the pokemorph list.
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:10 am

Added Paras and Parasect to the pokemorphs list.

Added an updated picture for Angelica, Damien, Reed and Willow in the trainer section. Also added a Cooltrainer Female and Male, Hiker Female and Male and Flint to the trainers.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:58 pm

And I've finished mapping mount moon, though no events have been coded yet. Regarding the bugfix update, we just have a few things left to do, part of which is artwork. The intro will be a bit more extensive (with more player control) and a few background details are changing. I'm also adding a couple of camping scenes to the existing maps and have changed the camp codes to be more helpful on your journey.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:19 am

On Sept 13th I decide I was going to rework the guide so that it's easier to read and so that our team has a better structure to work with. I figured it would only take me a few hours to update it. Five days later I finally finished it. The previous 21 page guide is now sitting at 55 pages. Although I won't give any spoilers I wanted to share with everyone what exactly it is we have planned in the long road ahead.

Aside from more pokemorph art, here's what you can expect to see by the end of the game (and beyond!):

9 chapters of gameplay goodness
Post Game Events
A new cast of 11+ characters, plus well known faces
151+ pokemorph sprites
453 pokemorph pcitures (including front, back, horny poses)
14+ special pokemorphs (like Cosplay Pikachu) with accommodating pictures, sprites and events
100+ custom trainer sprites
190 event scenes
3 main story arcs
4 main side quests
25 optional side quests, most major, some not so much.
Custom Endings (+1 canon ending)

And more to come!

Now, what we currently need (and I've stated this a few times recently) is another action /event artist or two. They'll be ones that do the line art for events like Cosplay Pikachu's dressing room. No coloring involved! Perks include a custom sprite, a pokemorph dream team and a place in game. Not to mention becoming an official part of our team. :D
We could also use a Sketch artist. Although the sketch moments haven't been planned, it's something we'd really like to add in the game. Without this artist we won't be doing the sketched scenes. Fortunately it's not a set back, just bonus content. And who doesn't like bonus content?

Those interested should send me a PM!

And now that all of that is finally done, I need to get back to my own art.
Dapper Gent

Re: Pokemon: Pink Version

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 am

I highly doubt shemale is going to close the gap so futa wins by a landslide, 70 to 19. I went ahead and removed the poll.

Slowpoke and NidoranM were added to the pokemorph list.
Dapper Gent

Postby tazlucky09 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:08 pm

i cant get the "clipboard" saves to load am i doing something wrong? the "flash cookie" save works tho
tazlucky09
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:16 am

this might be an issue with your version of Flash or associated programs. I'm certainly not aware of anything in our system that makes this any better or worse than Humbird's pokemon game, from which we borrowed the editor. Have you tried pasting the clipboard save into a text file just to make sure it's copying out the data?
ValturNaa

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:26 am

Meant to post this before...this was the final outcome of my slowpoke set before I edited out the background pictures. I just thought it looked cool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mck292vvjpi45 ... l.png?dl=0
Dapper Gent

Postby tazlucky09 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:59 am

ValturNaa Wrote:this might be an issue with your version of Flash or associated programs. I'm certainly not aware of anything in our system that makes this any better or worse than Humbird's pokemon game, from which we borrowed the editor. Have you tried pasting the clipboard save into a text file just to make sure it's copying out the data?

yes i save it to my notepad then copy and past to make sure its coping i can make a video and upload it to youtube and post the link here if thatll help. it works on Humbird's pokemon game without issues.
tazlucky09
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:06 pm

a video won't help me figure that out; I'm no hardcore programmer who can tear stuff open and tell you how it works. I'm still a novice to coding. Like I said, I'm not aware of anything that would make our game any different from humbird's in that respect.
ValturNaa

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects