[WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:28 am

Xela Wrote:(just delete library folder from the game and replace with the one in the patch)

I guess that was the detail I was missing... What I was doing was simply extracting to the main folder & overwriting the core files with what was in the patch. So aside from not deleting the Library folder, I was apparently also extracting it to the wrong folder. I guess I earned my dunce cap in this thread, I'll go sit in my corner... Image

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I had it patched right once as I only got 20 extra points (after decreasing every stat) when I patched the first time; must've been I screwed up on the second patch... Went back to 44 points after I did the wipe & restore from the beginning using the same steps...
Last edited by WonderGamer on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:25 pm

A few more spelling/grammar errors:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

spelling error #1.jpg
  • Spelling error: Should be sense.

spelling-grammar error.jpg
  • Grammar error: Should be helps.
  • Spelling error: Should be acquire.

spelling error #2.jpg
  • Spelling error: Should be Coming.
I'm pretty sure I saw another one in the Arena, I'll have to see if I can find that again...
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Nekomatic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:46 am

Alright, I am currently having an issue with the Arena. But I better explain HOW I encountered this first.

3 days ago, I downloaded this via the torrent, so this is probably the newest version out. I played it, got to day 150ish, and then lurked around on this thread to see the library update. So I download it and delete my old library folder, place this one in, load up my quicksave [which was in the arena, as i mainly do survival challenges] to do, what else: a survival challenge. Then I get an exception that goes...

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in script
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1002, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1141, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1150, in python
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 972, in python
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 46, in python
AttributeError: 'Arena' object has no attribute 'result' "

To which I try to click 'ignore' past, but to no avail. So I lurk moar, and download the save patch. I replace the 2 files, and launch the game again. Turns out, it gives me even better problems.
I can't load up the game. When I try to load my quicksave, I get THIS error.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 393, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 393, in script
ScriptError: could not find label '(u'D:\\Coding\\Dropbox\\SimBro Dev\\RenPy\\pytfall/game/script.rpy', 1395773113, 70)'."

Now, maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe there are more errors that I haven't ran into yet. [Again, was mainly focused on the arena area in general until I gave up.]
So I suppose my question is this : If I am doing something wrong, what is it? And How can I make it playable again?
Nekomatic

Postby Xela » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:51 am

Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Nekomatic » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:30 am

I actually had already added the patch, and it was still refusing to open my quicksave.

However, I manually loaded a save and am now having no problems. I guess it was just an issue loading an old quicksave that was causing the issue.
Nekomatic

Postby Sivertop » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:36 am

Than just read previous posts... again first post of site 3 in this thread there u can download an file this will help u to play with ur old savefile...

before u post something get some more informations..
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:27 pm

New patch:

Patch

- Girls can be equipped from MC inventory
- Number of bugfixes and improvements
- Constitution has a much higher chance of increasing during the training with Xeona
- WM Crazy packs have a much better support now (close to perfect I think)
- Loads of code improved (No notable effects on the game)

======================
This will break saves! Without a chance to fix them other than reverting to the old patch!

I will not update the front post with this for this reason.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Goryokaku » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 am

I'm liking the look of this.. I like Sim Brothel, and I liked Whore master too so if it's like either of those games I'll be happy.
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby Sivertop » Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Hey Xela do u think next patch will be better for old saves or will it be like this time again? already got now 2 copies of this with latest and the patch before (for old saves)..but would prefer to just have 1 and dont know if its useless to play old savefile any longer..

and by the way what do u want to do next? or u cant tell for now because its to early?

would be n1 to know..

and another question i would like to do some slave´s or better say, im up to learn how to..and would like to know if u have something against that before im going to work..
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Mon May 12, 2014 7:54 pm

We're taking a bit of a break and I am trying to see if some new blood will pop up for the dev team. Otherwise slavetraining should be next :)
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:31 am

Hey after some time i wanted to play Pytfall again but i dont know what happend i only get this one when i start a new game..(didnt tried with savefile because i dont have them anymore)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 85, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 118, in python
File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 251, in python
File "game/library/common.rpy", line 84, in python
File "game/library/common.rpy", line 68, in python
ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 992, column 2

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\sivertop\Downloads\ALT.PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
node.execute()
File "C:\Users\sivertop\Downloads\ALT.PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\sivertop\Downloads\ALT.PyTFall\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 118, in <module>
items = load_items()
File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 251, in load_items
content.update(load_database("/".join([folder, file]), entity=Item, perform_init=True))
File "game/library/common.rpy", line 84, in load_database
db = dict_from_config_file(file)
File "game/library/common.rpy", line 68, in dict_from_config_file
tree = xmldb.parse(file).getroot()
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1183, in parse
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 656, in parse
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1643, in feed
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1507, in _raiseerror
ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 992, column 2

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

if i ignore this i get multiple other problems if i post them there would be an endless line of text so i dont do it before u ask..

i can only say i just put my Pytfall folder to an other place than where it was normally but i dont think its because of that...
Ahh and i modified "Nemu Kurotsuchi.girlsx" but i get this problem with both files original one and modified one so i think its not because of that..

And sometime i change from japanese to german and german to japanese locale but it worked fine with Pytfall before so another reason where i would say it have nothing to do with it..

Just wanted to say that...

(Yes i know i can redownload the game (what i actually do because i want to play) but who knows might be a problem for some more than just me)
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:15 am

Sivertop Wrote:(Yes i know i can redownload the game (what i actually do because i want to play) but who knows might be a problem for some more than just me)

My guess would be that it's just you. Basically the error report is saying that you've tried to change one of the items files and ended up with invalid syntax. There will be an "unofficial" release in a couple of days to receive some feedback on some of the new features:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Mainly, many of the fin formulas had been adjusted, Next Day now has a summary screen, ND Reports now look a bit differently as well as it is now possible to fight with teammates in the survival mode and the survival mode has a new minigame between the rounds that can appear in chance + luck and has a "smart bar" with possible bonuses. Also we got a new writer couple of days back, he wrote some history for the city... Anyway, it should take a couple more days to wrap up some loose ends and than we'll prolly start working on some new modules.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:22 am

Yep ur right was a problem on my side i checked now quite some time each item xml if i did there something and after all i found something in my item_feets xml some time ago i did an backup and wanted to test something out..seems i forgot to replace it with my backup -.-

About these pics it looks really good...looking forward to test the next update :) quite happy its going forward ^^
but right now im testing a bit around with arena/items/chars because i have an idea about something (could be a mod) but nvm. could take some time if its possible ^^
Sivertop

Postby Kurushimi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:26 am

I don't suppose you want to make the item xml files more organized? It's pretty tedious going through them for my cheating, as it is.
Kurushimi

Postby FMC » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:55 am

So, you got my interest in the game. Now, I ask as I ask for every game I don't actively see the option for that seems like it COULD be implemented (but doesn't mean it WILL): Can you / Will you be able to (in the future), play as a female?
FMC

Postby Xela » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 pm

FMC Wrote:So, you got my interest in the game. Now, I ask as I ask for every game I don't actively see the option for that seems like it COULD be implemented (but doesn't mean it WILL): Can you / Will you be able to (in the future), play as a female?

There are no plans for that now, "could" part of the answer can be answered with "absolutely", the main problem obviously is that a LOT of content (text) would need to be adjusted and we don't have anyone on the team who'd be willing to work or even contribute towards that goal instead of working on re-balancing/new modules atm.

Kurushimi Wrote:I don't suppose you want to make the item xml files more organized? It's pretty tedious going through them for my cheating, as it is.

Those are already really well organized (maybe we did that since the last release). Note that this is an open sourced Ren'Py game (meaning that you can simply edit script files in order to cheat without the need for anything except of a text editor).
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:26 am

if u want to cheat u dont need to have any knowledge right now, i think these files are well organized (way to much, makes it really easy to cheat), i had no problems to find anything...normally u have to edit 3-4 files to get one of ur goals (in some other games) here u just have to edit in 1 file some simply easy things to get one of ur goals..well u need to start a new game wont work with old saves..

right now its maybe pretty good, if u want to test some things out without spending weeks to reach the progress u need for it..but this will be pretty bad in the future if u got some more content into the game and such things..sure its theyr own problem if they want to edit these files but maybe it will destroy the game in some ways (mentally).

On the other side if its so easy u will have an easy way with modding..and u all know modders are needed, they do things what normally are never planned in games or doing something on what the Owner have no time for or maybe have planned way in the future.
Sivertop

Postby FMC » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Yeah, I know. It's just really hard to find any (good) games like this that have the option to be a female. S.imbrothel 2 is a pretty good one, but I'm always keeping my eyes open for more.
FMC

Postby thetruemog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:40 pm

why does it download in parts this is confusing me abit are they all diffrent games of a story or something?
thetruemog

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:56 am

thetruemog Wrote:why does it download in parts this is confusing me abit are they all diffrent games of a story or something?

The RAR archive format supports being split into parts, which allows very large files to be split into smaller parts so that data corruption doesn't negate a very long download time. It's mainly meant to support people with slower connections or to increase revenue from sponsored hosting.
Zeus Kabob

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects