Discipline of Revenge (Finished)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Discipline of Revenge (Finished)

Postby shin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Hello everyone here is the next update to Discipline of Revenge. 11/20/2011

Change Log
-Added music to the game
-Deleted the church and replaced it with a market
-Extended the game with 7 more maps
-Added more dialog to NPCs and to the boss

Sorry no new H-scenes as of yet, but with a new larger town comes even more h-scenes.

I would appreciate any feed back both positive and critical.

An early Christmas present to you all the next update of Discipline of Revenge 12/24/2011

Change Log
-1 New city
-6 New h-scenes (2 in the old town, 4 in the new)
-Expanded 1 h-scenes
-2 New bosses

I would first like to welcome ChimeiKitune to the team as the new head writer. I look forward
to working with him some more in the future.

Right now I would like to advertise for an artist for designing and making art. If interested
then send me and email to [email protected]

I am aware there are a couple of glitches, but am not sure that I have found them all, if
you find any feel free to post them.

Update (12/26/)

-Fixed the glitch and will allow you to finish the King's mission, fyi he wont dissapear after you finish it.
-Fixed the text for the catgirl scene

Update (2/3/2012)
-Fixed most glitches
-Expanded some h-scenes
-Expanded story line

Update (2/21/2012)
-Extended story line
-Added 11 different maps
-Added 1 h-scene

Hello everyone thanks again for playing this game.
I am going to say that my writer has left this project
so I will need a new writer. If interested email a piece
of work to:
[email protected]

I also am asking for an artist to help out with in game. I
could use a lot of help in the art aspect. Email me some
work at the same place as above.

For some help I would appreciate people posting the class they think they would like the most.
I would make a poll, but the only way to make one, that I know of, is to make a new thread.
The classes are:
Pirate
Assassin
Dark Knight
Thief
Cleric

Update (2/27/2012)
Fixed the glitches that were pointed out by yillsemkcuf

Update (3/28/2012)
You can talk to the old man and finally learn the story line
Updated some of the h-scenes
-Queen
=Girl at the festival
I would also like to welcome axmanjack as my new writer he is very talented and I look forward to working with him.

For the next update I plan to make it an artistic update. I'm going to begin to make some art for the game, using the
same program as Elysium and Despair Labyrinth. Also axmanjack is going to help out and make some more h-scenes,
including some scenes when you lose a battle. Finally I think I'm going to start to turn to KITAmaru's way of losing, you
lose, get raped, and then come back with 1 HP. I hope everyone enjoys the new update and if anyone has any reservations
about my future ideas please feel free and say so. Also the story is a little cliche, but I promise to make it good.
Thanks again to everyone who is enjoying the game.

Update (6/20/2012)
Hey everyone I guess that it's been a while. Here's the next update, I know that it might not be all that large, but it's the
mark of me getting back on track for the game. I guess that I might of lied on the previous update, partly because I found
out that I am absolutely terrible at the Three-D Custom Girl program soooooo yeah. Here's the update, expect more soon
and enjoy.

-Changed the skulls into slimes. (Makes a scene easier)
-Added a new character and a new area.
-A new town will be coming in the next update.
-Two boss fights so good luck.

Finally I would appreciate it if a couple of people post their level of Rowan, so I can have a sort of reference to make
enemies more balanced to the characters. Finally it would also be helpful if I could know your playtime as well, more
reference for me.

Fix (6/23/2012)

I know that it's a bit later then some people may have expected, but here's the fix for the previous update.
I also added a few new things so here they are.

-Flushed the town out a bit more.
-Added another easter egg type area.

Update (7/31/2012)

-Finished the town (Sorry not the brothel sue me)
-Finished the forest and a dungeon.
-Have added 2 1/2 ish bosses

This update is just some mapping and adding some story plot. I'll throw is some written work once I have it.
Also I kind have to apologize since I was planning to update the game around a week and a half ago, but kinda
ran off to Mexico with out finishing. So here's the update everyone.

Update (10/30/2012)

-Two new towns
-4 Bosses
-3 new H-scenes (need writer)

Thanks for everyone's support. I'm back from my hiatus and I hope that everyone will enjoy this next update.
I plan to work for a while, and I'm hoping, and believe, that I should be able to finish the game by then end
of the year. Next I do have an idea in the works for a next project, I am hoping that I will be able to get an
artist for the next project, since it's going to be a ..........wait for it............visual novel. Finally I hope I
can get a a writer just for a couple more scenes. If anyone wants of those two jobs send me an email at
[email protected]

Update (1/10/2013)

Happy New Year everyone. Here's the new update on the game, this should be the 3rd to last update, if all goes
to plan.........Yeah. Also sorry for the time that this took. The next update might be quick and will get you to
the final boss....still looking for writers, and without an artist I just might make my next game in VX Ace.
Umm there really is not much more to say so peace out all. I'll throw out that the last update will be the
after the final boss boss. You know that every RPG has to have one of those..........Yeah not much more
to say ummm peace out and have fun.

-New stuff
-A couple of scenes
-A couple of bosses

Update (1/12/2013)

-Fixed the mansion glitch, so you can get through.

Update (2/25/2013)

-Finished the game!!!!
-Added a bunch of stuff.
-Added some, after the final boss stuff.

Later all and have fun. When you do find the "after the final boss stuff."
Please don't post much about it. Just be vague, and tell me if it's
interesting or not. Peace all and once again have fun.
-Shin

Update (2/26/2013)

-Fixed port glitch.

Update (3/10/2013)

-You should be able to get to the end now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxa7r9kfdsuqh3a
Last edited by shin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Check out my project Discipline of Revenge http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
shin

Re: Discipline of Revenge V.01 (RPGVX)

Postby Zodiark69 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:30 am

Well, I just checked it out, and it's not all that bad, considering you only have a week into it. I think it's done quite well so far, and I'll interested in seeing what exactly you can and will do with this project of yours. I'll be awaiting further updates to this.
Zodiark69

Postby shin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

The next couple of updates are just going to focus around map expansion and then ascetics of the game. A lot is going to be sound and dialog based.
Check out my project Discipline of Revenge http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789

shin

Postby mando » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Nice, a good start. At this point I've only found a few glitches. The battle with Mustakrakish leads no where and Mira remains, plus if you return to that map it runs again. My guess is you used "erase event" which makes it so that the event is erased for the time being, but if leave and return to the map then it is there again, particularly useful for respawning enemies. Also I only found 4 scenes, maybe I just missed the fifth.

Looking forward to more of this.
mando

Postby shin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 am

I assume the four you found are the hidden ones, the one you missed: here's a hint. Where would you go to typically hook up with someone.
Also the boss fight is the end of this version so be prepared for more..... eventually

shin

Postby Raio10 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 am

i didn't find the scenes can you tell me where they are?
Raio10

Postby shin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 am

They are not scenes as of yet the're just pics that will evolve into scenes. I posted a hint above for one of them, the rest require a little direction following have you tried the shack in the graveyard?

shin

Postby shin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:13 am

Also mando I apologize there are only 4 pics I miscounted.

shin

Postby shin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Hello everyone Happy Thanksgiving to you all and I will be working hard throughout the weekend.
The next update will be fixing the first part and adding music and other things like that.

shin

Re: Discipline of Revenge V.02

Postby shin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:48 am

New version is now up.

shin

Postby BlueLight » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:20 pm

get rid of mega upload please

Your file isn't big enough to be worthy of downloading from there. I personally don't want to take a hit on how much i can download because you wanted to upload a small file.

Now i'm not a complete ass. I will tell you a solution.
I would use MediaFire. From what i can tell they don't have a limit on how much users can download and the fact that people are rarely uploading files that are split means your less likely to have people who rather download other file than yours because of website restrictions.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby shin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Taking Bluelights suggestion I changed the download link I had forgotten about the Megaupload download limit

shin

Postby BlueLight » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Thank you. Sorry being harsh but some times i don't know how to get my point across with out it. Doesn't make it right though!
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby shin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Nahh its fine I had forgotten about the DL limit

shin

Postby iamnuff » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Discipline of Revenge?

you cant just grab two words that sound appropriate and stick them together to make a title. it has to actually make sense.

Discipline of Revenge does not make sense. unless the character is NAMED revenge. then just ignore me.
iamnuff

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:49 pm

It can make sense, but I don't know if the sense it makes is what the author intends.

One can subject oneself to the discipline of study - meaning one does what is necessary in order to study, and one studies, whether one wants to at a given time or not. Just so, I suppose, one could subject oneself to the discipline of revenge - meaning one does what is necessary to take revenge, and one takes revenge, whether one wants to at a given time or not.

'Twould be a strange discipline, though.
Lucky777

Postby shin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:50 pm

The title is still up in the air I am kinda using a friends suggestion. I was going to use the idea but if anyone has a better suggestion and thinks that the title is a little weird for the game then let me know. Thank you for the comments Iamnuff and Lucky777 I guess I will come up with a better title for the game. Also if anyone seems to find some sudden difficulty gap between enemies or some other difficulties like that then let me know.

shin

Postby DragonRB » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 am

You're probably going to want to find someone to help you proofread your dialog. For example, sacrifice is spelled wrong multiple times, and there were a number of grammatical errors that made some of it a bit difficult to read in places. Other than that, it's a good start. Keep up the good work! It's pretty cool to see this crop of English RPGMaker games popping up. ^_^
DragonRB

Postby shin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the grammatical errors. I will go back over all my text and do some basic proof reading before the next version is up.

shin

Postby DragonRB » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:45 am

No problem. If you want an extra pair of eyes, drop me a line. I'd be happy to help out.
DragonRB

Next

Return to Creative Corner