Shield High [Fresh Start]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Shield High [No longer a RAGS game]

Postby fulgartech » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:09 am

No problem,

All I had to do was go to add/remove on my control panel and uninstall it from there. Shield High showed as a program that I could uninstall.

Once I uninstalled it the new installer went right through and worked perfect.

I hope this helps.

-Fulgartech
fulgartech

Postby 4access69 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:46 am

Nice to see you got rid of RAGS, now maybe you can make some progress with your game.

Steve seems to have disappeared along with RAGS updates and bugfixes. He doesn't really show any commitment to his customers. To think I actually paid for a license... ah nevermind, fool me once...
4access69

Postby Pudding Earl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:01 am

Just a heads up for everyone that I'm still alive and have resumed work on Shield High. A tiny, pathetic, probably not worth your time, release has been made, and I'll be trying to get back to a weekly release. Just a heads up for everyone.
Pudding Earl

Postby NeerHeer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:44 am

OH BOY
Does bunny need to slap a bitch?!

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby Pudding Earl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 pm

0.611 released, it's got a little content, a little bug fixing, a little refining. Lots of little nice stuff basically.
Pudding Earl

Postby fulgartech » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:03 am

Great to see your update!

I was going to post that is was there but you beat me to it.

bugs I've encountered with the new one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

After registering, going to the gym to train, winning the training, going to 2nd class, Challenging, watching the fight, going to 3rd class, going home, I hit the continue button and the screen briefly flashes to the school but then returns me to the previous screen. This repeats each time I click it.

On my PC the text block blocks some of the stats (submission specifically).

After winning the training the text kind of overlayed with previous results.

Good news is that the screen size (while not adjustable) fit on my screen this time. And the word wrap looked to work pretty well. I seemed to have much better hit detection on the boxes when I clicked them this time too. No more looking for just the right spot to push to make the button work. Plus I really like being able to see the actions the opponent takes and the rolls. It give me a better indication on what tactics work better when (or at least makes me think I do).

There isn't anything wrong with being slack and taking a break from a game - especially when real life makes things get interesting. But I'm glad to see more updates!

-Fulgartech
fulgartech

Postby Pudding Earl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:16 am

fulgartech Wrote:Great to see your update!

I was going to post that is was there but you beat me to it.

bugs I've encountered with the new one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

After registering, going to the gym to train, winning the training, going to 2nd class, Challenging, watching the fight, going to 3rd class, going home, I hit the continue button and the screen briefly flashes to the school but then returns me to the previous screen. This repeats each time I click it.

On my PC the text block blocks some of the stats (submission specifically).

After winning the training the text kind of overlayed with previous results.

Good news is that the screen size (while not adjustable) fit on my screen this time. And the word wrap looked to work pretty well. I seemed to have much better hit detection on the boxes when I clicked them this time too. No more looking for just the right spot to push to make the button work. Plus I really like being able to see the actions the opponent takes and the rolls. It give me a better indication on what tactics work better when (or at least makes me think I do).

There isn't anything wrong with being slack and taking a break from a game - especially when real life makes things get interesting. But I'm glad to see more updates!

-Fulgartech

Really? You can't adjust the screen size? Is the options menu not appearing or something?

I've heard about this bug, since I test most things on a higher resolution I haven't had it, but I'll try and work it out tonight and fix it up for next week.
Pudding Earl

Postby fulgartech » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:21 am

I checked it again today and the options menu was there. Maybe I just missed it yesterday.

Adjusting the resolution did change where the text box interfered with the status labels during battle. At the correct resolution they probably wouldn't interfere at all.

I did get some double hits during clicks today. I would hit High Grapple or the like and it would go to the next list of options and click the same button again (Kiss or whatever it may be). It wasn't every time I clicked though.

I am liking the more interactive and varied battles, and especially the art addition. Once you get the story back in place I think this game will really start rocking.

-Fulgartech
fulgartech

Postby Pudding Earl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:09 pm

I found the glitch and it's all fixed, won't have any issues in the next update.

As for the double clicks, that's just an issue with how click detection works, if you hold your mouse down and move it you'll register a second click. I might look into a fix for that later. Not sure.

The battles are no where near as deep as I'd like right now, I'm planning to include level progression etc, so you can specialize into certain aspects of combat, as well as combos and such in the combat.
Pudding Earl

Postby 4access69 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 am

When you play in 1920x1080 images of girls are awfully stretched -- you need to scale them so that proportions don't change.
4access69

Postby pyro32 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Sorry, it's been a while since I was here. Anyways, I've been trying to install with the installer but it won't open the program. I'm on Windows 8, is there a launch program I need? I'm glad to see this is still being worked on ;)
pyro32

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:34 pm

pyro32 Wrote:Sorry, it's been a while since I was here. Anyways, I've been trying to install with the installer but it won't open the program. I'm on Windows 8, is there a launch program I need? I'm glad to see this is still being worked on ;)

If you're using the .application, or whatever it is, don't. Just run the .exe and it should run fine without. I'll probably avoid including the .application in the future since it appears to be unnecessary.
Pudding Earl

Postby pyro32 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Thank Pudding Earl I was running the application, just uninstalled and tried it without but it still refuses to open
pyro32

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 pm

pyro32 Wrote:Thank Pudding Earl I was running the application, just uninstalled and tried it without but it still refuses to open

Next question, do you have the XNA Framework installed? If not that'd be the issue. Beyond that my ability to support Windows 8 is a bit iffy, since I don't have any way to test it myself.
Pudding Earl

Postby pyro32 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:06 pm

thanks alot that worked :) sorry didn't have that one
pyro32

Postby Alaena » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I agree with what some other people are saying, there should just be overall more "side" content, if that's what you want to call it. More scenes and interactions, less linear, would be cool. Just a humble suggestion :)
Alaena

Postby Pudding Earl » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Alaena Wrote:I agree with what some other people are saying, there should just be overall more "side" content, if that's what you want to call it. More scenes and interactions, less linear, would be cool. Just a humble suggestion :)

Thanks for the feedback but right now the primary focus is going to be on getting the core storyline back up to where it was, and then completed. I was really close to getting that finished before and I'd like to see it through. Once that's done all the side content will come out. With all the recent set backs, I'd like to be able to say that Shield High is finished, so if I something happens before I've finished the side content I'm not really leaving anyone with a big cliff hanger.
Pudding Earl

Postby that man » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:54 am

..er, are things okay on your end? There hasn't been an update here since April, and I would hate to see this game die like that.
that man

Postby Egman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm

that man Wrote:..er, are things okay on your end? There hasn't been an update here since April, and I would hate to see this game die like that.

..er, http://puddinggames.blogspot.com.au/
Egman
Newly Registered

Postby derpydoo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 pm

So, I just wanted to say that I really loved this game. Contests where the loser becomes the winner's slave is a total fetish of mine and it's cool to see a game with this concept.

Personally, I'm excited to see where you take this game, and hopefully new features are added, for example a way to play with your slaves while you walk around the school or something like that. :)
derpydoo

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects