CYOA Tales of Lona

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Request to travel has been enacted! Move to:

Red
29%
Guards' Gate
49%
Stay in Stansengate
22%

Total votes : 49

Re: CYOA Tales of Lona

Postby Omnimek » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:35 am

Commentary: Best bet for a drake seems like an egg, get to possibly imprint and teach from the start... Or an omelet

Input: Check the stairs down. Especially if there is a magic force shrouding the entrance.
Omnimek

Postby Firehead » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Talk it down and away seems a good option
Firehead

Postby Albireo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am

take the helmet dragon and all! nothing in the job said the armor had to be dragon free. talk to the dragon and assure it no harm, better perch, and possibly protection for the time being, get us some good will. Then simply pick up the helmet and wear it dragon and all.
edit: Alternatively coax it down, alternatively smack it with that club. If we dont club some seals with it (or seal like things) then whats the point?
Last edited by Albireo on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albireo
Newly Registered

Postby flai53 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:45 pm

try the medium risk Action (maybe under the helmet is an egg) if not start to discouver and search for one they will be defended by their parents you will Need help of an adventurer.
(and again sorry for my bad english)
flai53

Postby VintageBass » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:53 am

Albireo Wrote:take the helmet dragon...

Those are drakes, not dragons. There is a difference.

Albireo Wrote:edit: Alternatively coax it down, alternatively smack it with that club. If we dont club some seals with it (or seal like things) then whats the point?

D: No, seals and selkies should be club-free... well, unless they want to hang out at one, but that's beside the point! Plus stick + fire = ... well, either gold wasted on a good sex toy, or a new weapon, but I don't think going around and pissing off drakes with a beating stick is going to make you friends.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby ThatOldFart » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:47 am

+1 for clubbing seals(not so much for seals clubbing, though) and for fuck's sake, leave the sex toy out of it! If we're gunna club some seals we need a REAL club! Also a sap is really more meant for OHWAIT! Right, sorry, off topic.

*cough*

So...we may as well try talkin' to it, announce our attempt before hand as previously mentioned and if that fails? I'm all for fucking this thing with a dagger or at least tryin' to threaten it - the kill squad's still close enough to wipe the floor with it. It doesn't have to know that they're "too busy" to help out a poor, defenseless little catgirl who's just tryin' to earn a few coins in this big, mean ol' world. *queue sad music, spotlight and adorable ears-back pose complete with almost-tears...then shank the motherfucker while its defenses are down*
ThatOldFart

Postby m3rchant » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:36 pm

(Inspired by something that actually happened in the news a while ago.)

Alternatively, we could walk up to this bad boy while using our sexiest "your about to get fucked" voice, grab and begin rubbing his shaft with one hand, place our dagger against his balls with the other, and then calmly explain to the poor drake that he has a choice, he can give up his helmet and get a hand job, or he can keep the helmet and lose the capacity to reproduce ever again. (This is, of course, assuming that drakes can understand English AND we're dealing with a guy and not a gal drake.)
If it exists, I have it for sale! If it doesn't exist, I probably have it for sale!
m3rchant

Postby VintageBass » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:53 pm

m3rchant Wrote:(Inspired by something that actually happened in the news a while ago.)

Alternatively, we could walk up to this bad boy while using our sexiest "your about to get fucked" voice, grab and begin rubbing his shaft with one hand, place our dagger against his balls with the other, and then calmly explain to the poor drake that he has a choice, he can give up his helmet and get a hand job, or he can keep the helmet and lose the capacity to reproduce ever again. (This is, of course, assuming that drakes can understand English AND we're dealing with a guy and not a gal drake.)

... Eh, it can still work, just use the dagger in replace with the hand, keep the flat end against the slit and, hopefully, we don't have to some stabby-stab
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby coyoteredmoon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 pm

→ Try to talk it down and coax it away from the helmet.

> Mana looks at the drake and decides the best option is trying to calm this drake down. She looks around and sees that all of the adventurers are leaving this one be since it’s intent is to defend its shiny and not to protect the rookery.
Mana puts down her sack of armor and kneels down in front of the perturbed drake. She coos and clicks at it softly.
The drake continues to bark angrily at Mana, but begins to calm down after a few moments. Barks turn to minorly annoyed chirps, and the apparent anger from before starts becoming curiosity.
“Thats right pal, nothing to be afraid of.” Mana ducks down low and moves very slowly toward the Drake. “Now you don’t want to hurt anybody, now do you?”
The drake twists and bobs its head at Mana, still trying to figure out what happening. It’s mouth still slightly agape, and it still letting out a low hiss.

>
sokaybuddy.jpg
sokaybuddy.jpg (30.11 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

>The Drakes head snaps towards the sounds of a clash, and it begins barking again.
Mana clicks at it again and attempts to get it’s focus on her again. She clicks at the winged serpent again and again till finally gets its attention again. When she finally does, it closes it’s mouth and bobs its head at her again.
Mana laughs at the little display, and takes it as a sign that the drake sees her as a ‘non-threat.’
She begins to gesture towards the stairs, looking in their direction, trying to get the drake to look with her. “Look pal, there’s no one at the stairs. You could just run off! You could!” She says in a squeaky voice, like one would when trying to convince a dog.
After it a few tries, the drake cues in on what she’s trying to purvey and looks towards the stairs. It begins to slowly move away from the spot that it has been guarding, seemingly forgetting its shiny payload. Before it finally dashes of though, the drake tips over the helmet and grabs a strange-looking nut from underneath it.
It begins springing down the stairs. Before it leaves eyeshot, it chirps cheerily back at Mana, then disappears down the stairs.
She scoops up the Shiny helmet. (Shiny Helmet added)

>
byebuddy.jpg
byebuddy.jpg (19.54 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

Mana watches it leave, a bit confused about what had it had taken. She considers it a net gain though: Drake got to go on it’s merry way, and she gets another piece of her boss’s armor. (Shiny helmet added)

She looks around at the fight going on in this level. She sees that the adventurers have cleared it for the most part, Some of them stand next to stairs that lead up to the next level, checking the buckles of their armor and/or chugging strange, colorful fluids. They look ready to proceed.
Mana feels a hearty pat on the back, and hears a boisterous laugh. She looks up at the familiar visage of the Drunkard, now with a new set of Shiny Pauldrons. He explains that he found them on one of the larger drakes and went ahead and grabbed them.
Mana nods, “One less thing for me to get a hold of.”

The party begins moving up the next set of stairs once the rest are done dealing with their opponents. The further the move up the stairs, Mana begins to sense that the rest of the party is beginning to become more tense. They arrive in a large antechamber when they reach the head of the stairs. In the room there is a huge foreboding door and several pedestals lining the sides of the room. Most of them have long since lost the treasures that they held, but one still displays it’s prize.
Mana rushes over to the particular pedestal and grabs the piece being shown off. (Shiny gauntlets added)

Mana runs over to her boss with a plucky “mission complete.”
The drunkard laughs responds with ‘Good Job!’ He looks at the door then back to Mana. “Miss Kitty, you probably best get a move on back to the wagon and wait for us there. We got one more HUGE PROBLEM to deal with! I hired you help me get the armor and you did that, you can go relax.” He gives a big goofy smile and nods. “However if you wanted to help, I’m sure our leader would pay you a bit more and you could keep anything nice you get your hands on. The decision is yours, friend!”
Mana nods and hands over the bag contents of her cushioned bag, and the gauntlets. Nodding at the drunkards words.
(Shiny Breastplate removed, Shiny Greaves removed, Shiny helmet removed, Shiny Gauntlets removed)

→ What does she do?
> Enter the lair with the rest of the adventurers. (high risk)
> Return to the Wagon and wait for the rest of the party to return. (no risk)
> Return to the first floor, and check the stairs down. (unknown risk)
> Bail out! (no risk)
> other (Input action)
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby Albireo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:55 am

Comment on last action: That nut or whatever our Drake friend left is a proof of risk/reward. If we go high risk with the adventurers there it is unlikely anything truly bad would happen, at worst we would lose 1 hp with the flip side being some super shiny piece of gear i assume. would we get the reward even with a failed roll? all in all though i vote for some kind of risk because as things stand we will get a paltry payment for quite a lot of choices worth of stuff.

Input: i vote the hidden stairs down bottom! Tell Leeroy that we are going to look into something on the first floor and that if we don't meet them on the way out to look for the stairs. (i figure now that we don't have a bunch of armor weighing us down its a good place to go not to mention we can secure back up in case things go sour.)
Albireo
Newly Registered

Postby m3rchant » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm with Albireo right up until telling the boss about the stairs! I say we first ask what exactly is behind that door! If it's too scary or he's too vague, tell him we're gonna go look into something first and then come back to see if the battle is still going on. If the battle is still happening when we return, then I say jump in now while the enemy is weakened! If Mr.Boss can explain the threat well enough and it seems his men would be able to do most of the fighting themselves, why not join in and see what we can do to help. That staircase isn't just gonna get up and walk away on it's own, now is it?
If it exists, I have it for sale! If it doesn't exist, I probably have it for sale!
m3rchant

Postby Albireo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:37 pm

but if we wait for the battle to end the adventuring party will leave and they were dis-inclined to acknowledge the existence of the stairs. I think it best to do the stairs before they leave so we have that extra fall back option. (of just Leeroy at least or the whole crew if something chases us.)
Albireo
Newly Registered

Postby Crawford » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:07 pm

Commentary: job is done, but eh action ahead, and we kinda need to have the drunkard alive (even if i don't know if we're going to be very helpfull against the HUGE problem) as for the staircase down even if i'm curious we might be able to check that after with everyone. (i doubt it but...)

Input: Enter the lair with the rest of the adventurers. (high risk)
Crawford

Postby flai53 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 am

just a Boss how is alive can pay. So try to help him (high risk). But if their is a bit time u can look after your new drake friend
flai53

Postby bestusernameEVER » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I say take the stairs (unknown risk). Possible high risk is better than certain high risk!
But make sure to tell the adventurerers where you are, in case you get lost down there. (Or maybe leave a note, or some kind of trace.)
bestusernameEVER

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:58 pm

I am very curious, down into the unknown.
Firehead

Postby Omnimek » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:31 am

We should bet on this fight! Its unique and win or fail we can try for the basement after that.

There is soo much that Mana needs in wealth, fame, power, companions, rare resources and practical experience in dangerous situations. After these dangersome events she can relax for a week, cleaning over at Ano's, getting briefed on race info and making contact with our contacts like that warrior's guild, Sibin, Sis, getting her leather ect. Planning a trip to pick up those water bits for the impact reduction potion.

TLDR
Um, be risky now be safe later.
Omnimek

Postby coyoteredmoon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:21 pm

→ Return to the first floor, and check down the stairs.

>Mana Remembers the Staircase down on the first floor. She goes her boss then thinks better of the situation, she instead goes to the leader of the adventurers and explains to him exactly what she saw. He shakes his head confused about the entire scenario, retorting that he didn't see the staircase. Mana nods in understanding and explains to him how magically obfuscated things work.
“Hmm… I’m not terribly sure If understand, but if you’re still willing to help us fight this broodmother, I think my troupe could use a little break. Go find what you need to find out, and comeback. We’ll be here waiting” The leader gives her a reassuring pat on the back and shoo’s her towards the stairs down to the lower floors.

>
patpat.jpg
patpat.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

> She quickly descends to the lower floors, and looks for the hidden case.
It doesn’t take her long to find the magically hidden passage. She steps through the threshold onto the stairs and finds quite dark. Luckily her natural nightvision grants her just the perception she needs to not wipe out on the long twisting staircase. She finds the case to be much longer than the others in the tower, leading her deeper and deeper into the unknown.
After some time, she emerges from the staircase into a dimly lit room.
She peers around the room.
“Nothing strange here…. nothing strange at all… As long as you don’t consider and old woman sitting in the middle of a glowing red sigil strange…” She says pensively to herself.

>
blood.jpg
blood.jpg (22.36 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

>The old woman sitting in the Sigil chuckles eerily “I certainly do not, my dear~” The old woman snaps, and 3 pedestals around the outside of the sigil and glow, Illuminating small objects sitting on top of them. “Take a look at my stock, deary~ I’m sure you will be quite pleased at my selection.”
Mana carefully approaches the pedestals, keeping well clear of them but getting close enough to examine them.
>The First pedestal has a pair of wire framed glasses, They don’t seem particularly exceptional. As Mana considers them, the old woman pipes up: “Those once belonged to a very wise scholar. Wise and foolish simultaneously.” She chuckles from within her circle.
>The second pedestal holds a red cape neatly folded. Despite Its apparent age, the material still seems rich and new. The only issue being a few dark spots near one of the bottom corners. “A great warrior once wore that cape. So powerful...and so fragile~” She snickers to her self.
>The last pedestal holds a small ribbon. Maybe just enough to tie a braid. Mana finds this on particularly odd, but then the old woman speaks again: “That little strip was made with the greatest care and sold by the slyest of tongues, only to bring bondage to the most confident of beasts.”

>Mana backs away and looks back to the woman. “Disregarding your… marketing position… what are you asking for these?”
The old woman smiles. “I ask a steep price deary. Each of those little trinkets will cost you blood” She laughs fervently “Those stands are quite hungry too. I’m quite certain that they’ll take their pay the moment you pick up those little trinkets….choose wisely.”
Mana recoils slightly at the thought of these things taking her blood.

→ What does she do?
> Take the glasses and pay in blood
> Take the cape and pay in blood
> Take the ribbon and pay in blood
> Take nothing
> Return to the adventurers and enter the broodmother’s lair(High Risk)
> Bail out! (no risk)
> other (Input action)
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby merlin169 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:02 am

CREEPY!

Back away slowly then go join the adventurers to fight the broodmother
merlin169

Postby VintageBass » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:02 am

Commentary: Hmmm, I sense there are some drawbacks from these items and I'm not entirely certain on taking any of these things... >.<

Input: Leave, see if there's a way to get that baby drake (they're sooo cute!) and wait for the adventurers to come back after dealing with the broodmother.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects