Overwhored RPG Maker Game FULL GAME UPDATE!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATED 13/MAY/2015!

Postby seyfer110 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:05 am

in stuck on the desert island, adter my ship get destroyed by the dwarf heroine...
i have gathered every girl, i think ( the 3 starter, the blondie, the erebat, the caster and branda) ...but i have No Idea where i should go now O.o
seyfer110

Postby musical74 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am

The Tower Mistress will let you know if you have everyone when you get to a certain point (Jungle north I think?), there's a check where if you have everyone, she'll let you crush some goblins and go north. If you have forgotten someone, she will mention *you don't have everyone yet* and you'll have to search for the missing member.

Regarding the island you land on after Audr crushes your ship, I found a weird error that was quasi-game breaking, but only if certain conditions were met. A 4 ants encounter was south, I could only go west when I fought them. However...I couldn't go anywhere because the sprite refused to disappear after I crushed them, essentially making it a game-breaking bug. HOWEVER if that situation doesn't happen, everything's OK. I couldn't replicate it (granted, I wasn't TRYING to) so I don't know if that was a bizarre glitch or what.
musical74

Postby seyfer110 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:47 am

musical74 Wrote:The Tower Mistress will let you know if you have everyone when you get to a certain point (Jungle north I think?), there's a check where if you have everyone, she'll let you crush some goblins and go north. If you have forgotten someone, she will mention *you don't have everyone yet* and you'll have to search for the missing member.

Yay, got it, thanks!
...don't know how, but i managed to miss that part the first 3 times i've searched the area...-.-'
seyfer110

Postby rebelseal » Sun May 31, 2015 3:27 am

this is one of the best games ive found on here in the nonflash section(i refuse to compare flash and nonflash) the only one really competing with it for top slot is harem collector not trying to say any others are bad they are just my favorites
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Postby Cypress_z » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:20 pm

So I'm working on re-balancing the game and making a bunch of other changes. Farming is dropping as a workload issue as the heat wave here takes effect and it becomes too hot to work outside.

That said, I recently got an offer to have body-pillows made of Overwhored characters and I...

Body pillows? Really?

I guess I just have to ask - is that something you all even want? If so, it's no trouble to get them made. But I don't want to waste my time making chibi-overmind body pillows (or more likely, full sized Nanshe and the like ones) if no one would buy them. It wouldn't be a problem to get the art done for it. But will anyone even buy it?

Yes? No? Maybe so?
Creator of Overwhored and Home Invasion. My games are free but you can support the creation of new games (and download all the games I've made) on my Patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/cypressz?ty=h
Cypress_z

Postby steve88luv334 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:38 am

Yes to the pillows all the way, I would slowly buy the whole set. Your artwork is AMAZING and better than even Roundscape Adorevia so I find your characters really appealing. My wife might kill me for buying them but she understands my "games".
steve88luv334

Postby UnLimiTeD » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 pm

You sure attract attention. ;)
Personally not my beer, but if you find customers, go for it. :D
UnLimiTeD

Postby NekoKao » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:07 am

gold bars x 4 from goblin camp are one of the items that show up in inventory with a blank name, still not sure what one of the x1 is though sorry.
NekoKao
Newly Registered

Postby musical74 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Yeah, occasionally there are items that are *blank* that have a X1 or whatever. Usually it's not an issue (so long as you ignore the item it doesn't affect anything) but trying to sell it resulted in a game crash. Mainly I was surprised to see that I could sell the *blank item*, but then the game crashed so technically you can't...

One question I was thinking about. I GUESS the reason for the monster battles (after Sayda has been dealt with) is to get everyone powered up a bit since there was no respawning for awhile. However, since monsters now respawn, the battle arena kind of became less useful. Will you keep it because it does make for easier fighting, or get rid of it because you can go back and clobber things again?
musical74

Postby AriasaYatomie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:52 am

Love this game so much, one of my favorite games of all time, just wish I could afford to help support chu, but i is too poor for that! :cry:
AriasaYatomie

Postby Cypress_z » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Hey all, the combat beta is now done. This release is mostly updates to enemies letting them have more abilities for combat but there are also a few new sex scenes. The new Mayor of Bilbao will give you a warm welcome, the Kitsune (fox-girl) in the monstergirl village now has her scene in and new artwork is put throughout. Enjoy!

http://www.badkittygames.net/games/ow/
Creator of Overwhored and Home Invasion. My games are free but you can support the creation of new games (and download all the games I've made) on my Patreon!
Cypress_z

Postby zuleyka » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Nice work, i like this game
zuleyka

Postby musical74 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:29 am

I just can't shake the feeling that Final Fantasy 6 is one of your favorite games, seeing how you incorporate stuff that is also in FF6 (that's not a bad thing, just noticing a lot of similarities)

The biggest question is when are we going to actually get to fuck Rubati?? (I haven't played through all the new content yet, but she keeps running away...)
musical74

Postby Cypress_z » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:06 am

musical74 Wrote:I just can't shake the feeling that Final Fantasy 6 is one of your favorite games, seeing how you incorporate stuff that is also in FF6 (that's not a bad thing, just noticing a lot of similarities)

The biggest question is when are we going to actually get to fuck Rubati?? (I haven't played through all the new content yet, but she keeps running away...)

The primary inspirations for this game are FFVI, Chrono Trigger, and Lunar. I'd make the combat more like Chrono Trigger but keep butting heads with the system limitations and my own limitations as I'm not a programmer. I can hire programmers but they're stupidly expensive.

I feel like I put as many references to Lunar into the game as FFVI but since it was vastly less popular fewer people catch it. I doubt I'll ever have the money but I would one day love to make games that incorporate short animated cutscenes the way Lunar did. Not intrusive, just punctuating important scenes. That said I'm trying to make some of the picture sequences I can afford FEEL a bit like that. Check this sequence I had censored for a commercial I'm making for youtube:

Of course the stuff Lunar could do still blows me out of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ripBa8Ga8

The truth is it's just easier to imitate FFVI than the other two in the system I work in. I struggle a lot trying to figure out ways to expand it beyond those limitations. Perhaps it'd be trivial if I were a programmer but I'm not. I'm a writer/manager and I'm often standing up and shaking the bars of that cage. The truth is I'm always wishing I could do more.

As for Rubati she has sex scenes already made. They've been done for quite some time, actually. She WILL be someone you can get eventually. It's just a matter of getting there. The game is almost done. You won't have to wait long!
Cypress_z

Postby Unknowneth » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:04 pm

So, been a mostly long time lurker, but seeing as I encountered a somewhat dead end, I was wondering where I should go next. And while I ask where the ship is to get to Il-..whatever that town was (right after defending the castle, also revisited the princesses already), I want to say that this game is AMAZING.
It's fun to play and I hope we get to fuck Rubati soon! Really, amazing work of yours, Cypress. Keep it going!
Unknowneth
Newly Registered

Postby Cypress_z » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Unknowneth Wrote:So, been a mostly long time lurker, but seeing as I encountered a somewhat dead end, I was wondering where I should go next. And while I ask where the ship is to get to Il-..whatever that town was (right after defending the castle, also revisited the princesses already), I want to say that this game is AMAZING.
It's fun to play and I hope we get to fuck Rubati soon! Really, amazing work of yours, Cypress. Keep it going!

Alas, that's the end of the current version. I'm going to work on Ilmatar's country and try to get it out by the end of next month. Or at least a beta. Once that is done there will only be one more release before the game is done.
Cypress_z

Postby musical74 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:25 pm

It took me awhile to find the Lunar references - I had already spotted many CT and FF6 references. Odd, because I love Lunar too...just didn't pick up on those at first. Being aware of it now though, I do see them.

I do like that you made the regular fights a bit more challenging. It requires more thought than just *plow through the area and recover later*. Going through the mountain and the mausoleum required a LOT more thought - and running from things because I was a bit underpowered (as in I needed more stuff than I had). It's good stuff!
musical74

Postby UnLimiTeD » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:31 am

Are there differences between the donor release and public release?
UnLimiTeD

Postby Cypress_z » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 pm

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Are there differences between the donor release and public release?

Yeah, there are some sex scenes not in the beta and a few tweaks.
Cypress_z

Postby Cypress_z » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Excellent news everyone! There's a whole new chapter of Overwhored out! Since the beta test started I've added some stuff such as a new sex scene for Bilbine and the sex scene with the Ice Queen's daughter.

This chapter features the Ice Queen herself, Ilmatar, ruler of Lapland, the Finland inspired region of the world.

After this there's only one story chapter left, then one month of making sure all features are implemented and polished.

Enjoy!

http://www.badkittygames.net/games/ow/
Cypress_z

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects