Shield High [Fresh Start]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Shield High [Fresh Start]

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 pm

After a year of absence I have returned to developing Shield High once more, in a new, better client which is...largely functional at the time of posting this. And so I'm updating this post and throwing out the previous update to give a quick announcement of this return. Seeing as a year of absence is a long time, I've held off on making any posts announcing my return until now, when I have released 0.682, the third on-time update for a month in a row. At present it's rather content light, as most updates go into programming in a new framework for a plotline or two, and then filling in just one of the intended many uses for said plotline, so that in later updates I can simply spend the full month writing, and trust my old code will handle the new plot. However, the old description still holds, and I intend to recreate is relatively faithfully, with the only major changes being in the scope of freedom, seeing as making my own engine does tend to lend itself to higher freedom than RAGS.

As a final note on this update, I have opened up a Patreon for the project, which gets updates every month on the 21st, public updates come out a week or two later, subject entirely to my whim, and if there's something worth tying into the announcement of the release.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hey everyone.

I've been working on a little project, Shield High for a while now, and finally decided it was time to actually let more people know it exists. A fan of mine pointed this site out to me, so here I am spreading the word. My apologies if I've come to the wrong place.

Anyway, Shield High is a text-based ero-game focusing on a girls school with an organised system of public rape and sexual slavery, essentially. It's not as crazy as it sounds. Right now it's still in development, I just released 0.44 today. The game generally revolves around fighting with other girls to try and not be enslaved or raped. Winning gets you slaves and delicious alpha lesbian rape, losing gets you enslaved and delicious submissive lesbian rape. It's very story-driven, and most actions have consequences in the plot, with very few actual game overs.

Game can be found on my blog here: http://puddinggames.blogspot.com.au/

All updates will be posted there, but I'll be sure to make a post here from time to time to remind people when it's updated, as well as to answer all the questions that crop up. I hope you all enjoy it.

Pudding Earl
Last edited by Pudding Earl on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pudding Earl

Re: Shield High [RAGS game]

Postby Six » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 am

Sounds interesting though my computer refuse to run rags for some reason.
Both the player and designer just instantly crash when I try to run them, admin mode install and run and all that but just refuse to work. :roll:
Six

Postby balkj06 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 am

How do you open .rag files?
Epic Cross!

http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2489&view=viewpoll

A Place where One Piece, The Matrix, Naruto, Harry Potter, To-love-Ru, Assassin Creed and Digimon and much more cross together, In one game
balkj06

Postby Darthan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 am

balkj06 Wrote:How do you open .rag files?

You need the RAGS player and designer which can be found here.
Darthan

Postby that man » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm

This does sound really odd, but it also sounds like something that would happen. Hope to see more.
that man

Postby MerDeLumiere » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Any Possibility of a second Angel romance/opportunity? Correct me, but that's a steep price. I like Angel, buuuut...

Also, I'm playing .44 and I'm not getting Kaylee's romance even if I don't take anyone else's... Are you allowed only one gf? Game about building/joining harem. Monogamy only! Snrkt
MerDeLumiere

Postby Shaolinraiden » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 am

Wow Earl, Good job!
I look forward to the future updates!
Shaolinraiden

Postby Pudding Earl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:36 am

Oh shit, Angel romance. I completely forgot I had to do that. I'll get on it in the next week or two. I'll go over the Kaylee romance and see if there's anything wrong with it, I haven't had the chance to personally test it.

And it's more or less monogamous, the Jillian/Angel three-way romance is possible, but honestly, I like monogamy. The whole point is it's meant to be at least vaguely romantic. Since, y'know, you build harems in your spare time.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, glad everyone seems to be enjoying it.
Pudding Earl

Postby MerDeLumiere » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Pudding Earl Wrote:Oh shit, Angel romance. I completely forgot I had to do that. I'll get on it in the next week or two. I'll go over the Kaylee romance and see if there's anything wrong with it, I haven't had the chance to personally test it.

And it's more or less monogamous, the Jillian/Angel three-way romance is possible, but honestly, I like monogamy. The whole point is it's meant to be at least vaguely romantic. Since, y'know, you build harems in your spare time.

Is that confirmation of a second chance at angel? Hmm. Don't know how to get Jillian, she romance-able in game yet?

Being polyamorous I'm not sure how non-monogamy is unromantic but whatever. You'd need to draw the line somewhere, wouldn't you? Let's say you can form an OT3 (One True 3some), right? You and any combo of two others. That's a whole bunch of variations. Get's worse if you allow everyone to be romanced at once, am I right? Could be done, bit much.
MerDeLumiere

Postby Zagoon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 pm

The game sounds very interesting and fun. I just tried to play the game and it looks quite solid I just ask one thing and that is to add a map because it is very easy to get lost and not know where to go.
Zagoon
Newly Registered

Postby Pudding Earl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 am

MerDeLumiere Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:Oh shit, Angel romance. I completely forgot I had to do that. I'll get on it in the next week or two. I'll go over the Kaylee romance and see if there's anything wrong with it, I haven't had the chance to personally test it.

Is that confirmation of a second chance at angel? Hmm. Don't know how to get Jillian, she romance-able in game yet?

Being polyamorous I'm not sure how non-monogamy is unromantic but whatever. You'd need to draw the line somewhere, wouldn't you? Let's say you can form an OT3 (One True 3some), right? You and any combo of two others. That's a whole bunch of variations. Get's worse if you allow everyone to be romanced at once, am I right? Could be done, bit much.

Absolutely, most romances are intended to last the entire game, I just forget to update them regularly enough. As for Jillian her romance starts when Melanie refuses protection or refuses to submit, but doesn't challenge you to a fight. Jillian makes an off-hand remark, and then next week asks you about a date. If you asked for Angel's help and started dating her then you have to go see Angel about it, if you do, BOOM 3-way romance. However, most romances won't be 3-way compatible simply because just between Angel and Jillian I have to write three seperate romance plots, and then with two girls to factor in there's usually choices that have to be made, and so on, and the writing just explodes outwards. If every girl had cross-over plots then it would be an utter clusterfuck, and honestly, I've got enough un-written but planned content as it is. Adding on a whole bunch of 3-way romances would be hell.

Zagoon Wrote:The game sounds very interesting and fun. I just tried to play the game and it looks quite solid I just ask one thing and that is to add a map because it is very easy to get lost and not know where to go.

Yeah, I've thought about it, discussed it with fans. One guy said he was going to whip something up for me. But then he didn't. I'll give that another look sometime soon. Thanks reminding me about that idea.
Pudding Earl

Postby MerDeLumiere » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:25 am

Pudding Earl Wrote:As for Jillian her romance starts when Melanie refuses protection or refuses to submit, but doesn't challenge you to a fight. Jillian makes an off-hand remark, and then next week asks you about a date. If you asked for Angel's help and started dating her then you have to go see Angel about it, if you do, BOOM 3-way romance.

Ah! 'I'd like to lay claim to Melanie.' 'By the looks of things, that's not the only thing you'd like to lay.' or something like that right?

Pudding Earl Wrote:However, most romances won't be 3-way compatible simply because just between Angel and Jillian I have to write three seperate romance plots, and then with two girls to factor in there's usually choices that have to be made, and so on, and the writing just explodes outwards. If every girl had cross-over plots then it would be an utter clusterfuck, and honestly, I've got enough un-written but planned content as it is. Adding on a whole bunch of 3-way romances would be hell.

Understandable. A shame though, I'd like to get Jessica/Angel/Melanie. It's interesting. Angel, who is among the strongest girls, and who seems more like a Domme, is a sub. Jess is a rising star in the 'enslaving scene'. Melanie, meanwhile, is literally the weakest girl in school. Melanie gets to be in charge. I am heartily amused by this contradiction.
MerDeLumiere

Postby Pudding Earl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:05 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:As for Jillian her romance starts when Melanie refuses protection or refuses to submit, but doesn't challenge you to a fight. Jillian makes an off-hand remark, and then next week asks you about a date. If you asked for Angel's help and started dating her then you have to go see Angel about it, if you do, BOOM 3-way romance.

Ah! 'I'd like to lay claim to Melanie.' 'By the looks of things, that's not the only thing you'd like to lay.' or something like that right?

That's the one, hope you like it. That romance line has gotten the most love so far. Probably will be considered the canon romance.

MerDeLumiere Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:However, most romances won't be 3-way compatible simply because just between Angel and Jillian I have to write three seperate romance plots, and then with two girls to factor in there's usually choices that have to be made, and so on, and the writing just explodes outwards. If every girl had cross-over plots then it would be an utter clusterfuck, and honestly, I've got enough un-written but planned content as it is. Adding on a whole bunch of 3-way romances would be hell.

Understandable. A shame though, I'd like to get Jessica/Angel/Melanie. It's interesting. Angel, who is among the strongest girls, and who seems more like a Domme, is a sub. Jess is a rising star in the 'enslaving scene'. Melanie, meanwhile, is literally the weakest girl in school. Melanie gets to be in charge. I am heartily amused by this contradiction.

That would be quite amazing. Y'know, I have a donation-requests scheme set up *cough* totallynottryingtogetmoneyoffpeople *cough*
Pudding Earl

Postby fulgartech » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 am

Here is a quick and dirty map of the game as I've seen it so far. I can't remember who's house the pajama party is at but I think it was Suzie. Its pretty ugly but functional. Also I haven't bothered putting who is where as that can change as the game progresses.

This is my first time attaching anything on this board so lets see how it goes.

Fulgartech
Attachments
Shield high map.jpg
Shield High 0.44 map
fulgartech

Postby fulgartech » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Well that highly bugged map is what happens when I do something at 2 in the morning. Here is a corrected version. It may still have problems but it should be much better.

Fulgartech
Attachments
Shield high map.jpg
fulgartech

Postby Orsinox » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Is the RAGS system available for Mac?
Orsinox
Newly Registered

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am

fulgartech Wrote:Well that highly bugged map is what happens when I do something at 2 in the morning. Here is a corrected version. It may still have problems but it should be much better.

Fulgartech

Well that is just down right amazing. Would you be opposed to me using this in-game, with credit given of course?

Orsinox Wrote:Is the RAGS system available for Mac?

I'm not sure. I don't think it is unfortunately. Though without a Mac, or any Mac-know-how I might be completely wrong. If I am I'm sure someone will correct me on this.
Pudding Earl

Postby MerDeLumiere » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Pudding Earl Wrote:
fulgartech Wrote:Well that highly bugged map is what happens when I do something at 2 in the morning. Here is a corrected version. It may still have problems but it should be much better.

Fulgartech

Well that is just down right amazing. Would you be opposed to me using this in-game, with credit given of course?

Orsinox Wrote:Is the RAGS system available for Mac?

I'm not sure. I don't think it is unfortunately. Though without a Mac, or any Mac-know-how I might be completely wrong. If I am I'm sure someone will correct me on this.

Doesn't work on mac... I think you can use a windows emulator, though I don't know much about that sort of thing. Google is God, so I'd try seeing what comes up. 'Windows emulator' or 'How do I use RAGS on a mac' would be a good start.
MerDeLumiere

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I think you're referring to Wine, the GNU Windows platform for alternative OSes. As far as I've experienced, it takes a lot of work to make installs work with Wine.
Zeus Kabob

Postby lok987 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:29 pm

That's some pretty amazing stuff, Pudding Earl!

I've played another RAGS game some months ago, which was about a guy being turned into a girl. It was also nicely done. Overall, I like your setting / theme better, though. Fighting, dominating and submitting girls is damn sexy!

Generally, I must say, that I learned to love text based sex games over the course of the last months. They are simple, but effective and you don't need to worry about graphics, animation and sounds at all. Instead you can concentrate on the action (writing) and the logic behind the game. :-)

You seem to be interested in integrating a map into the game. I encourage you to do that, if it's by any means possible. Navigation tends to become kind of tedious in text games. Especially, if you have a ton of locations and branches. An extremely cool feature would be to have some sort of fast traveling system, where you have a map like fulgartech's and are just able to click on the location you want to go, instead of having to click through 5 other locations first. But, I guess, that's not possible with RAGS.

Are you actually planning on adding more Open World elements? For example, right now, you're pretty much forced to go through certain steps / story to be able to fight. I'd like to be able to simply challange others during the game. Just walk up to a character and give the option to fight her, without having to follow a certain path. Fighting and winning against "random" girls could earn you cash / reputation to buy the naughty stuff at the gym and fight previously unavailable (stronger) opponents. Generally, I'd love to have more freedom and interaction / choice away from the main story line (TES, Fallout etc.).

While it's not necessary per se, it might be a good idea to add some more submissive choices while fighting. To loose now, you have to (grapple / struggle / flail / spank / tickle) all the time until the enemy somehow manages to overwpower you.

The last thing I wanted to note, is the "attending class" action. Having to go through three different rooms to end a day can become a little tedious after a while. Especially, if you have to wait a couple of days for the story / fights to progress. A simple "Attend class" button, which can be pressed everywhere and only needs to be activated once a day, might help here.

Keep it up, Pudding Earl!
lok987

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects