Pokemon - Rebirth

Post and discuss creative ideas

Pokemon - Rebirth

Postby AnarchyAngel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:25 am

First off this is a post for a team I want to see this game up and running pretty quick for fans and have no rpg maker experience. if you want to see this game follow the post and give me a rating 1-10 on how you think it sounds. if you have the ball's to take on the challenge and make this game send me an e-mail [email protected]
i'll get back to you asap include your name, and what you would like to contribute or focus on. jobs that need filled = 1.spriters for fakemon, trainers, gym leaders, new items and the world map. 2.script/code writers for fakemon, trainers, gym leaders, new items, the map, a new feature i want to put in place, moves, and events. 3.mappers to basically just lay out the event markers and put together each part of the game play. NOTE: this game is written from the intro to the end credits you may offer advice, ideas and anything to help make it better and put more of you in to the project but all the main writing is done I have the map all the city's, town's, events, 158 new fakemon, an entire story!!! all i need is the tec help from some reliable fans who want to put this project together!!!

Ok here is a quick summery for you to get an idea of what i am going for...
The intro is done by nurse joy she will give an option of a back story or skip. "story sum" player has just awoken from a coma and learns there mom and dad are believed to be dead, they missed sign ups for the pkmn trainers league and need to fill out a trainer's id card. thus follows name, male or female avatar "chose one of 3 options for m/f choice" and your age "this affects game play over/under 21 options in several events ect..." you start up in the local city's pkmn center and nurse joy introduces prof.Cherry (tall young sexy blonde) she invites you to her lab. this comes in to play the fakemon first up in a costume i made normal type 3 levels however, you can evolve this normal type at lv 25 normal leveling or use one of the new items i made to make it evolve so that its 2-3 stages are one of any type up to gen 3. the whole game is being done i would prefer in r/s/e 3rd gen style. on rpg maker xp but i will consider anyone who is interested alteration to that.there are a few other tweaks, new stuff and little hidden joys i will discuss with any one who e-mails me so ill wait for those worth talking to until then thanks for checking this out and let me know what you think.
AnarchyAngel

Re: Pokemon - Rebirth

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 am

4 out of 10, you going to have give more plot than that if you want some one else to make it, like sure I understand, try to make a game, do completely new sprites and drawings are very hard (Just look at Humbird0's pokemon and pokemon pink).
And what exactly are the fakemon, are they slightly Humanoid or even just humans in pokemon costumes. Are they actual brand new pokemon with new names and sprites.
I am just going to say it straight, The more information that is cleanly put out, the better chance you will find someone out there willing to help you make this game.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby AnarchyAngel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 am

Dead2112man Wrote:4 out of 10, you going to have give more plot than that if you want some one else to make it, like sure I understand, try to make a game, do completely new sprites and drawings are very hard (Just look at Humbird0's pokemon and pokemon pink).
And what exactly are the fakemon, are they slightly Humanoid or even just humans in pokemon costumes. Are they actual brand new pokemon with new names and sprites.
I am just going to say it straight, The more information that is cleanly put out, the better chance you will find someone out there willing to help you make this game.

This would be a normal pokemon style game there is a few "adult" style themes i would like to add hidden in the above 21 age events as i noted above. however the game is a massive new pkmn story as the name suggests (rebirth) the original gen 1-3 pkmn can be used and i need 158 "already done" fakemon they need scripting and sprites that are just like gen-3 pkmn from ruby/sapphire. the story arch is massive btw i trimmed it down however there will be 14 city's with 16 gym battles to earn all badges one for each type. gym leaders all set to rival level so there always just a little stronger then you are for a better challenge. it will have 7 towns. the story covers you meeting 9 rivals that will always have a team that is a few levels higher then your team they will test battle you after the story arch there in then you have to beat them in the pkmn league tournament to face the returning champ "jessie of team rocket <note> this is part of the story she is no longer part of team rocket and has become a high ranked trainer> now a expert trainer" there will be an option in game to join one of two teams or stay true to becoming a master trainer as in any other game. this version rewrites a lot of rules such as legendaries are now going to have a male/female except for ditto and can be bread caught in the wild as reg pkmn. the whole region excludes every one after johto as reality so all gen-3 pkmn will be written in as half kanto half johto... the entire game is ready to go i can send city/town sketches or info, fakemon info and details/sketches everything anyone willing to explore there talents and create a legendary fan game would need if they join my team and help me make this project.
AnarchyAngel

Postby obviouslyanalias » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:23 am

AnarchyAngel Wrote:up and running pretty quick for fans and have no rpg maker experience.

That about sums it up. If all you provide is a generic story there wont be many takers for the massive art/programming tasks this will entail
obviouslyanalias
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 pm

AnarchyAngel Wrote:This would be a normal pokemon style game there is a few "adult" style themes i would like to add hidden in the above 21 age events as i noted above.

So pretty much your standard main game Pokemon handheld game that will cover more mature subjects they haven't explored in the games? I'm not quite sure about what other subjects can be tackled in the games, but whatever it can be done...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:however the game is a massive new pkmn story as the name suggests (rebirth) the original gen 1-3 pkmn can be used and i need 158 "already done" fakemon they need scripting and sprites that are just like gen-3 pkmn from ruby/sapphire.

So 386 up to Gen III plus 158 "already created..." rounds about to 522. That's quite a bit, not to mention you're going to use others' Fakemon for this game?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the story arch is massive btw i trimmed it down however there will be 14 city's with 16 gym battles to earn all badges one for each type.

... You're basically remaking G/S/C in Gen III graphics, pretty much. Also, no love for Dark?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:gym leaders all set to rival level so there always just a little stronger then you are for a better challenge.

So there's an order that you'll need to take to beat each Gym Leader... much like most of the games?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:it will have 7 towns.

Seems rather small, don't you think?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the story covers you meeting 9 rivals that will always have a team that is a few levels higher then your team they will test battle you after the story arch there in then you have to beat them in the pkmn league tournament to face the returning champ "jessie of team rocket <note> this is part of the story she is no longer part of team rocket and has become a high ranked trainer> now a expert trainer"

9 rivals? That's quite a lot. Plus the later games seem to make it more that the whole rival thing is more about being closer friends with them, with 4 being the max so far. Not to mention that one of them was technically your rival in the form of whatever gender you didn't pick. Also Jessie's in this game... so this has elements from the anime universe, huh?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:there will be an option in game to join one of two teams or stay true to becoming a master trainer as in any other game.

... OK, mind laying out what exactly these ideas are?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:this version rewrites a lot of rules such as legendaries are now going to have a male/female except for ditto and can be bread caught in the wild as reg pkmn.

Like any other mythical Pokemon. Seriously, it's not like you can't catch these Pokemon in the wild... because they are wild Pokemon! They are found in the wild, meaning you can catch them just like anyone else! Sure the numbers don't reflect this, but part of what makes them unique is that there are only one of each, with some exceptions. Sure there could be more (Lugia and her baby from that one episode in the anime, and there were herds of Mew long ago), but to have like Mewtwo having multiple copies (have we got an explanation for Movie 16?) or there exist multiple copies of the one who created the universe (granted he can make eggs of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) won't exactly make them unique. Plus the anime and certain games already have this patted down, it's just not there for everyone else for... reasons.

Also, there are even regular Pokemon that don't have genders, too. Magnemite line, anyone?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the whole region excludes every one after johto as reality so all gen-3 pkmn will be written in as half kanto half johto...

Why no love for Hoenn? Secret Bases, man!

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the entire game is ready to go i can send city/town sketches or info, fakemon info and details/sketches everything anyone willing to explore there talents and create a legendary fan game would need if they join my team and help me make this project.

... OK, so why not show the things off here to get people invested? Just laying it out in text isn't going to do much justice without the proper details and you're not really giving us anything to work off of. Now, let me provide one good example...

"A young trainer from Cinnabar Island travels across Kanto, collecting, raising and training Pokemon to become the next Pokemon Champion, and who happens to be a nudist."

What exactly does that tell you about the story I'm working? You have someone with a goal, who also has a particular lifestyle, and is going around doing pretty much like everyone who has played the games. It doesn't exactly tell you everything, but it's still pretty straightforward and tells you pretty much what I'm doing. I do have some themes I would like to explore, along with other things that I would like to poke fun at but also add in the right kind of fanservice to help celebrate the series I'm writing about. I don't need to make a grand story out of a simple tale, I already got a story for that and that's on the sidelines for this one I'm working on. If I were to adapt it into a game, at least there is a guideline for things, and it'll definitely need retooling to benefit the gaming atmosphere.

Here it's too ambitious and too vague to really know what's going into this game. It'll be nice to know what is going on and have some ideas, like show off these sketches, tell more about the story in particular, give us some of these changes to reflect your vision. Something more to really invest others in on this!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby AnarchyAngel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:20 pm

that is a lot lol ok not a generic story the 2 teams are team destiny and team fate each have there own crazy story arch if you join them so in all you have 3 stories you can progress through not one generic story. all the events and special stuff from each story will be unique and the out comes or endings will differ slightly.
using gen 3 graphics makes the count on sprites 158 because essentials has all of emeralds up to the new ones i made, that is not a set number btw there can be more depending on what someone who joins the team wants to do. i liked the secret base in gen 3 as well it was cool, i was considering travel options and do not think i have enough map space for all 3 and the new regions as well. i could have legendary pkmn in the game as there normal but with all the stuff my story has going on i found them eh i also wanted to consider doing the "original" idea for 2 birds one dog that was thrown out idk yet how the legendary pkmn will work exactly. They will not all be the typical rivals you will come across all 12 in game npc rivals twice before the main arch battle in the tournament. there is going to be an elite four as well this is one of 2 right now the basic one or one that will require kanto and johto to access and be a lot stronger. also no my mistake the gm leaders have no real order you can challenge them in any order the map has access to 4 right out of the gate and those give you the HM's cut, surf, strength, rock smash. later other gyms award you flash, dive, waterfall and whirlpool. to open all areas up. I will alter the legendary system i still want them to have male or female however maybe there will only be one in special locals with events attached to explain there very low population. doing away with all story from gen-4 and up so idk what else to tell you guys the story is there its way open to be tweaked if a team wants to pick it up.
AnarchyAngel

Postby VintageBass » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:09 pm

... OK, I got two questions out of this:

1) Is this anime or game based? The two are completely different in terms of how they operate, meaning that certain rules don't work as well as they do in the other. I mention this as you have Team Rocket's Jessie as the Champion, but I'm not entirely sure if this will be anime based...

2) You do understand that you will need to recreate Johto using Gen III graphics, right? I'm sure there are fan-based maps out there just to save you time, but that is a bit of an issue to get that set up, plus getting everything to work there.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 am

Ok, First off, AnarchyAngel, look at my post, then look at VintageBass's post, then look at yours. Please use more spacing, hard to read when it is mostly a huge rectangle of words.

Now back to the game Idea at hand. Which because this is still an Idea and no game play is posted, will be moved by are good old "Friend" Zeus Kabob to the discussion section in about a week.

Three story lines!! Wow, love it, truly due, not enough fan made pokemon games have it where you can join one of the teams. The only one I know of that did a good job at being in one of the teams was Pokemon Purple I think, where you joined team Rocket and created all the events in the first gen games

And you also say you have some fakemon sprites made, well show them off, because like I originally posted, the more you give, the better chance you will get finding some one to help you.

And did I hear 12 rivals but you only face them each twice. whats the point of calling them a rival unless you face them often or just see them often enough to remind you just how far behind you are.

So, after you take one path then do you have to go back and face the other three gyms before you can face the next four gyms. Or will the be enough passage to go to all in random order as long as you chose between the first four gyms.

As for legendary's .......... DON"T MESS WITH THEM. They get that title for the reason you can't breed them and that they are difficult to catch. You can't call a Pokemon legendary unless it is a unique pokemon with only one being avalable per play through. The only ones that get to keep that title for multiple catches are the Unkown, which can not be breed either.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby AnarchyAngel » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:40 am

I am not good at spacing lol sorry for that i type out my thoughts as they come to me.

however i'll try to hit everything you guys just asked about.

first at the moment I can not post any of my pen and paper sketches or notes i do not have a scanner at the moment.

all maps for johto and kanto are online free to download. so the only things they need are events put in place where the team wants them at.

everything from gen 3 is also in media file downloads all over the place its not a hard google search i can send links to the team once i have some people joined in.

i am basing this around the game as it plays however i have written in several things from the anime such as jessie and james "who i want as the poison type gym leader" and meowth as a optional team mate later on.

as for rivals let me note this there not standard rivals, its just my way of saying they will be set to always have an edge against you example if you have 4 pkmn at level 25 when you meet them in battle they will have 4 pkmn at level 27-28 so its harder to predict and defeat them. gym leaders are all set the same way so everytime you face off against them there a little harder.

the 158 fakemon i made are sketched i can give great detail for until i can send pics i drew. some are named others not but all there info is set types areas rarity ect.
there all open for altering if need be as well some i did not name yet though. example= skulvix - dark/poison - basic evolves at lv 45 - is 3' 09" tall 60 lbs - they are light gray color there bodys resemble that of a wyvern the shoulders, hips, claws, and head all have thick rigged bone plate armor that emits a thick haze of neon green around them like an aurora.

all my fakemon creations are as detailed as that. as for the legendaries i understand why they are like they are however i want to take a lot of the advantages away to make this game a real challenge for the true fan players who want an age relative game.

now as for the three paths in game related to the teams. the basic path leads you to defeating them and stopping there plans from taking place. team fate if you join will rewind time to the beginning of creation around a sacred temple so they can rewrite history. team destiny wants to fast forward time to a future point where they can take over with world domination in a sense but pokmon would be held as gods.

your gym question is a good one yes there will be an alternate path to each gym that coincides with the tm you received from another gym or an event trigger that lets you pass if you want. some gyms will require an hm to pass to so you have to face the gym with the hm required example = the dragon gym will require waterfall, surf and dive to reach! because it also has a base in the story arch with events tied to it.

how come no one comments on the new poketec device that gives you full pc control!? thats one of my favorite additions i want to add.
AnarchyAngel

Postby VintageBass » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 am

Dead2112man Wrote:Now back to the game Idea at hand. Which because this is still an Idea and no game play is posted, will be moved by are good old "Friend" Zeus Kabob to the discussion section in about a week.

... Or I can do it. <.<

But yeah, until there's actually something visible and is playable, this remains here for the time being.

Dead2112man Wrote:As for legendary's .......... DON"T MESS WITH THEM. They get that title for the reason you can't breed them and that they are difficult to catch. You can't call a Pokemon legendary unless it is a unique pokemon with only one being avalable per play through. The only ones that get to keep that title for multiple catches are the Unkown, which can not be breed either.

All the approved this! While yes there have been multiple legendaries and they can breed, but they got their status for being rarer than the bunch, even being one of a kind, and they are hard to catch. Sure the information varies from the different media, but the games have been rather consistent in terms of their being one legendary per game. Adding multiple and them to breed makes them... less unique. Save for Manaphy, which even then you get a not so good Pokemon in return, just a rather cuter, weaker version of it.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:i am basing this around the game as it plays however i have written in several things from the anime such as jessie and james "who i want as the poison type gym leader" and meowth as a optional team mate later on.

... So why not have the game be set in the anime universe? And now I question what's going to happen to Janine...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:as for rivals let me note this there not standard rivals, its just my way of saying they will be set to always have an edge against you example if you have 4 pkmn at level 25 when you meet them in battle they will have 4 pkmn at level 27-28 so its harder to predict and defeat them. gym leaders are all set the same way so everytime you face off against them there a little harder.

OK, so 12 rivals and you fight them 2 times, gives you 24 battles of... not really all that difficult battling if you know how to easily counter them. Unless each team is going to have the exact Pokemon to counter yours, which seems not much more challenging, but possibly a bit unfair. Then again, how could the player be in a coma for God knows how long and earn 12 rivals in the process?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:now as for the three paths in game related to the teams. the basic path leads you to defeating them and stopping there plans from taking place. team fate if you join will rewind time to the beginning of creation around a sacred temple so they can rewrite history. team destiny wants to fast forward time to a future point where they can take over with world domination in a sense but pokmon would be held as gods.

... So Dialga's getting involved in some point, right? Then again, this sounds a bit like Omnicron's plot with its team trying to use time to their advantage...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:how come no one comments on the new poketec device that gives you full pc control!? thats one of my favorite additions i want to add.

Partly because your sentences are bunched together to make it difficult to look through things, also I don't remember seeing anything like this. Also... how is that even possible?
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby AnarchyAngel » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:18 am

for main games the legendaries are mainly there for the story arch. my main story arch revolves around ancient powers and spells but none of them require pkmn the basic path leads you to preserve power as it is.

as it stands i want to take there status down not there value they will still be rare as hell more then likely in secret areas. mew two i should note would be one of a kind and stay the same however using some anime aspects there are more then one of mew ect... aside from where legendaries are concerned genderless rules would still be applied.

the destiny path leads you to tip the balance of power more to the human side, rewriting time and giving mortals the abilities of pkmn as well
and destiny wants to give more power to pkmn tip the scales in there favor.

so no lol i will not be adding the pkmn after gen-3 that delt with time space and creation. the story will revolve around lost human powers that where forgotten in the pursuit of pkmn.

the story has elements of each game and anime because its a fan project rewrite i am not looking to butcher the series in either form just unite them in a good way.

the pc is an event accessed by opening it in a pkmn center so its not a hard process to make that item mobile. on another site i spoke to a scripter and he mentioned its just writing in an item like the pokedex.

final note i do have a lot of key npc in the game 9 rivals each with 4 battles i checked the story notes. meowth as a team mate maybe a partner trainer through the whole game, and the 16 gym leaders all challengeable again as much as you want post E4. and rounding it all out the elite 4. i also intended to place side quest battles with lots of guest npc's such as an ice master "rukia bleach" a battle with an older prof.oak, prof.gary oak, and a few others.

i should note grass caves water paths ect would not be over stocked with the same pkmn and each area will have different species not waves of one or two pkmn.
AnarchyAngel

Postby VintageBass » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:36 am

AnarchyAngel Wrote:for main games the legendaries are mainly there for the story arch.

Say that to Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver, where even if Gen II introduced the whole box legendary concept, they had nothing to do with the overall story. At all. Heck, Crystal is also the same in that the whole Suicune arc has nothing to do with the overall story in that! It's Gen III that we see the whole legendaries getting involved in the plot and they are usually used based on what the team wants out of them.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:my main story arch revolves around ancient powers and spells but none of them require pkmn the basic path leads you to preserve power as it is.

So FNAF is getting involved in this? O.o Joking aside, from what I understand, even way back in the day humans did use Pokemon in some shape and form, either as weapons or as pets. I'm going to go out and say that without them, what's going to power a lot of these machines to begin with?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:as it stands i want to take there status down not there value they will still be rare as hell more then likely in secret areas. mew two i should note would be one of a kind and stay the same however using some anime aspects there are more then one of mew ect... aside from where legendaries are concerned genderless rules would still be applied.

OK, so Mewtwo is one of a kind and Mew somehow regain its population. So... mind explaining the multiple instances of Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, Ho-oh, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou? Celebi is a little tricky since I could see one in existence (maybe two given its shiny variant), and with how time travel works, there can be multiple versions all over the place. It's basically all just some wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the destiny path leads you to tip the balance of power more to the human side, rewriting time and giving mortals the abilities of pkmn as well
and destiny wants to give more power to pkmn tip the scales in there favor.

... So Destiny (by the way, I'm not a fan of the names for these groups) wants to help give humans powers of Pokemon, while also giving Pokemon the same power?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:so no lol i will not be adding the pkmn after gen-3 that delt with time space and creation.

Well there is Celebi... which, again, falls close to Omnicron and possibly Zeta, but I haven't seen much on Zeta, but I guess they're operating on the same principle of using Celebi's time travel to help them out achieve their goal.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the story will revolve around lost human powers that where forgotten in the pursuit of pkmn.

To be fair, humans can be shown to have, albeit not as strong, abilities much as a Pokemon. We call them Psychics, Black Belts and Fighter Girls. Plus there is that story of an ancient superweapon created to revive a dead Pokemon that acquired a whole lot of Pokemon to power it, which led to not only ending a war, but a lot of dead Pokemon and immorality, along with abandonment despite going through these extreme lengths to revive the one they lost...

Yeah, I'm sure there's bound to be ancient tech that involves Pokemon.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the story has elements of each game and anime because its a fan project rewrite i am not looking to butcher the series in either form just unite them in a good way.

I'm kinda doing the same with my thing, only I have a much more simple, down to earth story that isn't meant to be this grand adventure full of different routes, just a tale of someone wanting to achieve a dream. I also like to throw in other things from other projects, because I enjoy good fanservice that isn't sexy-related (I got other characters for that).

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the pc is an event accessed by opening it in a pkmn center so its not a hard process to make that item mobile.

Now I'm trying to imagine trying to transfer Poke Balls through the device. At least with the PCs, there could be a slot on the dashboard to insert the ball and then let it transfer. Where on a Poketch or Gear is the option for such?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:"rukia bleach"

Rukia Kuchiki, that's her name... also whut?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:final note i do have a lot of key npc in the game 9 rivals each with 4 battles.

Still questioning how one in a coma could achieve so many rivals in the first place. Also wondering about why they're called "rivals..."

AnarchyAngel Wrote:meowth as a team mate maybe a partner trainer through the whole game

Meowth: He is his own Pokemon Trainer!

AnarchyAngel Wrote:and the 16 gym leaders all challengeable again as much as you want post E4.

OK... wait, read that wrong. I thought that was "interchangeable," which that got me wondering just how is that going to work.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:i also intended to place side quest battles with lots of guest npc's such as an ice master ... a battle with an older prof.oak, prof.gary oak, and a few others.

I rather worry about making the game first before worrying about guest trainers, and even then I know when to draw the lines at what fits in with the universe at large, even keeping certain characters from the games in the games, while anime stay in the anime and manga the same thing. If there's a way to translate them between each other, sure, it might work. Just... start from the bottom and then work towards the finer details.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:i should note grass caves water paths ect would not be over stocked with the same pkmn and each area will have different species not waves of one or two pkmn.

So no Horde option? Well that's more of a Gen VI thing anyway, so I'm not sure how you can translate that onto a Gen III engine. Otherwise isn't that how routes usually work, with there being a variety of Pokemon to find, with the later generations introducing new ways to encounter them, either by fishing, headbutting, honey, music, Rock Smash, etc.?
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:57 am

We the three of us are so far the only ones taking interest, heck we might as well write the whole game together .... that's a joke, for I have no experince in game building and like my signiture says, I only test and make suggestion that I think would improve a game. but hey, if you ever want my opinion on some thing for the game's development, PM me. I am willing to try and help you with what I already do.

and also yea, A Portable PC watch even fictionally to transfer and receive Pokeballs, would cover your entire arm and render that arm useless after a few uses do to the amount of weight and radiation the device would have to put off just to transfer a ball let alone receive. I can imagine it like a phone signal, where you would walk into a dead zone during a transfer and loosing that pokemon forever.
Dead2112man

Postby VintageBass » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:We the three of us are so far the only ones taking interest, heck we might as well write the whole game together ....

Well as I mentioned I got my own story to worry about, along with a few others, so me doing any sort of writing on this isn't going to happen.

Dead2112man Wrote:and also yea, A Portable PC watch even fictionally to transfer and receive Pokeballs, would cover your entire arm and render that arm useless after a few uses do to the amount of weight and radiation the device would have to put off just to transfer a ball let alone receive. I can imagine it like a phone signal, where you would walk into a dead zone during a transfer and loosing that pokemon forever.

I'm sure there's like smaller devices, but from the sound of it, it's becoming more like a Pip Boy than a Pokegear.

Plus I just thought that if you have access to the PC wherever you are, wouldn't that make items not all that useful? I mean in battle they can still be useful, but with how the PCs work, all you need to do is put a poisoned Pokemon inside and then take it out since they all get healed up the moment they get into the computer. That's pretty much making this way too easy and also make Pokemon Centers not all that useful as well.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby AnarchyAngel » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 pm

the pc healing factor is a good note and yes i would correct that in the poketec for game play.
try not to forget that i am twisting pkmn games anime some manga together in this with my own concepts and ideas not everything is straight up game.
pokeballs can teleport them selves for the most part on command they do this if your party is full.

let my explain further the legendaries to get you guys less confused this is re imagining a lot of stuff. so with that said gen 1 mew and mewtwo the science labs found another mew fossil it was cloned to again clone mews set free in the wild to rebuild there population. mew two the one team rocket made is still just a miserable single s.o.b

the 3 birds because of there size have a mate they gaurd on there respective nests with an egg that takes years to hatch.so over the years reproduced young very slowly giveing the time this game takes place a higher yet still rare population.

same with gen 2 ho-ho "by the myth story" created the 3 dogs so he can create them each a mate and they can reproduce. lugia had a baby in the anime so it can have young i would just explain it the same way the other birds are big ass eggs take a long ass time to hatch.

celebi is a grass type i think being its power is time warping and several other related it could just plant itself some off spring and they could do the same.

gen 3 groudon kyogre and rayquaza, those i'll admit are tricky and unsolved yet exactly i am working on it lol...
however the others are easy both deoxys and jirachi are space pokemon and not exactly said in any game to not have others of there kind able to come to be with them just that they are one of a kind at that time visiting. so more came to be with them and they breed a little we all do lol

my team names are not just destiny and fate "i apologise about that typo vitagebass" team destiny inc. is a group centered around a massive corporation involved in deals with the dev corp for technologies as well as there own inventions and they work closely to the professors with research.

the fate organisation is more or less crazed peta fema ect ect group that are a bunch of hypocrites with lots of money.

neither one of the teams will need a pokemon to gain the power they seek sense i used a lot from different areas of the pokemon universe i can eaxplain humans losing there power before the pokemon war referenced in gen 1 by lt.surge...

yes hordes are post gen 3 i would like to make a horde area but it may not work on a gen 3 engine as you said.
the headbutt, rock smash, dive, grass, tall grass ect ways to obtain them will still apply however there will not be just zubat by the millions with a low step rate in caves. step rates will be set way higher and several pokemon will be in the area so you may need to spend more time finding any pokemon even a ratatat.

meowth would be a companion not a party pokemon not involved in battle but have info events to give tips to help you out.

rukia is easy she can be an ice master trainer with pkmn like sneasel... and i wrote them in to being just for fun cameos not part of the story on these npc's

you where in a coma from the accident that killed your mom and dad i never said it was from your birth! think about it 1. this pokes at the coma theory for ash 2. he had a childhood before the accident 3. you can meet a rival and never have known them before that (paul from dp) 4. this works with the story of your mom and dad why you get to pick an age and are older. 5. the game does not revolve around 10 year olds much all the rivals are older as is the female partner trainer you have the option to add to your party from destiny fate or the master quest choice later. i did not just throw this together it makes more sense then your giving it.
AnarchyAngel

Postby VintageBass » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:31 pm

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the pc healing factor is a good note and yes i would correct that in the poketec for game play.

... But Poketchs are from Gen IV. Wouldn't it better to go with a Pokegear if we're basing this in the Kanto/Johto regions since they're products of the Silph Co and being a more a property of that particular region...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:try not to forget that i am twisting pkmn games anime some manga together in this with my own concepts and ideas not everything is straight up game.

That's fine and all, but I'm just saying that certain elements won't work between the two, possibly raising some conflicts in ideas...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:pokeballs can teleport them selves for the most part on command they do this if your party is full.

As any regular game. It's just accessing them from the PC and getting it to you out in the field that's the thing, plus wouldn't that also diminished the use of PCs at Centers if you can open them anywhere in the world?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:so with that said gen 1 mew and mewtwo the science labs found another mew fossil it was cloned to again clone mews set free in the wild to rebuild there population.

If I were to study Pokemon like any other animal, I would probably keep a few Mew in a lab and study them, see how well they live in captivity and then set some out into the wild and study them... if you can track them, seeing they can transform into anything.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:mew two the one team rocket made is still just a miserable single s.o.b

Gee, I wonder why...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:same with gen 2 ho-ho "by the myth story" created the 3 dogs so he can create them each a mate and they can reproduce.

Yeah considering the myth about the Beasts, it would make it rather difficult for their being multiple versions if they are just those three, but there are the shiny variants roaming around in the 13th movie, so there are multiple out there.

... Still doesn't explain Ho-oh, though.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:celebi is a grass type i think being its power is time warping and several other related it could just plant itself some off spring and they could do the same.

As I said, Celebi is a weird one due to its time-travel, making it possible that there is actually one (or two because shiny), but multiple versions of said one can exist in different time periods...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:however the others are easy both deoxys and jirachi are space pokemon and not exactly said in any game to not have others of there kind able to come to be with them just that they are one of a kind at that time visiting. so more came to be with them and they breed a little we all do lol

It's kinda why I didn't bring them up since I know there are other Deoxys out there, with Movie 7 being a clear indicator of this. I didn't put too much into Jirachi, but it's possible as well.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:team destiny inc. is a group centered around a massive corporation involved in deals with the dev corp for technologies as well as there own inventions and they work closely to the professors with research.

Is Silph Co. gonna get in on that paycheck?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the fate organisation is more or less crazed peta fema ect ect group that are a bunch of hypocrites with lots of money.

... So Team Plasma, with Team Flare's obsession with money.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:my team names are not just destiny and fate "i apologise about that typo vitagebass"

... So why not go with just Destiny, Inc. and The Fate Organization instead of having "Team" slap in the front? Sounds less awkward that way.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:neither one of the teams will need a pokemon to gain the power they seek sense i used a lot from different areas of the pokemon universe i can eaxplain humans losing there power before the pokemon war referenced in gen 1 by lt.surge...

Yet there are still Psychics and others who have shown they can have the same power as Pokemon. Granted those individuals are rare, but it's not like the practice isn't being lost

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the headbutt, rock smash, dive, grass, tall grass ect ways to obtain them will still apply however there will not be just zubat by the millions with a low step rate in caves. step rates will be set way higher and several pokemon will be in the area so you may need to spend more time finding any pokemon even a ratatat.

So basically improve the encounter odds for all of the other Pokemon in the given area? Sure, that can work.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:rukia is easy she can be an ice master trainer with pkmn like sneasel... and i wrote them in to being just for fun cameos not part of the story on these npc's

... I'm still trying to wrap my mind around including Rukia in this universe, or anyone from Bleach for that matter.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:you where in a coma from the accident that killed your mom and dad i never said it was from your birth!

Did I say anything about birth? I'm pretty sure I didn't... >.>

AnarchyAngel Wrote:think about it 1. this pokes at the coma theory for ash

I don't believe that theory, by the way, even with the reasons that the show gives for keeping Ash 10...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:3. you can meet a rival and never have known them before that (paul from dp)

I'm not going to say much about Paul... And even then, the whole rival angle is mostly based around these characters being your opposites, how they reflect you while you choose a different way of going about things... At least knowing who they are first and then learn what they do should be enough to get them rival material if we aren't going with knowing them beforehand.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:5. the game does not revolve around 10 year olds much all the rivals are older as is the female partner trainer you have the option to add to your party from destiny fate or the master quest choice later. i did not just throw this together it makes more sense then your giving it.

And part of why I'm trying to squeeze as much out of this as possible, because the more we know, the better it helps us out... at least those who are interested in doing this game. And even then, originally the age I recall is 11 in Gen I, with Red being 14 in Gen II, and 16+ in Gen V. The age 10 thing sounds more an anime thing, and even then I don't like that all that much (more out of Ash staying that for so long...)
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby AnarchyAngel » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:50 am

poketec or pokegear are both combined in this so it needs a new name i am not great with that so i called it that its better called something like the P.T.C.D "pokemon, trainers, compact, device" or idk lol sense it has the pokedex, phone, trainer register, pc, and map with other features all in one. basically making it your main menu.

note - the bag will hold a lot less items so the pc will be needed a lot more.

conflicts can be written out of i am very good at fusing stories and ideas this is not the only game i have planned out a whole story for i have 8 just no team to help me make them playable for people!!!! its frustrating lol i have good ideas i just need someone with the skills that i don't have. the story i have sounds confusing but really is well linked and i do not follow all the rules but did write my way into the story.

with the game being set in future post gen 3 that erases later gens by way of a second pokemon war. the first war is given more of a front standing line in the story that lt.surge spoke of in gen 1. its all a fan based story as no real one exists though of course. this is why the gen 4 and up do not exist in this game the world went in to an alternate state so all the events in them have no effect on this story.

gest elements such as rukia will not be part of the story lol there just random side events for fun like the idea i had to put the sunny with the straw hat crew in as a spoof they will not battle you but say lines from the show and take you to an island where you can find mew/mew two living.... example on the ship you can speak to brook and he will if you're over 21 and female ask to see your pantys. under 21 he will sing his song. these are not being added to the pokemon universe there just passing fan cameos... its just making them appear in the game for a laugh and fun.

thats the point of each rival being in the story arch you meet them at one point or another in every story line. then you help them and they later thank you before the first challenge later you get 2 more battles with them before the final stage off in the tournament. they are like the wally rival, rival= a npc that has pokemon set to match your level's. i just say 'rival" to imply they will not be traditional set lv teams they will grow stronger like you with each meeting. its the same kind of setting i want for gym leaders so if you hit any gym it will be a level close to your current party's strongest member. i hate the easy lv set gyms i loved the gen 2 goldenrod gym she was a beast!!! i want that thrill again but with every gym for the true fans.

it was easy to just type team lol. the fate organization is lots of rich people they don't care about money trust fund babies and wealthy socialites. they use their wealth to fund the fate organization to strip trainers of there pokemon and make a world ruled by pokemon instead of humans.

yes i agree the ash coma theory is a long list of b/s badly conceived at best. i poke fun at it with this the coma also just helps explain why you can be any age and all the people are older not a bunch of 10 year old kids while still making you a noob. i am with you on the 10-16 age thing i am 28 i want to make a games where you can be 18-
30 and still start as a beginner yes 18-30 is the limit due to sprites being updated age versions of fr/lg red, r/s/e brendon and a new sprite that has shaggy hair parted to the right over the eye. wears a stylish long coat with boots tight pants and a tight shirt on with as well a full belt of cases pockets ie=the coat acts as a bag lol

the powers are far more advanced than the rare users of powers we have sen in the game and anime i am talking massive darkage power that can alter reality and make someone a god! thus the point of the two groups i should add that by the ending you are made the leader of the joined destiny inc. chairman or fate organizations head commander...

yeah you get the pokemon idea now instead of frustrating annoying infestations of a single pokemon there will be wide spread rare incounters with several in each area. a thought of mine was 10+ in an area with a 1000-2000 step encounter rate.
AnarchyAngel

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:58 am

Starting to make more sense and possible.

I like how this will technically be an alternate time line with the second pokemon war happening

I like you Idea of guest people from other games and/or shows as random side events, just please keep them limited

I like how the bad guys are more of a organization than a team, makes them sound more powerful

No coma's please, I got tired of the coma's/are dead theory after they where tacked on to almost ever video game character and T.V. show character that had something happen to them.

is there a third ending where you take down both organization that is like a super hard mode kind or thing. for will ye both of those endings are not bad in the sense of you rising to the top, but that would also mean that you are a bad guy in the end. So why not have a very difficult good guy path where you take down both organizations

And my last post was mostly a joke except for the part about the "P.T.C.D." as you are going to call it needing to be pretty big for it to work properly. And also the fact that you would need some sort of signal being from radio stations or Satellites to be able to access the main system to get anything. what you are trying to create is basically a laptop (a slim or regular sized one), wrap it around your arm, and there you go, that is you P.T.C.D. with out the ability to receive or send anything. you would need a device big enough to transport most items. Ok, lets say you can can't transport every thing via the device like bikes or escape ropes do to there size. what you most likely would use it for then are Tm's, Hm's, Pokeballs, and Healing items. The external device need to digitize and undigitize those items would have to be a cube with a the inside being at least seven inches in height, width, and depth. That would make the whole cube being at least eight cubed (get it). In comparison to a real life object two Yu-Gi-Oh card tins welded together.
And that is just the size, you also have to think about power the P.T.C.D. would need to work. If you turned it on and off every time you need it for the best power usage it could last maybe three to four hours in real life. That is also if you don't use the digitizer (yes that is what I will call the add on cube) which would need loads of power to use for each usage. If you wish to have a comparision for how much power would be needed for the digitizer to work, the amount of power a Saiyan to go Super Saiyan .... no, bad joke. Ok. The amount of power on coal plant generates in one day would be need. while yes in the pokemon universe you could use an electric type pokemon to charge it for each use. but what would you do if you don't have one on you, how will you generate enough power to use such a device that. I will even go fictional here for how advance the pokemon universe's technology could be, that one device needing to use even more power for to create and receive digitized objects, would drain a Voltorb of all its energy to the point of self-destructing.
Dead2112man

Postby VintageBass » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:43 am

AnarchyAngel Wrote:poketec or pokegear are both combined in this so it needs a new name i am not great with that so i called it that its better called something like the P.T.C.D "pokemon, trainers, compact, device" or idk lol sense it has the pokedex, phone, trainer register, pc, and map with other features all in one. basically making it your main menu.

Yeah, Dead is pretty much on point with this. Even given how our tech is today, all of that just seems like too much given what is currently available in the Pokemon universe. Sure I joke about it being a Pip-Boy, but it sounds more like this thing will be like one of the earlier models of it.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:note - the bag will hold a lot less items so the pc will be needed a lot more.

And possibly remove Pokemon Centers...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:conflicts can be written out of i am very good at fusing stories and ideas

Considering what I have done, really nothing should surprise me giving the pairings that I have done...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the story i have sounds confusing but really is well linked and i do not follow all the rules but did write my way into the story.

So how strong are those chains holding this together, hm?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:with the game being set in future post gen 3 that erases later gens by way of a second pokemon war. the first war is given more of a front standing line in the story that lt.surge spoke of in gen 1. its all a fan based story as no real one exists though of course. this is why the gen 4 and up do not exist in this game the world went in to an alternate state so all the events in them have no effect on this story.

Can I say that even with Gen IV not existing (although this means that wouldn't Gen II not exist since both are taking place at the same time?), that doesn't mean that the Pokemon from those generations and the regions themselves can't exist, along with the lore that was created in those gens. At least that stuff happened before the games and still work for this game. I mean it isn't likely there weren't other wars in the past, way past the one Surge served in...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:gest elements such as rukia will not be part of the story lol there just random side events for fun like the idea i had to put the sunny with the straw hat crew in as a spoof they will not battle you but say lines from the show and take you to an island where you can find mew/mew two living....

My main problem is mostly in trying to figure out what characters would make the most sense showing up in this universe...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:example on the ship you can speak to brook and he will if you're over 21 and female ask to see your pantys. under 21 he will sing his song.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

... Actually, I didn't realize who you were talking about there, all I saw was "panties" and I just went with that... wait, what?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:these are not being added to the pokemon universe there just passing fan cameos... its just making them appear in the game for a laugh and fun.

Sounding way more like a fan-fic, and not in a good way...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:it was easy to just type team lol. the fate organization is lots of rich people they don't care about money trust fund babies and wealthy socialites. they use their wealth to fund the fate organization to strip trainers of there pokemon and make a world ruled by pokemon instead of humans.

... So Team Plasma

AnarchyAngel Wrote:i poke fun at it with this the coma also just helps explain why you can be any age and all the people are older not a bunch of 10 year old kids while still making you a noob.

And yet these kids who have spent their time studying and preparing themselves for the day to become Trainers themselves are going to laugh at a grown adult who's been nearly dead for an uncertain amount of time do poorly. Sure he probably has experience before going into the coma, but that's not going to be good after years out of it, and really... I don't know poking fun at someone who's been in a coma is a good thing.

AnarchyAngel Wrote:i am with you on the 10-16 age thing i am 28 i want to make a games where you can be 18-30 and still start as a beginner

Well it's more of a personal reason against Age 10 itself, I'm fine with Red being 11 along with the rest, especially that they made the heroes of Black and White older to appease everyone who complained about the whole age thing (mmm, Hilda~). Hell, my Trainer in my story is 13, yet she has shown she has the stamina to swim from Cinnabar to Pallet and kick ass without any clothes on her body.

Although we have Preschoolers and those young swimmers like the Tubers who appear much younger...

AnarchyAngel Wrote:brendon and a new sprite that has shaggy hair parted to the right over the eye. wears a stylish long coat with boots tight pants and a tight shirt on with as well a full belt of cases pockets ie=the coat acts as a bag lol

*jots notes down* Although, that does leave me to ask... I guess May's Norman's daughter, right?

AnarchyAngel Wrote:the powers are far more advanced than the rare users of powers we have sen in the game and anime i am talking massive darkage power that can alter reality and make someone a god!

Oh sure, let's mess with all reality by becoming Arecus itself! What could possibly go wrong?!

Dead2112man Wrote:is there a third ending where you take down both organization that is like a super hard mode kind or thing. for will ye both of those endings are not bad in the sense of you rising to the top, but that would also mean that you are a bad guy in the end. So why not have a very difficult good guy path where you take down both organizations

I support this!

... And these are getting long. We might want to tone this down...
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby AnarchyAngel » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:00 am

Dead2112man Wrote:Starting to make more sense and possible.

I like how this will technically be an alternate time line with the second pokemon war happening

I like you Idea of guest people from other games and/or shows as random side events, just please keep them limited

I like how the bad guys are more of a organization than a team, makes them sound more powerful

No coma's please, I got tired of the coma's/are dead theory after they where tacked on to almost ever video game character and T.V. show character that had something happen to them.

is there a third ending where you take down both organization that is like a super hard mode kind or thing. for will ye both of those endings are not bad in the sense of you rising to the top, but that would also mean that you are a bad guy in the end. So why not have a very difficult good guy path where you take down both organizations

And my last post was mostly a joke except for the part about the "P.T.C.D." as you are going to call it needing to be pretty big for it to work properly. And also the fact that you would need some sort of signal being from radio stations or Satellites to be able to access the main system to get anything. what you are trying to create is basically a laptop (a slim or regular sized one), wrap it around your arm, and there you go, that is you P.T.C.D. with out the ability to receive or send anything. you would need a device big enough to transport most items. Ok, lets say you can can't transport every thing via the device like bikes or escape ropes do to there size. what you most likely would use it for then are Tm's, Hm's, Pokeballs, and Healing items. The external device need to digitize and undigitize those items would have to be a cube with a the inside being at least seven inches in height, width, and depth. That would make the whole cube being at least eight cubed (get it). In comparison to a real life object two Yu-Gi-Oh card tins welded together.
And that is just the size, you also have to think about power the P.T.C.D. would need to work. If you turned it on and off every time you need it for the best power usage it could last maybe three to four hours in real life. That is also if you don't use the digitizer (yes that is what I will call the add on cube) which would need loads of power to use for each usage. If you wish to have a comparision for how much power would be needed for the digitizer to work, the amount of power a Saiyan to go Super Saiyan .... no, bad joke. Ok. The amount of power on coal plant generates in one day would be need. while yes in the pokemon universe you could use an electric type pokemon to charge it for each use. but what would you do if you don't have one on you, how will you generate enough power to use such a device that. I will even go fictional here for how advance the pokemon universe's technology could be, that one device needing to use even more power for to create and receive digitized objects, would drain a Voltorb of all its energy to the point of self-destructing.

your underestimating the advancement of tec in this game with 3 major players including the professor's. silph co. dev corp. destiney inc. the game is going to have a bit more of a future feel no flying car shit but slimmer portable ways to use old style tecnologie. think how our game systems and cell devices have changed sense there beginning. just because they start off huge and unmovable does not mean that is the limit to there advancement and capabilities. the pokeball itself takes a creature like snorlax < and turns it into energy or data or shrinks it i don't ever remember a real explanation on this process. anyway the point is it also converts its own size down from a baseball to a golf ball, i am having trouble with this whole issue of a slim wrist device sending and receiving data-tized items the size of a golf ball...

yes there is 3 quest lines the main hero become a master quest where you stop both of the so called bad guys. then the quest lines to join the fate organization or destiny inc. there not really bad guys though there aim is power but the ends and means are not horrid they just have warped views. one wants to free pokemon and bring world peace sorta. the other is out to rewrite history and start over undoing the pokemon wars!

the coma is just a starting point that explains backstory and your age being above 10 it also plays a little in to the events later on about your parents death and you living.

the guest events are limited i only have 3 that seemed to work rukia as an ice trainer exploring a cave she ends up being a psychic trick. seto kaiba as a dragon trainer doing business there with destiny inc i figure he thinks pokemon are a game and bought all his dragons from hunters. the straw hats are just a quick route ride and fun check point type event the. i am not counting pokemon npc and gust spots as they are in old gens and part of the world i am working in.

yeah i started this as a story to explain the first war "fan theory" that bored me so i continued writing and eventually added the second war to progress in to this alternate future.
AnarchyAngel

Next

Return to Discussion