CYOA Tales of Lona: 'Under the hood' thread

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: CYOA Misadventures of Heikya

Postby xeragoth » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 am

--> Attempt to be Diplomatic try to find out why they have taken this place they may have a good reason if they dont have a good reason find a weakness and exploit it
xeragoth

Postby coyoteredmoon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:54 pm

--> See if there are any lone guards around, or listen in on a conversation to see if they need/want anything that'd calm them down.

>Heikya decides to wait around and see what she can find out from the guards' ramblings.

>
discontent.jpg
discontent.jpg (27.55 KiB) Viewed 2660 times

>After a while she hears something intriguing from the guards. "ARG! we ask queen if come here and take alcohol. Now we here and running out of alcohol!" "Dunno Seezle. Beer well must have been going dry for long time if it go out moment we get here." "But want more BOOZE!" "We all want more, Seezle, but running out anyways. Queen will make us move soon, and we find new booze!" "yeh..."

>....Heikya doesn't claim to be from a races of high intelligence... but these guys are dumb. REALLY dumb. However she knows that the important member of this Tribe is the queen. While most male Goblins are driven sole-y by eating and sex, the women of the goblin race can be particularly intelligent. None-the-less, these guards have given her an important tidbit, she'll have to keep it in mind. (+1 gather information)

--> Attempt to be Diplomatic try to find out why they have taken this place they may have a good reason if they dont have a good reason find a weakness and exploit it

>She's found there reason for being here and intends on using it to get this tribe out of here.
She walks up to the guard in a non-threatening manner, asking to talk to their leader. They eventually comply, but not after a solid five minutes of them staring at her breasts. As she is led through the tribe she finds that she was completely right, the tribe is pretty much all men.
After being paraded around, Heikya is led to a room surrounded by guards. She's led inside and has the door closed behind her.

>
queen.jpg
queen.jpg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 2660 times

>Heikya finds her self in a room with several other women. They all have had their attention called to the new comer. In the middle of the room lounging on a pile of pillows is the clearly their queen.
She looks at Heikya and smiles. "Oh thank god, it's not another dead cat!" She laughs. "So is there a reason you've been brought before the queen of the Tetra tribe?"
Heikya explains that the owner has sent her to see if she can negotiate and maybe get the tribe out of his distillery so that he can continue business . She also mentions the discontent from the stills starting to go dry.
"I would, but you can only control a tribe like this to a certain extent. When the boys are after something, only the queen 'denying' them can ever get them to stop. And they seem pretty intent on draining the beer well dry~ Stupid men. everyone knows that beer is made by the ale god, not in wells!"

>Heikya takes several hours describing the process of making Beer and Ale (+1 conversation).
She queen laughs "oh is that how it works? Oh boy, I have been absolutely full of shit this entire time!~" Her and all of her maids laugh boisterously. "But honestly hun, I'm a real fan of this house and I really don't relish the thought of leaving."

>What does she do?
--> Simply convince them to leave (38% chance of success)
--> Try to convince the queen to hire out her tribe to the owner (so she can hang out in the house, so that the tribe can replenish their booze indefinitely, 78% chance.)
--> Take the queen hostage and attempt to have the tribe relocate (30% chance)
--> Start a fight. (10% chance of success)
--> other (input action)
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby coyoteredmoon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:55 pm

whew! the writing is real XD
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby Earthsage » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 pm

--> Try to convince the queen to hire out her tribe to the owner, by saying she can be paid in either Booze or gold, and they'll have a home. If the men are so intent on drinking booze, teaching them how to make it for themselves might help.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby VintageBass » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Input: Try to convince the queen to hire out her tribe to the owner, either bribing them with booze or gold to get a new home. And since the men love their booze, teach them to make their own brew to enjoy.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby moonblack » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 pm

--> Try to convince the queen to hire out her tribe to the owner by pointing out that they can be paid in booze or gold and they'll have a new home. If she's still not convinced point out that this way they won't have to worry about soldiers trying to kill them or kick them out
moonblack

Postby xeragoth » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Try to convince the queen to hire out her tribe to the owner (so she can hang out in the house, so that the tribe can replenish their booze indefinitely
xeragoth

Postby coyoteredmoon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:43 am

-->Try to convince the queen to hire out her tribe to the owner by pointing out that they can be paid in booze or gold and they'll have a new home. If she's still not convinced point out that this way they won't have to worry about soldiers trying to kill them or kick them out

>Heikya tells the queen that she really doesn't want it to happen, but If they can't find a good reason for the tribe to stay Stansengate may end up sending a force to come out and remove them. She suggests instead they try to swing it so that they can stay as workers. That way they can drink all they want, and they don't have to look for a new place to stay.
"Hmm... but me and the girls kinda landed a sweet gig. You know... with all of the men... and we being the only women... I don't know if I want to go back to working."
Heikya is quick on the rebuttal "Alright, ya got a point I guess. BUT if all of the men are working for the land owner for a lower cost than he'd expect, Ya may be able to convince the owner that ya told them to work for less. Ya know... because ya can; and all you'll ask for return is the right to stay."
The Goblin queen nods.
"I like how you think~ By the way, the name is Queen Tetra." The queen stands up and offers her hand.
"Heikya." The shake hands, coming to an understanding on the matter.

>
agreement.jpg
agreement.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 2598 times

>Before Heikya leaves: Tetra hands hera fairly heavy bag.
"Give this to the guy we invaded. Apologize for us, kay? This is a peace offering. I confiscated some stuff that looked important before the boys could mess with it."

>
somestuff.jpg
somestuff.jpg (26.36 KiB) Viewed 2598 times

> Tetra leaves Heikya with one more note. "Thanks for not coming in swinging. I'm assumin' you're some kinda of mercenary, so I appreciate you thinking with your head and not your coin-purse. If ya ever need anything, come lookin' for me; alright, hun?" (favor from Tetra added
Heikya nods, then sets off towards town again. She makes it back to the gates right before they are being closed for the night.

>What does she do?
--> Rest till morning, and go see the land owner.
--> Go talk to him now, despite how drunk he can be at this time of night.
--> Look for the large man from the Warriors Legion.
--> other (input action)
Last edited by coyoteredmoon on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
coyoteredmoon

Postby Earthsage » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:46 am

Rest for the night, and go relax. See the land owner in the morning, but think of the best way to tell him how the whole thing went down.. Make sure to convince him that the goblins will work for him.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby xeragoth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:30 am

check the inside the of the bag then --> Go talk to him now, despite how drunk he can be at this time of night.
xeragoth

Postby Omnimek » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 am

--> Go talk to him now, despite how drunk he can be at this time of night.
Omnimek

Postby moonblack » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:50 am

Check the contents of the bag, in case there's something inside that might insult the owner, then go talk to the land owner (if he's drunk it might make it easier for Heikya to persuade him)
moonblack

Postby coyoteredmoon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:18 pm

--> Check the contents of the bag, in case there's something inside that might insult the owner

>Before heading to the bar where she met the owner before, Heikya decides that checking to make sure that the bag isn't some kind of cruel prank.

>
bag of stuff.jpg
bag of stuff.jpg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 2505 times

>She opens the bag cautiously, but she's pleasantly surprised to find that the contents were exactly what Tetra had described. Many of the items are gilded or look quite expensive. There's even a small painting of what seems to be the landowner and his sons. Drunk or not, the distraught man ought to cheer up with this.

-->Go talk to him now, despite how drunk he can be at this time of night.

>She heads to the bar, knowing full well how drunk somebody can be after drinking all day. When Heikya arrives, she's surprised to find the man still conscious, moping into a pint of ale. She put's on her most comforting smile and taps him on the shoulder.
The land owner seems relatively pleased to see her, but when she gives him the bag he brightens up. Through his drunken slurring, she hatches out that he's asking how she got this cache.
Heikya explains that the Goblin queen is quite apologetic over the sudden take over. "Tetra actually wants ya to come back so that her tribe can work for ya. They're generally good workers and ya can pay 'em in beer and pocket change, more or less." She also explains the proviso from queen Tetra.
In his drunken, now happy stupor, he immediately agrees; and begins buying rounds for the entire bar.

>
happydrunk.jpg
happydrunk.jpg (40.29 KiB) Viewed 2505 times

>Heikya stays at this bar into the wee morning, celebrating with the land owner. She eventually heads back to her room at the tavern near the town gates, and sleeps till morning.
She goes and visits the man again after he's slept. While hung over, he still seems quite happy and compensates Heikya for her trouble. (+1 notoriety, +50 gold pieces, 'Goblins and Tankards' removed)

>What does she do?
--> Check the job board
--> Go shopping (input action)
--> Look for the large man from the Warriors Legion.
--> other (input action)
coyoteredmoon

Postby Earthsage » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:21 pm

(I just realized why the queen's name was Tetra. Legend of Zelda, anyone?)

Input: Go look for the large man from the warrior's legion.
Earthsage

Postby VintageBass » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Input: Look for the large man from the Warrior's Legion
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby moonblack » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:00 pm

--> Check the job board (just in case there's something important) then Look for the large man from the Warriors Legion.
moonblack

Postby xeragoth » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 am

yeah i think its finnally time but first check the board then the big guy
xeragoth

Postby ThatOldFart » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Go shopping - buy an army of slave-goblins dirt-cheap to use in future campaigns/quests. *whistles innocently*

>.>

Hey now, SOMEbody's gotta find all those traps!
ThatOldFart

Postby bestusernameEVER » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Check out the board. If there's nothing new, go meet the big guy. If there is something new, make an informed decision.
bestusernameEVER

Postby coyoteredmoon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:43 am

Apologies for no updates in the past few days, but unfortunately the old PC is in the shop at the moment :/ I'll get to updating as soon as i can! Sorry for the delay.
coyoteredmoon

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion