PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

PokéMorph (Discontinued)

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:43 am

*All of the old information can be found on the second page hidden in the list of spoiler tags.*

We just want to say thank you to everyone who has followed our journey from Pokemon Pink Version all the way through where Pokemorph left. It has been quite the journey and we enjoyed working on this game. Our team is (still) sad to announce that Pokemorph is no longer being worked on. As of January 1st, 2019, Pokemorph was shelved, likely indefinitely, due to anticipated movements by GameFreak, Pokemon and it's affiliates. The team immediately began work on another game that uses aspects of Pokemorph as it's foundation. Again, thank you for your encouraging support. Hopefully you continue the journey with us going into Tierwäch.

Pokemorph Titleshining.png

PokeMorph v1.63 7/1/17

Pokemorph List

• 9 chapters of gameplay goodness
  • Post Game Events, including an additional story arc
  • A new cast of 11+ characters, plus well known faces
  • 151+ custom pokemorph sprites
  • 453+ pokemorph battle art, minimum (including front, back, horny poses)
  • 14+ special pokemorphs (like Cosplay Pikachu) with accommodating pictures, sprites and events
  • 100+ custom trainer sprites
  • 190+ event scenes
  • 3 main story arcs
  • 4 main side quests
  • 25+ optional side quests, most major, some not so much
  • Custom Endings (+1 canon ending)
[*]All of the +'s just means that the game is constantly growing and new ideas are added. These numbers were taken from the last count, which has significantly increased.

Bugs & Tips

• Save often! Bugs can bite you at any time. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Camera item in backpack is known to freeze the game. Use the combat menu camera to snap pictures.
  • Save and load games are known to be faulty for some people. This may be related to your current version of flash.
  • There appears to be a rash of invisible people, which changes from computer to computer. I have investigated this and find no cause for it. May be related to external programs or bugs within humbird's code.
  • Push rock obstacles will not read when they are about to be pushed onto another object, so they will sit on top of each other or on npcs. I am awaiting an answer from humbird regarding a function for this. Until then, they at least work properly with solid collision.
  • Ledges cannot be jumped, this is hardcoded in the game. There is no collision code capable of handling this type of function at this time.
  • Some pokemon abilities (and equipment) are overpowered. Again, it's hardcoded in the game.
  • During the last update we forgot to block the path leading into Cerulean after testing. We haven't fixed this. Please be aware that everything past rt 4 is potentially game breaking, as far as bugs go.
  • If you download the game and are met with a black screen try renaming the file to either 'Pokemorph' or 'Game'. The program doesn't like the special 'e'.
  • If you get the stacked sprites bug after the game crashes please go to viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4782&p=614681#p614168 or watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXe7ku ... t4VzbyWncl! Thanks FabulousAura!
Last edited by Dapper Gent on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 101 times in total.
Dapper Gent

Re: Ex-Lurker's Pokemon Game

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:09 am

is this not just what Humbird0 is doing, while sure it would be fun to compare, what would be the major difference from this that Humbird0 does not have.
And also Humbid0 if you message him might be able to help you out with all the pokemon management
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Cards » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 am

I love what Humbird0 is doing with his game, another one that's similar would be great in my opinion, both projects may even be able to be combined later.
Cards

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm still waiting to hear back from Humbird0 I sent him a message prior to posting to initiate contact and get permission to use some of his ideas, just so I don't feel as if I'm stealing the concepts. I love and enjoy his games and work as well, enough so that he's inspired me to step up and do something myself.

As for the differences. I want to take a different approach to it. I'm not sure how to word this without sounding like I'm bashing Humbird0, but most of his games, including the Pokemon game, is almost nothing but sex, innuendos and the likes. Nothing against that as that's why most of us are here! However, I want to play a game that's more story driven with different outcomes depending on player choices.

As for comparing the games, Humbird0 introduced the Pokemorph virus. It's a virus that made sexy pokemon and Ash and team are just rolling with it. Where as in my game the Pokemorph virus will be doing the same but it will be the root of one of the major problems in Kanto right now with Conservatives vs Supporters. Aside from that I also want to add in a Pokemon Snap system which not only allows pictures to be snapped in the wild, but also participate in mini-games similar to that of the Pokemon Snap game. Although following the anime and games, I wanted to bring a non-canon group into the mix to give it a 'new game' feel.

And now for my update:

I have finished the maps up until right after Pewter City. I'm now going back to Pallet to add in NPCs and level transitions.

Edit: Dead2112man, I wanted to add in that I do like the hentai/pokemorph concept and do want it in the game. However, I don't want it to be a hentai game. More so I want it to be a game with hentai in it. If that makes sense...
Dapper Gent

Postby geist » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:56 pm

I'd be more than happy to help with spriting.
geist

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:53 pm

So, I partially lied about figuring out how to upload the game. It's not letting me add the file. Anyone know how to do so? Figured it out again. Had to zip the file. Now my next problem: The file is too big. How do I make it smaller or where's a good place to upload it to?

Also, still not sure why my pictures aren't showing up in the main post.

Sweet, Geist! If you want to get started I need custom sprites for the main characters, Bay, Willow and Reed. If you can see their images, you can open them in a different window. Also, thank you very much for volunteering!

This game is picking up after Ash gets Pikachu. Bay has to go out and catch his own. I'm considering Ditto or Eevee. Anyone else have any suggestions they would like to make?
Dapper Gent

Postby KageTheHard » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:21 am

Not much in the way of support, but I'm personally looking forward to this.
Keep up the good work!
KageTheHard

Postby Cards » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:38 am

Dat Ex-Lurker Wrote:I'm considering Ditto or Eevee. Anyone else have any suggestions they would like to make?

Gonna ramble a bit...
Eevee. It will be harder if your going to include evolution, but would really add to the players ability to choose his way and change things. Side quest to obtain desired evol? Maybe each evolution has a particular "power" that surves a function in game. Like Flareon can burn down small trees, Vaporeon can ferry you like Surf, Glaceon could freeze waterfalls, rendering them "climb-able", etc. Something like that to encourage multiple playthroughs, keeping players busy between updates.
Or you could choose to expose Eevee to the virus and then maybe have an option later for a cure, for the whole karma aspect, Think about the cure in the movie X-men:The last Stand, all the conflict that arose over the cure being invented, could be a direction you take the plot in.
Also the pokephilia could tie into the karma, the more "naked-ness" you seek the more corrupted you become?
Okay thats all I have for now.
Cards

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:54 am

Glad to hear that you are making this more story based (I wouldn't even mind if no hentai was in it), and also happy to see it be more of a free and not main story line based by not using ash but just witnessing of his vent and how they effect your travels
I would also say eevee for it is more open choice than any pokemon do to it many possibilitys, not sure about cards Idea of the evolutions having special powers though.
Love the Idea of a pokesnap minigame kind of thing, don't know how you are going to pull it off, but if you do it will be incredible
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 am

KageTheHard Wrote:Not much in the way of support, but I'm personally looking forward to this.
Keep up the good work!

You have no idea how much I appreciate that. Thank you. :]

Cards Wrote:
Dat Ex-Lurker Wrote:I'm considering Ditto or Eevee. Anyone else have any suggestions they would like to make?

Gonna ramble a bit...
Eevee. It will be harder if your going to include evolution, but would really add to the players ability to choose his way and change things. Side quest to obtain desired evol? Maybe each evolution has a particular "power" that surves a function in game. Like Flareon can burn down small trees, Vaporeon can ferry you like Surf, Glaceon could freeze waterfalls, rendering them "climb-able", etc. Something like that to encourage multiple playthroughs, keeping players busy between updates.
Or you could choose to expose Eevee to the virus and then maybe have an option later for a cure, for the whole karma aspect, Think about the cure in the movie X-men:The last Stand, all the conflict that arose over the cure being invented, could be a direction you take the plot in.
Also the pokephilia could tie into the karma, the more "naked-ness" you seek the more corrupted you become?
Okay thats all I have for now.

I was thinking somewhere along those lines as well. Though not to that extent. I like the side quest bit though. I'll note that as a possible mini-event just for Eevee. Though I was already planning on trying to make it so that it encourages multiple playthroughs using a code system or something of that nature. You won't be able to collect all pictures from one playthrough and you'll need all of them for either a special pokemon or special pictures or maybe even a special pokemon if I decide that I want to become a masochist and make a Gen II expansion. :p

I guess it's looking like Eevee will be the first and main pokemon. Regardless, like all female pokemon in Kanto she'll still be affected by the virus. As for the cure I...will refrain from spoiling it. But yes, that's pretty much how the karma system will work. If Bay makes a choice to one side or the other he'll get a +1 tally towards that side, no opting out of choices.

Dead2112man Wrote:Love the Idea of a pokesnap minigame kind of thing, don't know how you are going to pull it off, but if you do it will be incredible

Now I'm just theoricrafting right now, but from how I'm picturing it (pun intended) it'd be on track system with a 'click to snap picture' pop up. Of course I'm reaching far beyond my skill right now. I can't even program a NPC to detect the PC right now. >.<

Now for my update:

I have the maps and NPC placements up to the end of Route 3 done, leaving little room to add more. That's pretty much the limit to my skill right now.
I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a NPC to detect and then move towards the PC when they enter their line of sight. Y'know, the typical 'I see you! Let's battle!' thing. Once I figure this out then I'll focus on the battle system.
I also learned how the sprite mapping works general NPCs, and even some special ones, are covered. Aside from the three main characters, I need to find a sprite
Dapper Gent

Postby Dapper Gent » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Good news and bad news. Good news is that I found a backdoor into uploading items and found a way to make my own pokemon list through Humbird0's editor. The bad news is, I still have no idea on how to create items, moves and events for myself. All I know is it's through the database editor and have the sneaking suspicion that another program is required in order to make my own custom databases. Where it stands, I'm just learning through example.

Can anyone confirm this? It's best to assume that I have no prior knowledge of flash/game design prior to using Humbird0's editor and I need to learn the basics. If I wanted to start building my own database for this game where would I start?

And here's a little treat. Eevee will be the official first pokemon.

And so, because she'll be captured pre-Pokemorph virus, here's her horny pose.

Which is till not posting right for me....just right click and open in new tab. ><
Last edited by Dapper Gent on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dapper Gent

Postby VintageBass » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm not seeing any of the pictures, is anyone else seeing the pictures?

And I figured out the problem. Try using a different image hosting site to display the pictures.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby KageTheHard » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 pm

It's a slight hassle but as Ex stated you can R-click open in new tab/window to display the images.

Thats not to say finding another filehost so they work on the forum would go without appreciation.
Dark side turned up, Old gods came back, Lights out, There's no music in your mind, Snuffed.
KageTheHard

Postby musical74 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Be nice if the pictures would show, all I see are a bunch of *X image*. And IE apparently won't let me look at the picture in a new tab (all of those are grayed out)

As far as the game itself goes, is Bay going to be aware of the pokemorphs being frisky or is he going to be totally clueless like Ash is in Humbird0's game? In some ways it's kind of funny that Ash is beyond clueless but at some points it gets a little annoying, like Ash doesn't have a clue about female anatomy.

Looking forwards to seeing this work!
musical74

Postby geist » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:19 am

Before i start spriting i'm going to need to know what style you want me to use.
geist

Postby Dapper Gent » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:53 am

Booya! I just attached the pictures. Everything is fixed in the main post.

@Musical: Bay will be aware of what's going on but will have his moments of naivety. In some situations, those moments will actually tie into the karma system. Does he succumb to his pokemon's desire or does he simply ignore/discourage it? Of course, he's also a typical teenager.

@Geist:

A style similar to these. I found these in Humbird0's editor and would like to use that instead of the traditional Game Boy style with the smushed, almost chibi sprites.

SpriteExample2.png
SpriteExample2.png (2.02 KiB) Viewed 48348 times
SpriteExample1.PNG
SpriteExample1.PNG (3.16 KiB) Viewed 48348 times
Dapper Gent

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:48 am

musical74 Wrote:is Bay going to be aware of the pokemorphs being frisky or is he going to be totally clueless like Ash is in Humbird0's game?

I am pretty much sure from what I have read, Bay will not be oblivious.
Dead2112man

Postby VintageBass » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:05 am

Pretty much he is going to have his naive moments, but he's not completely oblivious to things like Ash is... in general. And I don't get why people want to pair girls with him when he has no interests whatsoever.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Dapper Gent » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:50 am

Current Pokemorph Art

Completed and Currently Anticipated Pokemorphs (Back, Front, Horny):
Disclaimer: Pokemorphs on the list will appear different in the game. These are the versions untouched by White Vine. His edits are the ones being used in game.

Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Pinsir H.png
Original (Posted Here)
Pinsir H.png (83 KiB) Viewed 23351 times

Pinsir H (2).png
Rework (In Game)
Pinsir H (2).png (75.71 KiB) Viewed 23351 times

1.Bulbasaur

2. Ivysaur

3. Venusaur

4. Charmander

5. Charmeleon

6. Charizard

7. Squirtle

8. Wartortle

9. Blastoise

10. Caterpie

11. Metapod

12. Butterfree

13. Weedle

14. Kakuna

15. Beedrill

16. Pidgey

18. Pidgeot

19. Rattata

20. Raticate

21. Spearow

22. Fearow

23. Ekans

24. Arbok

25. Pikachu

26. Raichu

27. Sandshrew

28. Sandslash

29. Nidoran F

30. Nidorina

31. Nidoqueen

32. Nidoran M

33. Nidorino

34. Nidoking

35. Clefairy

36. Clefable

37. Vulpix

38. Ninetails

39. Jigglypuff

40. Wigglytuff

41. Zubat

42. Golbat

43. Oddish

44. Gloom

45. Vileplume

46. Paras

47. Parasect

48. Venonat

49. Venomoth

50. Diglett

51. Dugtrio

52. Meowth

53. Persian

54. Psyduck

55. Golduck

56. Mankey

57. Primeape

58. Growlithe

59. Arcanine

60. Poliwag

61. Poliwhirl (Bubba inspired)

62. Poliwrath (Bubba inspired)

63. Abra

64. Kadabra

65. Alakazam

66. Machop (Redone...yet again)

67. Machoke

68. Machamp (Updated, Bubba inspired)

69. Bellsprout

70. Weepinbell

71. Victreebel

72. Tentacool

73. Tentacruel

74. Geodude

75. Graveler

76. Golem

77. Ponyta

78. Rapidash

79. Slowpoke

80. Slowbro (Redone..again)

81. Magnemite (Redone)

82. Magneton

83. Farfetch'd

84. Doduo

85. Dodrio

86. Seel

87. Dewgong

88. Grimer

89. Muk

90. Shellder

91. Cloyster (White Vines)

92. Gastly

93. Haunter

94. Gengar

95. Onix

96. Drowzee

97. Hypno

98. Krabby

99. Kingler

100. Voltorb

101. Electrode

102. Exeggcute

103. Exeggutor

104. Cubone

105. Marowak

106. Hitmonlee

107. Hitmonchan

108. Lickitung

109. Koffing

110. Weezing

111. Rhyhorn

112. Rhydon

113. Chansey

114. Tangela

115. Kangaskhan

116. Horsea

117. Seadra

118. Goldeen

119. Seaking

120. Staryu

121. Starmie

122. Mr. Mime

123. Scyther

124. Jynx

125. Electabuzz

126. Magmar

127. Pinsir

128. Tauros

129. Magikarp

130. Gyrados

131. Lapras

132. Ditto

133. Eevee

134. Vaporeon

135. Jolteon

136. Flareon

137. Porygon

138. Omanyte

139. Omastar (Bubba inspired)

140. Kabuto

141. Kabutops

142. Aerodactyl

143. Snorlax

144. Articuno

145. Zapdos

146. Moltres

147. Dratini

148. Dragonair

149. Dragonite

150. Mewtwo (Redone)

151. Mew

Current Trainers:

Angelica - https://www.dropbox.com/s/tha0plg0gx8xb ... a.png?dl=0
Birdkeeper Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7zcln4xjktka ... F.png?dl=0
Birdkeepr Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eknm0a3bfm5w ... M.png?dl=0
Blackbelt - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6mfsatm63r3p ... t.png?dl=0
Bug Gal - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cjwlonstt22d ... l.png?dl=0
Bug Girl - https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5romh0tqodco ... y.png?dl=0
Cloaked Figure - https://www.dropbox.com/s/paqv45scu8nnb ... e.png?dl=0
Cooltrainer Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/91c3n5nafid5s ... F.png?dl=0
Cooltrainer Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyg0v6zhtekk6 ... M.png?dl=0
Daisy - https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7zcln4xjktka ... F.png?dl=0
Damien - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvaxqy26mwj5r ... n.png?dl=0
Dr. Magnus - https://www.dropbox.com/s/541qeui1zf791 ... s.png?dl=0
Dr. Spettro - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx5m8fxic4mka ... o.png?dl=0
Eager Anne - https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4f44y0sbhgtp ... e.png?dl=0
Fisherman - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozu5h6dpvv811 ... n.png?dl=0
Fisherwoman - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l0wiimlyb59v ... n.png?dl=0
Flint - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j7mxkz82eyls ... t.png?dl=0
Giselle - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6utdr3lb9ixv0 ... e.png?dl=0
Hiker Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5n41uwtg684g ... F.png?dl=0
Hiker Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/dy86bpaycdm72 ... M.png?dl=0
Jr Trainer Boy - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi13wtx2c8d2m ... y.png?dl=0
Jr Trainer Girl - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iy4q8mgu9t58 ... l.png?dl=0
Lass - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgyx3zreb73q7ot/Lass.png?dl=0
Lily - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cxrv3595r7dubm/Lily.png?dl=0
MESA Grunt Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay9r8qa790dsj ... e.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
MESA Grunt Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgxf4uqsz5qwh ... t.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
MESA Recruit - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr3mz22bhpv3b ... t.png?dl=0
MESA Veteran - https://www.dropbox.com/s/dq5oudq9l8uze ... n.png?dl=0
Pokefan - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6wc3y719v8ij ... n.png?dl=0
PokeTech Female Student 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0tafuyah4wip ... e.png?dl=0
PokeTech Female Student 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycqgar47sog5p ... 2.png?dl=0
PokeTech Female Student 3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsg0lydbvkqd8 ... 3.png?dl=0
PokeTech Head Male (name pending) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v8nt5b3e3su2 ... e.png?dl=0
PokeTech Male Student 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzod6r4nxxdjl ... e.png?dl=0
PokeTech Male Student 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsabzinz8e14l ... 2.png?dl=0
PokeTech Male Student 3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzod6r4nxxdjl ... M.png?dl=0
PokeTech Teacher PE - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fal8l66xvettl ... r.png?dl=0
PokeTech Teacher Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7ej5uu7pa2zy ... e.png?dl=0
PokeTech Teacher Female (Jealous) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8zcmnscc5tb2 ... r.png?dl=0
Prime Agent - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea2d6ji3dizip ... t.png?dl=0
Prime Grunt Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vcg9maj9s8jo ... e.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
Prime Grunt Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi413wmlmh70t ... e.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
Prime Lieutenant - https://www.dropbox.com/s/11kmtqtbi7uai ... t.png?dl=0
Reed - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqn4e1omboj7aed/Reed.png?dl=0
Rocket Enforcer - https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvkas1b5147kj ... r.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
Rocket Grunt Female1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8fow9bppqe9y ... 1.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
Rocket Grunt Female2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t211kocjq8dgg ... 2.png?dl=0 (White Vine)
Rocket Grunt Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmt2xd1b3f2me ... F.png?dl=0
Sailor Female - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmt2xd1b3f2me ... F.png?dl=0
Sailor Male - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fub42zrf88r6 ... M.png?dl=0
Samurai - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbmaqm6kj4cfa ... i.png?dl=0
Seymour - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahq3snnkrmgp9 ... r.png?dl=0
School Boy - https://www.dropbox.com/s/uazcg0tg7rwll ... y.png?dl=0
School Girl - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0yot98pzmogd ... l.png?dl=0
Super Nerd - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk6wbd8hh72bc ... d.png?dl=0
Super Nerdette - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhunk11mtmbyp ... e.png?dl=0
Swimmer F - https://www.dropbox.com/s/91hqr1pwip1f5 ... F.png?dl=0
Swimmer M - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1pxhjlceckw4 ... M.png?dl=0
Violet - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftu7jxh3q47h3 ... t.png?dl=0
Willow - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9upc89qly9e9l ... w.png?dl=0
Last edited by Dapper Gent on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:08 am, edited 84 times in total.
Dapper Gent

Postby geist » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Bay:
Attachments
Bay.png
Bay.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 46802 times
geist

Next

Return to Flash Projects