Amaranth RPG MAKER VX|ACE

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 04/01/2015)

Postby SterlingArcher » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 pm

I am in High Garden and i still can't fine the Black Guild Hideout to free the slaves... so the Elfen village can get the woman back... Can someone Show pictures or a way or explain how to get their? i am completely lose on how to even get their
SterlingArcher

Postby Car6on » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Z0mb13 Wrote:High garden
- The long hall fight, (with 2 guild members + 1 guard) could trigger two times: you forgot to add lost in long hall = ON into the switch disguise, if lose.
- Couldn't reproduce the bug when the general say get back to work but you are not a waitress anymore. It is fixed now.

Black guild hideout
- I forgot to tell that there is no way back ^^
- Ok, I took several pictures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

1.png

2.png

3.png

And the code looks like:
1 step forward
Jump +0, +2
1 step forward
:D

Okay, the bug with the fight in the long hall retriggering twice is fixed. Same goes for the no way back.
The guys jumping as you show in the pictures was just the easy way to get them past events on the ground.
Car6on

Postby Car6on » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:43 pm

SterlingArcher Wrote:I am in High Garden and i still can't fine the Black Guild Hideout to free the slaves... so the Elfen village can get the woman back... Can someone Show pictures or a way or explain how to get their? i am completely lose on how to even get their

Alright. First you must free an elf inside Amaranth. Search in the red room cells, go to the cell in the upper left corner and rescue her.
Now, the same elf will then be waiting for you in Town of Games. She will then ask you to help her get to her village. Accept the quest. You may now find the village with her help
in the forest east to the bridge. Here you find the village burned down. You find the elf's father dying. You promise the elf to help her find her family. When you exit the village
Nimrodel will say "I must save the elves but how do I find the Black Guild's hideout? I should search in taverns..."
The tavern where you first escaped from before chapter one. Search here. Check every door. Inside the BG Hideout you may now save the elves but only if you promised to do so.

There is another way to do it. When you find your allies in the slave market, dead. You blame the black guild and decides to find their hideout. Search the same tavern.

I just noticed that the first way didn't work because there was a switch missing but it is working now.
Car6on

Postby wimil » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm having the same $Mage_f file missing problem i see other people having and I'm not sure if that's patch or that's going to be fix in the next update
wimil
Newly Registered

Postby Z0mb13 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:07 pm

wimil Wrote:I'm having the same $Mage_f file missing problem i see other people having and I'm not sure if that's patch or that's going to be fix in the next update

If you want to go past that bug, just go in the specified folder, make a copy of a random file which is already there, rename it to the missing name, and it will do the trick to go past that point. Even if you won't find anything there ;) I'm sure It would be fixed in the next release.
Z0mb13

Postby dndman997 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:52 pm

im getting this: RGSS202E.dll not found.

what exactly does this mean o.0
dndman997

Postby hoboy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:08 am

OK - got to say (take this constructively) this seems almost buggier than it was over a year ago. I last played the Dec 2013 rev through, and now the lag seems worse, and there are several screens where it hangs and goes black. When I have time I'll try to suss out where these occur, but trying to play a previous save seems to be doomed, and starting over (for the fifth or sixth time) is daunting considering the grinding element...(unless I cheat - again)...we'll see
hoboy

Postby Z0mb13 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:06 pm

dndman997 Wrote:im getting this: RGSS202E.dll not found.

what exactly does this mean o.0

It means that you probably didn't read the requirement to play this game: Important: You need RPG MAKER VX to play this game
And a quick google search about your error would have led you to that:
Download and install RPG Maker VX RTP found at http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/add ... e-packages

hoboy Wrote:OK - got to say (take this constructively) this seems almost buggier than it was over a year ago. I last played the Dec 2013 rev through, and now the lag seems worse, and there are several screens where it hangs and goes black. When I have time I'll try to suss out where these occur, but trying to play a previous save seems to be doomed, and starting over (for the fifth or sixth time) is daunting considering the grinding element...(unless I cheat - again)...we'll see

If you right click on the game title bar, select properties you could select reduce screen flickering. Experiment if it helps.
You wouldn't go far with your old saves. Too many things have changed since 2013. You probably have a lot of logical switches not activated (because they haven't been there before), leading to a miss-behaviour of the game code.
Cheating was the solution as the game was difficult. The game was recently nerfed... and quite a lot. So it won't be too difficult to progress.
I suggest you to uninstall RPG Maker VX RTP if it's old, and reinstall the one from above.
Last edited by Z0mb13 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Z0mb13

Postby dndman997 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:38 pm

nope didnt work, i even had it on before.
dndman997

Postby Z0mb13 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:52 pm

dndman997 Wrote:nope didnt work, i even had it on before.

Go to your newly reinstalled RPG VX installation folder (not RPG VX ACE or something), check if you have the .dll there.
If you do, then I don't know. It will have something to do with environment variable or registry key, but I can't help you further.
If you don't, then you know what to do.
Z0mb13

Postby hoboy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Found a game breaking bug. Restarted the game from scratch and have defeated the king of Amaranth. Now I'm saving all the girls and went all the way back to the first set of cells (where I got the VIP whore) and when trying to free the pink haired girl in the center bottom cell game just froze - completely. Lost a couple hours of game play...
hoboy

Postby hoboy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:50 am

AAAAND after restarting (again) and getting to part 2 (again) and getting to the ogre keep I get to the guardians for the king and - again - unless I have not grinded (ground?) enough (which I feel I have already overdone - again) I STILL get killed. Enough is enough - i will not spend 3-4 hours grinding unless there is a reason other than progressing the game. There has to be content to make it desirable. Unless I am missing the point here - is this game meant to only be played by the "get raped over and over" angle? The hint early on (the elf girl in the first cells section) says to AVOID sex...is there no reward for that> Or was that just a red herring?

Am taking a break for now - I did find the elf village but that was a real "gotcha - thanks for coming" and now we're outtahere...
hoboy

Postby SterlingArcher » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:51 am

hoboy Wrote:AAAAND after restarting (again) and getting to part 2 (again) and getting to the ogre keep I get to the guardians for the king and - again - unless I have not grinded (ground?) enough (which I feel I have already overdone - again) I STILL get killed. Enough is enough - i will not spend 3-4 hours grinding unless there is a reason other than progressing the game. There has to be content to make it desirable. Unless I am missing the point here - is this game meant to only be played by the "get raped over and over" angle? The hint early on (the elf girl in the first cells section) says to AVOID sex...is there no reward for that> Or was that just a red herring?

Am taking a break for now - I did find the elf village but that was a real "gotcha - thanks for coming" and now we're outtahere...

Noted it does glitch when trying to save the elf from the first part I found out many a time and thier are ways to win without getting raped. It is kinda hard but I've done it. Thier is 1 sex scene u can't avoid and that is the gate where you need to flip the switch right next to the golden necklace on the ground to be able to leave part 1. Besides for that you can do part 1 with only 1 sex scene. But I don't see how you are getting raped so much isn't that hard.
SterlingArcher

Postby Indeed » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 am

When I lost to the tavern owner guy, he took me to the slave market, but once i 'freshened up' i go out of the little vanity room and his first bit of dialogue shows, but his sprite isn't there, so i'm just stuck, not able to move.
Indeed

Postby Indeed » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 am

Restarted the game and now everything worked fine
Indeed

Postby Lord154 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 am

Hello all

hoboy Wrote:AAAAND after restarting (again) and getting to part 2 (again) and getting to the ogre keep I get to the guardians for the king and - again - unless I have not grinded (ground?) enough (which I feel I have already overdone - again) I STILL get killed. Enough is enough - i will not spend 3-4 hours grinding unless there is a reason other than progressing the game. There has to be content to make it desirable. Unless I am missing the point here - is this game meant to only be played by the "get raped over and over" angle? The hint early on (the elf girl in the first cells section) says to AVOID sex...is there no reward for that> Or was that just a red herring?

Well this is maybe the most difficult battle in the game however it is winable. What i did is:

1) You should have a lot of money in this time, use them to increase your character stats
2) when the battle start ignore the 2 succubus. Yes the one of them can heal her allies but the others enemies is MUCH more dangerous
3) Try to silence the dragon to stop him using fire 2.
4) However your most dangerous enemies are the two gargoil (can confuse your characters). Try to confuse them using darkness attack.
5) After disable the gargoil and the dragon (normaly in the first 3-4 round), then kill the succubus that heal.
6) Then kill the dragon and the 2 gargoil.

Hoping to help you even a little. i was lv 43 Nimrodel and lv 31 the others when i win it last time.
Lord154

Postby thatkidpc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:47 am

First time poster here, and I want to say thank you for making and improving this game. I have played this game through several iterations and always enjoyed it. After the last update however I have not been able to play at all. when I extract the project 1 file the only place I can find a the game app file is the system sub folder and no config file is present. I have tried downloading from both mega and media file neither of which will work. Am I missing files or something more basic? I know my rpgmaker vx rtp is working since I have other games that use this vx rtp and games that use the vxace rtp as well. I have one of the older Amaranth iterations, the December 2014 one, and it works just fine. Please help so I can enjoy the game.
thatkidpc
Newly Registered

Postby Z0mb13 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:41 am

thatkidpc Wrote:First time poster here, and I want to say thank you for making and improving this game. I have played this game through several iterations and always enjoyed it. After the last update however I have not been able to play at all. when I extract the project 1 file the only place I can find a the game app file is the system sub folder and no config file is present. I have tried downloading from both mega and media file neither of which will work. Am I missing files or something more basic? I know my rpgmaker vx rtp is working since I have other games that use this vx rtp and games that use the vxace rtp as well. I have one of the older Amaranth iterations, the December 2014 one, and it works just fine. Please help so I can enjoy the game.

That's very simple. Double click here. We won't teach you how to extract from an archive.

1.png
1.png (5.77 KiB) Viewed 1886 times

But I suggest you to check if the archive size is about 230 MB. If it isn't you didn't download it successfully.
Last edited by Z0mb13 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z0mb13

Postby thatkidpc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks Z0mb13 my extracter was not getting all the files. It has never done that before even with the previous versions of Amaranth.
thatkidpc
Newly Registered

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 28/01/2015)

Postby Rakarth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:52 pm

I hope to god the child birth is gonna be optional.... If it isn't, eh don't think I'll be following this game anymore.
Rakarth

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects