Amaranth RPG MAKER VX|ACE

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 28/01/2015)

Postby Car6on » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Rakarth Wrote:I hope to god the child birth is gonna be optional.... If it isn't, eh don't think I'll be following this game anymore.

It is optional. It will only happen if you actually try to get pregnant.
Car6on

Postby TheWizard » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 am

I saw that there seems to have been a recent update, is the new link for parts 1 and 2 the updated version? I'm kind of confused since there's no new section in the update changelog(s) on the first post :)
So close yet so far
TheWizard

Postby bmn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:55 am

first time playing the game. im a bit confused, inst the game meant to start in a labyrinth? for some reason im starting in what i assume is the elf village, am i doing something wrong? also is there any difference or consequence for losing battles or wining?
bmn

Postby TheWizard » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:54 am

bmn Wrote:first time playing the game. im a bit confused, inst the game meant to start in a labyrinth? for some reason im starting in what i assume is the elf village, am i doing something wrong? also is there any difference or consequence for losing battles or wining?

Wow. Just noticed that in a new game play on the newest version (been playing off of old saves for awhile). Yeah upon hitting up a new game, it automatically starts at the elf village to which i presume is the aftermath of what happens after-
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

you beat the black guild and "save" the elf village
It does not start at the Labyrinth.

EDIT- upon further playing the above spoiler is nullified. I think Car6on accidentally released a test build situated for the elven village or whatnot. :S
So close yet so far
TheWizard

Postby Scylla89 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Z0mb13
thank you for a good game. I played before the latest patch, but I had to flush my hardrive.
I have a problem, like a few earlier people I have "RGSS202E.dll not found"
I have downloaded and installed both rpg maker vx lite and the Rtp that you linked earlier. still didn't got the RGSS file..
So I downloaded it from here ( http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php ... -be-found/ )

Hopefully it's the right file, but where should I put it. (If I put it in the folder I got on my hardrive where I installed RTP I still get the same error (RGSS not found when I try starting the game) and if I put it in the "Amaranth game folder" I dont get an error that it is missing. But then it cant find the RTP folder instead.)
Im pretty certain I must be doing something wrong, but what?
Scylla89
Newly Registered

Postby Z0mb13 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:47 am

Scylla89 Wrote:Hi Z0mb13, I'm pretty certain I must be doing something wrong, but what?

I still don't understand how some of you managed to have that problem.

I said to download and install RPG Maker VX RTP found at http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/add ... e-packages
These are the steps you should have done.

If you have, I don't know what you should do next. :shock:
But if you haven't, (for example if you took the ACE version :o ), SHAME on you and on the others who did the same thing! :evil:

123.png
Z0mb13

Postby Scylla89 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Yes that solved it. I was being a donky and repeatably downloaded the wrong thing:P
Btw are you not supposed to start in the labyrint? or is it my version that is messed up since I start in what could be the elf willage on level one (without party) and cant get into the labyrint
Scylla89
Newly Registered

Postby Z0mb13 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Scylla89 Wrote:Yes that solved it. I was being a donky and repeatably downloaded the wrong thing:P

Yes, I knew you did that. And the others did it as well. I hoped that you would realize that they were three versions, and then choose the one I said to download, but it seems that somehow it was too complicated.

The most hilarious comment was:
dndman997 Wrote:nope didnt work, i even had it on before.

Scylla89 Wrote:Btw are you not supposed to start in the labyrint? or is it my version that is messed up since I start in what could be the elf willage on level one (without party) and cant get into the labyrint

That's due to Carbon who has updated a test version, but he hasn't realised it yet. :D
Unzip and replace in your game folder.

Data.zip
(643.77 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Last edited by Z0mb13 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Z0mb13

Postby deadofphoenix » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:57 pm

well i replaced them but sadly it still starts at the elf village or is it only on me and did i pasted it wrong . i replaced it in the gamefolder
deadofphoenix
Newly Registered

Postby Z0mb13 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:43 am

deadofphoenix Wrote:well i replaced them but sadly it still starts at the elf village or is it only on me and did i pasted it wrong . i replaced it in the gamefolder

Fixed. I should have tested it first, but I was too lazy to download the new version. ;)
Z0mb13

Postby SterlingArcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm

so is the new update fixed yet? i still teleport to the Elven Village when i first start. i haven't try to download it again i am just making sure it is fixed first. Secondly i am kinda happy that i finally saw the village after it was burnt down. been having a problem getting into the Black Guild. Could someone show me a way to get into the Black Guild hide out? with pictures and stuff expaining how? would be sooo helpful lol. and i do have save games i could just put them in the folder and load them up and that might help me get out of the problem i am having.
SterlingArcher

Postby bmn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:08 pm

hey so first i wanna thank zomb13 for the fix, i am now able to start at the labyrinth. however i ran into a problem, whenever i go to the redroom in the labyrinth the game freezes, only allowing me to move every 7 seconds or so, i was just wandering whether this happens because the fix that zomb13 posted is bugged or whether this is a problem with the game it self? i assume that everything else up to that point works fine but i dont actualy know since this is my first time playing the game. just wandering whether you guys could help or do i just have to wait for a new version of the game?
bmn

Postby Z0mb13 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:06 pm

SterlingArcher Wrote:so is the new update fixed yet? [...] been having a problem getting into the Black Guild

No it isn't. Only Carbon could upload a new version.
And for the black guild, I already answered you (Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 pm) and Carbon too (Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 pm).
The only requirement to find the guild entrance is to have won in the high garden arena.

bmn Wrote:whenever i go to the redroom in the labyrinth the game freezes, only allowing me to move every 7 seconds or so

It's strange. I went through the entire red room without any problems. I hope that you don't have a low end pc !
I won't explain how the world is divided into smaller places which contain some rooms to be more resources friendly, but I know that all the moving soldiers could cause some lag.

So for the temporary fix:
- If you are new to the game, you started a new game and got stuck in an Elves village: download my fix, apply it and start a new game. It's a workaround to get the intro which is needed for you.
A few posts above I posted the old data files, so you won't have to re-download 230 MB of pictures but only 1 MB of game files.
- Else you aren't new to the game and you already got some game saves: forget the fix. Just paste your previous saves and play with them.
Z0mb13

Postby bmn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:23 am

my laptop is low to medium end, but i dont think that the reason its laging. the bit you mentioned about the moving solders that could cause lag, i assume u are referring to the redroom cells and if so then i have no problem there, it works fine up until i enter the actual redroom which from what i can tell only contains 3 ogres and a guard. could u let me know whether the redroom is necessary for advancing the story or not? in the mean time i will try to find out by myself. if theres a fix let me know if not thanks any way.
bmn

Postby bmn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 am

scratch the above comment, just found out that the redroom is a lot bigger than i thought, but even so i played a bit before u posted the fix and i would argue that the slave market has as many npc as the redroom and i had no trouble there ether, and this is not the first rpg maker game i play and this is the first time this ever happened. oh well still enjoyed the bit that i played, i might go back and try to fight trough the lag but i dont think i have enough patience.
bmn

Postby Z0mb13 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 am

bmn Wrote:my laptop is low to medium end

I played the red room part on my very old core2duo laptop and I experienced some lag but it was playable. Of course it is slow but if you press shift to run it helps.
I have no idea how and why you could experience some massive freeze there.
Z0mb13

Postby Chan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Like some others said, bug wise.

HIgh Garden
Missing BGM in High Garden - For The Wisp Guy initial area. (He gives a Coin when don't really see what it does?)
In the Coin/Money room. The one which is near the auditorium and the other such rooms. If you lost to the guards. They will strip you naked. However, you'll be unable to regain your clothes. Even though they say your clothes is in the room and there is a mannequin in the room.

Amaranth Dungeon
You can't save the girl in the middle bottom cell near the VIP whore. As the cell door flips (as if opening) then freezes.
If you choose to kill the Ogre kill, to gain possession of Sex Goddess and you do kill him. The sex scene will still occur.

Karth (Ogre Keep)
The girl in the left cells. Who is getting raped by the little Orcs. Won't acknowledge the death of the King.

Poet Statue Bug - If you discuss the Poet statue after knowing its evil, you will have you character state they might have to pray as its been changed to hurt the demon.

Sidenote: Would you be able to add in an enemy/item which reduces your sexual addiction? At the cost of something like XP?
Chan

Postby Indeed » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:33 am

How's progress? Maybe a lot maybe a little? Liking it a lot so far, keep being awesome :D
Indeed

Postby SterlingArcher » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:10 am

hello me again lol. Anyways was just wondering when the next update will be coming out. I've loved the game so far and i can't wait to keep going ^^ Great job btw i love this game one of my most favorite's to come out of LegendOfkrystal.com/forum's you got real talent Don't give up! :mrgreen:
SterlingArcher

Postby dawnofcrow » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:14 am

@ Car6on i like game and if u need help beta on game i can help u
dawnofcrow
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects