Amaranth RPG MAKER VX|ACE

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 31/3)

Postby Car6on » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 pm

gutsyrabbit Wrote:Hello ^^
I'm having trouble getting out of the small house from the north part of the map,after i defeated the slavw that was actually a ghost
i couldn't exit the house, is it a bug or is there another way out?
And also, you really did a good job with the game, the story is interesting to say the least, and just love those musclechub monster characters

Hi there
That was a bug..its fixed now. There will an update tomorrow.
Im glad you like the game :)
Car6on

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 2/4)

Postby Mickele » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:20 pm

hi there again,

so i recognized, you started an updated outer world of amaranth, so i must have checked it and I'm a bit confused... :(

at first, i started in the small house....
i played through many possible ways, but all ended up, that i can't reenter amaranth labyrinth and finish it...
also there were many game overs...
I thought, beginning is the labyrinth and afterwards, you can explore the outer world...(or is this only a testing phase???) at least the raping by the devils aliens in the slave market seems to happen after escaping the labyrinth (following the text)...

so for explaining:

when i enter the labyrinth, i get the starting story and the text: chapter one... so far so good...
after each reenter of one of the first screens of the labyrinth (so meant the staring one, the one before the red room and the red room screen), i get the strating textes again and the scenes are redone...
for example: i went through the whole labyrinth, beat the demon king and when leaving the red rooms, i got the starting textes again and everything is resetted, means i never can get out of the labyrinth again....

another problem i found is, when loosing to a guard at the slave market, you end up with no health (0hp!), sothat sleeping in a bed means a gameover...(at least the guard in the "dress up room too...), so you need to give out a revive potion^^
also it is possible to get the blessing/praying statsboost in the slave market everytime you reenter this room screen...
also after completing the slave routine and escaping the big house, you can't reenter the big house and everytime you reenter the slave market, the former routine with the slaving auction starts, sothat you auto ran into the wall and the game freezes...

also the green haired girl (demon in small house) is still there after you have lost against her once
after you left the house (not fighting the ghost) and entered the slave market, the scene with her is resetted sothat you can get the entering scene again (not after beating the ghost)...
and in her basement/cellar, the skeleton can be refighted everytime you win (he drops two potions), sothat you can take this as a small training, untill you loose once, then everything end...

what is also needed would be a possibility regain mp while sleeping, not only 100 hp...
and last thing: when beating the tavern owner and his two soldiers, they still sit at the table and the fight/scene can be redone again and again
Mickele

Postby Car6on » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 am

Hi there Mickele

Thank you very much for the feedback. It will help me improve and fix the game faster and bring a new and better update to you.

Yes in the last version you started outside Amaranth, a simple mistake from my side...I simply forgot to place the character at the starting position inside Amaranth. In the next update you will start at correct location.

I checked all the bugs you were describing below in your comment and I believe I have fixed most of them but everytime you leave a map the events in that map is resetted meaning when you return to that map everything is alive again.
Thats why the intro text appeared. With help from switches and variables I have fixed some of the more important events that I dont want to reset but others less important such as the same monster will reset.

What I have fixed:
-The guards at the slave market no longer leaves you with 0 hp!
-The blessing/praying statsboost in the slave market cant be retaken anymore!
-The slave routine in the slave market wont restart again when you enter the slave market through other ways then loosing to the tavern owner!(You cant reenter the big house - this is no bug, the house is locked from the outside)
-The skeleton in the basement in the small house with the green haired girl cant be refighted!(Again, if you leave the map, the green haired girl will reset and be back to normal and if you lose to her...she will still be there yes)
-You will gain 100 MP when sleeping in beds now!
-The tavern owner wont sit there if you defeat him now!(If you leave the map where he is and reenter, he will probably be there because all events unless prevented by a switch or variable will reset....)

I have also created 2 more sex scenes within the slave market and 2 merchants.(One with special items!)
Also there were a bug after af sex scene in the beginning that would lock you up in a dark place - fixed!
And there were added some chests and the monsters outside Amaranth grant much more money when defeated!

This update will be added today later. The things I have said I have fixed might not be fixed so it needs testing!
Appreciate the feedback :)
Car6on

Postby Chocolatnave » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Good sir,

As you may be aware, the scourge known as Mediafire has a very horrid policy when it comes to games of the "entertainment" nature. This is terrible, as your links may be shot down, causing people to be unable to download your game, which is very bad as not only do you not get the feedback that you need, your game cannot prosper and soar to the great heights that it is capable of.

My suggestion for you would be to use the upload site "Mega" as it is convenient for you as well as all your loyal game-testing minions. I ask that you take my advice into consideration, if not for the very straight-forward message then at least for the attempted "proper english"
Chocolatnave

Postby Car6on » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Chocolatnave Wrote:Good sir,

As you may be aware, the scourge known as Mediafire has a very horrid policy when it comes to games of the "entertainment" nature. This is terrible, as your links may be shot down, causing people to be unable to download your game, which is very bad as not only do you not get the feedback that you need, your game cannot prosper and soar to the great heights that it is capable of.

My suggestion for you would be to use the upload site "Mega" as it is convenient for you as well as all your loyal game-testing minions. I ask that you take my advice into consideration, if not for the very straight-forward message then at least for the attempted "proper english"

Your advice has been taken into consideration and and followed. There will be a "Mega" link for the next update but I will continue to use Mediafire as well.
You made a good attempt at the proper english there!
Car6on

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 3/4)

Postby hoboy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:54 am

Thank you for the poll - I would almost ask instead "how many gigs of memory does your system have?" or "how old is your PC?". I switched to Mac for most computing needs a few years ago and run PC only games on an older xP system, and am getting more and more issues running newly released RPG games because of the lag issues. I like what I've seen of this game, but couldn't play it because of this issue. Design of games in RPG Maker should have a tutorial in how to make the games more accessible to all users - things like "don't have too many active elements in one map" and "don't make your map too big - consider smaller maps with clear paths to adjacent ones".

Just a thought - there are a lot of blogs and links for help using RPG Maker...
hoboy

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 3/4)

Postby Car6on » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:59 pm

hoboy Wrote:Thank you for the poll - I would almost ask instead "how many gigs of memory does your system have?" or "how old is your PC?". I switched to Mac for most computing needs a few years ago and run PC only games on an older xP system, and am getting more and more issues running newly released RPG games because of the lag issues. I like what I've seen of this game, but couldn't play it because of this issue. Design of games in RPG Maker should have a tutorial in how to make the games more accessible to all users - things like "don't have too many active elements in one map" and "don't make your map too big - consider smaller maps with clear paths to adjacent ones".

Just a thought - there are a lot of blogs and links for help using RPG Maker...

I have added a Anti Lag script in hope of solving the issue for most people. I hope it works.
Car6on

Postby Mickele » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Car6on Wrote:What I have fixed:
-The guards at the slave market no longer leaves you with 0 hp!
-The blessing/praying statsboost in the slave market cant be retaken anymore!
-The slave routine in the slave market wont restart again when you enter the slave market through other ways then loosing to the tavern owner!(You cant reenter the big house - this is no bug, the house is locked from the outside)
-The skeleton in the basement in the small house with the green haired girl cant be refighted!(Again, if you leave the map, the green haired girl will reset and be back to normal and if you lose to her...she will still be there yes)
-You will gain 100 MP when sleeping in beds now!
-The tavern owner wont sit there if you defeat him now!(If you leave the map where he is and reenter, he will probably be there because all events unless prevented by a switch or variable will reset....)

I have also created 2 more sex scenes within the slave market and 2 merchants.(One with special items!)
And there were added some chests and the monsters outside Amaranth grant much more money when defeated!

okay, just tested your updated version from the third of april, thanks for fast working on it...

positive points:
- correct starting location...
- guards leave you with 1 hp when they defeat you...
- belessing bonus only once possible (in labyrinth and slave market)...
- slave routine when reentering the slave market after the auction won't restart again...(but the game freezes without anything doable...)
- skeleton in basement is only once fightable...
- sleep gains now hp and mp...
- tavern owner leaves after been defeated..
- two new sex scenes and market ladys with many new chests encountered...

bugs i found here so far:
- THE KING FIGHT ISN'T ACCESSABLE!!! after i defeated the angels, there was no continuing, i can walk to the king (no autowalk as usual), but nothing happens when speaking to him --> can't leave the labyrinth!
also the portals are accessable, but the right one (supposed to exit the red room) teleports you into a black room with no possibility to move etc. (means game freeze..)
- still from the first version: when loosing to the ogre at the beginning of the labyrinth, he disappears and teleports to the room before the cells (just down right) infront of the two chests...
when you fight him there, it doesn't matter what happens, you end up in an endless loop of fighting and refighting him...
- i still have problems with your restarting scenes when leaving a screen, 'cause the event with the gnomes in the cell after they fucked you on the roof isn't triggerable anymore...
also each sex scene where you have to change the screens (i.e. the paid demon sex or when getting paid for sex at the beginning) retriggers all events, means you can endlessly redo the devil sex (gives 20k money each time..)...
in your older version before opening the outer world, this scenarios weren't possible, so every played scene couldn't be redone...
- in the whorehouse (labyrinth just before the throne rooms) there are many bookshelfs on the top wall and the third from right side isn't blocked, sothat you can walk through it...
- played then with older save outdoor and i wasn't able to rejoin the labyrinth (the dark hole in the upper left), nothing happens when moving above it...
- slavemarket scene isn't complet now, 'cause after the auction and reenter, your game freezes complete without anything happening
also when accessing the fixroom from above (before doing the slave auction routine etc.) the guard is blocking the fixroom and after you fight him, the slave auction starts immediatly (when saying you need to fix, you can continue to walk around outside the fixroom)

suggestions:
- also your money increase for items (stats boosts doubled the prize) and your special weapons is a bit out of what you could gain in battles in the outer world...
the guards and espacilly the slave owner (1.500 money, no armour for selling...) give you less money for their hard fights, what you could get from aliens wasn't visible for me after the fight testes...
- i found it really hard at the beginning, when you have to decide which way you want to play, 'cause in the end, for beating the king and queen you needed to be a fighter high leveled, sothat the way with loosing to everybody (which was the harder creation part for you with all these sex scenes) didn't count me a positive effect for the game...
therefore i thought, it would be good, that you could gain some small experience for each sex scene ( 20-50 exp. "like each fuck makes you stronger^^"), which would make thiese decission way more attractive (when every enemy is only once fightable)
- also i have to mention, that your bulls (after defeating the king) give too much exp and money when beating them (i.e. after the king, my team was lvl 22; after beating all bulls on way to exit, my team was lvl 45), 'cause each bull gives you exp for one levelup, but with the strong weapons from last fights, beating them in one round is no problem...
my idea was, that the angel guards give you these weapons for the final fight (they are freed from their course/corruption) and afterwards will take them back, sothat you aren't exiting the labyrinth too overpowered...
or maybe you can programm a level cap for the inner labyrinth sothat when exiting to the outer world, you party is about on level 21 for example...
Mickele

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 4/4)

Postby Car6on » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I will test it all now Mickele :)
Once again thank you for the feedback!
Car6on

Postby Mickele » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 pm

wow, you are fast!!!

i just tested your new file, moreover only the new added things i guess...
did you just send a savefile with it???

i have to say, i love your new sex scene in a new small house...
also encountered both new sex scenes inside the slave market, but the scene with the general wouldn't trigger (no money or pics appear when clicking on yes...)....
for your new monster devil, it still leaves you without health (0 hp) when beating you!!! also a nice scene...

i didn't found your Anti lag script, but i wasn't really looking for it...
Mickele

Postby Car6on » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 pm

So...I've checked everything you said and:

-Slave market routine wont make you freze when reentering the slave market.
-King is accessable again
-Right Portal next to the king works again.
-Ogre at the beginning of the game - fixed.
-2nd gnomefuck in Amaranth works again.
-Paid devil sex can only be done once now.(The area around the entrance to the red room and the paid devil sex -> 20 000 g has been moved to another map because I wanted to reduce lag. All the events reseting is a problem I'm aware of. Fixing it would mean fixing every single event in all the maps...So I'm fixing the more important event such as the paid devil sex which grant 20 000 g and of course you shouldnt be able to do that twice)
-Bookshelf at the whorehouse - fixed.
-Decided that you shouldnt be able to go back into Amaranth once you left and therefor you cant enter the hole anymore.
-Cant find the problem with the slave routine that you are describing.....can you be more precise?
-Reduced the price on the legendary items.
-XP for losing is a good idea but I wont add just yet...might pass 1 or 2 weeks.
-XP from the strong monsters more late in the game has been reduced.
-Buffed the bulls.
-Weapons from angel given and taken again after the fight....I like that idea.
-Also the devil in the slave market wont leave you with 0 hp anymore.

This change has been made but the game is not yet updated.
Car6on

Postby Mickele » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Car6on Wrote:-Cant find the problem with the slave routine that you are describing.....can you be more precise?
This change has been made but the game is not yet updated.

okay, i hope I'm remembering it right:
when entering the slave market alone from entrance to the west and going to the fixroom, you should be able to walk around in it with no harm of one guard...
i encountered, when you have left the screen to the right side for the new room (with piano player, devil etc.), the guard will be blocking the fixroom as if when you are inside during slave auction routine...
I'm not completly sure, if it happened immediately or if i left and reentered the slave market after beating the ghost and tavern owner again and encountered it then...
this guard blocks off the way into the fixroom from the hallroom and when you talk to him, he says you should go fix yourself (then you are staying outside of the room) or have to fight him (afterwards auction routine begins)...

i hope, you haven't forgotten about the sex scene with the general, which didn't trigger when you click on yes...

and still some silly question for last:
i remember after beating the king in the throne room, when you approach the right portal, you get a small piece of a view of a room in the upper right corner of your screen with an ogre standing near the wall...
i was never able to spot this room or find a way how to enter it... (maybe you can tell me...?)
Mickele

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 5/4)

Postby Car6on » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Mickele Wrote:i hope, you haven't forgotten about the sex scene with the general, which didn't trigger when you click on yes...

No I just havent made that scene yet...wont be made until next week maybe since from tomorrow will be my break, decides I have other things to attend to.

Mickele Wrote:and still some silly question for last:
i remember after beating the king in the throne room, when you approach the right portal, you get a small piece of a view of a room in the upper right corner of your screen with an ogre standing near the wall...
i was never able to spot this room or find a way how to enter it... (maybe you can tell me...?)

Yeah this room is actually a room where I keep events which are used during the game. It cant be entered.
Car6on

Postby Lord154 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 am

Hello all

I can't download the game. 4shared link is down and mega asked for a key
Lord154

Postby Mickele » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:08 am

Update: 5/4:(Correct starting point now)(Last update for a week.)
-Weapons from angel given and taken again after the fight with the King.
-Also the devil in the slave market wont leave you with 0 hp anymore.
-Now you cant enter the makeup room inside the slave market without running the slave rutine.(This might fix the problem Mickele)

wonderful, thank you very much, i wil try and test it all..

it's your good right to take a break whenever you want, feel free to relax and go to other more important things than this game here...
you have done enough in the fast days for this game, now the user's can try to do their things with testing and reporting bugs etc.

we will await you back hopefully afterwards!!!
Last edited by Mickele on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mickele

Postby Kaltren » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:01 pm

This game is awesome, but I'm totally unable to figure out how to get out after beating the king. If it requires you to go back to the first room, I can get back there, but I can't interact with the entry door...
Kaltren
Newly Registered

Postby Lord154 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello all

It is a really good game. However i also am unable to interact with the exit after defeat the King. The problem seems to be that something is mess after deafeat the king, because in the beginning you are able to interact with exit
Lord154

Postby Mickele » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

i checked everything out and have to tell ya:
- King, right portal next to the king and 2nd gnome fuck are working again. Ogre at the beginning of the game and bookshelf have been fixed.and paid devil sex can only be done once now.
- XP from the strong monsters more late in the game has been reduced.
okay, but still after buffing the bulls, they are pretty easy for me with tripple attack and dragon sword....
- Weapons from angel given and taken again after the fight is working fine....
- Also the devil in the slave market wont leave you with 0 hp anymore.
- slave market routine won't trigger when reentering the slave market after finishing the auction routine...

problems i detected:
- as both people above me are saying, the exit/entrance of the labyrinth isn't working now, you are still in the labyrinth and when accessing the hole, nothing, even no text appears...
- i found out, that there is still a money cheat in the game, 'cause your general scene doesn't trigger, but each time he gives you money (at the end only 10k g)...
- the entrance to fixroom is now blocked by an invisible soldier behind the curtain, who doesn't let you leave it...
(when i tried to do the auction routine, after the fight i couldn't exit the fixroom to start auction, 'cause the guard won't move when you loose (he stands one field upper then normal besides the walls, so he can't move sideway and the game freezes), when you win the fight, everything works properly with the auction;
when i wanted to get into fixroom from hall without auction routine, the guard blocks me with his text etc. and let's me fight him or fix me sothat i can still walk outside in the hall...after beating him, the blue haired girl tells me to get off (good prevention of getting in the makeup room!), after loosing to him, the auction doesn't start (in older version, there was a trigger, so you have resolved this!!!))
- okay, there seems to be something buggy still with the fixroom, 'cause after doing the auction routine and reentering the slave market, i was able to defeat the guard and walk into the fixing room...
(also when loosing to the slave owner again, you wake up in the tavern bed, sothat the auction is an one-time event now...)
- i wonder how to use your legendary weapons or who can equip them, 'cause Nimrodel can't wear them...

suggestions:
- i wonder if you plan a continuation for the old man in the noble house, 'cause for the price he can't let you walk away so easily
I don't know what you still have in mind, my suggestion was that maybe he puts a magically slave collar on you and when you escape, random fights against guards who want to bring you back to your master could apear???
or magically you appear in the noble houses bed each time you sleep somewhere (mind control let you sleepwalk to your master's home) and you have to do some sort of things there to get free again...
Last edited by Mickele on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mickele

Postby FMC » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm

I was wondering if it was just me that was having problems leaving the place after killing off the king (twice, mind you, and both times didn't work).
FMC

Postby Maveric » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm

I realy enjoy this game at the first run i was too careless and i was fucked a lot. Looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good job mate.
Maveric
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects