Amaranth RPG MAKER VX|ACE

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX Update: 02-07-2015

Postby vipul » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 am

Sorry but it looks like i forgot but can anyone tell me which old man in the slave market are we talking about and do i have to start over with lvl 1 in part 3
vipul
Newly Registered

Postby Indeed » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:12 pm

I found that if I lose to the baddies at the table in the dungeons, I spawn in the respawn bed and can't refight, as the girls are blocking the way, and I can't talk to them.
Indeed

Postby ssjwolverine » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:57 pm

OK, tried the update and the issue is had with the game is, well, no longer an issue. Thank you, Car6on!

Quick question. I'm having trouble saving the slaves in Chapter 3. I always get my ass kicked. Any tips on where I should start?
ssjwolverine

Postby vipul » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:43 am

For ssjwolverine
start with the blonde which is in the cell with the foul and aftr u beat him rest in the bed for health recovery then u can either choose the one with two humans or one in the cell with the bull but remember to fight the ones in the cell with pinkhead at the last. Suggestion use show boobs to confuse the enemy or make the one sleep when fighting more than one oponents aftr saving slaves first save then proceed cause it is tuff aftr that
vipul
Newly Registered

Postby Car6on » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Indeed Wrote:I found that if I lose to the baddies at the table in the dungeons, I spawn in the respawn bed and can't refight, as the girls are blocking the way, and I can't talk to them.

Great! Bugs! :D Fixing it...

ssjwolverine Wrote:OK, tried the update and the issue is had with the game is, well, no longer an issue. Thank you, Car6on!

Quick question. I'm having trouble saving the slaves in Chapter 3. I always get my ass kicked. Any tips on where I should start?

Np and just like vipul says, start with the easy fights like the foul. Scavenge the dungeon for chests before any battle and use only the beds when you need the HP and such.
If you complete the ogre whore badge you will receive a reward of some kind which will help you in fighting.
Car6on

Postby vipul » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:49 pm

how can we get ogre whore badge and i am currently stuck at the gate aftr the dungeon entrance for the customers
vipul
Newly Registered

Postby Indeed » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:49 pm

I found I can no longer get Ash in the new Part 2, she just keeps saying where the ogre king is after I've killed him.

Noticed the new skip intro option I requested before. Thanks for putting it in! :D
Indeed

Postby PolarBearSama » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Anyone got any tricks for beating the "you've collected the prisoners, now go beat up the guys and escape" fight?
I've tried it numerous times and just keep losing.
I've got the Ogre Whore badge, and try and keep the Bandit from attacking too much, but goddamn, between stuns from the Ogre and Paralyze from the Foul, that fight is annoying as fuck.
PolarBearSama
Newly Registered

Postby Indeed » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:24 pm

vipul Wrote:how can we get ogre whore badge and i am currently stuck at the gate aftr the dungeon entrance for the customers

Just keep going back to the lone ogre behind the counter in the dungeon by that foul with poor vision
Indeed

Postby Indeed » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Found another thing. In the room before the End Of Beta Hall, if the guard goes to sleep, and then you eat the sausage, he'll still talk to you, and whatever you choose he disappears from the bed.
Indeed

Postby Indeed » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Another thing. If you use the Ogre Whore Badge after the guard sleeps, once you get back into the room from the dungeon bed, the guard is sleeping in his original doorway location
Indeed

Postby Rein » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Ok, first things first. Let me just say I love the way you're developing chapter 3. Chapters 1&2 were an unbalanced mess of grind and repetitive fights (with fun sex scenes that kept the game together), while chapter 3 reminds me of the much beloved Despair Labyrinth.
So since I want to maintain this direction, I will be very vocal on some parts:

1. Stealth. - Generally speaking, stealth is a pretty bad idea in RPG tactical RPGs, since sooner or later you will end up in a boss fighting, and if you avoided enemies on the way there you will be underleveled – potentially to the point where you have to backtrack and farm. Therefore it is generally a good idea to make disposing enemies through stealth give you some gameplay reward – either by a Exp & Monetary reward, or by unlocking unique battle abilites for the characters – poison blade, backstab, assasinate, you know the drill.
Maybe you already thought of that, but I didn't see any signs of it in the new release, so I'm putting it out.

2. Character development: There is this small part when Nimrodel is asked what to do, and selecting Saving Everyone gives her bonus stats, while Saving yourself gives her shit.
Stats gain through dialogue are a great idea, and I'm all abroad for them – but why should there be only a single „right” choice? Why can't playing it safe also be a good decision? Sure, it's not what the past Nimrodel would do, but maybe the current one thinks differently (wouldn't be surprising to have a minor brain damage when you already have amnesia) . Wouldn't it be wise to have „Just us” give Defense +5, or Stealth +1? Maybe even Wisdom +1 &Threat -1.
Hell, you could even give Attack +5 to the pissed out Chimera. The point is, you should never have people feel tempted to decide on plot/character development choices through Mechanical bonuses. Stat-wise there should be no bad choices.

EDIT: Ok, now that I finished all the new content, the way you deal with the quard later is exactly what I had in mind. Keep it up!

3. Resting – ok, this one is specific to the new dungeon. Basically, if you use all the 3 beds, and then lose any fight – you're f*cked. You are low on HP, and there is no way to regenerate it. This won't be a problem later when you can backtrack to a shop, but right now you basically have to reload.
What I would suggest, is to have a ingame justification of why the beds are usable only once – Basically, Nimrodel and her team try to hide away from their captors, so they don't risk sleeping in a single place more than once. Now, they could use the same bed again – but they are risking getting raped. Could be a percentage based probability, could happen every time. Point is, you would never get stuck because of low health – instead repeated usage would skyrocket your dick addiction.
5. Ogre badge – I'll say, that's a great idea! But I would cut down the amount of repeated sex scenes required, or have the sex already start with a couple of scenes. Building up to the badge takes ages, like, 12 scenes, and I lost interest way before I got there. If I didn't read the forum, I wouldn't know it was there.

Now, there is something I'm concerned about – how will this Deja-vu thing work? Will it some sort of Hypnotism thing, making Nimrodel relive her previous rapes, rising Dict Addiction, or just a convenient way to reuse scenes from chapter 1&2? As a stat it just seems really weird.
Rein
Newly Registered

Postby ssjwolverine » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:39 pm

OK, I finally made it through the two-part battle with the ogre and bandit and everyone else, but when I started moving forward into the dungeon, I reached a dead end. Is there a way to move forward or is that it for this update?
ssjwolverine

Postby Indeed » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 am

ssjwolverine Wrote:OK, I finally made it through the two-part battle with the ogre and bandit and everyone else, but when I started moving forward into the dungeon, I reached a dead end. Is there a way to move forward or is that it for this update?

The end, unfortunately
Indeed

Postby vipul » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:48 am

I read that we can give ideas right.
I have one too how about a orc companion human male will be too obvious but orc will be a change (like the one which unties us when we talk to the guards without maid uniform and surrender in Part 1 and 2 before reaching for the games.)
vipul
Newly Registered

Postby ssjwolverine » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:11 am

Came across a bug in Chapter 2.

When I leave the cells in Town of Games and try to enter again, the gatekeeper says "you may enter" but doesn't let me enter.
ssjwolverine

Postby Emily21 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Challenging game, but very absorbing. :)
Emily21

Postby walmartyr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:45 am

Last time I played I screwed up in part 3 and couldn't get past the big fight. Are the cheats in this one too? I'm redownloading so I can give it another shot.
walmartyr

Postby Indeed » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:39 am

Is everything going alright? Haven't heard from you in a while
Indeed

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (On Hiatus 03.08.15)

Postby Car6on » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:38 pm

All good things must come an....a Hiatus.

I'm sorry to say that the game will be on Hiatus for the time being. For how long I can't say but it could be a long while.
I will certainly not have time working on the game while I'm studying at the university, at least not at the beginning. I'm actually going to study computer science so I might return one day with a flash game, who knows.
Anyone who wish to continue my work should contact me with a PM. Even if you don't, feel free to enjoy and use what I've created so far. Later.

P.S. you should cancel your patronage.

P.P.S. Thank you so much for the support. I know I'm letting some of you down.

Note. I will still be around to answer questions and what not.
Car6on

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects