Space Escape

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Space Escape

Postby musical74 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:42 am

Either there is a glitch or I'm missing something BIG. I can fight a wolf, get some kind of power-up...and that's it. I can't really reach the slime - I can jump-kick it occasionally, but given how powerful the slime is, it'll take around 50 or 60 hits to get rid of it. I can't get back to the beginning area without double-jump, so there isn't much to do unless it's spend 30 minutes trying to get rid of the slime...
musical74

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:47 am

Yeah. It's busted.
RandomGuy2599

Postby FuzzFace » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:51 am

There's a new recent update addressing this. The slime has been lowered, and is now weaker.
FuzzFace

Postby Weirdo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:56 pm

when i tabbed out and back into game right at the start of the level the character glitched into the wall and if i moved she fell through the whole level
Weirdo

Postby musical74 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:39 am

Still glitched up, everything on the first level is OK, but if you go to hard level, you can't get anywhere because the switch to get to the slime won't work.

I like the layout more - it's not *what the heck am I supposed to do to start* now - but until the rash of game-breaking bugs stops, I'll wait...
musical74

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:47 am

Ok, musical74 I have done this on all three difficulties know, and each one has it so that you can hit the slime. Either A. you don't know how to jump attack, Highly doubt, or B. you have not Downloaded his recent patch from his site that fixes that problem.

On a side note, I have found an interesting bug that I don't think needs to be fixed but might help with some editing on MasikoX be half. If you end the game with one of the guns instead of weapon, then the hair color of that weapon will be equip in the main menu and the Gallery. As for another bug to fix when you release the next big update for I am not going sweat over it, if you beat the game on easy and unlock the gallery, then decide to play it through hard mode again from an new game non + and finish, the Gallery goes away for it thinks that you have just unlock easy mode ad can't have the gallery for you need to beat easy mode to unlock it.
seeing how I don't use blogger, I don't know if some one with out an blogger account can comment or not, I will leave it up to anyone that does to post these bugs for him to see. or somehow get him to visit the forum again, but I doubt that.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby musical74 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Thing is, on the initial one, I could do everything, including beating the slime on the intro stage. When I got to *hard level*, the door wouldn't open that allows you to get to the slime. Maybe this was patched to fix the error?
musical74

Postby mr_johnson » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Pretty sure this glitch happens when you pick up the "secret" with the face of mistuko in any other difficulty than normal
I tried opening the door BEFORE picking up the (useless) secret and it worked fine
mr_johnson

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:51 am

People, I have done pretty much every thing you just posted and more, no matter what, in the patch it is fixed, so just get the patch from his blog site
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby mr_johnson » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:08 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:People, I have done pretty much every thing you just posted and more, no matter what, in the patch it is fixed, so just get the patch from his blog site

Well I AM talking about this last version. For me, when I tried to open the door after picking up the "secret" in easy mode, it didn't open, I had to close/restart the game and pick up the secret after opening the door
mr_johnson

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Yea, just ran through again doing exactly what you said was the problem four times, Still not getting that result, maybe try to re-download the patch or just not pick up the secret for I don't think it actual does anything yet.
Dead2112man

Postby Biles » Tue May 05, 2015 8:21 pm

There's something seriously wrong with the download. It seems you're missing one vital important file. The actual game itself. The rar archive is missing the "SpacEscape.swf" file itself.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby rebelseal » Sun May 10, 2015 6:11 am

Biles Wrote:There's something seriously wrong with the download. It seems you're missing one vital important file. The actual game itself. The rar archive is missing the "SpacEscape.swf" file itself.

this isnt a flash project dude... you run the .exe
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Postby Biles » Tue May 19, 2015 10:00 am

My computer doesn't read .exe And while this isn't a flash project, it does have .swf files.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Dead2112man » Tue May 19, 2015 1:02 pm

how can you computer not read .exe, I thought all computers could read .exe?
Dead2112man

Postby musical74 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Last time my computer couldn't read .exe files I had a doozy of a virus, might want to check that out...

Something I've been wondering, on the gallery there is a whole bunch of spaces that aren't being used. Does that mean that there will be a lot more monsters in the future, or is what we have now it?
musical74

Postby Biles » Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:how can you computer not read .exe, I thought all computers could read .exe?

That's because there's an often misconception that all computers are WinPCs. Besides, I'd rather not have go to the effort of booting Windows through Bootcamp or other parallel programs like VMFusion Software.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby kvier » Tue May 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Since you have a mac, I'm just going to say " dd if=SpacEscape\ 042715.exe bs=2447560 skip=1 of=SpacEscape\ 042715.swf "

As an added benefit, using it with the version 16 projector can actually draw the game without lagging when fullscreen, while the built-in version 9 project can't.
kvier

Postby Biles » Tue May 19, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm assuming that line of text is directory, right? And the projector, if you're referring to the Flash Player projector, I'm currently using version 11. Though I don't know if the latest versions are the same with Mac and Windows. Often one OS gets the latest version before the other and vice versa.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby kvier » Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 am

It's sometime you'd copy into Terminal, once in the right directory.

I'm stuck in the even-less hospitable world of trying to use Linux here, for which Adobe basically said "eh, we give up" three years ago. At least wine's getting better...
kvier

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects