Space Escape

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Space Escape

Postby Biles » Wed May 20, 2015 2:54 am

I don't know which right directory I should be putting the game in to make those line of codes work though. if the "042715.swf" itself was extracted, I'd be happy if someone could attach it here for download. I'm assuming that particular swf file is the meat of the game.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby kissofthehell » Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 pm

So i have "finished" the game so far. 17/17 items. I noticed somewhere in the topic someome mentioned a bath robe armor/underwear. Is there any actual item. I also saw that there is a hidden path if you go back at start and go left, but there is a brown/biegeish door that cant be unlocked.
kissofthehell

Postby Dead2112man » Wed May 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Yea, that was the original starting area, Not sure about any bathrobe but the underwear armor does exist.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Biles » Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 am

If someone is willing to extract the file "042715.swf" from the .exe and attach it to this thread, I'd much appreciate it.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Dead2112man » Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 pm

No such file exists
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Biles » Thu May 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Then Kvier must've been wrong.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby kvier » Fri May 22, 2015 2:13 am

It's totally there, I just don't want to share UrielManX's work in a format he didn't originally distribute. I figure he had a reason to not give a swf instead of an exe...

anyway, if you're having Terminal problems, try " 'SpacEscape 042715.exe' " instead of " SpacEscape\ 042715.exe "—spaces are tricksy.
kvier

Postby Biles » Fri May 22, 2015 10:42 pm

I tried it, but I'm not having any luck it seems. It would've have been better had he not embedded the swf file to begin with and kept the game cross-platform compatible in the first place. :/
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Biles » Fri May 22, 2015 10:43 pm

I tried it, but I'm not having any luck it seems. It would've have been better had he not embedded the swf file to begin with and kept the game cross-platform compatible in the first place. :/
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby FuzzFace » Sat May 23, 2015 2:41 am

kissofthehell Wrote:So i have "finished" the game so far. 17/17 items. I noticed somewhere in the topic someome mentioned a bath robe armor/underwear. Is there any actual item. I also saw that there is a hidden path if you go back at start and go left, but there is a brown/biegeish door that cant be unlocked.

There are secret armors you can unlock, using some code depiler, or something like that. Here are the screen shots of the hacked clothing. I will note that moving when wearing these causes the player character to shift between these clothing, and her normal one.
Attachments
mitsuko3.gif
mitsuko2.gif
mitsuko5.gif
mitsuko1.gif
mitsuko4.gif
FuzzFace

Postby bumgloves » Mon May 25, 2015 5:54 pm

So, I completed Normal. I completed Hard. Both with getting all the items. I still haven't unlocked Easy or the Gallery. Am I missing something? I read all the loading screens and saw no hints on how to do that. Any hints?
bumgloves
Newly Registered

Postby musical74 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Easy SHOULD be available after you complete the Hard level. The gallery (IIRC) will show up after you beat Easy. One thing with the Gallery though, you need to have the monster drop the gallery for it before you can see the gallery for the critter. (I discovered this after it said "you do not have the gallery for the horse* even though I had been crushing it.)
musical74

Postby Shroo » Sat May 30, 2015 7:33 am

i have also finished both normal and hard, collecting 17 items both times, and i cant access easy or gallery, also newgame+ wont load, it just glitches out.
Shroo
Newly Registered

Postby FuzzFace » Sun May 31, 2015 5:22 pm

I was able to access easy mode. Not sure what you're all doing differently. I found the "secret", and saved the game after beating it. I'm going to delete my saves, and not save the game, and not find the "secret", see if I can reproduce this effect. Any information would be helpful to Uriel, I'm sure.
FuzzFace

Postby Passerby » Sun May 31, 2015 11:06 pm

As of the latest update (5/27)...none of the buttons seem to work. Am I missing something? The enter button works to skip the starting credits, and the arrow buttons work to navigate the menu, but none of the other buttons work to confirm choices or anything. Anyone else run into this?
Passerby

Postby FuzzFace » Sun May 31, 2015 11:48 pm

Passerby Wrote:As of the latest update (5/27)...none of the buttons seem to work. Am I missing something? The enter button works to skip the starting credits, and the arrow buttons work to navigate the menu, but none of the other buttons work to confirm choices or anything. Anyone else run into this?

I think someone on the blog mentioned that the buttons would not work also. Not sure if it's related to a bug I found, but the screen locked on me. I know it's an obvious question, but do you change your buttons? Buttons revert to default when saves are deleted. Also, the new version requires that you delete your old saves.

FuzzFace Wrote:I was able to access easy mode. Not sure what you're all doing differently. I found the "secret", and saved the game after beating it. I'm going to delete my saves, and not save the game, and not find the "secret", see if I can reproduce this effect. Any information would be helpful to Uriel, I'm sure.

I ran into the problem after beating hard too now. It did it after the screen went back to the main menu and was locked; Arrow keys and buttons did not work. I worked around it by plaything through it, and doing exatly as I had done before, so I'm not sure what makes it happen. I probably could have loaded a save and ran back to the ship, but I didn't think if doing that.
FuzzFace

Postby Passerby » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:18 pm

FuzzFace Wrote:I think someone on the blog mentioned that the buttons would not work also. Not sure if it's related to a bug I found, but the screen locked on me. I know it's an obvious question, but do you change your buttons? Buttons revert to default when saves are deleted. Also, the new version requires that you delete your old saves.

Huh, was looking for comments or something on the blog that might mention this but couldn't find it. Could you show me where they said that?
Also, I tried it without any saves at all. Just extracted and ran it. What would the buttons change to, though? I hit every single button on my keyboard and nothing seemed to do anything other than the arrow keys. I'd try shoving saves from older versions in there as a test, but the last version I had was apparently from 2013.
Passerby

Postby Husky » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:03 pm

Hah, trying to raise willpower over 1000 glitches the menu, making it so you need to use esc to exit the screen.
Husky
Newly Registered

Postby FuzzFace » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Passerby Wrote:
FuzzFace Wrote:I think someone on the blog mentioned that the buttons would not work also. Not sure if it's related to a bug I found, but the screen locked on me. I know it's an obvious question, but do you change your buttons? Buttons revert to default when saves are deleted. Also, the new version requires that you delete your old saves.

Huh, was looking for comments or something on the blog that might mention this but couldn't find it. Could you show me where they said that?
Also, I tried it without any saves at all. Just extracted and ran it. What would the buttons change to, though? I hit every single button on my keyboard and nothing seemed to do anything other than the arrow keys. I'd try shoving saves from older versions in there as a test, but the last version I had was apparently from 2013.

http://urielmanx7.blogspot.com/p/suggestion-box.html 4th comment from the bottom(as of this post). I'll go ahead and quote it here.

"I have a problem were at the menu of the game the controls for ok and back at the bottom left of the screen are blank or not showing, right now i cant play the game because I don't know what to press to start the game (which I thought were S for ok and E for back) but that didn't work.I then try to press every key on my key bored to see what works to start the game but again none of them work. The only thing that does work for me is the the arrow keys. So if you can help me with my problem that would be great."

Also, where did you find the saves? They should be at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects. You have to clear the saved data, or at least rename it to something so the game can't pick it up.
FuzzFace

Postby Ashra XIII » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:15 pm

I've been enjoying this game, but had a question as well as a problem:

Question: Does this game recognize a Xbox 360 controller? If so, do I need something to make this happen? It's not working for me, so I have to use keyboard controls which are a bit clunky.

Problem: I've started having issues where my character gets stuck when hanging on a ledge or climbing a ladder. She gets froze in that position and won't let go, and since she's not on the ground I can't open options menus or anything. It first happened right after picking up double-jump, when I was trying to use it to get to that high ledge, but after exiting the game and reloading, I now get stuck pretty quickly after the game loads up. Anyone seen this?
Ashra XIII
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects