[VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

Postby Darthan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:12 am

AlerFane Wrote:I don't know why but I can't seem to leave the Barbarian Market. I killed everything but can't leave...

You will automatically leave the market after defeating the barbarian leader. The room she is in is kinda hard to find, there is a path in the lower left of the building you can enter that isn't really noticeable. That path leads to the barbarian's leader.
Darthan

Postby Khmaraches » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:00 am

Did you try her dresser and/or desk? It's not in the study. The diary isn't accessible until Yulgoblund suggests it to you.

Is that the room named General quarters?
If it's that, then I have found it, the diary (big red book on the desk?), but can't click on it (nothing happens I mean)
Yulgoblund already suggest it, actually he's just speaking about the king castle, and Erika don't say anything...
Seem like I'm screwed for the mistress path ><.
Khmaraches
Newly Registered

Postby Workdammit » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Khmaraches Wrote:
Did you try her dresser and/or desk? It's not in the study. The diary isn't accessible until Yulgoblund suggests it to you.

Yulgoblund already suggest it,

What specifically has he suggested? If he suggested books, they're the ones from the bookshelf in the Mistress room; if he has said to look in "the place where she lived," then go to her room (it's in the Saint Astha garrison, which is in the top left of St. Astha. Once inside, go to the right and follow the trail all the way to the end.) and search her dresser, which is just to the left of the red cushion-y thing.
Workdammit

Postby musical74 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Just tried it a bit and I have to say I like it so far! I don't care that the orcs only seem to gain levels if you give slaves to them, but outside of that, it's a lot of fun! (I'd say *add the hentai scenes already!!* but you probably already have heard THAT about 1000 times, and my drawing ability is beyond horrid so I can't help there)

Can you take on the barbarians right from the get-go? I powered the main guy up a few levels before trying the barbarians and it was pretty challenging (although the advisor says it'll be a tough fight). Beating the town was a bit harder but doable (barring the crazy dude that is guarding the ring) beating the goblins was FUNNY. I'm not sure if it's worth it to try and have either of the two human leaders be a *Mistress* given the conditions and how much the orcs get if you give them the honcho. (Some of this would definitely be easier if the orcs gained levels fighting!)

I am curious if the *just a ruin* has some plan in the future. I do like how the MC says practically nothing and everyone is (more or less) OK with that :)
musical74

Postby merlin169 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:08 am

Do you know when you will be adding the images that go with the game because i played some but stopped due to disappointment every time i hit one of those screens :cry:
merlin169

Postby command » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Here's an interesting idea since the Litch King didn't seem like that much a bad guy and wanted to be left along and he's also very powerful.

Why not also include an optional side quest to revive him and make him a formidable ally.

It would also be interesting to see conversations between the old and new Overlords with different views one who went though his campaigns and eventually got sick of the fighting and started to see it as pointless and the other still fresh and conquering.
command

Postby Seipherwood » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 am

Is there a walkthrough on how to get the special items that carry over to new game + ? I did the overlord route and somehow missed Rough Edge i think? also, no idea how i got overlord route since i convinced all but the elf lady to join me (since she was mind broken - anyway to prevent that?)
Seipherwood
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:47 pm

ok, For the Elf, after your first talk, if you want to call it that for it has no chat in it, you go back to the elf forest and you see the bunny of doom leading you to a side path, follow it, you fight a mini boss, get a seed, then go back to where you destroyed her and that huge tree and replant the seed. And yes, if you miss even one of the women to be your maiden, you get the overlord route.
Also note to STR, If you plant the seed from the back of the planting site, the game freezes.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Seipherwood » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:02 am

Cool got the elf and will know how to for next playthrough, thanks.

Ive got a few other questions too. Who is Zorya and how do you get her? How about finding the Rough Edge? Ive been all over the place and found the other uniques i could on overlord path, but for the life of me i cant find Rough Edge and its driving me nuts. also, how / where do you start the weed quest? I talked to everyone in the NE map of goblin place but no one mentioned it or anything.
Seipherwood
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 am

Ok, the only one of those questions that I can answer is the weed quest. In the Goblin City, there is a barrack site, and in the barrack site at the northern most barrack is mob of girl goblins. I think you will be able to get it started know, or if you have already done that, then you have started it. Start looking at the Elf city and the rest of the places you conquered (except the first human town and farm) and there you go. Even better when you due the Maiden path.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby Seipherwood » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Well finally figured everything out, the sword is from Master Overlord, not just the Overlord route heh.
Seipherwood
Newly Registered

Postby maddogdm » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

What carries over in new game plus.
maddogdm
Newly Registered

Postby acidrain » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Can anyone please tell me how to get Princess Hilde to become one of the mistresses? (and what is Khajimel??)

I'm sure I've talked to everyone in the dwarves' castle. Still can't get any clue.
acidrain
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 pm

ok, did you kill the king, if so, you messed up, one of the dwarves near a book or log will tell you about the Khajimel. (Hint, have you killed the huge snake at the bottom of that huge hole near the dwarves kingdom)
Dead2112man

Postby Chan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 am

Seipherwood Wrote:Cool got the elf and will know how to for next playthrough, thanks.

Ive got a few other questions too. Who is Zorya and how do you get her? How about finding the Rough Edge? Ive been all over the place and found the other uniques i could on overlord path, but for the life of me i cant find Rough Edge and its driving me nuts. also, how / where do you start the weed quest? I talked to everyone in the NE map of goblin place but no one mentioned it or anything.

No clue if youve figured it out.

But Zorya is
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

the "Mistress" in the chainmail bikini. You fight her before you go after the king in his zombie infested town. As for how you get her. You need to get all of the mistresses. Gain their loyalty. Then talk to your Imp about attacking. Then youll do a side quest to save her little bro. Then you go with her bro to meet her. Battle (Personally i think she's harder for this then without her brother). Win. Then you can make her your mistress.

I hope i got the name and female right.
Chan

Postby acidrain » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:53 am

Dead2112man Wrote:ok, did you kill the king, if so, you messed up, one of the dwarves near a book or log will tell you about the Khajimel. (Hint, have you killed the huge snake at the bottom of that huge hole near the dwarves kingdom)

No, the king still lives. The king gave me a ring and I've given it to the princess.
I don't know whether I've killed the huge snake.

I defeated it once, and it retreated back into the hole. I've got Alexia (the adventurer) whom I rescued as my mistress.

EDIT: Ah it's ok, I've found the dwarf who'd tell the overlord about Khajimel.

It's the merchant in the dwarves' mine.
acidrain
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:19 am

So STR, how is the art coming, find any body that wanted to help out or no, For this game is pretty much complete.
And another question, sorry of you already had answered this, but was that ending that you gave us the hint of a possible sequel to this one that involves another continent or not?
Dead2112man

Postby Liquidacid23 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:30 pm

I have to ask... are you purposely misspelling afraid as "effraid"? because it's spelled that way every single time it appears in-game

other than that great game. It kind of reminds me of Overwhored and that's a good thing... can't wait till it has some artwork added

I think you did a fairly good job with the balance except for the fact that later in game if I didn't use a dungeon to overlevel battle seems really dependent on consumables (specifically full heal potions and revives) than on my skills

the only question I have is about the public bath in the human city... dude won't let me enter saying I have to remove my armor first... but I can't cause it's attached to me :(

also I'm wondering if you will do sequels... cause you're supposed to conquer the whole world right? and I assume the world is larger than this one continent
Liquidacid23
Newly Registered

Postby Workdammit » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:56 pm

English isn't his first language. And due to the way dialog is put in in RPGMaker, it's apparently impossible for him to just do a ctrl-r find&replace. If you document the various places where this happens (if you search back through this topic you can find examples from me and from others), he may well get around to correcting them, although at the moment he's taking a leave of absence from the game. He says he'll probably come back at some point.
Workdammit

Postby Liquidacid23 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:00 pm

ok I'll see about making a list when I playthrough again for another ending

man tho, for English not being his first language he did a phenomenal job... I know plenty of people who speak nothing but English and write far far worse... lol
Liquidacid23
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects