Resident Evil: Progeny (Last Update: 18/5/2013)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Resident Evil: Progeny (Last Update: 18/5/2013)

Postby Z-Fied » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:08 pm

LAST UPDATE: 18th May 2013

VIDEO UPDATES: http://www.livestream.com/zfied/ (Down until further notice)
Blogspot for polls and frequent game updates: http://resigame.blogspot.com/

Title - Resident Evil: Progeny

Plot:

The game is set in 2005, just as TerraSave and the B.S.A.A. are formed. You play as the character Rebecca Chambers. The game starts in a small town of Montbury where Rebecca is on her way to join TerraSave, when zombies attack the small town. You make your way to an abandoned building, and find it is full of Umbrella equipment. The rest of the game revolves around a larger city that is infected by Umbrella with this new strain of virus. It is your job to stop it.

Gameplay:

The gameplay is survival horror based. Now, as you may have guessed, there is a sexual element in the game, but the idea is to avoid getting raped by the various zombies/mutants that will be in the game. I've kept in a lot of Resident Evil's aspects, including Resident Evil Outbreak's "Viral Meter", but I've also added in an RPG element. Added on top of this is a Mass Effect styled Dialogue system, where your character will go on a Virgin/Whore status which will affect certain things such as how much damage you take from grapples, how much damage you deal to zombies, all the way to the ending of the game. (and no multi-colored endings with me!)

Graphics:

The graphics have finally been remade to the new 2.5d style.

THE TEAM (Updated)
Z-Fied - Team Leader, Programmer, Music Composer, Level Designer, Ideas, etc. etc.

Graphics
FAPCOM - GRAPHICS

PLEASE CONTACT IF YOU WANT TO HELP! [/b]

LINKS:

Latest demo of it: https://mega.co.nz/#!MNo1CIJb!Z3leOXX4KoOXVp2-BXqNPCFVkq5Av5AH2gVXCGI4Iu4

OLD 2D VERSION: http://www.mediafire.com/?9nrv9wek66c8ryq

Note: YOU CAN NO LONGER COPY OVER SETTINGS.INI FROM YOUR OLD FOLDER! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO!
EXTRA NOTE: YOU CANNOT COPY OVER THE SAVE FILE.

All files must be kept in their original place for the game to run! You can move the whole folder, but don't move seperate files!

In the demo:

In the latest version, you can only play Campaign. I have removed Mercs until it is fully updated. Sorry guys. There are 6 areas in the update.

The latest update contains the laboratory, which is the animation gallery.

Controls (Default):

Arrow Keys - Movement/Escape Grapple
Z Key - Select/Fire Weapon (When Drawn)/Examine/Open Doors/Pick Up Item/Continue to Game Over screen (when dead)
X Key - Cancel/Draw Weapon/Move Item (in inventory)/Discard Item (when moving it)
C Key - Open/Close Inventory screen/Reload (While Aiming)

Note: The reason why this isn't embedded in the thread is because I didn't make it using Flash. I made it using Game Maker (The same engine used to make NanoCrisis, and I also think Unholy Sanctuary)

Enjoy!
Z-Fied

Update 18th May 2013:

'Sprite not exist' bug fixed
Added merchant screen (with extra money drops)
Added Laboratory (in Extras)
Added extra customisation to Laboratory
Moral bar re-added

Full details of this update and any updates before this are included in the Changelog.txt in the game folder, since this first post was getting quite long.
Last edited by Z-Fied on Sun May 26, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Composer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Singer, Programmer, Gamer, and Zombie Expert!

My Project: Resident Evil: Progeny - Blog

"Our limits are only created by our mind, our dreams, our desires."
Z-Fied

Re: Project - Resident Evil Game

Postby Thaedael » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 am

One of the cool things I get to do as moderator is see things before they are posted during the moderation period. I was intrigued right away and decided to give it a go (and to check it was a safe file before approving the post) and was caught of guard to see a pixel-art styled game.

I see that you just got the bare models in place to test out the animations, and I look forward to seeing the final product. I noticed the dog walk cycle was done in a very specific style, which means this project will have nice quality to it in the end. However one thing I will point out is the silly grin that rebecca has =P.

Upon re-reading your post, I noticed you said that you have no artistic talent. Assuming the dog walking cycle was made from scratch I would disagree, but only you know yourself best =). I don't know what program you are using to make the game, but I am sure people would be more than willing to help you with making flash models if your program so accepts it. Otherwise I would have to ask you to maybe share the character sheet for rebeca.

Edit: Truth be told, just send me the character sheets I am curious to see what they look like, and if you want we can maybe arrange for a talk off forum. I am a huge resident evil fan.
Thaedael

Postby Digfree » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 am

lol sounds VERY cool, but lol I am running a mac, if it is a swf file, could you put it on the forum? lol sorry about that :P

P.S. depending on how good it is, I might help out, once I see it

*edit: Oh... I read the "was not made in flash" part. IDK how you could make it so I can see it hmm.. I only can animate in flash too.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby Axel Delerose » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 am

Coming from a hard-core RE fan this is an interesting project. My only problem being that it's Rebecca Chambers, she may have been an underrated character but she wasn't the combat type in the first place.

Besides, she's a bit of a magnet for pain in the @$$ trouble and sexual doesn't really work well for her character.

*warning, suggestions on the game*

I think a character selection screen should be in order for this game (it will definitely help get word around if some fav female characters are in it) and since I'm on the subject of character selection, how about we go back to a mode like Tofu survivor from RE2 and have Ashley Graham be the main character of this mode?

*end suggestions*

Forgive me, I have had many an idea for a game like that. I just need one question, are you wanting the final product to be in Flash or Game Maker?

Edit: Also Digfree, wtf? do you have a different avatar/sig setup every day?
Axel Delerose

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 am

So the only thing that really bugged me about this is the fact that there is no real way to kill the dog.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Digfree » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 am

Axel Delerose Wrote:]
Edit: Also Digfree, wtf? do you have a different avatar/sig setup every day?

yes, all from the same show, I repeat sometimes, but I sometimes get new ones too
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby Surskit » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Axel Delerose Wrote: My only problem being that it's Rebecca Chambers, she may have been an underrated character but she wasn't the combat type in the first place.

I think that's exactly why she's the best candidate for the game. She's not as voluptuous as Jill, but she's got her charm. Being a klutz is the perfect excuse for a sex game- did you forget when she was cornered by Hunters?
Disclaimer: Should I ever choose to give criticism on anything, give it an hour- I will undoubtedly change the message several times before then.
Surskit

Postby Z-Fied » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Ok, here's some quick responses to all of the above (and I'm suprised that straight away people are interested!):

@Thaedael Thanks for approving the post. Unfortunately, the dog walk animation was not from scratch, although I had to edit out a lot of the original lines, etc. so you can safely say that I have no artistic talent. When I get the priviedge of being able to Message people then I will send you the sprite sheets for it. (How many posts do I need to be able to message?)

@DigFree The link uploaded is an EXE file, there are no viruses, don't worry.

@Axel I decided to use Rebecca as she's the only one that loses her tale in the RE story. I plan on adding some of other characters at some point, and I may create a "Mercenaries" style mini-game which supports character selection, but let's stick with the basics right now! I do also plan to try and keep it in line with the rest of the RE plot. Plus I also agree with Surskit.

I'm currently trying to compose the rest of the music for it, I've done a Save Room theme and a tense bit that should fit in somewhere.

Z-Fied

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm very curious, however, download won't work.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby Thaedael » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Interesting number of posts billiowingbeard (111)

It takes 10 posts to send private messages, but I forget if you can receive them or not. If you can receive them right away I will send you my email for AIM, otherwise I'll just wait until you can private message people.
Thaedael

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Thaedael Wrote:Interesting number of posts billiowingbeard (111)

It takes 10 posts to send private messages, but I forget if you can receive them or not. If you can receive them right away I will send you my email for AIM, otherwise I'll just wait until you can private message people.

I didn't even know there was a restriction on PM until 10 post.
BlueLight

Postby rooiehaan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 pm

i love the game, was a bit sad face that the dog couldn't be killed, and lol'd at the sound.
decent game, i'm intrigued (even though i'm wondering what the relation is between RE and krystal)

also, i'd like to point out (is it too early for this?) that the outfit she's wearing comes back when you jump. well, in mid-air only, but still.
secondly, are all the zombies gonna walk like that? i mean, sure, they're zombies, but the whole arms-forward-march thing is a bit stereotypical, don't you think? maybe its a bit early for that too.

to help out: would you like some ideas for the story? i'm not a good drawer and my animation sucks, but i've got this lovely botomless pit of imagination and i'd love to lend it to ya :3

oh, and before i forget: panty and stocking is definatly too awesome to use it for just one avatar a week :D
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive
rooiehaan

Postby ANooB » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Very nice. I happen to have been craving an RE game in this style. Plz consider tube top Jill, she's hottest in my opinion. If you need some good graphix, u can always rip from an H-Site that makes MUGEN graphix. Use Fight Factory to extract and convert to GIF format. I have some great Tifa Sprites, if you want an example. Anyways, they have a dog character that has a really good fuck stance. I notice u use Game Maker, so if you need any help, i'll try to assist as I'm learning Game maker, too. So far, good job. Can't wait for a final product.

MUGEN Sprites: http://www.betmark.it/Videogames/Mugen/Chars/chars.html
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

is it 111 already?.. that.. seems rather large. Not that I've kept count. I believe I should be able to PM. ..was I meant to PM about the not being able to download? I'm confused.
I have to option to send PMs anyway, as far as I'm aware
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby Z-Fied » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

In reponse to your questions...

@rooiehaan
This is the Creative Corner, I didn't think it had to be about Krystal/LoK. Corta's "Splatformer" isn't exactly LoK related, neither is that "Rush" game. Besides, there's not many other places to post up EXE games.

1) There's going to be a crouching and firing while crouching, so you can kill that pesky dog! Although you can just jump over it with good timing.
2) Yes, it is a bit too early, it's actually a problem that's been p***ing me off for quite a while now, ever since I added in the new jumping code (to make it so you can't change direction during the jump, until you being to fall). Something I'm still working on now.
3) Yeah I know, I'm planning to add in other zombie movements, different zombie looks, etc. graphics comes after playability though in my world (which is quite obvious seeing as I can't draw)

@ANoob
Good to hear there's a section of the community that wants this kind of game. As I've put up in the update, there's a Mercenaries Mode, and one version of Jill is going to be in there. I might cast a vote though to decide which version of Jill people want. Gotta give in to the majority. My personal favourite is the Tube Top myself, but I'm not going to let that affect my decision.
About the Sprite website, I'll have to check it out, but I wanted it to be all original content.
Oh and Game Maker's quite easy once you get used to it, been using it for some number of years now, although this is only the 2nd side-scroller attempt I've done, I mostly made Top-down shooters, since the graphic requirements aren't as heavy on those.

Enjoy the update!
Z-Fied

Z-Fied

Postby Thaedael » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 am

Renara Wrote:Done. I actually needed to move the Creative Corner out of the LoK category anyway since it isn't strictly LoK related, so there we go![...]

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1270&p=26637#p26637

So far the game is looking good. I want to help a little in the graphics department but my schedule is really out of whack the past few days so I might not be able to do much other than provide a few base sprites for him to work with. Otherwise if all works out I wouldn't mind doing all the graphics so long as he continues to do basic ones like he does now so that if I can't pull through he has his own set that are consistent etc (also gives me an idea of how he wants things to be animated.) Working on an idle sprite for Mrs. Chambers as we speak, though I been busy today so it wont be done for a while I don't think.
Thaedael

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:26 am

can someone post the game here i dont like downloading things
Anonymous

Postby wizard » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:45 am

Ok, so oblivious guy question time. How do I interact with the GUI? I've got New Game, Load Game, etc but the enter key, left click, right arrow, left arrow, and spacebar don't do anything. Basically I can't get in the game.
Krystal, Samus, Peach, whoever; just rape a bitch.
wizard

Postby BlueLight » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:58 am

paint-the-seconds Wrote:can someone post the game here i dont like downloading things

As stated it's not made in flash. the download is virus free. I have kaspersky and i didn't pick up any viruses and a mod also scanned it before giving it the thread a pass.
BlueLight

Postby ANooB » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 am

wizard Wrote:Ok, so oblivious guy question time. How do I interact with the GUI? I've got New Game, Load Game, etc but the enter key, left click, right arrow, left arrow, and spacebar don't do anything. Basically I can't get in the game.

Press, "A."

Oops, i mean, "Z
Last edited by ANooB on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects