"Unforbidden" (3D platformer, tentacle, beast) [2013-02-28]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: "Unforbidden" (3D platformer, tentacle, beast) [2013-02-

Postby NomNomNom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 pm

hi
jst installed your game
->when climbing up and pressing left you turn left and climb through the rock
->pressing esc will send you back to the start menu :/
->loading skips to the exit of the hole (toturial)

havent played anything past that jst wanted to let you know before i forget it :P
ill try to post anything else i notice about the gamemechanics or what you want to call it
edit:
ok there isnt much else but nice dialogues
->when you are alrdy crawling the wolve cant attack you, when undressed and normal moving you cant be at attacked
->when the i believe it is the plesuremeter(the green one) is full it starts again with nothing
->when escaping shortly before he cums he runs away as if he finished

looks promising nice gameplay and i hope you keep the decision in it ->pure/slutty

your intro was a bit scary tbh as well as the pictures :D imagined sth totally different :/ surprisingly good surprise ^_^
NomNomNom

Postby napala » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 am

I'd like to reiterate what Kresteel reiterated.
napala

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 am

Downloaded it. Nice so far.
A few things about jumping/Animation:
The mech slides a small bit after steps, maybe make it stop one "step" a tad earlier?
I'd recommend making the pads to jump on a slight bit larger, it's frustrating falling down the other side, and hard to judge in a 3D platformer.
For pressing up to clib up those platforms, maybe give a timewindow of 'pressed in the last 0.3 seconds' or a larger check-hitbox?
Sometimes pressed, but when the time was just right I had already let go, and fell.
Also, the climbing up could work with the same key as jumping, feels a bit more intuitive, I ended up permanently holding "up" in that passage.
When crawling through that tunnel towards the "well", there's a small hole in the geometry at the border from rock to dirt.
In the well, maybe have a few wood pieces in the background?

Overall, neat start.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Zikare » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:08 pm

NomNomNom Wrote:->when climbing up and pressing left you turn left and climb through the rock
->pressing esc will send you back to the start menu :/
->loading skips to the exit of the hole (toturial)

Thanks!

The climbing orientation issue is already found.
That Escape leaves the game and the 'Load' button just teleports her onto the well are temporary things because I don't have game saving (or an in-game menu) finished yet.

NomNomNom Wrote:->when you are alrdy crawling the wolve cant attack you, when undressed and normal moving you cant be at attacked
->when the i believe it is the plesuremeter(the green one) is full it starts again with nothing
->when escaping shortly before he cums he runs away as if he finished

I'll change the wolf behavior a bit so that there aren't any exploitable tricks by which you can walk around next to him.
When the third bar reaches full and goes empty again it means she had an orgasm :) - I didn't have any special animation or dialogue finished for that yet, so that all that happens at the moment.
Okay, I haven't tried to escape so late in the rape yet, will try to fix that!

UnLimiTeD Wrote:The mech slides a small bit after steps, maybe make it stop one "step" a tad earlier?
I'd recommend making the pads to jump on a slight bit larger, it's frustrating falling down the other side, and hard to judge in a 3D platformer.
For pressing up to clib up those platforms, maybe give a timewindow of 'pressed in the last 0.3 seconds' or a larger check-hitbox?
Sometimes pressed, but when the time was just right I had already let go, and fell.

I'll probably do most of those things. Having the game remember the time at which the floor or a ledge was last touched and accepting a jump or grab slightly later will probably go a long way.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Also, the climbing up could work with the same key as jumping, feels a bit more intuitive, I ended up permanently holding "up" in that passage.
When crawling through that tunnel towards the "well", there's a small hole in the geometry at the border from rock to dirt.
In the well, maybe have a few wood pieces in the background?

I had planned for the jump key, when pressed while hanging, to make her jump away from a ledge (so that I could create ledges that have no space above them to climb onto, but which can be used to jump off to other places). Originally that was what I had planned for the well-climb (making it much faster and introducing this type of climbing).

But maybe I'll scratch that concept in favor of using the jump key to climb up, too.
I'll see if I can decorate the well with a few more blocks of wood :)
H-game developer. Development blog. Games: Image (3D tentacle/beast platformer), more to come!
Zikare

Postby The-Rippy-One » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 pm

This is sort of interesting - the sidescrolling aspects are fairly well executed, and her thoughts on wolves and their mating habits are really funny to read through as they evolve. I have no idea what the heart or female meters are for, exactly, though someone mentioned maxing out the female bar meant the mc orgasmed...I'm sort of curious where that mechanic will lead to, exactly.
The-Rippy-One

Postby sdibolcrif » Tue May 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Really loving the demo you've got here... but a little worried about it having been a month and a half since *anyone* posted here :/
sdibolcrif

Postby Kuragari » Tue May 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Check the blog, stuff is going on there.
Kuragari

Postby sdibolcrif » Tue May 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Ooh, just now noticed the blog link. Thanks, great to see progress continues :D
sdibolcrif

Weapon Failure

Postby The Song » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:34 am

Feel I should say that when I played I couldn't shoot the gun. That, or there isn't a shooting animation and I kept missing. Whichever, it seems important.
The Song
Newly Registered

Postby The-Rippy-One » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 am

The gun wasn't actually implemented in the last version - it has since been added, but the newest build still has several things that he's working on, and a fair number of bugs to resolve, before he's ready to release it.
The-Rippy-One

Postby Eumel2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 pm

if you slide through the narrow parts (low ceiling) and the press up you drop through the map
also the wolfes dick is swinging around while raping so its not really where it belongs ;)
Edit: i happens ehen you break free and get raped by the smae wolf again (prolly takes the sprite from the finished wolf)
Eumel2

Postby Toulon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Zikare's blog has been down for me since Saturday, anyone else have this happen, or is it just me?
Toulon
Newly Registered

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Just finished playing after downloading last night, and I've got to say that it looks great so far. I especially liked her dialogue as she eventually came to enjoy the wolves taking her, and my favourite piece has probably been, "Oh no! I'm defeated! Can you start raping me now?"

I eagerly await the next version of the demo, and I'm pretty glad that you can't game over by being raped too many times in succession like in Space Escape. As far as I can tell, Game Over only happens when your HP hits zero.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Toulon Wrote:Zikare's blog has been down for me since Saturday, anyone else have this happen, or is it just me?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com
Lucky777

Postby Toulon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:24 am

Thanks, Lucky777, didn't know about that!
That says the site is up, but it's definitely down for me.
Firefox "can't find the server", tried IE and it just gives me "page cannot be displayed"
Every other site I regularly visit is perfectly fine...
Tried clearing cookies and whatnot, nothing....
Toulon
Newly Registered

Postby jerkface » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 am

I've played a couple versions of this so I though it would be time to give some criticism.

Pros:
-The dialogue with the wolves is a really nice touch. It really makes the scene with the wolves.
-The environments are good.

Cons:
-The jumping controls suck donkey balls. This is partially due to the fact that your level showcases all of their flaws. So let's list a few: the climbing up onto a ledge animation is horribly slow, the climbing onto a ledge animation tends to clip into the environment, whenever you jump to a ledge and don't quite land on it, you slide all the way down to your hands before you can even try climbing up, hanging onto a ledge isn't automatic when you basically always want to hang onto the ledge, oh god I missed one jump and fell down to the bottom and have to do the whole thing over again.
-The character portrait is ugly as fuck. Normally it wouldn't matter but I think you're trying to make folks sexually attracted to your main character.
-The "Oh man I fell off a cliff" scene is laughable because I just got bored and decided to jump off the edge. Maybe have a scripted scene where the ledge crumbles or the computer goes nuts and steers you off.

Bugs:
-I can't shoot my gun. I press C and I get a gun raising animation but nothing else happens, not even if I press other buttons while holding C. Maybe shooting isn't implemented yet, but it would be nice to let the players know that.
-I'm able to do a running slide into crawl spaces and then stand up and fall through the map.
Programming languages I know and use on a regular basis: C/C++, Python
Programming languages I'm familiar with: Java, Basic, BASH, Batch, Assembly, GLSL
I can probably figure it out in a little bit so long as it isn't: Lisp
jerkface

Postby Nice and Blue » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 am

Most things that I wanted to say were already reported by some users, but so far, the game is really good to me, even because I really like its theme. This is the first side-scrolling of this kind that I've tried, so I guess that it is a pro for it.
You've said that you're planning it to be a commercial project, so far its not bad. I'm looking forward to the future complete game, and would probably buy it, haha.
The dialogues are really good, one well wrote game is one of the things that most attract me, it helps you feel the mood of the game, and thats something really cool.
Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native language.
Nice and Blue
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby ElPresidente » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Looking great. Keep at it. :P
ElPresidente

Postby Lumino » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:38 am

Following this blog is really cool. It certainly looks like one of the more (the word escapes me right now...damn this is going to bother me all day. Like, a game that really attempts to reach for the stars, push beyond what most would.) titles in development. I eagerly await even news with no game, it's actually fascinating to watch the design.

Ah! Ambitious! That was the word I was looking for. Man, how did I forget that?
Lumino

Postby Demonblood » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:01 am

Download Link is shot for me but its nice to see this game still going
Demonblood

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner