PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Ex-Lurker's Pokemon Game

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed May 20, 2015 6:59 am

Just a handful of days left until we release the alpha! We're triple checking our work to make sure you all get a quality playthrough with plenty of art to go around, some maps to explore and even an easter egg or two.
Dapper Gent

Re: Ex-Lurker's Pokemon Game [Update 5/25]

Postby Dapper Gent » Mon May 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Alrighty. Alpha release is here! We have up until Pewter City done. Pewter and Cerulean will be part of our next chapter.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m2qzf ... ink_v1.zip
Dapper Gent

Re: Pokemon: Pink Version [Update 5/25]

Postby Dead2112man » Tue May 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Looking good so Far Dat Ex-Lurker, just ask if you want me to write you a list of bugs that I have found. For yea some of them are game breaking, like going back into the small cave the spearow was in after you heal it, you can't leave the cave.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Go for it. I sent a list of bugs to ValturNaa already but it'd be great to see if anything else is broken.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Yeah. I swear I've fixed that cave a dozen times but I did it again this morning :OOPS: hopefully this time it will stick. And please, I welcome any bug fix notes. I've gone through all this stuff so many times I have trouble with not just *knowing* that certain things should or should not be done. We're already planning to do an updated release when lurker has a chance to re-do some of the arts that got done earlier, so we can include a bug fix then.

Just please don't bring up bugs that have to do with the editor...like the camera in items causing a total game shutdown or the multi-attack causing an instant kill because it hits like eight times. Those are things that are outside my control as I lack the skill to go under the hood, and will have to be fixed by Humbird himself. I'm just trying to do what I can within the editor's bounds.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby bubba91 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 pm

-Inside Woods residence I can walk outside the room to the endless darkness. :D
-I can put my head inside Ash's house mailbox.
-game freezes when trying entering big tower in Viridian, before the explosion.
-stairs in Viridian shop doesn't work.
-When leaving the shop, you land on a woman's body, so now I'm imprisoned.
-Returned to Pallet after the explosion, entered the spearow cave, can't leave.
POKEMON: NEW IN THE FORUM??
We work as hard as we can in the next update, but please, stop asking when it will come. And YES, the version on the first post is the newest version.
WANT TO HELP: Help us coloring.
bubba91

Postby ValturNaa » Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 am

Woops I still had that lab door going to a room that has since been deleted. Fixed as many of those things as I can...the mailboxes are difficult, though. Can't have a base layer with anything else on top and still get the top of the mailbox to fit on layer 1 where it goes under the player. And the sprites we're using are much larger than humbird's Ash sprite, so collisions with other layers are more obvious. The stairs are meant to be employed later, so until then I just stuck some scripts on them saying you can't go there.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Dead2112man » Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 am

Besides the bugs though, I like how the story goes, like at first I was sort of expecting it to be a side story of Humbird0's, but this is a brand new story almost and so far is great.

Also for another bug, in the main characters house up stairs, you can walk on the black area which is meant to represent nothingness.
And Added on edit for another more of annoying bug, in the Veridian Forest, after you go past the two trees where the split in the path is, you can't go back, they just keep on repeating the text that happen the first time you go through.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby ulquiorra » Wed May 27, 2015 5:35 am

First let me say, I enjoyed playing the game so far, it seems like a nicet wist on what already exists, plus two games, means more content which is really all I car about, that being said, are you looking for bugs and what not atm? I noticed a few, and just wondering what is worth reporting at this time?
ulquiorra

Postby ValturNaa » Wed May 27, 2015 6:38 am

Yeah, we've made a lot of changes to the story since I got involved and I think it's become a very interesting one. Don't want to give away too much too soon, but more will be revealed when we release our next chapter :D

What do you guys think about the hentai scene in the secret level of the lab? We're planning on putting in a lot more of those, even some smaller ones that give capture possibilities while camping along the routes. And it was intended to have more than one art, but we're waiting for Bubba to have the time to sketch the others for us.
ValturNaa

Postby bubba91 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm going to give my first impression about the game, I made it till Viridian Forest yesterday night.

If I had to rate my overall experience, I'll give it a 7. Bugs apart, the game is interesting, the plot is more mature (which is good) but it can be too dense sometimes. Also for being focus in a more mature atmosphere, it has some events that seemed out of place, like the spearow's cave and the Cosplay Pikachu story, I don't know if those parenthesis have any purpose or repercussion in the future, or are "I'm just going to drop this here" thing.

As I liked the scene, with the such very long tale (having these you should reconsider the length of the quicktime events in favor of the gameplay experience, I'm playing a game not watching a movie). The beginning of the game is too long and happens too fast, didn't like the transition from prof.Oak's lab to eevee's event. That should be split apart with some transitioning gameplay. Remove the back door, let Bay explore Pallet town first, sleep, I'm going for a walk/bike ride in the forest and see the eevee event.

Maps are bigger, I like that, but maybe that's the reason why the game is laggy, also everything are long distances so I'll aprecciate a run button.

There are a lot of mute NPCs.

In my opinion the Pikachu character could have been something more, here's what I had in mind (tell me what you think):
She could be the first pokemon hit by the virus, she could talk (there you have a pokemon translator) an be more intelligent than the current pokemorphs.
You find here in the middle of the street with a group of people surrounding her: "Why is everyone watching me like that? I don't like it, leave me alone!" (and ran away to humbird0's room).
There you find her crying about not being longer a pokemon and not knowing enough about being a human. You try to comfort her by asking about her previous master.
She tells you that he's too busy with his projects and doesn't have enough time to play with her. You ask her about her name, but she doesn't have none. WRONG! If she wants to know more about being a human first she needs a name, she picks one (insert name, I personally going for Miranda) and second she needs to find some clothes so people won't look at her so shamelessly.
After that, she is really thankful, but there's one more thing that she wants to know about, but she has to ask for it in private... pulls down pants, HUMAN SEX.
We work as hard as we can in the next update, but please, stop asking when it will come. And YES, the version on the first post is the newest version.
bubba91

Postby Dapper Gent » Wed May 27, 2015 5:53 pm

If I'm not mistaken, we are planning on doing something more with that specific spearow, but....spoilers. The Pikachu will have a few extra scenes if it's in your party. However the Cosplay Pikachu was originally meant to be an easter egg hidden in a little area that paid homage to Humbirdo.

We are planning something akin to a run button but it'll come much later in the form of *spoilers*.

I'll talk to ValturNaa about the transition though. We should be able to do something with it.
Dapper Gent

Postby ValturNaa » Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes, we have plans for the spearow, for Eevee, and for a lot of other elements in game. The story doesn't start at the beginning of everything, unlike the official pokemon games...but you'll find out more about the past histories of each element as the story progresses. We'll try to figure out how to lighten the story a bit. I'm still new to writing for games like this - most of my work is in longer fiction - so I'm used to narrating descriptions over pages and having conversations that use a lot of inflections. That being said, I will attempt to tone down the dialogue where it's inappropriately long.

As far as mute npcs...where are you seeing them? I tried to give every npc some type of dialogue, however meaningless it might be, just to create the flavor of the world. If you can access in game an npc who says absolutely nothing, that should be considered a bug and I want to know about it.

We don't have any plans for including pokemon translators that I'm aware of, so I don't see how we could have that scene happening as written. Pikachu does have a history in Viridian, and there is an npc in town *minor spoiler* who is searching for her. But by the time you meet her, she's no longer an oddball.
ValturNaa

Postby bubba91 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Mostly in Viridian, I think before the explosion but I'm not sure.

Didn't call prof. Oak and went straight to his lab, same result. Had to go back and use the phone.

Also seems there's an interferency between the hooded people getting out the tower and getting inside the pokecenter. Redid the thing and I was unable to get them out the tower, so went to the pokecenter and there were jessie, james & ash fighting. So re-check all the restrictions to take them out because I found a way to avoid it.
bubba91

Postby ValturNaa » Wed May 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Ah, I see. I'll look over the first Viridian map again and see what I've got. Lurker has also brought up the lab vs phone thing and I keep meaning to write a scene in his lab but haven't ever gotten to it.

Interference, though, I've never seen. Can you give me any more details about how you got it not to work? You're supposed to not even be able to reach the tower without triggering the event.
ValturNaa

Postby bubba91 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 am

Non talking NPCs:

before explosion:
cop in the left of the police station.
cop inside police station.

Game freezes when trying entering the tower before the explosion. Tried again to avoid the hooded people entering the pokecenter, but I wasn't unable to do it.
bubba91

Postby Dead2112man » Thu May 28, 2015 3:30 am

Now I think your trying to hard to find bugs bit to hard to find bugs, bubba91, but I can relate, for some indoor locations can walk out into the BLACK VOID of DOOM. and

And to answer ValturNaa question from a few post ago, I love the idea of the hentai scenes, like how you either have "fun" with the pokemon, like, I did all three options (No grammer errors found) and weighed my options on how it could influence the pokemon's feeling towards the character in the future. For that is how I think those should be so SPOILERS the first wait option for cosplay pikachu scene to be no influnce for no involvement, the enter and leave scene should have a some what negative influence for She is frowning in end. and for enter and stay option be a good influence for it shows that you are willing to do what that pokemon wished for. And of course if you add this idea, mix it up where some hentai scene where these options might have the bad influence towards other pokemon or something like that.

I personally like how the Cosplay Pikachu is not involved in the story except as a sort small of tribute to Humbird0, and should only have for instants, moves to it for long game play use, I personally, I don't think the Cosplay pikachu should have anymore influence on the actual story line, for like it was said by Mr. Lurker, is an easter egg/Tribute to his influence.

Below is only an Idea, you can skip it if you looking for hints future people

Know I believe the Cosplay Pikachu easter egg is a bit to easy to find. Heck all you do is walk to out or towards the lab in verdian and there it is to the side of it next to the tree. For some minor easter egg I can understand it being right there but this is an actual pokemon you will have to use in your party and get some "time" with. heck, make it more of a puzzle or quest that does not say it is a quest hey I am quest that you most complete. like if you keep it where it goes in the hidden room, make it so we have to unlock the room by finding some objects behind "Humbird0's version" related easter eggs (only say that for lurker did say it was a Humbird0 tribute). For instance, if you make it a small quest of multiple mini easter eggs with random items that you get but don't appear in you inventory so you forget about them after a while, you can make it so you have a small tiny miniscule microscopic tribute to Humbird0 game related to each area where an event happend in Humbird0's game. For Instants, in the Verdian forest, have a dead end with a bit of an out of site out of mind reference to the scene where misty "makes up" caterpie, with a some strands of caterpie's string shot on a tree with the grassed a bit stained beneath but only somewhat notice able.
Or even more crazy, have the easter eggs spell out a password that unlocks the door, for I can now see some people will want to have the Cosplay Pikachu early in the game to enjoy train and battling with through out the game.
Dead2112man

Postby ValturNaa » Thu May 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Mm...you've got me thinking with that easter egg suggestion. I have been toying with ways to make Pikachu's event appear later, but I like the idea of having to collect a few things. Being required to get past Willow is not high on my priority list, though, because SPOILER I've written code for both ways (get Willow in your party and try triggering the event again ;)) and I think it ought to be player choice or possibly luck that determines when the event is triggered.

Anyway, the process of constructing this has been a long and arduous one for me so I've been giving myself a couple of days off to get some distance, and I think I'm ready now to resume work. I've corrected those few mute people and I'm going to look over that report of not triggering the hooded people event and see if I can find out what's causing it. Then I'll look over my plotting docs and try to figure out what needs to be done with those.
ValturNaa

Postby ValturNaa » Fri May 29, 2015 4:10 am

Okay, another quick question for you guys. What do you think about the isolated use of second person present tense in the pikachu scene? Does that feel awkward to you or does it make sense in the context? Lurker and I have been debating on that particular point since just after release.
ValturNaa

Postby surothedeath » Fri May 29, 2015 3:36 pm

downlode crash ratch time i try to downlode it
surothedeath

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects