"Unforbidden" (3D platformer, tentacle, beast) [2013-02-28]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: "Unforbidden" (3D platformer, tentacle, beast) [2013-02-

Postby BlueLight » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 am

misterzim Wrote:The gun isn't shooting, is that a bug or has the firing system not yet programmed?

I have my sound muted so i couldn't tell if there wasn't a graphic or something elses. anyways i've notice this.

so going back to the platforms having a visual problem, i suggest you put vines on the underside of them. Seems to make more sense than messing around with back grounds.

edit. Also, i hate how grab works. if i'm fighting the game and button mashing for a simple thing than i tend to dislike it. I'd personally do something like what they did in metroid fusion; just no front flips.

EDIT
I was able to grab onto the ledge and turn my character around. Not sure how i did it for sure since i did it just now but i think i either grabbed the ledge then his left (the oppisite direction of the ledge.) or i hit left while getting up onto the ledge.

Also i hate this platforming. one mistake and you have to restart, and the better you get at it; the more your mistakes hurt!...

Edit, after getting fucked by the wolf, the second bar just keeps going up, and the third bar goes down until you get fucked again.
Last edited by BlueLight on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Zikare » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 am

misterzim Wrote:The gun isn't shooting, is that a bug or has the firing system not yet programmed?

It's not coded yet. Like sound, the gun was one of the things I cut to somehow get this release finished...

BlueLight Wrote:so going back to the platforms having a visual problem, i suggest you put vines on the underside of them. Seems to make more sense than messing around with back grounds.

That sounds like a great idea!

BlueLight Wrote:edit. Also, i hate how grab works. if i'm fighting the game and button mashing for a simple thing than i tend to dislike it. I'd personally do something like what they did in metroid fusion; just no front flips.

Button mashing? Could it be you're thinking that you have to press 'up' at just the right moment? You can keep holding the 'up' key the moment you jump and she'd grab anything you jump into :)

Or is something else making it difficult? If it's landing on the platforms, don't forget that the longer you hold 'x', the farther she jumps (making it much easier to aim for the platforms). Mabye I should add another hint for that since it's only mentioned once in the mech-driving part.

BlueLight Wrote:I was able to grab onto the ledge and turn my character around. Not sure how i did it for sure since i did it just now but i think i either grabbed the ledge then his left (the oppisite direction of the ledge.) or i hit left while getting up onto the ledge.

Okay, I can imagine how that might happen. I'm not touching her rotation when she grabs a ledge, currently, but instead just blindly assume she would be facing it :)

BlueLight Wrote:Also i hate this platforming. one mistake and you have to restart, and the better you get at it; the more your mistakes hurt!...

From the feedback so far, most people hated that section. Hrm. It was supposed to be a short training course to give the player a feel for how far she can jump, how holding 'x' influences jump height, how fast she moves and stops, etc.

I'm already thinking about how I can remove the frustration and dullness from it...

BlueLight Wrote:Edit, after getting fucked by the wolf, the second bar just keeps going up, and the third bar goes down until you get fucked again.

That's like it should be :)

The third bar is her arousal. When it fills up she reaches orgasm and when she's not being stimulated it goes down.

The second bar is her horniness - it increases when she's aroused. Currently there's no meaning to it, but I want it do influence struggle difficulty and some other things. It goes down by half when she orgasms and will, in the future, also go down again after a while or when she's fighting.
H-game developer. Development blog. Games: Image (3D tentacle/beast platformer), more to come!
Zikare

Postby cereburn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Howdy,
I just played the demo for the first time and I like where this seems to be heading.
Just a few things to report that you probably already know:
1) The Mech animation isn't in sync with the ground
2) No gun animations for Mech or woman - She holds up the gun, but no fire animation.
3) The wolfs don't show their cocks till after they're done - should this be the other way around?
3a) I'd like to see the sex animation updated to show the cock and more movement on her part as she is being hammered by the wolf - tits swing, hips being pushed forward, etc.
4) There seems to be a gap in the transition between stone and brown dirt when she is crawling through one of the cracks on her trek to the well.
5) I suggest some small tweaks on the climbing animation, have her point her feet as she's scrabbling for a foot hold on flat climbs, ditto when she is swinging to get momentum to climb up on open bottom ledges.
6) As much as I hate to add another layer of clothes on any hot chick, piloting a mech in shorts and a sports bra seems unlikely to me. Maybe a short scene when she climbs out showing her taking off a suit because it is too hot? Also, shouldn't she have shoes?
7) Looking forward to when the gun works, and then runs out of bullets, will melee attacks be added? ie...Kick at the wolves to drive them off?
8) Can't figure out how to save
9) If I hit escape, it takes me to the menu, how do I get back to the game?

I can't think of anything else ATM, but I'm looking forward to more of this game.

-Cere
cereburn

Postby diedinafire » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 am

Found a bug

When I am in the shaft that leads to the surface (where the wolfs are), I try and return to the crawlspace that leads to the tunnel. When I slide into the 'crawlspace', if I don't hold the down key I fall through the floor.
diedinafire

Postby BlueLight » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:29 am

Sorry this came out as a rant but i got really annoyed with the jumping areas.
Zikare Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:so going back to the platforms having a visual problem, i suggest you put vines on the underside of them. Seems to make more sense than messing around with back grounds.

That sounds like a great idea!

there were also some areas where we had to walk on rock area's. this might be what he was talking about.

Zikare Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:edit. Also, i hate how grab works. if i'm fighting the game and button mashing for a simple thing than i tend to dislike it. I'd personally do something like what they did in metroid fusion; just no front flips.

Button mashing? Could it be you're thinking that you have to press 'up' at just the right moment? You can keep holding the 'up' key the moment you jump and she'd grab anything you jump into :)

Or is something else making it difficult? If it's landing on the platforms, don't forget that the longer you hold 'x', the farther she jumps (making it much easier to aim for the platforms). Mabye I should add another hint for that since it's only mentioned once in the mech-driving part.

Ya i found out about that after i posted, however that kinda makes it worse since you becomes for noticeable that you basically have to fall to cling to a ledge. Why can't you have a system where if your a height X, next to a ledge and pushing into while not standing, that you cling to it. I don't see any platforming where this would be a problem so far; but maybe i'm wrong. I hate to sound like a ass but aside of from the wonky controls plus the animations, the problem was also largely because of bad level design oh and how could i forget the camera. So basically if you make a mistake you have to do the entire level thing over from the start! which really lowers my willingness to explore; that and lust for exploration is also cut short by the fact that exploring will lead me to locations that are back tracking if anything.

I think i landed on a platform once to save myself from having to redo platforming. the animation is slow and grating; basically to realistic to be enjoyable. The best forced, tutorial i ever played assumed that i knew what the fuck i was doing and i could beat in a minute just by rushing though it. Normally i hate it when a game forces me to do a tutorial every time i start a new game when it's stuff i already know. Now moving to the camera, it moves to high to make jumps were the platform is below you. I had to roughly guess (wrongly some times) where a few platforms were which is not fun.

Zikare Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:Edit, after getting fucked by the wolf, the second bar just keeps going up, and the third bar goes down until you get fucked again.

That's like it should be :)

The third bar is her arousal. When it fills up she reaches orgasm and when she's not being stimulated it goes down.

The second bar is her horniness - it increases when she's aroused. Currently there's no meaning to it, but I want it do influence struggle difficulty and some other things. It goes down by half when she orgasms and will, in the future, also go down again after a while or when she's fighting.

ya the second bar, doesn't ever stop going up.
BlueLight

Postby Zikare » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:19 pm

BlueLight Wrote:Ya i found out about that after i posted, however that kinda makes it worse since you becomes for noticeable that you basically have to fall to cling to a ledge. Why can't you have a system where if your a height X, next to a ledge and pushing into while not standing, that you cling to it. I don't see any platforming where this would be a problem so far; but maybe i'm wrong.

That would, however, rob you of some control: what if you just want to jump down past a series of platforms but still control where you're going - like that escape shaft behind Mother Brain in Super Metroid, it would have been super annoying to climb down there if Samus stuck to any platform she touched.

When I first designed the controls I allowed ledges to be grabbed while still in the upwards phase of a jump, but it didn't look right if all the momentum just suddenly disappeared, so I changed it to only work during a fall.

BlueLight Wrote:I hate to sound like a ass but aside of from the wonky controls plus the animations, the problem was also largely because of bad level design oh and how could i forget the camera. So basically if you make a mistake you have to do the entire level thing over from the start! which really lowers my willingness to explore; that and lust for exploration is also cut short by the fact that exploring will lead me to locations that are back tracking if anything.

Wonky controls? Because of the grab mechanic, or are there more issues?

As to the animations, I'm trying hard but I'm a bloody noob. Others have so far pointed out that I should try to add some bounce to the walking and running animations and jiggle physics during sex. A bit further down in your post you say the climbing animation takes too long to be enjoyable. I'll see if I can speed it up a bit more.

BlueLight Wrote:I think i landed on a platform once to save myself from having to redo platforming. the animation is slow and grating; basically to realistic to be enjoyable. The best forced, tutorial i ever played assumed that i knew what the fuck i was doing and i could beat in a minute just by rushing though it. Normally i hate it when a game forces me to do a tutorial every time i start a new game when it's stuff i already know. Now moving to the camera, it moves to high to make jumps were the platform is below you. I had to roughly guess (wrongly some times) where a few platforms were which is not fun.

Okay, I think given the response I'll have to scratch the cave section and design a new one:
- Bigger platforms to land on
- Prefer jumping over climbing (this should also speed things up greatly)
- Add some fail-safe platforms (like a big, comfy landing zone all across the second tier
- Avoid jumps to lower platforms (or experiment with camera hints that make the camera go lower when approaching such a section)

BlueLight Wrote:ya the second bar, doesn't ever stop going up.

It does, but only when the third bar has been completely empty for about 10 seconds. Anyway, those bars are nothing but a dirty hack at the moment. I'll make them look good and give them some feeling by maybe transferring the arousal to horniness in chunks once a second and making the bars flash.
H-game developer. Development blog. Games: Image (3D tentacle/beast platformer), more to come!
Zikare

Postby Bertus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 am

Well, i've played the demo and is not that bad so far.
I just missed a pair of jumps, but is not that hard to manage (playing Super Meat Boy helps a lot i think).
I admit that the beginning is a little boring, since when you reach the first cave, you spent more time reaching the edge of the platforms instead of landing on them directly.

The intro is quite strange, since you start in that mech, but you broke it since you jump voluntarily off the edge. Maybe you should do a sort of cutscene where when you reach the edge, the protagonist sais something like "hmm, is a dead end, i'd better to find another way" and then, the point where you are standing brokes up and you fall down with the mech. Luckily the protagonist is not harmed (or maybe just a little) and she get off the mech that has landed on some rocks... stuff like that.

Anyways, you are doing a good job here. Thumbs Up
Bertus
Newly Registered

Postby DemonKnightRaziel » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 am

Holy Shiii. This was fun. All that platform jumping was a little annoying at first but mastered within like, 5 minutes. Wasn't hard. Looking forward to more sexy updates.

Any chance we could get internals with the wolf banging her and filling her up?
DemonKnightRaziel

Postby kittenzoe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 am

Hey, i love how the game looks so far, but since im horrible at platforming... err, it was a bit difficult for me, maybe could you try and make the different sections of the jumping puzzle into multiple rooms, so if you do fail, you dont have to restart all the way from the beginning? Also, i havent seen this brought up yet, are you planning on making the movement less "floaty"? i find the movement even from a brief tap of the directional keys rather overboard, but i mean, maybe you want it this way, its your game, just throwing my input out there, thanks for reading. :)
kittenzoe
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Hey I actually take pleasure in making sound bytes for female voices, off cartoons and games. If you need voice, I can make it. Just lemme know.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Zikare » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:35 pm

cereburn Wrote:Howdy,
I just played the demo for the first time and I like where this seems to be heading.
Just a few things to report that you probably already know:
[...]

Wow, that's a lot :)

I'll take care of most of the things you listed, especially improvements to the animations.

As to 3, I think that's how it should be. They enter the female sheath-to-snatch and only gain an erection once inside (most mammals have an actual bone in their penis to make this possible). If you'd enjoy seeing her being presented the goods she's about to service, I'm sure the opportunity will arise amongst the numerous creatures on the planet!

For 6 - yeah, that's a problem. Her model came with weird high heels (totally inappropriate) and I'm horrible at modeling. I'm attempting to fit some free clothes to her body shape and get good enough at weight painting to pull it off.

For 7, I wanted to make it a particle beam weapon with infinite shots. Punching and kicking would be cool, too, but just look at the pull-up animations to see the limit of my abilities in recreating dynamic motions :)

8 and 9, there's no save system coded yet. The "Load" button in the menu just triggers a script that destroys the mech and teleports the heroine onto the well. Pressing escape during the game, well, just ends the game. It won't stay like that of course :)

Bertus Wrote:The intro is quite strange, since you start in that mech, but you broke it since you jump voluntarily off the edge. Maybe you should do a sort of cutscene where when you reach the edge, the protagonist sais something like "hmm, is a dead end, i'd better to find another way" and then, the point where you are standing brokes up and you fall down with the mech.

Yes, totally! :)

This is what's supposed to happen:
- She descends in her spaceship, talks about how the planet appears to be terraformed and that the space pirate camp is a few kilometers to the east.
- Surprise: unlike Metroid's Samus, she leaves the ship in a mech instead of tight-fitting power armor
- On the way east, the mech's nuclear power generators report errors, but she ignores the warnings.
- She reaches a canyon with a broken bridge. Her mech AI recommends a thruster-assisted jump.
- Cutscene: the power completely fails in the middle of that jump and the mech barely manages a landing before dieing completely.

The spaceship landing, half of the mech's HUD, the weapons test, the wooden bridge and the power loss cutscene all fell victim to my drive for an early next release.

DemonKnightRaziel Wrote:Holy Shiii. This was fun. All that platform jumping was a little annoying at first but mastered within like, 5 minutes. Wasn't hard. Looking forward to more sexy updates.

Any chance we could get internals with the wolf banging her and filling her up?

Thanks!
I have been thinking about an internal view as it seems to be all the rage in hentai mangas currently. I don't know if I can pull it off with my current skills and getting the animation to run in sync would require to recreate the entire animation state machine of the wolf and drive it with the same inputs, so I better not promise anything, but I will look into it.

kittenzoe Wrote:Hey, i love how the game looks so far, but since im horrible at platforming... err, it was a bit difficult for me, maybe could you try and make the different sections of the jumping puzzle into multiple rooms, so if you do fail, you dont have to restart all the way from the beginning? Also, i havent seen this brought up yet, are you planning on making the movement less "floaty"?

I wanted a bit of acceleration/deceleration in her movements both for realism and in order to require a few steps of straight ground to manage a long jump.
The speed... well, I'm redesigning the cave climb section to be more forgiving and not require any precision landings just yet (also: less rewatching of the pull-up animation, hehe). I think the movement speed will become second nature after playing for a while, if I can avoid frustrating or overly harsh challenges in the first 15-30 minutes. Mega Man Zero (YouTube) has a lot of followers, so it must be possible! :)
Zikare

Postby BlueLight » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:12 pm

I don't know about mega man 0 but the general design they have for level is just jaw droppingly smart in a lot of there game. They teach you how to play without any text which is smart.
BlueLight

Postby Zikare » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Absolutely, their level design is top notch. You always know where to go and it still invites revisiting finished stages to use new abilities to reach hidden power-ups.
I remember that Mega Man X just let you crash down with a bridge and you had to figure out that he would now climb walls when you jump against them. That was brilliant because everyone will eventually jump against the wall whilst looking for a way to get back up!

I hoped to have done a similar thing: you experience the part of the story right after she has landed on the planet, free to rush right through. You can figure out jumping, squatting, sliding, crawling on your own - all I do is display hints at appropriate times to make sure nobody is dumbfounded if he doesn't know the standard Jump'n Run keys. No message pop-up interrupting the gameplay, no "Simon says" and no walls of text to remember. Yeah, not many liked the skill test that followed :cry: - I should copy it 1:1 into another location and put some optional, but useful item at the top in revenge :mrgreen:
Zikare

Postby KaTsuO_O » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Let's try to break the game and find as many flaws as possible, because you know what, it is a lot more useful to know what's negative than what's positive. I tried to read a couple of post but, but I could not be bothered to read them all, so if I point out things that have been mentioned before, just ignore it.

First I'd like to take a look at the things that are a bit broken, in the order that they should be encountered:

1. It doesn't save the resolution or if you had it set to window mode.
2. When a key in the tutorial is mentioned, then it shows the default key, instead of the key that I set.
3. You can highlight the text in the text boxes.
4. The game crashed when I walked back in the beginning and jumped around for a while.
5. You doesn't seem to be able to fire the mech's weapon. It is most likely not implemented yet, but I'll point it out anyways.
6. The game crashes if you push the log far enough by just holding down ->
7. The game crashed when I went through the cave before the part where you fall down, only once though.
8. You don't spawn where the mech lands when you get out of it, so if you land far back, then it looks pretty odd. If you land far back enough, then it land under the ground.
9. If you jump up on the mech and jump on top of it, then the jump animation doesn't quite work. You're also floating above it.
10. If you stand against a wall and jump, then you jump slightly higher. If you stand right against a crawl hole and jump, then you'll even jump higher.
11. if you slide in to a crawl hole, but release the key before the slide animation is done, then she stands up and starts bouncing around against the ceiling.
12. If you try to crawl back then there is an invisible wall, and if you release the button, she slowly starts sliding back. It crashed there, but not the second time.
13. It says that I cannot fall when crouching, but that's not quite true. Which makes it quite hilarious, I might add.
14. If you in the second path and release before the animation is done, then the same thing happens. However there is one spot in the ceiling where you will go through, and then you're stuck in a "room" in the rock wall.
15. If you walk up right against the wall that is blocking the path ahead, in the room with the water in the middle, and jump, then you'll jump higher as well.
16. If you turn around in the air, when she is about to grab on to a platform, then she will face the wrong direction and climb up through the middle of the platform.
17. The game crashed when I was about to climb up on a platform
18. If you stand on the ledge of a platform and jump, then the jump animation doesn't quite work. Just like when jumping on top of the mech.
19. If you cancel the slide animation on the third crawl hole, then the same thing happens as in the second crawl hole.
20. Sometimes when you climb up on the wooden bits in the well, you get one frame where she further up she should be.
21. If you run and do small jump on to the white rock, she will go in to ghost mode, floating with her arms up and her legs bent.
22. The game crashed when I ran and jumped over the rock.
23. If run up to when the text box tells you about the enemies and you do a high, as well as tap jump, she will run in the air and get further up. It seems to work in a few previous places as well.
24. The wolf can run through the walls of the well and walk on top of the hole. It can also be a pain to get up and away after you have managed to do the left right thingy.
25. If the wolf chases you and you stop and stand still, then it will just stand behind you and bite you, rather than try to rape you.

I think that was all I could find. As I mentioned, there was a couple of crashes here and there, but I couldn't find the specific reasons for them.

I was actively searching for these things, but that doesn't mean that you can't encounter them if you just play the game normally. Especially when there is more to the game, and you will spend more time playing it. The way you can cancel the slide animation inside of the crawl holes is the most important one, since it can get you completely stuck. It is also one that is pretty obvious. The more problems you fix now, the less problems you'll have to fix later.

I might take a look at the design choices as well.
Don't create a porn game if you're only interested in porn.
Wise words regarding criticism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-98ZFl1sKt4
KaTsuO_O

Postby Zikare » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm

KaTsuO_O Wrote:Let's try to break the game and find as many flaws as possible, because you know what, it is a lot more useful to know what's negative than what's positive. I tried to read a couple of post but, but I could not be bothered to read them all, so if I point out things that have been mentioned before, just ignore it.

Thank you, that's pretty comprehensive :)

The crashes you're having are a curious thing. For once, all code driving the game runs in Mono, any mistakes on my part would end with the affected object being disabled and an exception being logged, not a crash. Then, things like the tree don't involve any code by me at all - it's just a dead rigid body simulated by PhysX. Also, nobody else ever reported even a single crash. It looks like for some reason, Unity, or a part of it, isn't running entirely stable on your system. I tried hard to reproduce any of them, but to no avail.

Could you tell me which version of PhysX you've got?

The variable mech landing spot and heroine spawn point are a temporary thing. This will become a cutscene where the mech attempts powered flight across the canyon, suffers a power loss, gets damaged in the fall, she kicks open the cockpit and jumps out. I ran out of time, so I just patched it together somehow...

I'll work on the remaining points. As to the wolf only biting you when you stand next to it, that was by design, though maybe bad design (I didn't find it believable that he could push her over, so my idea was that by picking away at his health, a decision is forced on the player: give the wolf what he wants to attempt an escape). Suggestions welcome!

KaTsuO_O Wrote:13. It says that I cannot fall when crouching, but that's not quite true. Which makes it quite hilarious, I might add.

Hahaha, I can imagine that. Player: "Oh, it's safe, so I can try to get the other side of that ditch on screen with no risk" Protagonist (falling): "Aaaaah!" Player: :shock:
I forgot to hide that line of the tutorial (as well as the shooting instructions) when I released the demo without those features :oops:
Zikare

Postby KaTsuO_O » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:37 pm

I looked around for a bit to see what version I have, didn't go too well oddly enough. However, my guess is that I don't have a very recent version because I haven't updated it.

If you are standing still, I think you should fall over if you take 3 hits within a certain time, 2 hits while moving, and 1 hit while running at max speed. It would make it less annoying to get away from one as well, but not too easy.
Don't create a porn game if you're only interested in porn.
Wise words regarding criticism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-98ZFl1sKt4
KaTsuO_O

Postby Kuragari » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

The sex scene with the wolf was enjoyable enough, though I found it vaguely annoying that the orgasm bar was so long. The thought occurred to me that it might not be a bad idea to set that bar as being low in the start, and that the more sex you have the longer it gets.
Kuragari

Postby cereburn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Kuragari Wrote:The sex scene with the wolf was enjoyable enough, though I found it vaguely annoying that the orgasm bar was so long. The thought occurred to me that it might not be a bad idea to set that bar as being low in the start, and that the more sex you have the longer it gets.

I don't disagree with this concept, but I think it fits with the current architecture of the game to execute it differently.
There is an orgasm bar and a arousal bar. I'd setup the orgasm bar to fill in more quickly according to how aroused she is.
cereburn

Postby TheDemonofChaos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Really looking foward to this game love the bestiality aspect of it.
TheDemonofChaos

Postby kresteel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 pm

I'd like to reiterate what demon said. I played this game and I loved it. Really enjoyed the beastiality aspect of it as well. Great job. Look forward to more!
kresteel
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner