Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)- Updated 13/02/2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)

Postby moonblack » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:See, I've gone to the tree. Nothing.

First you need to speak to the orc in the bar (the same one that was guarding trhe entrance tot he first dungeon) and learn where the orc camp is.
moonblack

Postby Ancalador » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:
AllenAndArth Wrote:
RandomGuy2599 Wrote:I cannot...find the damn Orcs.

I got the weapon fixed, did several other things like god the Maids, bought other slaves, ect.

I've searched the map, all buildings, and all NPCS.

Besides that, one of the funniest things in years.

you pass the small bridge under the town and head west to the forest area, in the middle of nowhere inside the area you're going to see a dead tree, it's there! By the way aside from the submission thing with the necromancer I got: the sister, necromancer, twins, head slave(the first girl), gun-girl, slave with pink hair, the one from the branch shop and the one from the condo...the amazing old man, the farmer girl and even made the cannery quest what more is there to do, because I talk with the maid and there's no quest, the girl from the guild says that there's no message(I reeeeeeally want to fuck her MWAHAHAHA! Being a douche is awesome!) and when I got to the guild in eastfort I somehow lost my card even though it's in the inventory!

See, I've gone to the tree. Nothing.

*sigh* If you ask the merchant where to find the orcs, he'll mention asking an orc. I'm pretty sure you can't actually reach this point in the game without meeting a certain orc, so ask him first and then you'll be able to go to the clearing with the dead tree
Ancalador
Newly Registered

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Just downloaded last night, and am now downloading the version of RPGMaker needed to run. Hope it goes somewhat smoothly.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby cookie jar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Guess what, being sick can have positive side effects. For example like sitting around at home having spare time on my hands for playing this game.

First of all: I like the game. There is a lot of fun stuff in there and I like your approach of the game not taking itself seriously most of the time. :D

I'll go a bit more into detail about the good and bad aspects of the game, as I experienced them. (And I apologize in advance, It's a lot of text...)

Your maps seem to have a lot of empty spaces. And I don't mean areas like Southport which are clearly still under construction. Even in the starting town of Northmarket there are large patches of open areas. This tends to give the maps a bit of a dismal appearance.
It also increases the distances you have to walk. Running around for long distances tends to get boring and repetitive fast. Though with the 3 possible speeds and fast travel options, you've already done something to counter that.
In addition, this means that exploring is less interesting, and in a game like yours which is mostly an open world scenario, that's a bit counterproductive.
I would suggest to make the maps a little smaller and denser in the future.

The h-scenes so far could do with a bit more details to flesh them out. And maybe make them a bit longer textwise. But that's more of a personal preference, so this is purely an "imho" statement.

The combat ist a mixed blessing. While the fight's are doable, you are in a world of trouble and hurt if you don't do the quests in the order you have them intended, especially the first few. The level recommendation puts you on the right track there, but some people won't expect a single level making that much difference.
I actually like the fact that in some of the fights you can't simply roll over the enemies as if they were made out of paper. But again especially at the start a bit of luck or the lack thereof can turn a fight or the folloing for the better or worse very quickly. In addition a wrong investement with your money or pleasure in the early stages can make your life extremely difficult during subsequent fights. It might be an idea to throw in some more tutorial-style tips about that. That way you won't even have to change the difficulty of the fights.
At this point I'd like to point out that I chose the "test for balance" option and the only area I had to retry because I lost a fight was the orc camp. The orc chieftain stomped me good and hard on my first 2 tries. Though one of those can't really be counted, I guess, since I did my first attempt before completing "one is the loneliest number". However, the second time I lost, I had Elaiya with me, but a string of missed attacks did it for me.

The puzzles are a nice touch and not too difficult or easy. The only one I found that I haven't been able to solve (yet) is the clock in the shop in Eastford. (More on this later in my questions at the end.)

Most of the bugs I found have already been mentioned or fixed. What I remeber was that sometimes during conversations characters use the standard rpg maker portraits instead of your custom made portraits. Or at least I rember it happening with the paladin girl on one occasion at least. I'll have to go back an check during which text line it actually happend. The other things that got me curious bugwise I'll put into spoilertags alongside my questions. Don't want to ruin anything for someone.
Edit: There are 2 conversations so far whre I spotted the wrong portrait being used. One is with Therese, when you try to open the door in the first room while trying to rescue the estate broker's children.
The second time it occurs, is when you enter the grounds of your manor for the first time. Alina has the wrong portrait in this one.
Edit 2: Found 2 more: When you have Therese heal the old man north of the cannary and when you talk to Sally and ask about sex when Therese is with you.

Questions and other stuff best put in spoiler tags:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

In the townhouse in southport on the first floor there's a chest with 5 candleholders around. The chest can be opened while they are still on. If you switch them off afterward, nothing happens. Since I lack an older save around that point (stupid me, I know), I'd like to ask: Is it intentional that you can open the chest while they are on? Or would have something else happend if I had switched them off and then tried to open the chest? If so, I don't nee to know what, I'll see for myself in a second playthrough.
Edit: 2nd playthrough for the win. OK, it's obvious now that the chest should only appear if you deactivate the candleholders. For some reason the chest appearance triggered for me just by entering the first floor. I haven't been able to reproduce it, since now it seems to trigger as intended.

You can talk to Brogen in the theatre multiple time each time he'll give you the payment for the bank. It doesn't interfere with anything. It does however allow you to pile up Brogen's payment items in your key items section of the inventory. (Which still doesn't cause any problems, just pointing it out.)

Even if you've run out of slavecollars, the game doesn't acknowledge it if a scene requires one. The scene wil progress wether you have one or not.
In addition: if you talk to the slavetrader for the quest for new collars twice, the dialogue simply repeat itself giving you multiple copies of the contract. (By the way, is the collar quest repeatable? (So far it doesn't seem so, but maybe thats because i have a second contact lying around.) Or are you planning to add more different quests to get more collars?)

Any clue as far as the clock in the shop in Eastfort is concerned? I tried various combinations based on the numbers of clocks on the wall, but that didn't do anything and I couldn't find any other clues concerning that.
OK, finally found it. It might be helpful to point out in some way that there is actually no hint in the gme itself, but that it is a reference...

When talking to the clerk in the adventurers guild in Eastfort he states that your membership card is missing, even if it is in your inventory. Going back to Northmarket to check up on that like the conversation suggests doesn't do anything. Is this a WIP issue or am I missing something?

Is there any way to advance the days other than after certain scenes? Resting in the bakery for example doesn't do so. I'll hazard a guess and go with "no", since otherwise you could make an infinite amount of money once you have some joint ventures going. (Which by the way you can using your sisters lunch - if you are crazy enough and have more time on your hands than is good for you...)

And since I seem to have completely missed out on that one: how do you use/get your alchemy labratory working? My guess would be to enslave the right girl. If so, is she already in the game? Because in that case i seem to have completely missed her. :(
Edit: Nevermind. Found out how.

Edit: For my 2nd playthrough I went with the "test for content" option and this made me realize how many options the player actually has in the game. I'm more than impressed with the amount of work this must have taken. A single "test for balance" playthrough only shows a small portion of what you can actually do. Very good work. :) And my bad for posting before trying that option as well, sorry. :?
Still the rest of my comments aside from the corrected are still valid, I believe at least...
Last edited by cookie jar on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Pretty good so far. The questing is nice and interesting, and the scenes that exist are pretty good. Looking forward to future updates and more CGs.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:32 am

my only problem it's that the quests vanished...along with the markerlight (loved that item)
AllenAndArth

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:10 am

I talked to the Orc, multiple times. ALl he says is something about being gay.
RandomGuy2599

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:20 am

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:I talked to the Orc, multiple times. ALl he says is something about being gay.

after you get the merchant quest, go talk with the client at the docks, he's going to say about looking for an orc to know the location, go to the gambling den, talk to the orc again for him to tell you about the tree, get out of the city, go west to the big forest, enter the dead tree right in the middle, kill the orcs, go back to the client, talk to him, go to the guild and *tumtumtum* the quest is done |\(^v^)/|(bird approves *-*9)
AllenAndArth

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:20 am

I also got all the Orbs...at the maze, tried following the instructions on the first page, but once i get to the part to go East, I hit a Dead End.

4 Orbs ,right?

Well, they should have told you to go to the Merchant when you picked it up.

So I found a fifth orb, tried every combination possible, and nothing. Beat all the skellies, opened all the chests...
RandomGuy2599

Postby jasonfreeland29 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:52 am

For you all to know the directions: West, North, North, South, East, North
this is not working i did it 60 times it still leads me whan i get to the east to a chest room that leads outside to start over each time i hit the east room
jasonfreeland29
Newly Registered

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:18 am

RandomGuy2599 Wrote:I also got all the Orbs...at the maze, tried following the instructions on the first page, but once i get to the part to go East, I hit a Dead End.

4 Orbs ,right?

Well, they should have told you to go to the Merchant when you picked it up.

So I found a fifth orb, tried every combination possible, and nothing. Beat all the skellies, opened all the chests...

in the maze you go west, north, north, south, then circle the room 3 times clockwise motion until you hear a click then go west and finally north
AllenAndArth

Postby badwolf23 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:55 pm

jasonfreeland29 Wrote:For you all to know the directions: West, North, North, South, East, North
this is not working i did it 60 times it still leads me whan i get to the east to a chest room that leads outside to start over each time i hit the east room

Have you run around the room three times clockwise? it's actually required, there will be a click sound when it's been done properly.

Also note to creator, love the game. There seems to be a bug on the dialog (and maybe missions?) at the Eastfort Adventurers guild building. Even when you have your membership card it will ask for it and the character will say it was left back at the other guild base. Not sure if this has any effect on game play at present, though it looked like there may have been quest to take, so I wasn't sure.
badwolf23
Newly Registered

Postby AbbasRaza » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 am

Great game but I cant find the freakin temple where Theresa is. Any Help plzz.
AbbasRaza
Newly Registered

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:02 am

Strange. Your comments were wrong. I did West, North, North, South, three times spin, then West and entered the room. Final North not needed.
RandomGuy2599

Postby AbbasRaza » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:44 am

Ryan Nocturne Wrote:So... where can I find Therese? Even the reminder doesn't tell me where she is.

Have you found Theresa. If yes then can you please tell me where is this freaking Temple
AbbasRaza
Newly Registered

Postby Lurkingchar » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 am

AbbasRaza Wrote:
Ryan Nocturne Wrote:So... where can I find Therese? Even the reminder doesn't tell me where she is.

Have you found Theresa. If yes then can you please tell me where is this freaking Temple

Not total sure about this one, but i don't think she has been implemented unless you go to buy the primal mage. I know that character doesn't fully exist yet so they give you three people in place, one of which is Therese
Lurkingchar

Postby AllenAndArth » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 am

Lurkingchar Wrote:
AbbasRaza Wrote:

Not total sure about this one, but i don't think she has been implemented unless you go to buy the primal mage. I know that character doesn't fully exist yet so they give you three people in place, one of which is Therese

is that the only way? I don't want to spend money...even if I have all of the joint ventures you can pay for...
AllenAndArth

Postby badwolf23 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

AbbasRaza Wrote:

The temple is just south and est of the manor, but if you talk to the sister all she says is that she's in cloister for impure thoughts. I imagine this is a set up for a later quest not yet implemented.
badwolf23
Newly Registered

Postby AbbasRaza » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:25 pm

So I am stuck at the part where Sisters true power is released. I went to the blacksmith He tells me to contact an Enchanter I have searched everywhere but can't find an Enchanter. Is it a WIP??
Secondly I can't locate any clues about the clock in the clock store. Hints??
If anybody have ended the game completely can somebody tell me how to get into the Guild at Eastfort. I keeps on asking for membership card. Where can I get it??
AbbasRaza
Newly Registered

Postby kuroshirou » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Does anyone know where all 5 dark seeds are and what happens when you give them to that magician guy, I only found three not sure if you can find other two.
kuroshirou
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects