The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/25]

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Always happy to see the discussion taking off, but wanted to drop in with a quick note:

musical74 Wrote:There's two glitches, neither is gamebreaking or anything, but after you get a money and fight once at the Devil's pass *look for new passages*, it will sometimes say *nothing new* twice, sometimes once.

This one is unreported, so I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!
Sierra Lee

Postby kvier » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:48 am

Altina's group magic is really powerful ... but burns through MP fast (as it should). And she has less total MP than Robin. (in fact, I had to use her magic in order to skip (even implicitly) Varia's gang scene, which just rubbed me the wrong way)

Q'um's all-allies buff is also really powerful, but perhaps not so useful on fights that only last a few rounds.

Hilstara's "draw most enemy attacks" ability would be useful if she herself were a bit more hard to damage.
kvier

Postby lostone2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 am

kvier Wrote:Altina's group magic is really powerful ... but burns through MP fast (as it should). And she has less total MP than Robin. (in fact, I had to use her magic in order to skip (even implicitly) Varia's gang scene, which just rubbed me the wrong way)

Q'um's all-allies buff is also really powerful, but perhaps not so useful on fights that only last a few rounds.

Hilstara's "draw most enemy attacks" ability would be useful if she herself were a bit more hard to damage.

Well, you could use Yarra's Sexual Mana to recharge her, so to speak. If you had Yarra equipped with a buttplug she should have enough Lust to make it feasible.

Lastly, I'm using more and more her buffs. Even in shorts fights it makes a difference.

The key to use Hilstara as a tank effectively is to equip her with the Tower Shield, the Heavy Helm. Optionally, you could also giver her a full plate (if you can afford, that is). Otherwise:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

you can get a free one if your behavior ib the battle against the horde is good enough.
lostone2

Postby UnLimiTeD » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:50 pm

I've yet to find Hilstara "not tanky enough". Not enough punch, sure, but sh can buff her hitpoints to high heaven after activating shield wall.
UnLimiTeD

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/22]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 am

Version 0.11.0 is out! For a while people have been requesting that announcements come with a preview of the release instead of being so brief, and this time I've finally gotten that together:
This update of the game is our first visit to Aram. New tiles, new NPCs, etc. Even though this is Megail's route, focusing on economics, there will be a lot of other things to do.
One of these is a bounty hunting sidequest. You'll be seeing more of this in the future, but for now it just plays a minor role and provides some optional content. And finally...
The plot also takes the characters to a place that might be slightly less expected. ^-^

I've posted about this more elsewhere, but in case people have missed it: my day job is ending shortly and I'm going to need to move to a new country, apartment, and job. I don't anticipate substantial delays, but it's definitely going to slow me down a little. Will get back to work on this as soon as I can.
Sierra Lee

Postby Nomad » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Woo update hype!

This preview thing is a great idea, i can't wait for my download to finish.
Day job ending and moving to a new country? Sounds pretty drastic, good luck!

EDIT: Ah wait, only for patrons xD you might want to mention that in the post.
I wish i had enough disposable income to support this.
Nomad

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:40 pm

New version is out publicly! Downloads and a few notes here:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/ ... lease.html

Nomad Wrote:Day job ending and moving to a new country? Sounds pretty drastic, good luck!

Thanks!
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/29]

Postby evildumdum » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Yes! longest week ever. One minor thing. I'm doing the megail route (obviously) but should i still be able to use simon, robin and all the others? also my character sprite is still simon. I'm using the lite download but im not sure wether its just a bug or supposed to happen.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:35 pm

You'll start in the crystal route-choosing area with your entire party. Once you walk to Hilstara's route, you should be restricted to just the characters in that section. If not... man, I have no clue what the problem might be.
Sierra Lee

Postby evildumdum » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:49 pm

No idea if it will help but i got you a couple of screenshots.
tls2.png
tls2.png (324.93 KiB) Viewed 1715 times

tls1.png
tls1.png (169.53 KiB) Viewed 1715 times

evildumdum

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:15 pm

That's not right. D=

This is the first time I've seen this reported. Did you do anything unusual to enter the route or modify the game in any way? If you go back to a previous save, does this happen every time?

EDIT: I know what's wrong - you're using the testing feature I accidentally left in the game. It looks like Aka, inexplicably in the route choosing area - just ignore her and things will be fine.
Sierra Lee

Postby evildumdum » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:32 pm

EDIT*: Just saw your edit, please ignore the dumbass in isle 3 :P

Ive not modded the game in any way. I downloaded the lite version of the game and pasted it over my existing game. This glitch does affect me every time but i've found out the cause.

Okay, so here is a screenshot of my crystal room.
tls3.png
tls3.png (57.32 KiB) Viewed 1709 times

Aka is shown once in her group, and also where your little man used to be. If i go down the hilstartia route it does everything normally, but if i talk to aka it sends me straight to the desert without any explanation. (I thought it was a bit light on plot the first time i played it through.) This is the point you come out immediately after speaking akka no.2

tls4.png
tls4.png (183.37 KiB) Viewed 1709 times

Also while im getting a chance to talk to you personally:

Huge fan, you are basically the only reason i get up off my lazy ass and do any game programming. Playing your stuff makes me want to create something just as good as well.
Gushing fanboy time over XD

evildumdum

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 pm

evildumdum Wrote:EDIT*: Just saw your edit, please ignore the dumbass in isle 3 :P

No problem, sorry I left that debug event in there. >.<

evildumdum Wrote:Also while im getting a chance to talk to you personally:

Huge fan, you are basically the only reason i get up off my lazy ass and do any game programming. Playing your stuff makes me want to create something just as good as well.
Gushing fanboy time over XD

Honored to know I inspire you to create! I'll keep doing my best!
Sierra Lee

Postby yellow_apple » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:22 pm

can I keep my save if I update? I have v 0.5.2 installed.
yellow_apple
Newly Registered

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:36 pm

yellow_apple Wrote:can I keep my save if I update? I have v 0.5.2 installed.

Most of the time, you can keep your save. Unfortunately, with version 0.8.0 I updated a lot of systems behind the scenes, which broke all previous saves. So if you last played version 0.5.2, then I'm afraid your save won't work, sorry. There's new stuff in the older sections, at least.
Sierra Lee

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:44 am

Not gonna lie I love this game to bits and think Noxian Nights could be something special.

But I don't think I'll touch either until they're done.

Anticipation and all that.
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:22 am

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:Not gonna lie I love this game to bits and think Noxian Nights could be something special.

But I don't think I'll touch either until they're done.

Anticipation and all that.

That might work well for Noxian Nights, since we kept the scope reasonable, but with TLS you'll be waiting a while. I'll be announcing whenever I finish a complete chapter, just in case you change your mind.
Sierra Lee

Postby Ayeka » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:33 pm

lostone2 Wrote:
Well, if you pay attention to the start of the chapter 1, you see some random guys talking about the happenings. From that point, I already assumed that there were more players involved, and Riala confirms that in her conversations in Yhilin's palace with Simon (she said that he should avoid their attention...) So it's no surprise to me.

Another hint is the title of Chapter 2: Wanderer. If the things would have followed Doomed King's plan, I don't think that Simon would have to wander so much, don't you agree?

Their attention = succubus king forces

Wanderer is vast title and can be a hint about Simon must go to all kingdoms to forge his deception.

IMFO putting this whole bunch of evildoers only overcomplicated things and is unnesesary. Of course I am only player so lest hope sierra know what he doing and game not end as another unfinished project.
Ayeka

Postby Angeluz99 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:45 am

Incest pleases! father-daughter incest!
Last edited by Angeluz99 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angeluz99
Newly Registered

Postby ericade » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 am

Angeluz99 Wrote:Inect pleases! father-daughter incest!

Made an account to say

1) this game is absolutely incredible, the storyline and writing is FAR beyond expectations and most other content so much I actually came to say that.

2) Spoilers to reply to you...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Riala (I think her name is... the witch who gave the soul shard) already said there was a "risk for corruption" for the daughter maintaining the armor connection should something happen, as a risk she'd be willing to take, and well.... we all know where that will lead :D
quick edit: also the main post does say "pseudo incest" ...and well, she *is* adopted. hehe
ericade
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects